thebiz909

Awards
weight: 165
body fat: 15.9%
product: REM-8.0 by Formutech Nutrition

3/20/14

dose: 1/2 scoop/pack
time: 2120

Took 1/2 pack/scoop of product @ 2120, then 10 min later took protein and carb+amino shakes. the product flavour was 'melon'. and it was pretty good. got in bed approx 20 min later. felt mildly sedated from the GABA i assume as i have used GABA before. unfortunately i did not fall asleep until much later. it actually took longer for me to fall asleep than i usually do w/o the product. i usually take MUSCLEPHARM's - Z-CORE PM prior to bed, but subbed REM-8.0 in its stead. i speculate that i may have been over thinking and anticipating the product to kick-in, coupled with the temperature in my room being a little bit uncomfortable which contributed to this delay in falling asleep. i woke up @ 0500 as i normally do, tossed and turned for a bit and then fell back asleep until 0600. i will try a full dose/scoop tonite. btw i am on week 2 of a 4 week cut.

comments/suggestions on making this log better in any way are appreciated!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
first in!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

3/20/14

Took 1/2 pack/scoop of product @ 2120, then 10 min later took protein and carb+amino shakes. the product flavour was 'melon'. and it was pretty good. got in bed approx 20 min later. felt mildly sedated from the GABA i assume as i have used GABA before. unfortunately i did not fall asleep until much later. it actually took longer for me to fall asleep than i usually do w/o the product. i usually take MUSCLEPHARM's - Z-CORE PM prior to bed, but subbed REM-8.0 in its stead. i speculate that i may have been over thinking and anticipating the product to kick-in, coupled with the temperature in my room being a little bit uncomfortable which contributed to this delay in falling asleep. i woke up @ 0500 as i normally do, tossed and turned for a bit and then fell back asleep until 0600. i will try a full dose/scoop tonite. btw i am on week 2 of a 4 week cut.

could have just been overthinking it!

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards

3/20/14

Solid initial feedback. I will be interested to see if 1 scoop is your sweet spot. I do want to point out that REM 8.0 will not knock you out so to speak. It should start to relax you about 20-30 minutes after taking it. The best way that I explain it for me is that once I out put my head on the pillow and go out it kind of shuts my brain down (for lack of a better word) and I hit deep REM sleep. I am the type of person that if I wake up at 2AM and open an eye I just get up. With REM 8.0 that does not happen. Hope this helps.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Solid initial feedback. I will be interested to see if 1 scoop is your sweet spot. I do want to point out that REM 8.0 will not knock you out so to speak. It should start to relax you about 20-30 minutes after taking it. The best way that I explain it for me is that once I out put my head on the pillow and go out it kind of shuts my brain down (for lack of a better word) and I hit deep REM sleep. I am the type of person that if I wake up at 2AM and open an eye I just get up. With REM 8.0 that does not happen. Hope this helps.
same here althought I have a 15 minute period after about 30 minutes of taking it where I do get extremely drowsy and if I don't fall asleep during that window it'll take me a little bit. But once I'm asleep I stay that way until my alarm goes off.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
same here althought I have a 15 minute period after about 30 minutes of taking it where I do get extremely drowsy and if I don't fall asleep during that window it'll take me a little bit. But once I'm asleep I stay that way until my alarm goes off.
That is actually a very good point. I actually know a guy that takes this around 2pm and goes on about his day. He trains early in the evening then goes home and goes to bed around 10. I have never tried that and probably won't. One of the reasons that we put the do not operate heavy machinery warning on the label!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That is actually a very good point. I actually know a guy that takes this around 2pm and goes on about his day. He trains early in the evening then goes home and goes to bed around 10. I have never tried that and probably won't. One of the reasons that we put the do not operate heavy machinery warning on the label!
Lol yeah not something I'd try haha

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

3/20/14

Did you take the Z-core with the shake as well? In order to get best effects, REM should be taken on empty stomach. IMO at least.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When taking 1/2 scoop, I fell like I fall asleep like I would during normal circumstances (15-30m), but that instead of waking up every two hours I only wake up once or twice and after using the bathroom, if that's why I woke up, I'm back out way faster than normal.

At 3/4-1s, my drowsiness hits a little quicker, maybe out 10-20m avr, and IF I wake up it's only once. Usually I don't get up with that amount though. Some grogginess whether I sleep 5 or 8 hours, but that goes away quickly.

Just my experience. In for yours!

