Tearing away this fat with Alpha Lean-7! (sponsored)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Big ol' holler out to mountainman33, Afi140, and LeanEngineer from Strong Supplement Shop for offering and selecting me to log a bottle of Alpha Lean-7 from Hard Rock Supplements!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings per container: 90

Caffeine 200 mg
Alpha Lean-7 Proprietary Blend: 467 mg
Panthergy™ N-Methylpentyl-iminoglutaric acid,
Taraxacum Officinate (Dandelion Powder),
Methyl synephrine,
Betaine Anhydrous (TMG),
Green Tea Extract (50% Catechins),
Cissus Quadrangularis (5% Ketosteroids),
L-Carnitine,
Rauwolfia vomitoria Root Extract (std. min. 90% Alpha Yohimbine)
Alpha Lean-7 by Hard Rock Supplements

Check out the link if you're interested in what each of the ingredients do. In a nutshell, this is what Alpha Lean-7 promises to it's user:
- Helps Torch Body Fat*
- Helps Diminish Your Cravings*
- Helps to Amplify Your Energy*
- Helps to Increase Your Metabolic Rate*
- Helps Remove Water Weight*
- Promotes an Elevated Positive Mood*
- Helps to Increase Concentration and Focus*

I've already shed my "holiday weight" and am looking forward to a shirtless summer season. Currently working out 6 days a week with a split of full body and Fartlek (screwing off) type training. I have steadily dropped my cals from 2700 down to 2300 over the past month. I'm going to keep them at 2300 this week before determining if I need to drop them father. I would like to see a loss of a good 8-10 lbs over the next 30 days using AL-7 and common sense. .So let's see what happens! Starting pix and weight will be up tomorrow!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Following!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In on this for sure! Can't wait to see your results!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looking forward to the log :)

mountain1

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Very Interested in this product, definitely watching for your results!!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Starting pix
IMG_2910.JPG
IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG
IMG_2912.JPG

I slept really badly last night. I think some of that was excitement about starting this log. Silly, I know. But a new supp gets me like a kid on Christmas morning! I went ahead and started with 2 caps pre-workout and 500mg of agmatine to open up the veins a bit. Creatine and betaine and the occasional BCAAs round out the staples I'll be using on this log.

I first started feeling AL7 kick in about 30 minutes after dosing. Got to the gym and hit it like this--

DAY 1--Chest all rests are 15 seconds, time between exercises is whatever it took for me to get set up 60-120 seconds
Stationary Bike--5 miles for 200 cals (According to machine [a2m])

One arm machine flyes--85lbs ascending style
Decline--10x3x195
Alternating flat press--6x5x45
Hammer incline--5x6x130
Cable cross--3x10x36
Svend press--2x15x30

8 Tabata rounds each
Assorted battle ropes
Heavy punching bag

Arc Trainer--21 minutes for 470 cals (a2m)

Sweat and energy was definitely there today! I felt very focused and generally in a good mood at the gym--even during the cardio! I think I'm going to skip the 2nd dose for a couple days until I determine tolerance. But so far, so good!

Attachments

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454372908.959565.jpg

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Weight prior to workout
IMG_2932.JPG

Day 2 Damage Report--
2 caps of Alpha Lean-7
all rests for 15 seconds unless otherwise noted

Stationary bike for 5 miles 200 cals (a2m)

1 arm pulldown--30 reps alternating at 48lbs
Rack pull--10x3x335 (performed 20 mtn climbers between sets)
1 arm cable row--6x5x72
Rope pulldown--5x6x84
Deads to row--3x10x135
DB lever row--2x15x35

Tabatas
Rowing machine
Arc Trainer Sprints (8 rounds tabata then steady, 250 cals a2m)

I was sweating so much today that it was both embarrassing and inspiring. I always carry a towel, but it was so wet that I had to wipe the equipment down with auxiliary towels! I'm going to dose 1 cap mid-morning today too.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome pics! Can't wait to see the after pics:) But what nutrition app is that? It looks familiar?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ain't nuttin' wrong with a good sweat. It's a good sign.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome pics! Can't wait to see the after pics:) But what nutrition app is that? It looks familiar?
It's my fitness pal. And nice stuff so far :)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
indeed it is my fitness pal. Here's yesterday's macros. Came in right at 2,000 cals. A little low, but I'm thinking that second dose of AL-7 cut down my hunger and led to a smaller lunch.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454507396.386497.jpg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It's my fitness pal. And nice stuff so far :)
Yea that's what it is. My friend uses it. I need to download it. But keep it up jalfrey.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454552806.867370.jpg

A little heavy on the fats today. But not bad considering I had a steak with dinner.

Workout consisted of cardio and arm/ab tabata rounds. Something I've noticed the past couple days is that the diuretic effect of AL-7 is pretty potent too! Vascularity has already increased in my arms and we're just getting started!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Tabata's suck in a good way. haha I'm usually sore the next day so that means they work.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tabata's suck in a good way. haha I'm usually sore the next day so that means they work.
I find they are great for making me sweat and wheeze!

