MST Cordygen-VO2 ULTRA Log - Sponsored

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
EDIT: Review: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/211092-ultra-cordygen-v02.html#post4649705

Got my bottle of Cordygen-VO2 ULTRA in from Millenium Sport Technology with a fistful of samples of their other products. Fancy.

I'm currently in the best shape of my life. And I get winded tying my shoes. So, let's see if this product can help me as I wheeze my way through some conditioning work. I picked up a membership at the local crossfit joint because apparently the only thing in this world with the power to make me jog is booty shorts.

Q: What should I expect from Cordygen-VO2 ULTRA™?

A: You should expect to see dramatic increases in oxygen utilization, endurance and performance in as little as a 2 capsule dose. Your anaerobic and aerobic endurance and threshold should increase. Your aerobic and anaerobic recovery time during exercise, weightlifting or endurance activity should be much quicker. Your ATP regeneration time should be accelerated leading to more muscular strength with longer durations until failure. You should notice that you can perform at a higher level with lower heart rate. Simply put, you won’t hit the wall cardiovascularly!
You will feel the effects of Cordygen-VO2 ULTRA™ with the very first dose but it does take about 4 consecutive days of supplementation before maximum effects can be felt. Full effects from each dose may last as long as 8 hours and residual effects may be felt as long as 12 hours later. You may notice that you lose some of the effects when you discontinue use but gains in VO2 Max from your increased training threshold should remain with you.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Ok, so I got to the gym a tad before the bottle came, so here's how I'm doing without a supplement:
Bodyweight - 229 - soggy
I honestly haven't done oly lifts in a long time... my gym has thick bars that barely rotate and no bumpers, so I don't usually bother. I kept it light to try to get the technique work in.

Squat Clean – 2 EMOM For 7 Minutes @ 135lb
============================
Run 400m
15 Unbroken Power Cleans + jerk last rep @ 115lb
Run 400m
12 Unbroken Power Cleans + jerk
Run 400m
9 Unbroken Power Cleans + jerk
===
I finished in something like 12 minutes, but I forgot to look at the clock because I was breathing on manual and trying to look like I wasn't going to die in front of all my new friends. Cleans were stupid easy and the running sucked hard. I sprinted some 200m of one of the runs for reasons unknown and pretty instantly regretted it.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Next day was snatches. I totally need more snatch practice, so I made sure to get in.
Once again, this is without supplementation.
Bodyweight - 227

Snatch – 12 minutes to work up to a 1RM = 135lb... again, light for technique purposes. I'm so inflexible now that I can't get my hips to touch the bar.

7 Minute AMRAP Ladder
3 Wall Balls @ 35lb
3 C2B Pull-ups [kips]
6 Wall Balls
6 C2B Pull-ups
9 Wall Balls
9 C2B Pull-ups
12 Wall Balls
7 C2B Pull-ups

===========
55 reps
Lungs simply can't support me yet. Felt like a fish out of water and really slowed down in the last round.
+24 strict pullups

For comparison, I appear to be nearly as good as someone named Kylie. I can only assume that means I'm a 15 year old girl that's really into, like, stuff, y'know?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Btw, take some action shots if you can! We can all appreciate some crossfit girls in booty shorts haha

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Haha, I'll do what I can. It's about 30% women at night, but according to facebook the 8am class is apparently stacked the other way. Maybe I'll find my way in on a Saturday (Owner already invited me to train for free on Sundays).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
That was quick! You're sneaky haha... Good stuff. Try to hit those morning classes :D I think I might start going real soon as well, but will just do the occasional drop in class.

An unlimited monthly membership here is $250 / month in NYC. I used to have a monthly unlimited membership when I was powerlifting, but it was $50 less then.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
An unlimited monthly membership here is $250 / month in NYC.
Fk me running, that's expensive. I bought the punch card - $12.50/class. Still a heck of an expense, but way easier to swallow than a membership in NYC. For that kind of cash, I'd need to be trained by a top 5 competitor. The guy training me is only top 20-ish.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I know right.. it's a bit crazy. I was ok with $200/month when they had their original owner training everyone. He's an amazing coach, but he's gone freelance now due to demand. Different Crossfit boxes are flying him all over the country/world to guest coach their certificate training and do seminars, etc.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I took one cap for this workout - the literature pretty clearly states that it's as worthless at one cap as it actually was, but it also states that increasing the dosage increases the chance of sh*tting your pants, so I'm working my way up (think it says to use 2-6 caps). Might be worth noting that unlike the last two workouts, I didn't get the shakes/shivers after... I'm thinking this might be an electrolyte thing.

