Getting Hyper with HyperMAX XT - Performax Labs Log

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Welcome! Thanks to all who read and subscribe to my Hypermax XT log, its gonna be a fun ride! First and foremost, I want to give a huge shoutout to Adizzle1 and the team at Perfomax Labs for making this log possible. I'm beyond excited to put Hypermax to the test.

From the ingredient profile alone, you can see that Performax Labs isn't just trying to pump out another average pre-workout. Hypermax is loaded with quality ingredients at generous dosages per serving. The profile includes some of the top blood flow/pump ingredients on the market today including Hydromax and agmatine, and backs it with a solid "Extreme Energy Blend" to get you focused and in the zone. Performax has included the Eria Jarensis Extract as an AMP Citrate substitute from the original Hypermax, and I am eager to try it out! I am honored to have the opportunity to log such a well rounded product, I know it will deliver! Thanks again to Performax, and thanks to all who follow along with my log.

Current Stats:

I will be starting this log doing a mini-cut that will last me about 4-6 weeks, which I am anticipating to be the amount of time the product will last me. The tub has 36 servings, so we'll see how long it lasts.

Height: 6'-2"
Weight: 188
Training Style: bodypart split, with emphasis on quads and delts
Diet: 2400 calories per day with carb cycling

Tomorrow I will begin my workout log, kicking it off with a high volume leg day. I have high expectations for Hypermax XT, so I'm eager to get into the gym tomorrow morning and hit some squats!

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Subby

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
Subbbbbbbbbbbbbbd

I'm nearly done with my run & so far it's been great, just hit a double PR on legs today & I owe it to Hypermax for keeping the energy & focus up throughout my workout.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Rise and Grind: Monday Leg Day

Woke up feeling rested and ready to hit the gym. I train first thing in the morning fasted, so I was able to really assess how I felt taking Hypermax. Let's begin.

I decided to start with one full scoop. I am pretty tolerant to stimulants so I figured I'd jump right into a full scoop. And let me tell you, I was not disappointed.

Back Squat: pyramid up to a heavy double @ 325, followed by 3 sets of 8 @ 275
Front Squat: pyramid up to 3 sets of 5 @ 225 - been working on my Olympic grip position on these, KILLS my wrists
Leg Press: 5 sets of 15-20 reps, pushing to failure on all sets
Stiff Leg Deadlifts: 3 sets of 12 @ 185
Lying Leg Curls superset with Leg Extensions: 4 sets of 12-15 to failure, drop set last set
Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets to failure

Finished off the workout with 15 minutes on the stairmaster.

My workout this morning was phenomenal. I felt ON POINT the entire time, focused and in the zone. I really noticed my endurance increased and I didn't feel fatigued as quickly as I usually do during a leg workout. I was able to push through my heavy sets and finish my workout strong. Hypermax XT met my expectations for my first day, and I'm excited to see what's in store for the next month.

First Impressions
I will go further in depth on my final review, but my first day on Hypermax XT was definitely awesome. My high expectations were exceeded with this product. The Watermelon flavor is one of the better I've tried, and the mixability was great. No powder at the bottom of my shaker at all, and I mixed one scoop in about 12oz of water. Very impressed with this product for day one. Thanks to all who have subscribed so far!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Awesome, very happy to see it working so well for you at 1 scoop!!
Thanks, I felt incredible. I'll definitely be sticking to one scoop for the next few workouts and see how it goes. I don't think I'll need to go above one scoop judging by how I felt today, but I may have to experiment :)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea, thats the thing I feel like people are noticing the most, it just makes you feel good and very productive. Its a very unique feel!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday: Shoulders

This morning I stuck to one scoop again, since yesterday it treated me so well. I'm really enjoying the taste of Hypermax so far. The Watermelon flavoring is delicious. Sipped it down on my drive to the gym and did some work.

Seated Dumbbell Military Press: 5 sets of 15,12,8,6,3 with a dropset on the last set
Straight Bar Side Laterals: 4 sets of 12-15 with dropsets on all sets
**by this point in my workout I was EXTREMELY focused, more focused than I've been in a while in the gym. Amp'd up, not jittery, and in my zone.
Cable Upright Rows superset with Cable Side Laterals: 4 sets of 10-12
Hammer Strength Shrugs superset with Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 5 sets of 10
DB Front Raise superset with Bent Over Rear Delt Raises 4 sets of 12-15

After I got through my shoulder workout, I still felt like I had some gas left in the tank. I was actually feeling incredible, so I decided to tag my shoulder day with a little chest work:
Dumbbell Incline Press: 4 sets of 6-8
Cable Flyes: 4 sets of 10-12
Dumbbell Pullovers: 3 sets of 10-12

My entire workout was great. Hypermax really helped me to get pumped and stay focused on my lifts. I was blown away by the energy that I had this morning. I began to notice my muscles fatiguing during my chest presses, but mentally I was fully engaged and I didn't feel tired at all. I really haven't had such immense concentration and focus in the gym in a long time. I'm usually very controlled and focused, but Hypermax puts me on a new level. I ended up having a great day of training and there has been ZERO crash. I took Hypermax around 4:30am, and it is currently 9:30am and I feel great!

