Mountainman's "Kitchen Sink"

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey Kids,
I'm going to be running an unsponsered log with a sh!t ton of stuff during my PCT, it may work, it may not. All I know is I had the cash lying around during NP's New Year's sale, saw things I couldn't pass up and went TOWN. I'm just doing this for fun, so if anyone catches onto this thread please keep that in mind. If you have anything negative to say about this stack or what I'm doing for splits, exercises, grips, rep schemes, whatever, you don't have to follow. I DO however love constructive criticism, so if you have any of that I'm all for it. This is an unsponsered log BTW.

Here's my list of products:
Clomid
X-Factor Advanced
ALCAR
GMS
Forskolin 95
Tropinol XP
MAN PR-XT
EGCG
Burn 24
Slin Sane
Bulk DAA
Revolution Black
DIM
Joint Fixx
Chondroit Sulf /Glucosamine Sulf / MSM
Cissus

As well as a multi, mega krill oil, beta-sitosterol.

The list is based in studies, research, anecdotal evidence, and just plain personal curiosity, but I don't know if all of it has ever been tried together. At least I can't find anywhere that it has. Could be very synergystic, could comepletely back fire, who knows.

I have several PWO's handy, Volatile being one of them which I like a lot, and a home made pre that I put together that tastes absolutely horrid but is effective as hell.

Currently 205 lbs. at what I would estimate at 13 - 14% BF. I'm attempting to use this run as a recomp running 2 a days on upper body days with weights in the morning and cardio at night. I may swap it at some point since I've only been following that for just over a week. My lifting split is based on antagonistic muscle groups and is as follows:

Chest / Traps
Quads / Calves
Delts / Lats
Hams / Calves

Rest days are interspersed but I've gone for 3 weeks straight on that split without rest days. Since tournament season in right around the corner for volleyball there will be some leg days that will be built solely around explosive work and plyo metrics. And none of those retarded cross sh!t box jumps, real box depth jumps that actually produce results.

My diet has been semi clean, especially with my wife being out of town for military training, averaging 300 grams protein and 400 - 500 grams carbs. I just downloaded a macro tracking app to help me keep better track since I'm planning on trying to cut some BF.

I am still dealing with some tendonitis in my elbow, and patellar tendonitis that I've had since college and will never go away unfortunately, but I've been able to work around it. So once tournament season is over I'll be able to focus strictly on leg strength and size.

Thanks for following along, and don't be afraid have a little fun with this one with me.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In first bishes! Kill it MM! Keep those gains !

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was supposed to be chest and traps but I walked around with my kids for a good while at the mall doing some shopping and I had my son in his back that whole time. My traps were sore as sh!t so I would not be training those, so as an adjustment I went with chest and some rare arm work. I took my XFA + ALCAR + GMS and the PR-XT with EGCG about an hour ahead of time, then the Volatile 30 mins. prior, and headed out to the garage.

DB Flat Bench / Rope Hammer Curls w/ Hand Twist
75s x 8 / *50* x 10
90s x 6 / *50* x 10
70s x 10 / *50* x 10
70s x 10 / *50* x 8

For those anyone wondering about the * with the weights, my cable systems have "weight multiplying" pulley ratios, so supposedly the weights are heavier than what is on the stacks. I don't know what the multiplied weights actually equal so I use the * to show what the stack says.

Pec Deck / OH Rope Tri Extensions / Incline Bench Curls w/ extra slow eccentric
*30* x 12 / 25s x 12
*30* x 12 / 25s x 12
*30* x 12 / 25s x 12

Since I was outside at night and my kids were in bed I had the monitor with me. My daughter started crying pretty loudly so I had to run in and see what the issue was. After consoling her and getting her nack to sleep I decided to stay inside and do push variations super set with concentrations curls. I kep rest periods short and tried to get some HIIT training out of it at the same time.

This morning I went out to do sprints on the treadmill and the treadmill pooped the bed on me. Just died as soon as I hit the speed up button. So I had to switch to the wife's elliptical, which only worked for about 2 minutes before I decided I couldn't get the HIIT intensity I need. I switched to shuttle runs which got me to the level I needed for HIIT and managed to get about 15 mins. total before I had to head back in to get ready for work.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice stack, bro! Hope you keep all of your gains!

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Awesome, thanks Bones!

You hit that 200# mark yet?
Ahh . Not yet , hopefully by next Monday, that would be sweet!