Yesterday's workout:

Shoulder Press – 4×6 paused @ 95lb (I was using 135 because that's about my 70%, but I haven't pressed a bar that actually rotates in 2 years, so I was wobbly as heck)

5 Rounds
8 DB Snatch (alt each arm) 70lb
12 T2B - I went unbroken for the first two rounds, but at 227lbs, my hands just can't cut it.
Run 250m
—Rest 90 sec between rounds

I forgot to subtract 6 minutes from my time at the end, so it came out to 31:24... should actually say 25:24... still SLOW.

We were supposed to practice handstand walks afterward for 40ft. Pffhaha, I can make it about 6 inches.

The coach asked me if I was wearing a special weightlifting shoe.
"No," says I, "these were the ugliest shoes I've ever seen so I had to buy them."

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man I can't even get into a handstand. Have you ever done crossfit before? You seem to have not needed any beginner classes / on-ramp or anything and seem fairly familiar with all the acronyms and lifts.

For what it's worth, I started out with 3 caps and never had gastro issues with this supp. I used it as well myself last night at 3 caps after a 2 week break from it. I'm going to try it out at 6 caps and see if I notice a difference during my classes (or in the bathroom lol)

ps: nice booty shorts in the back. Love crossfit girls for their thick athletic legs/posterior chain...

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I did it for a few months back in 2012 - it's what got me into lifting. I told them that and showed them I could squat clean, so they didn't bother me to drop the extra $100 for the on-ramp classes (whew!).

I got there in time to see the class before me finishing up. Checked out some rather nice booty shorts... only to find out they're nearly all older once they turned around. I just can't figure out ages on CF women haha. The booty shorts in that photo are on one of the coaches, who I'd guess is about 40 or older.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Looking great so far!

Big Poppa S

Big Poppa S

Awards
  • Established
I've always found that cordygen/cordyceps takes a few days of consistent use before you really start seeing the effects.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I've always found that cordygen/cordyceps takes a few days of consistent use before you really start seeing the effects.
I'll have to give a daily run a go for a week or something once I figure out my happy dosage.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Took 3 caps last night since I was using my normal gym. No stomach issues whatsoever. Felt pretty peppey throughout my whole workout even though I've been pulling a bunch of O.T. lately and wasn't operating at 100% at 10pm. Kept the rest between sets pretty short.

Bodyweight: 224

CGBP: 30xbar, 30x65, 15x95, 15x115, 10x135, 8x155, 5x175, 5x195, 3x215, 2x5x195, 2x5x175
DB Rows: 10x90, 10x100, 10x110, 10x120, 10x125 - These usually smoke me, but I was happy as a clam
Hammer Curls: 20x20, 20x15, 50x10

Needed those hammer curls - I'd been hammering away at my overhead press for a couple months, EOD mostly, and a couple goof-off sessions at the gym let the old elbow tendonitis start creeping up on me. The curls make the elbows feel so much better.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good man. Just curious, how are you programming your hypertrophy/volume days with your crossfit/metcon days? Wondering how you are balancing the two so that they work together. I'm trying to balance out my training now as well.

Btw, I tested out 6 caps last night over the course of 3 back to back training sessions and thought you'd like to know how it went. I worked chest/tris for about 40min, then took 4 caps about 30min before a 75min hot yoga class, then took 2 more caps immediately after, which was 30min prior to another 1 hour hot yoga class. My breathing didn't feel strained one bit. Cardio endurance was amazing. Absolutely no gastro issues as well.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Good to hear. My diet's mostly keto, so I'm wondering if that's going to help me on the gut front.

As for programming, it's honestly random. CF is my priority right now and I'm doing as much CF as I can, based on:
1. Time - The classes only happen at certain times and sometimes I'm working or being a social animal.
2. Feels - If my shoulders are still smoked, I'm not going to go do the push-press wod, so I'll do squats or something.
3. Money - I can't afford to do it 6 days a week.
4. WOD - While the programming is superior to most cf gyms imo, sometimes it's just designed as a deload or to tire people out. I'm not paying good money to superset air squats with sit ups for 10 minutes.