Time to grind out another day in the office. Until tomorrow!

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
Gotta love the focus! That's the main thing I love about Hypermax.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Today is my rest day, so I'm planning to do a little cardio this evening after work, no Hypermax though. I definitely don't feel as focused at my desk at work today as I did Monday or yesterday. Hypermax definitely gave me some intense focus for hours after my workouts, so today I feel a difference since I didn't train this morning.

Tomorrow morning is my back workout, so I'll be sure to post tomorrow about how it goes.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Glad you are enjoying the focus aspect, def. one of the strong features of HyperMax XT! Looking forward to seeing tomorrows workout!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thursday: Chest and Back

Today was another great experience with Hypermax XT. Even though I was coming out of a low carb day (Wednesday is my rest/low carb day), I was still able to get a great workout in. I kept the dose at 1 scoop again, I've really liked how my workouts have been at 1 scoop, so why use more if I don't need it right?

Incline Dumbbell Press: pyramid up to 3 sets of 6 @ 110 db's
Flat Dumbbell Press: 4 sets of 12, 10, 8, 6
Seated Machine Rows: 5 sets of 10, 8, 6, 6, 4
Wide Grip Lat Pulldown superset with Machine Flyes: 4 sets of 10-12
Dumbbell Pullovers superset with Cable Flyes: 4 sets of 12-15
Hammer Strength Incline Press superset with Hammer Strength Iso Lat Rows: 3 sets of 15-20

post training cardio: 15 minutes of intervals on the stairmaster

Hypermax had me feeling amazing this morning. As stated above, my low carb day yesterday had an impact on my pump, but I was able to get a good contraction in all of my lifts, and I was zoned in. I'm really enjoying the laser focus that Hypermax brings. Doing chest and back supersets allowed me to keep the rest time low and I worked up a serious sweat. I like that Hypermax gets me energized to train, but I'm not jittery at all. Its a very clean energy that allows me to stay calm and focus on the mind-muscle connection, and move some heavy weight.

Once again, the focus carry over to my job has been awesome. I can feel that I am noticeably more focused at work, and I am much more productive. I'm really enjoying the way I feel throughout my workouts, and throughout the remainder of my day while taking Hypermax. Nothing negative to report so far, I've really been enjoying this product.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea man, sounds like its working perfectly! And HyperMax does have the very unique focus that I think separates it from the rest of the pack! Really happy to hear your enjoying it!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lol maybe I need to take HyperMax XT before work. These last few weeks have been boring me, we are in our slow season.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Lol maybe I need to take HyperMax XT before work. These last few weeks have been boring me, we are in our slow season.
Hahahah! Work hasn't been slow for me, but I've been cranking sh*t out this week. I think taking Hypermax and not training would be depressing. I'm so eager to lift after I take it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Friday: Legs, Delts, Calves

Happy Friday AM. Today was another great training session first thing in the morning. Stuck to my standard 1 scoop of Hypermax, and I wasn't disappointed. I've really been enjoying the flavor, the watermelon flavor in some cold ice water tastes great. Here's my training log:

Front Squats: pyramid up to 3 sets of 3 @ 245
Back Squats: 3 sets of 12 @ 225
Leg Extensions: 5 sets of 12-15
Lying Hamstring Curls: 5 sets of 12-15
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press: 6 sets of 10
Side Delt Raises: 4 sets of 15-20
Hammer Strength Shrugs superset with Front Raises: 5 sets of 10-12
Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10-12
Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 8-10

Finished with 4 sets of Prowler Pushes - killer finisher!

Hypermax for the win! Energy, focus, and pumps were all incredible today. I felt great during my training and I was able to stay completely focused. I actually lost track of time because I was so in the zone haha, it was great. I got a great pump and hit some good numbers. I've really been focusing on ironing our my form for front squats, and the focus I've been getting from Hypermax has really helped me focus on form queues which has been very helpful. Really enjoying the way I feel on Hypermax, during my training and throughout the day.

Tomorrow is arms! Enjoy the weekend everyone.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Saturday: Arms

Got a TON of sleep Friday into Saturday, so I woke up feeling great. I decided to up the Hypermax dose to 1.5 scoops to turn up the intensity, and that's exactly what happened. I was able to train with a good friend of mine,

Skull Crushers: 3 warmup sets; 5 sets of 3-5
Seated Dumbbell Curls: 3 warmup sets; 5 sets of 5-8
Rope Pressdowns: 4 sets 8-12
EZ Bar Preacher Curls: 4 sets 8-10
Weighted Dips: 3 sets 10-12
Rope Cable Curls: 3 sets 10-12
Straight Bar Reverse Tricep Pressdowns: 4 sets 12-15

Finished the workout with 5 rounds of 30 seconds with battle ropes; 30 seconds rest between sets.