BTW that's one crazy stack brother. Can't wait to see how it treats you.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We'll see what happens. It's a lot to take during the day. The real b!cth is taking the GMS. It doesn't dissolve for beans because its a triglyceride fat, almost gagged and puked taking it last night. Anyone have any suggestions?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In for the next time cash is lying around...

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
We'll see what happens. It's a lot to take during the day. The real b!cth is taking the GMS. It doesn't dissolve for beans because its a triglyceride fat, almost gagged and puked taking it last night. Anyone have any suggestions?
When I took it before I would just dump it down my throat and chase it with my preworkout

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
shoot & chase it with something flavored.

Oh yeah....in :popcorn:

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Time to play some catch up.

Monday night I did a plyo workout with depth jumps and jumps squats mixed in with hamstring curls. Got in a good workout and was out of breath most of the time which is good, and was going to go to bed right after my shake but my wife called from California so of course I had to talk to her for a while. Didn't get to bed till late so doing HIIT Tuesday morning was out of the question. I did get in a killer lat and delt workout last night though:

Alternating Grip Pull Ups / DB OHP
PU x 5, CH x 5 / 30s x 15
CU x 5, PH x 4 / 30s x 15
PU x 5, CH x 3 / 30s x 15
CU x 5, PH x 3 / 30s x 15

The last 3 reps for both the OHP and chin/pull ups were mega cheats but I focused very hard on a slow negative during the cheat reps and my muscles, both lats and delts, burned like crazy during those negatives.

Meadow Rows / Drop Set Lateral Raises
70 x 6L, 6R, 4L, 4R / 30s x 5, 10s x 10
70 x 6R, 6L, 4R, 4L / 30s x 5, 10s x 10
70 x 8L, 8R / 30s x 5, 10s x 10

Again, some cheating at the end, but major focus on the negatives.

Smith Machine High Pulls / Skier Pull Downs
75 x 12 / *50* x 12
75 x 12 / *50* x 12
75 x 10 / *50* x 10

I finished out with a major burn out cycle, using isolation of tris and bis first in order to really try and get my major muscles to take over as much work as possible during the compounds.

OH Rope Tricep Exts. / Smith Machine OHP / EZ Bar Curls / Bent Over Underhand Row
*50* x 10 / 85 x 10 / 60 x 10 / 135 x 8

I'm already sore today. Good stuff.

Big thank you to Hyde for his suggestion on taking GMS. That has been the best way so far. Still nasty though. And there is a SH!T LOAD of pills I take throughout the day. They're almost like meals there's so many. But it must all be working because one of the guys at work asked if I was on anything because I looked bigger all of a sudden. I do have to admit I feel like I'm pumped all the time. But my fuse has gotten VERY short. While on Max-Bulk I was generally calm and even had that sense of well being a lot of the time. Now I get really angry over the tiniest things. I'm keeping my cool when my kids are around but it's difficult sometimes, especially in the car. So many stupid drivers here in Vermont. Not testing my strength just yet, want to give it a few weeks then I'll give the big lifts a go and see where I'm at.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
And that Macro Calculator I downloaded on my phone, once you work out the quirks ad get used to it, is pretty good. I tried out 4 or 5 and kept uninstalling, then when I came across this one it was easy from the start and so many options as far as goals. I recommend it because I really thought I had my nutrition in hand, but as it turns out I was all over the map on macros and calories. It takes no time at all to punch in my food and see my totals throughout the day. It's called Cals & Macros by DesignByVH if anyone is interested.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nice workout. I'm stealing the pull up/chin up sets. I use Cals and Macros as well. I like the graphic trends that show the calories, macros and weights. You can see how all over the place your nutrition is. I just wish they had USA units and food database.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Nice workout. I'm stealing the pull up/chin up sets. I use Cals and Macros as well. I like the graphic trends that show the calories, macros and weights. You can see how all over the place your nutrition is. I just wish they had USA units and food database.
Food data base would be great. I scanned every bit of food in my house and not one friggin thing came up. Why have the scan option?

Swapping the pull ups and chin ups during sets is awesome. Helps you really feel and exhaust your lats. Love it!

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah all the pills can get overwhelming; it can be more intense than the cycle. I literally base some choices on supps on how many caps/serving & consider how many x/day I have to dose - either last cycle or I believe it was the one before, there was a point where I hit 42 capsules/pills/tabs a day. Not counting bulk powders & such. That's friggin' dedication lol.

