Chaos and Pain Cannibal Weight log

muskate

muskate

Awards
This is my log for Chaos and Pain's pure whey isolate, Cannibal Weight.

127536d1450044914-protein-synthesis-stack-untitled_2__79292.1448489066.1280.1280.jpg

Here is the link to the product's nutrition data, ingredients and profile: Cannibal Weight Isolate Protein powder

First thoughts:

I am using the vanilla flavour. I have always been a sort of simple guy and always get vanilla.

I used the first serving today after my workout. I took 2 scoops with 40g of an unflavoured waxy maize powder immediately after my workout.

It has been about 60 minutes since I have had the shake and so far I have experienced no gas or bloating what so ever. I am lactose intolerant so that tells me that the product is truly a whey protein isolate and is exactly what the label claims it is.

The shake mixed very thin and was very easy to drink. Great taste. Not overly strong but not weak either.

So far, I am impressed. It's all you could really ask for in a protein shake.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed!

muskate

muskate

Awards
I took my second serving today with breakfast. I was in a rush before class so I took 2 scoops with 10g psyllium husk and a scoop of greens powder. Normally the greens powder and unflavoured psyllium husk gives the shake a pretty nasty taste but the shake still tasted good. Not amazing, but defiantly a lot better then other brands I have used.

It is now lunch and I have experienced no stomach upset what so ever.

One question I do have , hopefully someone from Chaos and Pain can answer this - is why does the product contain so much fat and carbohydrates per serving? The ingredients list nothing but whey isolate, flavours and artificial sweeteners. I was under the impression that a pure whey isolate was essentially fat and carbohydrate free?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, our whey isolate is not fat\carb free.
Although 1.5g fat and 4 carbs is not that much at all to account for. It can fit into a low carb/"true"keto diet just fine.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Did you not get Laxo?

muskate

muskate

Awards
I used another shake today after my workout. What surprises me is that I am lactose intolerant but I am having no stomach issues with the product. I suspect that their is probably less carbohydrates per serving then the label says.

Cheap whey protein concentrates absolutely kill my stomach.

muskate

muskate

Awards
I took another serving today. I didn't have any clean shakers so I used a coffee mug with a spoon and it still mixed perfectly.

You really can't ask for much more in a protein powder. Protein is protein. If you find one that tastes good, has a good profile and mixes well - you are basically laughing.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Whey protein isolate has very little lactose if any. It is concentrates that typically have lactose in them.

muskate

muskate

Awards
Whey protein isolate has very little lactose if any. It is concentrates that typically have lactose in them.
The product also has the lactase enzyme added so even those extremely sensitive to lactose shouldn't have an issue.

muskate

muskate

Awards
Took another shake today, this time I had the time to blend it with ice. Very refreshing and enjoyable to drink :)