I felt AMAZING during this workout. The pump I got was intense, and my energy and focus was off the charts. My music was cranked and I was in the zone, feeling a good contraction on each rep and pushing myself past my limits. 1.5 scoops was definitely a great dose, I don't think I'll need to go up to 1.5 scoops each workout, but it was definitely fun to crank it up a bit. I felt a difference taking the extra Hypermax, and today (Sunday) my arms are feeling a difference too. My arms are sore, and my tri's are tight. I imagine tomorrow's soreness will be worse, but its a good reminder of how hard I was able to train.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting legs first thing in the morning, looking forward to developing my front squat form more. I hope everyone had a great weekend! AND, I hope everyone was able to catch the Giants game, that was an awesome game!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Monday: HIGH Volume Legs

Jumped out of bed this morning ready to grind, Happy Monday everyone. I've really been focused on leg development, so leg day is always exciting for me. I dosed 1 scoop of Hypermax XT about 20 minutes pre, and my workout was INTENSE.

Low Bar Backsquat: 3 warmup sets; 2 sets of 8 @ 275; 5 @ 315; 3 @ 335 (very happy with these sets); backed off to 275 for 2 sets of 10
Front Squat: 2 sets 8 @ 185; 2 sets of 5 @ 225
Leg Press: 4 sets 12-15
Leg Extension superset with Leg Curls: 4 sets of 12-15
Standing Calf Raises: 4 sets 10-12

Finished with 15 minutes of cycling and some stretching.

This was one of the best leg days I've had in a while. My form felt great and I was able to get in the zone quickly and move some heavy weights. Being 6'-2", I always struggle with squats and proper squat form. I felt great today and I felt that Hypermax helped me to focus and stay honest with my form. I had great energy and excellent focus throughout my entire leg session.

**I really noticed the muscle endurance component of Hypermax today. I didn't fatigue as quickly as usual, and I felt that I was able to push through a few more reps on my heavier sets. This is rare for me, especially while being in a caloric deficit, but it felt great. Hypermax definitely gave me extra energy and helped me from feeling fatigued. As always, the focus component of Hypermax hit me hard, and I felt great. Very focused and very zoned into my lifts, my reps, and my form. Another great workout delivered to its fullest thanks to Hypermax.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm loving the in depth reviews as you go. Glad to see that even dropped back to 1 scoop the energy and focus was there.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm loving the in depth reviews as you go. Glad to see that even dropped back to 1 scoop the energy and focus was there.
Thank you sir. Yeah, I find 1 scoop is all I really need to get a great workout with laser focus. Still feeling great hours later at the office too!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday: Boulder Shoulders

Didn't have a chance to update yesterday after my shoulder workout, but I had a great training session. I went with 1.5 scoops about 20 minutes before getting to the gym, really enjoying the watermelon flavor! I get tired of the taste of some products, but the watermelon Hypermax is still tasting great to me. That extra half scoop adds a nice extra punch of flavor too, very tasty. Up early and straight to the gym, here's what went down.

Smith Machine Military Press: 5 sets of 8-10
Seated Lateral Raises: 4 straight sets pyramid style, 3 drop sets to failure PUMP AND FOCUS FULLY ENGAGED
Rear Delt Machine superset with Dumbbell Front Raises: 5 sets 10-12
Cable Side Laterals superset with Dumbbell Shrugs: 4 sets 10-12
Side Delt Machine Raises: 3 sets to failure

In writing, this workout doesn't look too impressive, but it was a very high volume and high intensity session. Hypermax gave me incredible focus and I was able to kill my delts on the side lateral dropsets. I was very focused, and I felt alert and energized. I really like the way I feel on Hypermax, the energy is such a clean consistent feeling. I'm not overly hyped up, but more focused, calm, and in my ZONE. Its a feeling unlike any other I've had from a pre-workout, and its been helping my workouts tremendously.

I did notice that I was feeling flat during this workout, which is due to my carb cycling schedule. Despite not feeling 100% due to my cutting diet, Hypermax still gave me the energy to push through and get a good training session in. Hit a nice higher carb meal post workout, much needed!

Tuesday: Part Two

I decided to go back after work yesterday and hit an arm session. I took half a scoop of Hypermax with a scoop of PES High Volume. Even at half a scoop, I was able to get a great amount of focus and energy. I had a great arm blast session, and the low dose didn't impact my ability to fall asleep. Hypermax is a very well rounded product, and I really like that it gives me a different feeling than pre workout products. I don't feel jittery and tweaked out when I take it, but I just feel "on point" and ready to crush my sets. I feel that most pre-workout products out now are just companies competitiing to see who can load more caffeine into a scoop, which leaves me feeling anxious and jittery. Hypermax has a much more well rounded formula that delivers.

I've mentioned it in other posts, but I really like the endurance component of Hypermax too. I definitely notice that I am able to push myself further and push past my usual failure points, which is definitely adding volume to my workouts.