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
Did you take the Z-core with the shake as well? In order to get best effects, REM should be taken on empty stomach. IMO at least.
yeh i was doing: z-core + protein + carb & amino shakes. i gotta take the shakes before bed, but i can do a 30 min gap between rem-8.0 and the shakes if need be, do u think i should take the rem-8.0 before or after?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yeh i was doing: z-core + protein + carb & amino shakes. i gotta take the shakes before bed, but i can do a 30 min gap between rem-8.0 and the shakes if need be, do u think i should take the rem-8.0 before or after?
Stomach doesn't need to be empty but you don't want any dietary calcium in there it'll block absorbtion of the zma.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Stomach doesn't need to be empty but you don't want any dietary calcium in there it'll block absorbtion of the zma.
Excellent point Captain Swanks!

I will generally cycle on off with REM for a few days and other nights a good bourbon:wink1:

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
yeh that is what i read about he zma + calcium a while bak. so i used to take my zma 30 min prior to my brotein shakes. but after a while i said fcuk it and took em together. anyways took rem last night 20 min prior to shakes...going to go log it

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/21/14

dose: 1 scoop/pack
time: 2045

Took 1 pack/scoop of product @ 2045, then 20 min later took protein (combat) and carb+amino (carbo plus + amino 1) shakes. gotta say the flavour (melon) tastes grrreat! i like it. and its kinda kool how the powder is orange-ish but liquid turns green. anyways, felt mildly sedated, i think i prefer a higher dose of GABA. got in bed by 2130, fell asleep soon after, woke up at 0300 cos of a full bladder (all those shakes), went bak to bed and got up @0600. normal drag-ass out of bed, but once up i felt pretty energetic. usually i drag-ass till after i have my coffee. i've been a little bit amped all day so far (its 0945). i'm debating whether i should do 1.5 scoops tonite. whadda yall think?

thanx for reading.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/21/14

Took 1 pack/scoop of product @ 2045, then 20 min later took protein (combat) and carb+amino (carbo plus + amino 1) shakes. gotta say the flavour (melon) tastes grrreat! i like it. and its kinda kool how the powder is orange-ish but liquid turns green. anyways, felt mildly sedated, i think i prefer a higher dose of GABA. got in bed by 2130, fell asleep soon after, woke up at 0300 cos of a full bladder (all those shakes), went bak to bed and got up @0600. normal drag-ass out of bed, but once up i felt pretty energetic. usually i drag-ass till after i have my coffee. i've been a little bit amped all day so far (its 0945). i'm debating whether i should do 1.5 scoops tonite. whadda yall think?

thanx for reading.
Up to you man, I never need more than one full dose but your milage may vary!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
3/21/14

thanx for reading.
I persoally am a 1 scoop guy but you know your body than we all do.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/22/14

dose: 1.5 scoops
time: 2108

Took 1.5 scoops of product @ 2108, then @2130 took protein and carb+amino shakes. was hoping to feel more sedated than from taking 1 scoop. but that was not the case, felt the same level of sedation. fell asleep almost immediately, woke up @0600. never woke up in between. after waking up felt a bit dizzy and spaced out. since i am cutting and on a lo-carb diet, was not sure if my spaced out feeling was due to product or dieting.

3/23/14

dose: 1 scoop

took 1 scoop last nite. 30 min later took my brotein and carb+amino shakes. go in bed 20 min later @2200 (about 50 min after taking REM-8.0). fell asleep almost immediately. slept until my full bladder woke me up around 0430, tossed around, changing positions cos i didnt want to get out of bed to empty bladder. fell bak asleep until 0517, decided to get up then. felt a little bit dizzy w/o being spaced out, dizziness was not as much as when i took 1.5 scoops the nite before (3/22). would like to reiterate how good REM-8.0 tastes, prolly top 3 best tasting supplements i've tried.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/22/14

dose: 1.5 scoops

Took 1.5 scoops of product @ 2108, then @2130 took protein and carb+amino shakes. was hoping to feel more sedated than from taking 1 scoop. but that was not the case, felt the same level of sedation. fell asleep almost immediately, woke up @0600. never woke up in between. after waking up felt a bit dizzy and spaced out. since i am cutting and on a lo-carb diet, was not sure if my spaced out feeling was due to product or dieting.

3/23/14

dose: 1 scoop

took 1 scoop last nite. 30 min later took my brotein and carb+amino shakes. go in bed 20 min later @2200 (about 50 min after taking REM-8.0). fell asleep almost immediately. slept until my full bladder woke me up around 0430, tossed around, changing positions cos i didnt want to get out of bed to empty bladder. fell bak asleep until 0517, decided to get up then. felt a little bit dizzy w/o being spaced out, dizziness was not as much as when i took 1.5 scoops the nite before (3/22). would like to reiterate how good REM-8.0 tastes, prolly top 3 best tasting supplements i've tried.
this is why I refuse to low carb anymore. I was getting dizzy, especially when standing up after laying or sitting for a long period of time, and at one point I started to go blind (literally my vision went blue and black) until I drank a carton of milk and it came back because I was getting hypoglycemic.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/24/14

same deal pretty much w/dosing and shakes before bed, falling asleep, etc. the only change last night was I woke up @0100 to empty my bladder, then went bak to sleep immediately, nxt thing I know I'm in the middle of a dream and somebody is waking me up cos its 0603...I was out.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

Lol. I d be in a ditch.