So what I wind up with is basically 1-3 days a week of CF, then 2-5 days doing my normal jam, which is primarily <=5 rep strength stuff. The CF's been enough of a shock to the system that I may wind up going lighter for a bit.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Caps: 4 - all good!
Bodyweight: 229 - thanks sodium! :ugh2:

LB Squats: 10xbar, 10x95, 10x115, 10x135
LB Pause Squats 3 sec: 5x155, 5x175, 5x195, 5x215, 3x235, 3x225, 6x3x185
Lever Row: 20,20,10,12,10,8x45
Good Mornings: 8x95, 8x115, 5x135, 3x5x155
Handstands: 5

Generally, I feel like I'm dying holding my breath on pause squats, but they were super pleasant. I'm willing to bet this stuff would benefit the hell out of a swimmer.
I nearly fell asleep before the gym, but my playlist fixed that. Something about this song gets me pumped.
[video=youtube;DuE05pNVIpE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuE05pNVIpE[/video]

Relaxed the rest of the night with some pumpkin beer.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Lotsa squats... good stuff. I haven't tried the VO2 caps while working legs yet. Going to give it a shot myself.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Haha, no sneaky photos tonight. I was dripping sweat after a 250m job and 10 burpees in the warmup. It got worse from there and I could wring out my shirt by the end. I wound up scaling the hell out of the workout. I am far too heavy to be climbing a rope. From the notes on the board, it looks like there was lots of scaling all around.

4 Caps pre

Bench Press – Work up to a 5RM, 3RM, & 1RM
5x235, 3x255, 1x275, all close grip - heaviest lifts on the board today :think:

5 Rounds For Time
6 Strict HSPU - AbMat
50' Sled Pull... something like 225lbs
Run 250m

Took me 23:48.

I was just totally smoked by this... I wasted a lot of time in the beginning because the coach was trying to teach me HSPUs in a way that made no sense to me (like skull crushers)... which I already do pretty regularly. The sled pull completely ruined me for the run (I intend to play with this more, great stuff)... I ran even slower than normal, if that's possible. I did find than if I inhaled deeper, I could pretty instantly run faster, which has never been my experience. I have yet to walk through any part of my runs, which is unusual.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Man I'm jealous of those HSPU's.

I can't OHP press over 200# and I weigh 225-230. I couldn't image trying to press that weight while trying to balance upside down. Must've taken you some work to get there.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I did my first HSPU when I was about 260lbs with two dislocated shoulders. When I was 270, I could string about 3 together. Now that I'm ~225, my current PR is 17 strict unbroken HSPUs. I'm still pretty terrified of being upside down.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Felt gassed before I even showed up last night. Warmup included to 1.5 minute handstands. UGH, haha.

4 caps
Bodyweight: 231

Squat Clean Thruster – 1 EMOM For 10 Minutes
Worked up to a 200lb thruster... a PR since I never maxed on thrusters before.

8 Min AMRAP
5 Power Cleans @ 135lb
10 Bar Facing Burpees (with the exception of one round where I strung them, I did all of these so slow.

I think I did 65 reps. I also totally spaced on putting it up on the whiteboard.

4×8 RDL @ 345lb

Then off to the bar... as it turns out, $0.30 wings and $1.50 PBRs is an phenomenal aphrodisiac, so I got another 2 hours of conditioning in.

It seems to me this stuff doesn't so much keep me from getting winded as keep me from hitting rock bottom on stamina. I can still maintain a minimum pace, and seem to recover somewhat faster with short rests.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
How are you liking Cordygen?

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Then off to the bar... as it turns out, $0.30 wings and $1.50 PBRs is an phenomenal aphrodisiac, so I got another 2 hours of conditioning in.

It seems to me this stuff doesn't so much keep me from getting winded as keep me from hitting rock bottom on stamina. I can still maintain a minimum pace, and seem to recover somewhat faster with short rests.
Attaboy..with the missus or a new Crossfit companion? ;)

How're you liking the Cordygen at 4 caps? No gastro issues, everything fine ya?

Hope you had a great long weekend man.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Sorry, was away from the computer all weekend - stupid busy!

Saturday I wanted to earn myself a medium Meat Xtreme pizza and a couple Longhammers.