Wednesday: Rest and Recover

Today is a rest day, so I'll be doing 20-30 minutes of cardio after work with some stretching and foam rolling. Then I'll be getting in bed early to rest up for back day in the morning!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thursday: Back

Muuuuch needed rest day yesterday, I was exhausted. I decided to skip the cardio session last night and just rest. I definitely needed it, and I woke up today feeling great. Took 1.5 scoops of Hypermax and sipped it on my drive to the gym, tasted great as always. I got to the gym at 5a.m, but the clown who opens the gym was late. He ended up arriving about 10 minutes late, and there were some really angry people waiting outside to greet him, lol. I felt the Hypermax begin to kick in while I was waiting, and I was AMP'D when they finally opened the doors. Onto the good stuff!

Seated Cable Rows (medium width grip): 3 sets 10-12; 3 sets 5-8 with dropset on last set
Lat Pull Downs (close grip): 5 sets 6-10
Lat Pull Downs (wide grip): 4 sets 8-12
Hammer Strength Iso Row superset with Dumbbell Pullovers: 4 sets 10-12

Cardio: 5 rounds of 45 second prowler pushes, 30 second rest.

Hypermax got me feeling hyped to train, I was very focused and my energy levels felt great. I really enjoy being able to get that "tunnel vision" effect and fully focus on what I'm doing. No one else in the gym matters, and there is no other thought on my mind other than crushing my set. Its such a great feeling. After my rest day yesterday, today's training went very well. I was able to get a great pump and some excellent contractions in my mid-back, which is an area I often struggle to connect with. Overall I had a great workout and I left feeling great - 1.5 scoops is the sweet spot for sure!

Now its about 11:15 and I've been at work since 8:30, still feeling very focused and my energy levels are great. Hypermax is definitely helping me stay alert and productive at my job, which is a HUGE benefit. Very pleased so far. Tomorrow is Legs and Delts!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hell yea man, we really appreciate all the detail and I am very happy to see if working so well for you! I enjoy the long lasting aspect as well, but its different then others. Ive taken pre workouts where I still feel tweaked out after i finish my workout, almost uncomfortable and its hard to go on through my day still feeling stimmed out. However HyperMax continues with its energy and focus post workout but its so clean that you dont feel uncomfortable or anything, just more productive!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man! Hypermax has been treating me very well.

I agree, "clean" is the perfect word to describe the energy. I'm not stimmed out and anxious like I am on some products, but more alert and focused and able to stay on task. Its a truly great feeling. Very pleased with Hypermax. You guys nailed this formula.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Back for an update after a busy weekend. I was traveling this weekend so I wasn't able to update my log, but the Hypermax was kickin' and the workouts were intense. Game time.

Friday: Legs and Shoulders

Woke up feeling well rested, ready to hit the gym. I went with 1.5 scoops of Hypermax for this workout, and the intensity hit me hard. 1.5 scoops has been treating me very well, the energy is great and the focus is awesome. Here's the workout:

Front Squats: 5 sets 6-8; hit 275 for a PR, form and depth were great and I felt awesome
Hack Squat: 5 sets 10-12
Leg Extensions superset with Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets 12-15
Dumbbell Military Press: 5 sets 8-10
Side Lateral Raises: 5 sets 12-15; dropsets on last 2 sets
Rope Face Pulls: 3 sets 10-12
Standing Calf Raises: 6 sets 10-12

Squats felt awesome. Hypermax has been helping me to focus and dial in my front squat form, which led to a PR for me during this training session. I know 275 is nothing significant for most, but I have struggled with my front squat a lot in the past year, so developing proper form and getting a solid rep at 275 was a big accomplishment for me. I felt incredible and my workout was intense from start to finish. Really enjoy the 1.5 scoops - I feel very zoned into my sets, but not overly hyped and jittery. Its a perfect combination of energy and focus.

Saturday: Chest

I was planning to hit arms on Saturday, but I was traveling for the weekend and I met up with a buddy of mine and we decided to hit some chest. Its always great to crush a heavy chest session with a spotter you can trust. We trained at his gym, which has larger dumbbells than the gym I go to, so I was able to have some fun :) 1.5 scoops of Hypermax pre, and I was ready for battle.

Dumbbell Flat Press: pyramid up to a heavy triple, was able to put up the 130's for 3, technically a dumbbell PR
Dumbbell Incline Press: 4 sets 6-10
Cable Flyes: 4 sets 10-12
Hammer Strength Incline Press: 5 sets 12-15; drop set on the last set
Pec Deck Flyes: 4 sets 12-15

I was feeling awesome yet again during this training session. Hypermax continues to deliver intense workouts. The environment of my buddy's gym was a bit different that what I'm used to, but that was no match for the focus that Hypermax gives me. I was able to zone in and focus on myself and my sets as if I were training at my gym back home. I was able to get some great contractions and toward the end of the workout I really felt how intense the workout was - I was feeling fatigued. We did some heavy press work in the beginning which made the end of the workout more of a burn out, focusing on reaching failure and getting some great mind-muscle connection.