This morning I weighed in and...
IMG_2941.JPG

Hell yes! I'm telling myself that this is largely water and normal log start stuff. But I've been cutting for about a month now. So I'm not so sure AL-7 isn't largely to blame for the 5lb drop since Monday ; )

Boulder Shoulder day today. I've noticed a bit more definition coming in around them. Had a good intense workout and tried to remind myself that I'm just looking to stay strong, not necessarily hit PRs right now.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike--5.5 miles for 225 cals (a2m)

1 arm cable pull through--23lbs ascending
Clean and press--10x3x115 (took 20 seconds rest with these instead of 15. I really hate them...)
Seated DB lat raise--6x5x20
Seated alternating DB front raise--5x6x20
Db shrug--3x10x85
Seated Victory press--1x15x40, 1x15x30
Tabatas
KB swings--40lbs
Battle Ropes

Arc Trainer--20 minutes for 450 cals (a2m)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Possibly a dumb question about the Alpha Yohimbine in the product. I take my 2 cap dose upon waking. About 25-30 minutes later, I've been having 1/2 scoop of whey prior to working out. I've noticed this helps my endurance and I want to protect my GAINZ (kinda srs).

My question: Is that 1/2 scoop, 12-13g of protein going to raise my insulin and negate the effects of the Alpha Y? Would it be better to go with BCAAs?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it would negatively affect it but i'm not 100% sure.

But keep up the good work in here. And don't eat too bad for superbowl sunday;)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it would negatively affect it but i'm not 100% sure.

But keep up the good work in here. And don't eat too bad for superbowl sunday;)
Thanks, bro. I didn't do too badly over the weekend. Had both a Mardi Gras party Saturday night and the Bowl last night. The scale was still up from Friday, but down from last Monday. So I'll take it at 232lbs...for now.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^ Nice! I had way too much to eat. haha But sunday is my cheat day anyways:) Keep up the good work though! Whats your goal weight to get to? 225?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't do much food logging over the weekend. But got back with the program yesterday.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455026652.309544.jpg

Weight as of this morning.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455026665.042314.jpg

I honestly don't know what my goal weight is anymore. When I first started out on this journey 6 years ago, I was 330 and wanted to be 230. I hit 230 a couple years ago and decided I needed more muscle so I bumped up to 250 and got back down to 230. I would love to be 225 and think that is a real possibility by next week. But I'm going for more of a "look" now. I'd also like for this extra skin around my midsection to finish shrinking and find a winning Powerball ticket. But one thing at a time ; )

For the purpose of this log, I want to hit 220. I think this is very doable and thankfully my fiancee' is equally on the health train with me so there's not as much temptation when we go out to eat. She's already pretty nice to look at, but is wanting to shed 10-15lbs by our wedding in October.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! At least you're hitting over your goals on protein:)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This morning's damage report--

Stationary bike for 5 miles 200 cals (a2m)

DB lever row--2x15x40
1 arm pulldown--30 reps alternating at 48lbs
Deads to row--3x10x155
Rack pull--10x3x335 (performed 20 mtn climbers between sets)
1 arm cable row--6x5x72
Rope pulldown--5x6x84
Arc Trainer--15 minutes for 350 cals (a2m)

So disgustingly sweaty today...I love it! Changed up the order of things from last week a bit so I could hit some heavier weights. I also took a bit longer doing that so not as much cardio today. I don't think that was a bad thing, though. It's been 4 and a half hours since my 2 cap dose. I'm starving in spite of the shake I had post-workout. Trying to hold out until 10:00 for my mid-morning 1 cap dose of AL-7. Drinking water, drinking water, drinking water...

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout this am. I feel you on the hunger. Normally some carbonation helps me keep it off for an extra hour or so. 220 is very doable at the rate your going as well. Keep it up

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice workout this am. I feel you on the hunger. Normally some carbonation helps me keep it off for an extra hour or so. 220 is very doable at the rate your going as well. Keep it up
Great idea. I've been weaning myself away from soft drinks with seltzer and club soda. I should keep some here at work for hunger emergencies! I did take my mid-morning dose of AL-7 about 36 minutes ago and I can feel the edge being taken off :D

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like that workout. Nice job.
There are also some really tasty sparking waters out there too. I drink a ton from our local grocery store. Raspberry cranberry is the best so far.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea when it kicks it it is the best:) and you'll get to 220 for sure!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea when it kicks it it is the best:) and you'll get to 220 for sure!
Hmmm... I hope so. I didn't drop much yesterday.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455112992.183158.jpg

But if there is still more to go before it kicks in, then hell yeah!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday's weigh-in
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455283692.571363.jpg

Didn't track my dinner macros, ate at the lady's (giggity). But since she's like-minded I probably still stayed under 600 cals.