Actually taking some in about 3 min gotta get sleep tonight. Last two nights I tossed and turned.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
20 minutes prior to bed is generally my sweet spot.

02Sixxer - do you take any shakes etc prior to bed or sleep fasted?

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
20 minutes prior to bed is generally my sweet spot.

02Sixxer - do you take any shakes etc prior to bed or sleep fasted?
Same here, I feel it in 20-30 minutes.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/25/14

nothing neu to report. same thing as previous nights.

3/26/214

same dosing/time as usual. only thing to report is after waking up @ 0500 to empty the ole bladder, tried to go bak to sleep till 0600. fell asleep prolly after 20min of tossing and turning. started dreaming again and right before 0600 i had this weird half dream, half awake, sleep disorder kinda thing, where i was trying to wake up but couldnt, i had to REALLY try. its weird and hard for me to xplain but i've xperienced it before, like a long time ago, i was told it was a sort of sleep disorder. i was told it was a result/consequence of the substance abuse issues i had (been clean for a while now). the best way i can xplain it is its like your mind is awake, but your body is asleep/paralyzed. anyways...REM-8.0 worx grrreat!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/25/14

nothing neu to report. same thing as previous nights.

3/26/214

same dosing/time as usual. only thing to report is after waking up @ 0500 to empty the ole bladder, tried to go bak to sleep till 0600. fell asleep prolly after 20min of tossing and turning. started dreaming again and right before 0600 i had this weird half dream, half awake, sleep disorder kinda thing, where i was trying to wake up but couldnt, i had to REALLY try. its weird and hard for me to xplain but i've xperienced it before, like a long time ago, i was told it was a sort of sleep disorder. i was told it was a result/consequence of the substance abuse issues i had (been clean for a while now). the best way i can xplain it is its like your mind is awake, but your body is asleep/paralyzed. anyways...REM-8.0 worx grrreat!
that sounds like a really strange and unsettling feeling man!

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
that sounds like a really strange and unsettling feeling man!
srsly bro. one time i someone was knocking on my door and i could hear them, but i couldnt get up and outta bed to open the door right away, it took a while.

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/27/14

last log/post for the week till monday (i'm learning more is not better). everything is pretty much constant. what i'm gathering is i still tend to wake up some nights to empty my bladder, but i almost always fall right back into a deep sleep. i also can report that i had a pretty good week at the gym. felt super strong a couple of days (on this cut i'm doing 3 workouts 2x a week = 6 days). my first leg workout of the week (tue) i was straight BEASTMODE. today (2nd leg w.o.) not as much. see ya monday.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/27/14

last log/post for the week till monday (i'm learning more is not better). everything is pretty much constant. what i'm gathering is i still tend to wake up some nights to empty my bladder, but i almost always fall right back into a deep sleep. i also can report that i had a pretty good week at the gym. felt super strong a couple of days (on this cut i'm doing 3 workouts 2x a week = 6 days). my first leg workout of the week (tue) i was straight BEASTMODE. today (2nd leg w.o.) not as much. see ya monday.
Nice update dude! Feeling strong on a cut is huge!!!

I'm out of rem right now waiting on another tub to get here soon hopefully!!

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/28/14

ok so i lied...since log is almost done and i'm here at the computer, might as well log, right? took same dose (1 scoop) at 2030, then 30 min later brotein & amino+carb shakes...didnt end up getting in bed till 2130. felt relaxed right after i took REM-8.0 tho. not a great night of sleep, prolly cos i didnt piss RIGHT b4 hitting the sack. woke up around 0130 to handle the aforementioned. but even after, like i said did not have a great night of sleep. eh...woke up @ 0550 and here i am now. wish bb.com carried REM-8.0

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/28/14

ok so i lied...since log is almost done and i'm here at the computer, might as well log, right? took same dose (1 scoop) at 2030, then 30 min later brotein & amino+carb shakes...didnt end up getting in bed till 2130. felt relaxed right after i took REM-8.0 tho. not a great night of sleep, prolly cos i didnt piss RIGHT b4 hitting the sack. woke up around 0130 to handle the aforementioned. but even after, like i said did not have a great night of sleep. eh...woke up @ 0550 and here i am now. wish bb.com carried REM-8.0
Weird, I thought they did!!!