Its safe to say that a serving of Hypermax in any environment will deliver incredible amounts of focus. Whether its a busy local gym, an unfamiliar environment, or an office environment at work, Hypermax has the ability to bring focus and attentiveness in a way I've never felt before. I am so focused, so productive, and so unstoppable while I have Hypermax in my system, and its amazing. These past few weeks have been filled with excellent workouts and productive hours at work and at home. I'm excited to see what else Hypermax has in store for me.

I hope everyone enjoyed the weekend! Tomorrow is legs again, so I'll be sure to follow up after my training.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Monday: Legs

Back to the grind, happy Monday guys. Woke up before my alarm this morning, the clock change always throws me off. I got to the gym feeling extra awake since I had been up for an hour or so. I went with the "sweet spot" 1.5 scoops of Hypermax and was excited to hit some squats.

Front Squat: pyramid up to four working sets; 225x5, 245x4,225x5, 225x6
Back Squats: 2 quick sets 225x12
Leg Press: 5 sets 15-20
Stiff Leg Deads: 5 sets 10-12
Barbell Reverse Lunges: 3 sets of 8 (each leg); by this part in my workout my legs were shot, I could barely get 8 reps on these
Leg Extensions: 4 sets 12-15
Standing Calf Raises: 5 sets 10-12

Another amazing workout. I felt very focused and motivated to push myself this morning. Front squats went very well, my form felt great and I was able to get a great contraction in my quads. My working sets were challenging, but my level of focus allowed me to push through and get it done. I noticed that I wasn't fatigued as early on as usual with my leg workouts, which was great. Hypermax has really helped me with muscle endurance and I notice it big time on my leg days. Its a great feeling. Focus and energy were incredible as usual!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday: Delts, Traps, and Abs

Setting the clocks back has really screwed up my sleep schedule. Got to bed late last night and woke up feeling tired. I was hoping that once I got up and got moving I'd wake up, but I really struggling. I decided to hit a full 2 scoops of Hypermax XT this morning since I was out of it, and it worked like a charm. It wasn't immediate, but I'd say about 2-3 sets into my workout I began to wake up, and the rush of focus and intensity hit me hard.

Seating Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 3 warmup sets; 4 working sets 6-10
Cable Lateral Raises: 4 sets 10-12
Cable Upright Rows superset with Behind the Back Cable Lateral Raises: 4 sets 12-15
Hammer Strength Shoulder Press superset with Hammer Strength Shrugs: 5 sets 8-10
Cable Front Raises superset with Rope Face Pulls: 4 sets 10-12

Abs: circuit - weighted sit-ups, leg raises, ab wheel - 4 rounds

Got to the gym feeling crappy, left feeling amazing. It was interesting to see how Hypermax was able to wake me up and get me focused despite having a crappy night of sleep. I'm anticipating a mid-day drowsiness wave to hit, just because I really didn't sleep well. Tomorrow is a rest day so I will be able to catch up and rest tonight. Very impressed with my muscle endurance and energy levels in the gym this morning. I really felt great, and I was very focused during my heavy sets. 2 scoops was certainly needed this morning, but I don't think I need to use that much regularly. Its nice to know that I can punch up the serving size a bit on days that I'm not feeling 100%. Its nice to know that Hypermax can deliver a good workout even on bad days.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The time change is messing with me as well. I woke up this morning and started laundry, balanced and added water to hot tub, all before leaving for work. Usually I am running late lol.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The time change is messing with me as well. I woke up this morning and started laundry, balanced and added water to hot tub, all before leaving for work. Usually I am running late lol.
I know exactly how you feel man. Both Sunday and yesterday I woke up up long before my alarm went off, not used to sleeping that extra hour I guess haha.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday: Rest

I'm out of the gym today, but I wanted to check in and give an update on how things are going. So far I am loving Hypermax, its a very well rounded product that delivers great energy and focus. Its been helping me tremendously with focusing on form and mind-muscle connection.

Programming Update - Goals and Progress
I began this log at a slight deficit with a goal to do a short cut. My progress has been great. I've continued to carb cycle and stay about 200-300 cals under maintenence. I've lost about 2-3 pounds since beginning this log, and I feel leaner and have more definition each week. Even though 2-3 pounds doesn't seem like a lot to most, when you're already lean these slight adjustments make a big difference.

Hypermax has helped me by allowing me to keep my intensity in the gym, despite being in a deficit. With my current diet, Hypermax really shines during my low carb days where I would normally not be able to train as hard in the gym. I feel strong and my energy levels are there to get me through. I intend to keep my calories where they're at for the next week and see how it goes. I am planning to adjust accordingly if my progress stops, but time will tell. Tomorrow is Back day, and I'm eager to train!

**to all the Performax reps, shocked that there haven't been more apps for the Cremax logging opportunity! Looks like an awesome product, bummed I can't log that too! Hahaha. to anyone else subscribed here that hasn't seen the Cremax opportuinity, here's the link! Check it out.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/company-promotions/274604-2-cremax-xt.html

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thursday: Back Attack

Woke up before my alarm feeling rested and ready to go. Scale showed a 4 pound INCREASE since my weigh in Wednesday morning, which made me pretty angry. I know its water weight, and coming off a rest day it was expected, I was just frustrated to see the weight jump. Shook it off and got ready to go. Took 1.5 scoops of Hypermax and hit the gym.