6 Caps - Got through my workout fine, but had to run to the can as soon as I got home... I'll try the dose again later to determine if that was the cause.
Bodyweight: 227
LB Squat: 10xbar, 10x95, 10x135, 8x185x 2x5x225
LB Squat Lockouts: 5x315, 5x465, 5x405, 5x455, 1x495, 5x5x405
Lockouts were from just above the navel. Intense enough that the bar bounced off my back every rep.
===
Sunday I decided to drink a multitude of stouts and walk around the Ren Faire sweating all day with some friends. Breakfast was just a protein shake, and I found myself a panini later... but I was starving and exhausted when I finally made it home, so I hit Wendy's for a meal.
For S&G's, here's my totals from that meal:

Calories: 2360
Protein: 93g
Fat: 118g
Carbs: 246g
Then I ate some ice cream with sprinkles and cherries. Judge me if you must.
===
Monday, I woke up starving haha. Bodyweight: 225.
Downed 4 caps and went hiking with a girl. About 50% inclines. No huffing, no puffing... kind of nice (booty shorts keep me focused). After 3 hours of... cardio, I fired up the grill and split 3lbs of wings and 1lb of sausage with her and made her watch a Tony Jaa flick, because that's how I do holidays.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You did a lot more work than I did this weekend.. but I needed some time to unwind from work, etc

Pretty nice squat lockouts, and good stuff with the hiking and 'cardio' after lol

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, squats seem to elude me, so I'm trying to just put weight on my back and hope my body gets the idea.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
4 caps
Bodyweight: 230

Bench Press – 10xbar, 10x95, 10x135, 4×10x185

10 Min AMRAP
5 Hang Power Snatch @ 115lb
7 Box Jumps 30"
10 T2B
===================
4 rounds even

Tabata Hollow Rocks 8 rounds

Deadlift: 8x225, 5x315, 3x405
Deadlift Walk 20': 2x495, 6x405

Hokay, so, I haven't box jumped in 2 years... I fell right on the box the second rep and stood there regretting life choices while feeling came back to my legs for 90 seconds of my 10 minute time. I might have gotten in another half a round otherwise. I liked this workout, and aside from shin pain, felt good through the whole thing until the hollow rocks. My arms and legs weigh a lot more since the last time I did those, so they were murder, especially after the TTB.

Of course, no Wednesday evening is complete without burning off my 20 wings and PBR. I didn't even know they made lace skirts, but I'm a fan now.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Looking good, hope those shins are doing better. Happened to me my first time at a Crossfit box lol. Btw, I'm looking into Tabata Hollow Rocks. I've seen what the different variations are, but what would you consider a full round?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Honestly, I don't even know how long we did them. I'd say to 30 second on, 30 seconds off. The ab pumps from it are still in effect, so I'm planning to make that a regular thing.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Worked all day Sunday, going on four days without a lift... not going 5. Enjoyed a little backyard bash, even though I was exhausted already and had only eaten six eggs and 4 scoops of protein.

4 caps

Bodyweight: 223

Squats: 4x15x135 (low back pumped and sore because the planets are aligned wrong?)
Strict Press: 4x5x135 (feeble)
Farmers 60'-ish: 2x135, 2x205, 2x225 (last lap... so... tired...)

And Wednesday showed up on Sunday, is it my birthday? Oh yeah, it is. I guess if she's going to cut me short, she may as well get video for y'all.

225/hand, ~12s down, 14s back, 4 seconds to flip in the middle, lots of tired grunts (omg, I grunt that much?), and setting down ever-so-gently because it's 10pm and I don't really know my old people neighbors.

Vid: [video]https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5O9dYc9w5vmb09mT2gwV0RQM0U/preview[/video]

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Weighed in at 222 before heading out to eat my mother's birthday feast (solid food omgggggggggg). Working overtime is starting to seem like a decent way to cut.

Asked Ian for some critique on farmers:
Make sure you wrap your thumbs around the handles. You'll get a better grip. Nice run though.
I'll be giving it a go later. If the thumb lets me pick up more than I can with false grip, I'll be a happy boy.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Weighed in at 222 before heading out to eat my mother's birthday feast (solid food omgggggggggg). Working overtime is starting to seem like a decent way to cut.

Asked Ian for some critique on farmers:

I'll be giving it a go later. If the thumb lets me pick up more than I can with false grip, I'll be a happy boy.