This morning's weigh-in...boom!
Lovin' it!
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455283711.639289.jpg

Had a great workout. Changed things up a bit to hit all upper body parts a little. Energy was great, sweat was pouring. I'm definitely seeing 220 at the end of the tunnel!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's awesome! I love the progress. Keep it up!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! 220 here you come! Great work in here! Have a good weekend!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday's macros. A little low on calories, but I hit my goals.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455630072.493115.jpg

And like magic...
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455630084.543086.jpg

Had an abbreviated workout today. Somehow, I got to the gym late. Changed things up a bit but stuck with 15-20 second rest, it was still a solid and sweaty effort!

WarmUp--Arc Trainer for 115 cals (a2m)
Assisted Pullups (wide grip)--3x10x130 counterweight

Tbar row--10x3x160 (5 sets wide grip, 5 narrow)
1 arm pulldown--40 ascending
DB lever row (60 degree angle)--2x15x45
Deficit Deads--3x10x205 (stood on 25s for the deficit)
1 arm cable row--3x5x84,72
Rope pulldown--5x6x84

Tabatas--
Stationary Bike
Assisted pullups/dips 115 counterweight

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For some reason as I was leaving the gym, I got to wondering about yohimbine and agmatine not playing nice with each other. So I hit up Google and sure enough they butt heads. Seems that agmatine activates the alpha-2 receptors that yohimbine inhibits. I'm very happy with the results of Alpha Lean-7 thus far, but I'm wondering how much better it will be if I space out my agmatine dosage from the AL7. So instead of taking them together, I'm either going to drop the agmatine for now or take it before bed for the rest of the log.

I'm about halfway through the bottle, so this seems like a good place to start this experiment.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nice! take off your clothes and you'll almost be at 220!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WHOA. BRO! At least let me get a second log from you guys before telling me to take my clothes off. I'm kind of a supp whore, but c'mon...

not srs except for the supp whore part

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
WHOA. BRO! At least let me get a second log from you guys before telling me to take my clothes off. I'm kind of a supp whore, but c'mon...not srs except for the supp whore part
Haha that's funny! but keep it up and you won't have to take off your clothes to be at 220:)

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1455889433.243955.jpg

Been hanging around this weight for a couple days. Definitely seeing some recomp going on though so I know my BF is lowering. One day I'm going to have to break down and get a tester.

Haven't mentioned this but does anyone else love having the steam roll off of you when leaving the gym this time of year? It's happened EVERY time while using AL-7! This stuff WILL heat you up!

mattierocks

mattierocks

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff man, keep it up!

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just scrolling to get to the last post and it's great to see the pictures and the weight keeps dropping with every pic. Good stuff so far man. And I live in California so no steam is rolling off right now but it is definitely a cool feeling.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
When it was really cold out a few weeks ago I did haha Cause i usually get done and then just head straight to my car and I could see the steam rolling off. But great work in here.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
View attachment 131503

Been hanging around this weight for a couple days. Definitely seeing some recomp going on though so I know my BF is lowering. One day I'm going to have to break down and get a tester.
Maybe see if a trainer at a local gym can test it for you? I used to do that when I was a trainer.

How you feeling about what you see in the mirror?

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm definitely liking what I see in the mirror! Didn't weigh in this morning as I know I'm up a couple pounds from the weekend. Tomorrow should be back on track.

I changed up today's workout for a bit more of a full body thing. I'm definitely going to do that this week and decide on whether to go back to what I was doing or continue full body.

2/22
Stair mill for 11 minutes--220 cals (a2m)

SuperSets (15-20 sec rests betweeen sets)
Incline Bench--3x9x185
BB Row--3x8x185

Close Grip Inc Bench--3x12x135
Underhand grip BB row--3x12x135

DB flat Svend press--1x15x60,70
DB shrugs--2x15x170 (85s)

Ab coaster with 20lbs--100 reps (gimmicky but makes my abs BURN!!)

Arc Trainer--22 minutes for 475 cals(a2m)

I've also bumped my calories back up to 2200 from the 2100 I was doing last week. I was staying sore for way too long at the lower calories.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Glad you can visibly see progress. That's much more important than the scale. Also good to adjust your calories. Far too many get set in a specific number and refuse to adjust. Good stuff. Keep it up!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Definitely agree with afi140. The scale is one thing but visually seeing progress is more important in my opinion and it gives you that motivation that you're succeeding.

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1456241113.121911.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1456241123.687364.jpg

Whew! This was prior to my cardio-heavy workout. This may be TMI, but Alpha Lean-7 has me sweating so much that I've started hosing down my gym clothes with Lysol before hanging them to dry!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1456324600.552317.jpg

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1456324617.186196.jpg

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Two lbs away from your goal! You're almost there. Although the last few pounds are always the hardest.