Landmine Rows: 5 sets 6-8
Close Grip Lat Pulldowns: 5 sets 6-8
Wide Grip Lat Pulldowns superset with Dumbbell Pullovers: 5 sets 10-12
Seated Rows superset with Cable Pullovers: 4 sets 8-10
Cable Rows: 3 sets 12-15

Finished with 5 rounds of prowler sled pushes and some stretching.

I felt great during my training today. I always feel refreshed coming out of a rest day, so today was a great session. I was incredibly focused during my workout and I got a great pump, despite having a low carb day yesterday. Really felt a good squeeze and contraction in all of my movements, specifically the seated row. I'm planning to go back and hit some chest tonight after work, so I may have to throw in half a scoop of Hypermax to get me going.

The long term focus effects of Hypermax have still been prevalent during my hours at work. I am focus and on the ball at work, which has really helped me catch up with some of my work haha. I enjoy being focused and productive, and the time has been flying!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Friday: Legs and Delts

Happy Friday AM! Got a solid night's sleep last night and woke up ready to conquer some front squats. I was feeling rested and awake, so I backed the serving off to just 1 scoop of Hypermax. The gym was emptier than usual, and I was pumped up to move some iron.

Front Squat: 2 warmup sets @ 135 and 185; 4 working sets (6 reps @ 225, 4 reps @ 245, 3 reps @ 255); 2 backoff sets 10 reps @ 185
Hack Squat: 4 sets 6-10
Leg Extensions: 4 sets 12-15
Smith Machine Seated OHP: 5 sets 8-10
Side Lateral Raises: 4 sets 12-15
Rear Delt Machine superset with Front Delt Plate Raises: 4 sets 8-10
Side Delt Machine: 5 drop sets to failure

Another great workout. Fridays are always great workouts haha, time for the weekend! Hypermax gave me great focus, as usual, and a noticeable increase in muscle endurance. Front squats felt GREAT, my form was on point and I was happy with my numbers. I really notice how powerful the focus component to Hypermax is during heavy compound movements, like front squats. I am so dialed in and focused on good form, focusing to ensure the right muscles are firing and I can feel my weight pushing through the floor. Its amazing.

I'll try to update tomorrow, but I will be traveling again this weekend. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Back to the grind! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I was away and unable to post, but I'll bring everyone up to speed.

Saturday: Arms

Slept in, woke up around 8 feeling great. Took 1.5 scoops of Hypermax and decided to stack it with 1 scoop PES High Volume. Gains were made indefinitely.

Close Grip Bench: 5 sets 6-8
Standing EZ Bar Curls: 5 sets 6-8
Seated Overhead Tricep Extensions (with dumbbell) superset with Seated Dumbbell Curls: 6 sets 8-10
Decline Skull Crushers: 4 sets 10-12
Preacher Curls: 4 sets 10-12
**Burnout Finisher -- Cable Curls superset with Cable Pressdowns: 3 sets with dropsets to failure

Ab circuit (4 rounds): Rope Crunches, Decline Crunches, Leg Raises.

Honestly felt incredible during this workout. The focus, the energy, the pumps, it was all there in unison. My workout felt great and my sets were heavy and intense. I felt that my rest time was shorter than usual, and I broke a sweat pretty quickly into my working sets. The pump was unreal, stacking Hypermax with High Volume was a recipe for some seriously epic pumps. I felt great and put in some great work. I'll update later with my leg training from today.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wow HyperMax XT and High Volume on Arm day?

You crazy haha

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Wow HyperMax XT and High Volume on Arm day?

You crazy haha
It needed to be done hahah. It was insane, and definitely too intense to make an every day use stack, but fun to try for a day. Hypermax alone delivers a great pump, but adding HV was nuts!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Monday: Leg Day

Woke up yesterday feeling refreshed after a relaxing weekend. Got plenty of sleep and Sunday is a rest day, so I was ready to hit some legs. Used my go-to serving size of 1.5 scoops of Hypermax, and it got me up and engaged quickly.

Front Squats: 2 warmup sets; 4 working sets 6-8 reps; 2 backoff sets for 12
Smith Machine Back Squat (close stance): 4 sets 12-15
Leg Press: 5 sets 15-20
Still Leg Deadlifts: 4 sets 10-12
Leg Extensions superset with Lying Leg Curls: 4 sets 12-15, drop sets on last set to failure
Standing Calf Raises: 5 sets 8-10

Felt amazing during this training session. Really felt good during my front squats, focusing on pushing my heels through the floor and keeping my body tight. Quads were burnin! This workout ended up being much higher volume than I anticipated, but I just felt so focused that I pushed through and did some extra sets. Hypermax brought me to a great level of intensity, as always. I was really feeling my muscles engage during all of my sets, and I had the 'tunnel vision' focus. I was very happy with my training, and I'm happy with how my front squats are continuing to progress.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Tuesday: Delts, Traps, and Abs

I find that the true test of a quality pre-workout is to see how well it works when you're tired or having a busy week. Anyone can have a solid workout with some mild stims if they're in their typical routine, but you can learn a lot about a pre-workout product when you're out of the norm, tired, and lacking motivation. This morning was one of those days. I was up incredibly late last night, woke up to my alarm and only got about 4 hours of sleep. I was dragging HARD when I got up, so I jumped into my morning and scooped out 2 scoops of Hypermax.