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
weird indeed brah - it seems they carry everything formutech BUT http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/formutech-nutrition.html
Will drop an email to the big boss man, grand pooba of Formutech.....
I remember Bruce telling me that one of the supp stores was dropping all phenibut products but I would have sworn it was NP. Bbdotcom would make more sense I think but its also possible they're out of stock of our old label design and haven't put up the new graphic yet until they get stock. I could see that being the case too

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
3/28/14

BB.com dropped all phenibut products a year or so ago. Since the large fallout several years ago bb.com basically has FDA living there! They are very conservative when it comes to dosage of some ingredients or just some ingredients in particular. That is the only product on our line that is not carried by them. NP has it as well as every other site that carries out line that I know of. Sales on REM 8.0 are increasing quite a bit now and more retailers are picking it up as well. Thanks

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
BB.com dropped all phenibut products a year or so ago. Since the large fallout several years ago bb.com basically has FDA living there! They are very conservative when it comes to dosage of some ingredients or just some ingredients in particular. That is the only product on our line that is not carried by them. NP has it as well as every other site that carries out line that I know of. Sales on REM 8.0 are increasing quite a bit now and more retailers are picking it up as well. Thanks
Thank you Bruce, BB.com's loss is another companies gain!

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
3/29/14

first night off REM-8.0, went bak to Z-CORE PM (MP). did not sleep well. nxt morning and the entire day i was irate. had restless leg syndrome. did i get addicted to GABA or something else?

3/30/14

2nd night w/o REM-8.0 and bak on Z-CORE PM, slept fine. however this AM (3/31) i was irate again. uh-oh.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3/29/14

first night off REM-8.0, went bak to Z-CORE PM (MP). did not sleep well. nxt morning and the entire day i was irate. had restless leg syndrome. did i get addicted to GABA or something else?

3/30/14

2nd night w/o REM-8.0 and bak on Z-CORE PM, slept fine. however this AM (3/31) i was irate again. uh-oh.
just sounds to me like the z-core isn't doing it for you compared to rem!

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
so after a little research on the internet i'm certain its the phenibut that i'm feeling withdrawal symptoms from. and until now i had no idea phenibut and Gamma Amino Butyric Acid aka GABA were not one and the same, now i know phenibut "is a derivative of the naturally occurring inhibitory neurotransmitter γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA). The addition of a phenyl ring allows phenibut to cross the blood brain barrier." so i guess GABA can not cross...does that make it less effective?

thebiz909

thebiz909

Awards
final review/rating: 3/5

rem-8.0 is a good product that lives up to its claim of aiding in sleep. it has a calming effect. it tastes great and mixes w/o any problems. one scoop was plenty for me. the only con i xperienced were the withdrawal symptoms from the phenibut after discontinuing use, the symptoms include feeling xtreemly irritated and annoyed easily, anxiety and restlessness. if you are predisposed to anxiety i would not recommend you take this because if you ever stop taking it, your anxiety will get worse, as is in my case. however, like most anxiety medications i have used, it def worx, but you have to take it all the time and dependence becomes an issue.

i wish i could give it a higher rating, but the withdrawal symptoms i am currently xperiencing are no picnic and i prolly wont be using any supps that contain phenibut again. i would like to thank formutech nutrition for giving me the opportunity to try/log this product and all those who have viewed it.

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

rem-8.0 is a good product that lives up to its claim of aiding in sleep. it has a calming effect. it tastes great and mixes w/o any problems. one scoop was plenty for me. the only con i xperienced were the withdrawal symptoms from the phenibut after discontinuing use, the symptoms include feeling xtreemly irritated and annoyed easily, anxiety and restlessness. if you are predisposed to anxiety i would not recommend you take this because if you ever stop taking it, your anxiety will get worse, as is in my case. however, like most anxiety medications i have used, it def worx, but you have to take it all the time and dependence becomes an issue.

i wish i could give it a higher rating, but the withdrawal symptoms i am currently xperiencing are no picnic and i prolly wont be using any supps that contain phenibut again. i would like to thank formutech nutrition for giving me the opportunity to try/log this product and all those who have viewed it.
typically if you only use it for 3-4 days in a row with a 1-2 day break you won't have that issue. thank you for the honest review and glad it worked well for you! in the future, just give it a longer break between doses and you won't have any issues

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards

This is very interesting Bigz. Phenibut withdraw normally takes longer more prolong periods of time without a break. 10 days is a very short time. Do you use other drugs that do a similar things. Such as if you are currently using anti- anxiety medication it could be a combination if both.

I REM 8.0 regularly, but I don't cline with ambien or Xanax or other similar products. Trying to get feedback to educate myself from your scenario. You can pm me if you would like.

Thanks.
Sixxer.