Putting Follidrex to the Test

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Hey everybody, I have been selected as one of the many loggers for the latest epicatechin product, Follidrex! I gotta give a big thank you to NutraPlanet and corbin@nutra for choosing me! I am very excited to begin this product, yet skeptical of the results people have been reporting from other epicatechin products. However, I really do hope to see some similar, amazing results that loggers of other epicatechin products have seen!

Here is a little bit about me:

I am a 29 year old male. I am 6' 2" tall and weighed in at 211 lbs. this morning. I recently bought a pair of skin fold calipers and I have been routinely getting measurements in the 14.5 - 16.5% range.

My training follows 5/3/1 with the BBB assistance work, although I do the "less boring" version. So, on bench day I do OHP BBB, and on my press day I do bench BBB. I do not do deadlift BBB because it was just to much on my back so I use that as a time to do other things like glute bridges, GHRs pull throughs, etc. depending on what I feel like doing.

Diet is very dialed in, I track everything using my fitness pal and hit my macros consistently. I am currently lean bulking while utilizing carb cycling.

I am not on cycle and the only other supps I will be using are whey, bcaa, and preworkouts.

This will be a short cycle. They are having me take 2 caps per day (totaling 300mg) and I will be running it for 15 days. I am hoping that will be long enough to see some results, but many loggers of epi have mentioned they think it would shine with longer runs.

My first dose will be tomorrow morning.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm in bud

Wafflestomped

Wafflestomped

Awards
As a fellow logger i'm sub'd to compare results and experiences

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
interested to see how it stacks up my man!

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In to see how you like it

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
First dose down the hatch!

I took one cap on an empty stomach about 40 min before breakfast. No type of stomach discomfort to report taking it on an empty stomach.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
I have had a euphoric feeling all day today! I have only taken 1 cap so far, so I'm not sure if the feeling is coming from the epi or my excitement for this run, but I'll take it!

Super excited for my workout tonight!

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Day 1

Today was a great day! I just felt good! I was really excited going into my workout tonight. I'm not sure if it's the folli kicking in yet, or if it's just placebo from me being so excited about this, but I had a great workout mentally. I felt really focused and "on task" if that makes sense.

Today was my OHP day.

OHP
70 x 5
85 x 5
105 x 3
110 x 5
130 x 5
145 x 7

Bench BBB
85 x10
85 x 10
85 x 10
85 x8
85 x 8

Chin-ups
BW x 10
BW x 9
BW x 9
BW x 7
BW x 6

Face pulls, hanging knee raises, planks to finish off.

I am really excited to see if the follidrex will help with some of my endurance. I have seen other users of epi products gain reps on their sets. I would really like to see my amrap set numbers jump. Also, a personal goal is to be able to hit 10 reps on all 5 sets of chins. That's another area that I am hoping to see some improvement on.

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
Subbed!

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Does anyone have any advice on how to upload screenshots?

I am trying to upload pics of my macros from myfitnesspal and it keeps telling me they are too big. I have tried cropping them down, but I can't get them to meet the 800x800 requirement.

Thanks for any tips!

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I am trying to upload pics of my macros from myfitnesspal and it keeps telling me they are too big. I have tried cropping them down, but I can't get them to meet the 800x800 requirement.

Thanks for any tips!
Hey try PMing Admin or Ari Gold for help.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey try PMing Admin or Ari Gold for help.
I re-edit them on my computer sometimes but you may be able to change the pics properties in the setting before you upload. What phone you using?

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established

Thanks for any tips!
make a tumblr accout quick and just throw it on there! thats what i do!

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Until I get something better figured out I used a really roundabout way. I took a picture of my screen shot with my iPad and then took a photo of my ipad with my phone to upload the pictures. I realize this is kind of an f'ed up way of doing this, but I'm not all that tech savvy and I dont know how to change image size on the ipad, but I can on my phone lol (except for screenshots).

This is yesterdays grub.

3048 calls

20140722_121133.jpg

20140722_121143.jpg

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
looks solid man! haha had to laugh at how you did this though, took a screenshot of a screen shot and then screen shotted it ;) yeah basically just create a imgur, set everything to private/public whatever you want. upload, then go on their website and just copy paste the

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Until I get something better figured out I used a really roundabout way. I took a picture of my screen shot with my iPad and then took a photo of my ipad with my phone to upload the pictures. I realize this is kind of an f'ed up way of doing this, but I'm not all that tech savvy and I dont know how to change image size on the ipad, but I can on my phone lol (except for screenshots).

This is yesterdays grub.

3048 calls

View attachment 104391

View attachment 104392
Nice!!

hugojaya

hugojaya

Awards
  • Established
following along...I am waiting for kick in too

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Day 2

Alright, so today was the second day on Follidrex. I think that I am actually starting to see some evidence that the folli is working! I felt like I had better endurance today, and my legs were definitly pumped more than usual!

Squat day

Jump rope
Defrancos agile 8

Squats
95 x 5
135 x 5
155 x 5
195 x 5
230 x 3
250 x 5
290 x 5
330 x 8 (this is where I feel like the endurance is coming in. I was hoping to get about 7 reps and got 8 and I probably could have gone for 9.)

Glute bridges with 45lb plate over hips
Ab wheel roll-outs
Planks

Kind of a short and sweet workout. Squats felt really good today. I am continuing to have a great mental state. I just feel energized and excited and really motivated to have a great workout!

So far, so good!

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Works fast :)

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Did you notice a boost in energy after you dose today?
I guess you could say that. I definitly feel very motivated. It's not the same kind of energy I get from stims though.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Works fast :)
Yeah, faster than anything I have ever used before! Kinda shocking really, that it can kick in so fast. It's really nice though. You don't have to spend 2 weeks waiting for it to kick in like some products.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, faster than anything I have ever used before! Kinda shocking really, that it can kick in so fast. It's really nice though. You don't have to spend 2 weeks waiting for it to kick in like some products.
I was shocked at first too, but it's great that you get full weeks worth instead of what you said waiting for it to start working and building up

LizKing531

LizKing531

Awards
I'd say it's interesting - couple days in & soreness in my abs after a deload squat session....

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Day 3 today.

Today is an off day from lifting. I plan on getting in some hiit later on though. Hoping to see that endurance continue to shine during that.

CheslinK

CheslinK

Awards
I'm also a winner for the logging. I'm stoked to try the stuff. I'm going to get my bloodwork done as well before and after. Always been interested, and a part of me is wondering if these products are somehow spiked lol

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3 today. Today is an off day from lifting. I plan on getting in some hiit later on though. Hoping to see that endurance continue to shine during that.
I hate days off lol

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Especially when I'm on something!
Word. Lift 7 days per week! GAINS! Lol. Nah we need that rest unfortunately

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Yeahhhhh buddy! It's bench day today!

I kind of felt like a little kid waking up Christmas morning today knowing I get to bench later!

Even early in the morning I am feeling slightly energized and VERY motivated to lift! Unfortunately I'll have to wait until this evening to actually do so.