Started with some Resistance Band Rotator Cuff Warm-ups

Dumbbell Shoulder Press: 4 sets 6-8
Alternating Barbell Leaning Side Lateral Raises: 5 sets 10-12
Hammer Strength Iso Shoulder Press: 6 sets 8-10
Dumbbell Front Raises (on incline bench) superset with Dumbbell Rear Delt Flyes: 4 sets 12-15
Shrugs superset with Rope Face Pulls: 5 sets 8-10

Abs: Cable Crunches, Weighted Crunch Machine, Decline Crunches; 4 rounds

Finished with 3 sets of Machine Lateral Raises: drop sets on each set to failure.

Considering my sleep was terrible and I was out of my normal zone, this workout was incredible. I was able to keep my rest periods short and my sets intense, despite running on limited sleep. I felt great, 2 scoops of Hypermax got me zooming, and I got into the gym and put in some solid work. I was impressed with my energy levels and my ability to push myself to failure. I often find that its difficult to push myself when I'm low on sleep, but Hypermax seemed to kick that feeling to the curb.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Wednesday: Rest

I figured it'd be a good day to get everyone up to speed on my progress. I've kept my calorie intake pretty much the same, incorporating 2 high carb days throughout the week, 2 low/no carb days, and 3 moderate carb days. My carb cycling has been very effective and I've been leaning out nicely. As of this morning, I'm down another 1.5 pounds from last week. Slow and stead progress is what I was aiming for, so I'm very happy with my progress.

Hypermax has continued to deliver great workouts. I really notice how helpful it is on lower carb days, or days when I train in the morning following a low carb day. Hypermax has given me consistent energy and focus which has been very helpful. The clean energy and tunnel vision focus I get is phenomenal, and has really helped me stay on track with my training during this cut.

I'll be doing a little cardio after work this evening, and then I'm back on the grind hitting the weights tomorrow morning!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Awesome updates!

Glad to see the focus and energy still hitting strong. I need to order a tub of the Raspberry Lemonade when it's ready. I love watermelon, but I'm hoping RL has a tartness.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Awesome updates!

Glad to see the focus and energy still hitting strong. I need to order a tub of the Raspberry Lemonade when it's ready. I love watermelon, but I'm hoping RL has a tartness.
Thanks brother! Yeah man, Hypermax is still hitting just as hard as it did on day 1 which is great. I will certainly have to try out the Raspberry Lemonade flavor when it drops. Any ideas when that will be?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Friday: Legs and Delts

Happy Friday ladies and gents! I've been off my normal schedule this week - extra hours at work and extra responsibilities that surfaced that threw off my typical grind. Still managed to get my training in, and thanks to Hypermax I had some great workouts despite my crazy schedule. Woke up this morning feeling drained, ready for the weekend. Sipped on 2 scoops of Hypermax on the ride to the gym, and had a great day of training.

Front Squat: 2 warmup sets @ 135; 4 working sets up to 275 for 1; 2 sets of paused reps @ 185
Hack Squat: 5 sets 12-15
Leg Extensions superset with Leg Curls: 4 sets 10-12; drop sets on last 2 sets
Machine Side Lateral Raises: 4 sets 12-15
Behind the Neck Smith Machine Shoulder Press: 4 sets 10-12
Bent Over Rear Delt Raises superset with Dumbbell Front Raises: 5 sets 15-20
Hammer Strength Shrugs superset with Standing Dumbbell Overhead Press: 4 sets 12-15

2 scoops had me feeling great! Coming off of a crappy night of sleep I wasn't expecting to have a great workout. I really feel that 2 scoops of Hypermax gets me in the zone, regardless of my sleep or diet. Its nice to know that I can have consistently good workouts. I'm sad to say that I'm almost out of Hypermax though, so my log will be coming to an end soon :( Looks like tomorrow I'll go out with a bang and use the 2 scoops left in my tub. And there's no better day for it than arm day!

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome update! Looking forward to your final review.

Also the new flavor is already at Performaxlabs.com but will be showing up at retailers next week. Were actually running a special on it for veterans day, if you enter Vet30 at checkout you get 30% off which brings it down to $30/unit, $5 less then its MAP!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Saturday: Arms - one last time

Got a great night sleep and woke up ready to hit some arms Saturday. I had a little more than 2 scoops left, so I decided to go out with a bang and finish off the tub. Thanks to all who have followed along and read my posts - this has been an incredible product and a fun log. Here we go!