Does he mean a hook grip? Definitely worth trying. I was starting to get into using a hook grip when deadlifting over 400#.

And btw, happy belated birthday man!

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Hook grip would be torture. I'm sure someone out there does it, though.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
4 caps - I was exhausted when I showed up, and it only got worse.

1 Power Clean + 1 Push Press + 1 Push Jerk EMOM for 8 Minutes @185lb

3 Rounds For Time
50 Double Unders
1 Lap Sled Pull
10 Push Press 135
================
17:20
—Rest 3 minutes
Row 1000m For Time

I was dying. Between diet and sleep this past week, I think I've really hamstrung myself. I barely finished the row. The 135lb push presses had me huffing and puffing... I can typically rep out strict presses at that weight.
Positive: For not having done double unders in two years, I'm pretty sure I PR'd with like 25-30 at a time. I used a pink rope for style points and I wonder if that helped.

I ate a 1lb steak and a giant bowl of salad for dinner. My body seems to have really needed every last one of those nutrients because it apparently digested it into ash.

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Man, these workouts are nasty!

[video=youtube;uh_gaaUiNs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_gaaUiNs8[/video]

MySTeek

MySTeek

Awards
  • Established
Man, these workouts are nasty!

[video=youtube;uh_gaaUiNs8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh_gaaUiNs8[/video]

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I did my first HSPU when I was about 260lbs with two dislocated shoulders. When I was 270, I could string about 3 together. Now that I'm ~225, my current PR is 17 strict unbroken HSPUs. I'm still pretty terrified of being upside down.
Coming back to this post again - what was your OHP 1RM when you started being able to do HSPU's?

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Golly, that might be the first time Janet Jackson's made an appearance on AM!
Coming back to this post again - what was your OHP 1RM when you started being able to do HSPU's?
I think it was about 155lbs.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Took 4 caps again.

Clean Complex – 1 Pwr Clean + 1 Sq Clean + 1 Hng Sq Clean @ 155lbs
—1 every 90 seconds for 9 minutes (7 sets).

5 Rounds For Time
7 Deadlifts 315lb
20 Wall Balls 20lb
====================
19:09 - I think everyone finished like 10 minutes ago, but everything sucks and people are yelling at me why?! lol
—Rest 3 minutes
Run 800m For Time - My calves are sooo tight from the previous double unders that this took almost 6 minutes.

Got my 20 wings and 4 PBRs last night and a cute girl insisted on getting my number. Okie dokie.

Woke up this morning at 220lbs. Also calves. Oh man my calves. They feel like they're trying to explode from my legs like little Alien Chestbursters.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Pretty deadly workout. How're you finding the Cordygen now that you're using it on a regular basis?
Btw, gotta love when they ask for digits.

For calves, not sure if you have a rumble roller, but I like to place my calves on one and twist my leg side to side. It works using a barbell too. Gets rid of all the nastiness in there.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if it's just that I'm used to it, but I'm not picking up on the endurance effects of the Cordygen like I was when the log started.
I also seem to be finally losing weight, which is going to hurt both strength and endurance for me anyway, at least until it levels off again.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I wonder if it's just that I'm used to it, but I'm not picking up on the endurance effects of the Cordygen like I was when the log started.
I also seem to be finally losing weight, which is going to hurt both strength and endurance for me anyway, at least until it levels off again.
Hrm yeah I wonder if it's just that you're used to it's effects, or because the workouts are so varied that it's tough to compare. Keep up the good work though man.

Anyhow, here's a video of a girl in booty shorts doing 12 unbroken freestanding HSPU's :D For motivation of course

[video=youtube;5bM2-xIAq-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM2-xIAq-k[/video]

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
Been busy all weekend, so here's Friday's workout:
4 caps:

Strict Press: 10xbar, 10x65, 10x95, 10x115, 10x135
Push Press: 5x155, 5x175, 5x195, 5x215, 2x3x225
Strict Press: 5x4x155
Pullups: 3x5
Curls: 20x80
Shrugs: 10x405, 10x495x 10x585, 10x675

The night was cold and the gym seemed to still have the AC on, just couldn't warm up, barely broke a sweat. Knee freaked out on the last rep of pressing 225, and my lower trap tweaked on the shrugs, so I threw in the towel.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
You did all that volume before going heavy? Strong lifts!