Incline Skull Crushers: 5 sets 6-8
Standing Barbell Curls: 3 sets 6-8; 3 sets 3-5
Seated Overhead Tricep Extensions: 4 sets 10-12
Seated Dumbbell Curl: 4 sets 10-12
Cable Rope Tricep Extensions superset with Reverse Grip Cable Curls: 4 sets 12-15
Weighted Dips superset with Hammer Curls: 5 sets 8-10

Focus was EPIC during my workout. I kept my rest periods short and got an epic pump during the supersets. Knowing this was my last day with Hypermax was sad, but I was so focused and on point in the gym. Hypermax delivers a great balance between energy and focus, I didn't feel shaky or overhyped, but I had a clean energy and laser focus during my entire training session. I wouldn't have wanted to end this log any other way to be honest, getting a sick arm pump and having such great focus was a great way to go out. I will definitely be picking up more Hypermax after having the opportunity to log the product. I will be posting my final review shortly.

Thanks again to the Performax Labs team for making this happen! Adizzle1 and cubsfan815 - you guys are awesome. Thanks again!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Final Review

Intro:

I've tried several pre-workout products over the years, and I've seen some great products come and go. I don't enjoy high stim pre-workout supplements that give you shakes and jitters during your training, only to follow with a crash a few hours later. It seems that the preworkout supplement market is competing to see who can put more caffeine in a single serving, which I don't see as an effective or logical method to increase training focus and intensity. There are a few products out there with well put together profiles with tested ingredients that MAKE SENSE. Hypermax XT falls at the top of this category. My first read through the ingredient profile had me very interested, I knew this product wasn't going to disappoint.

---Ingredient Profile---

Quality, tested, proven ingredients dosed properly, need I say more? I think Hypermax has a phenomenal profile that includes a great array of ingredients that range from increasing blood flow and aiding in muscle contraction, to mental focus and energy. I also like that there is no creatine in Hypermax, I feel that most serious lifters take creatine anyway, so including it in a preworkout isn't needed in my opinion. I also like the inclusion of Rauwolscine and Eria Jarensis - both heavily researched ingredients that deliver results. Very well thought out profile that covers all your needs as far as preworkout supplementation goes.

---Taste/Mixability/Dosing---

Typically, I'm not a huge fan of Watermelon flavored products. I've had some bad experiences with watermelon preworkouts in the past, so I usually avoid them. Despite my bad past experiences, I was pleasantly surprised with the flavoring of Hypermax. The flavor isn't overly sweet or tart like some products out there, but more of a refreshing light watermelon taste that I ended up enjoying a lot. One scoop mixed very easily in 6-8 oz of water, but I usually used 12-14 oz with 1.5 scoops. The taste was so good that I wanted to enjoy more than a 6oz glass, and the flavor was still potent and powerful in 14oz. No residue at the bottom of my shaker cup either, very smooth and easy to mix in.

Dosing was simple. I got into a rhythm with my dosing, where my go-to protocol was 1.5 scoops. 1 scoop is plenty to get amped up and great focus, but that extra half scoop really got me in the zone and feeling good. There were also some days where I was behind on sleep or not feeling 100% where I used a full 2 scoops. 2 scoops of Hypermax is no joke, it delivers incredible focus and my workouts were very intense. Easy dosing, great taste and easy to mix.

---Effectiveness---

This is where the rubber meets the road, and Hypermax is no joke when it comes to effective. The energy I experienced was incredible, and unlike any other preworkout I've tried. It is a very clean energy feeling, there is no jitters or shakes whatsoever. I was alert, awake, hyped, but also calm. I really enjoyed the way Hypermax made me feel. The focus component of the product was also amazing. I felt like I had tunnel vision during some of my workouts where it felt as if it were just me and the weights, no distractions. It was a truly great feeling.

I also noticed that the focus component of Hypermax carried over to my desk job after my workouts. I was very focused and productive at my desk on days that I trained before work. It was a noticeable alertness that was very beneficial to my workflow.

---Value---

I recieved this product for a sponsored log, but the price point is in line with other products in its category. 36 servings in a tub is also a great value, as many companies are trying to get away with 20 serving tubs that don't last nearly as long. I got a solid month of using Hypermax for every workout, and I will definitely be purchasing more in the near future.

---Side Effects---

None. Unless you consider having increased focus and alertness throughout the day as a side effect, than there were no sides for me.

---Conclusion---

Overall I am very pleased with what Hypermax XT delivered. The product has a solid profile that is incredibly effective. There really isn't anything negative I can think of, or anything that I'd change about the product. Performax Labs really nailed it with this formula, and I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a quality preworkout that delivers insane focus and clean energy. In my opinion, 5/5. Nothing but positive feedback, Hypermax XT is a solid product and a great value.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Awesome and detailed log with very complete final review. We really appreciate your feedback n happy that you enjoyed the product so much!!

Would you mind posting in product review thread n hit submit a review at the top of the page. Edit - nvm you already did lol thanks brother