I try to keep it under half that though. Fish oil makes it tough if you get the cheap stuff; if you use high quality stuff like CL's Oximega 4 caps is equal to almost 11 cheapos, like you get at walmart & such. Nothing wrong with the wally's, but that's a lot of extra caps to swallow.

skinnybones

skinnybones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah all the pills can get overwhelming; it can be more intense than the cycle. I literally base some choices on supps on how many caps/serving & consider how many x/day I have to dose - either last cycle or I believe it was the one before, there was a point where I hit 42 capsules/pills/tabs a day. Not counting bulk powders & such. That's friggin' dedication lol.

I try to keep it under half that though. Fish oil makes it tough if you get the cheap stuff; if you use high quality stuff like CL's Oximega 4 caps is equal to almost 11 cheapos, like you get at walmart & such. Nothing wrong with the wally's, but that's a lot of extra caps to swallow.
Im starting to think along those lines now as well. The pill quantity is getting to be a little too much to keep track of on a busy day. My stomach is getting upset more often as well. Starting to like the powders more.

MM those are some sick work outs all ready. You most def kicked it up a notch. Nice job dude, cant wait for the turn out. Say good bye to the fat.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks bonesy. I'm trying to keep pushing as much as I did when on the MB. I really want to take advantage of the increased synthesis, and I read about people getting a leaning effect from ArA so I want the most out of that as well. These 2 a days are hard if I can't get at least 6 hours of sleep though. I did 20 mins. of HIIT this morning and just hammered out a leg workout that almost made me puke. I can't wait to see the payoff either.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just spent almost 2 hours shoveling.

ForumRunner_20140313_153553.png

No need to workout tonight, that's for sure. Should had dosed my ArA before hand.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
pete8407

pete8407

Awards
My ArA starts on Monday, really excited, never used it before. How are you dosing, just workout days or everyday?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My ArA starts on Monday, really excited, never used it before. How are you dosing, just workout days or everyday?
Just workout. 1.5 gr. at the moment. I think I'm going to up it to 2 gr. though. Post your link here if you get a log going.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So it turns out I WILL be working out tonight, due to the fact that I'm a gigantic a$$hole and in a moment of weakness ate a whole box of girl scout cookies.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So it turns out I WILL be working out tonight, due to the fact that I'm a gigantic a$$hole and in a moment of weakness ate a whole box of girl scout cookies.
Lolololololol. I can eat a box without batting an eye. Those cookies used to be bigger in the old days!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lolololololol. I can eat a box without batting an eye. Those cookies used to be bigger in the old days!
True. I hadn't noticed that really until you just mentioned that. Damn cost cutting to increase profits. Even little innocent children are becoming ruthless business monsters.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I haven't had a girlscout cookie in years. I'd totally kill a box right now if I had one.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It wasn't worth it. I'm guilt ridden and not looking forward to this workout after shoveling afternoon.

pete8407

pete8407

Awards
Just workout. 1.5 gr. at the moment. I think I'm going to up it to 2 gr. though. Post your link here if you get a log going.
I have the IForce log going on now, some good sh!t. Not sure if I'm going to start a new one. Kinda want to though:)

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have the IForce log going on now, some good sh!t. Not sure if I'm going to start a new one. Kinda want to though:)
New log would be great to follow. Doooooo it!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Oh what kind?
I forget the name but they were the chocolate covered peanut butter filled ones. Couldn't.....stop......eating....them.....

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forget the name but they were the chocolate covered peanut butter filled ones. Couldn't.....stop......eating....them.....
You get a pass then. You can't say no to PB.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You get a pass then. You can't say no to PB.
It's just a good thing there were no thin mints around as well. I'd be out here all friggin night!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's just a good thing there were no thin mints around as well. I'd be out here all friggin night!
I would devour those as a kid. Somoas are tasty too.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Catch up time.....again.

Wed. night I was fired up to do a killer quad workout. I was going for TUT so a lot of reps per set, not a lot of weight though. I did almost puke at 1 point. Good stuff!

BB Squat to Machine Leg Press / Smith Machine Standing Calf Raises - Extra SLOOOOOOOOW Negs.
135 x 12 - *150* x 8 / 135 x 20
135 x 12 - *150* x 8 / 135 x 20
135 x 10 - *150* x 7 / 135 x 20
135 x 8 - *150* x 6 / 135 x 18

In between sets 3 and 4 was where I came close to tossing cookies. No back pumps since I came off the Max-Bulk so squating has been easier. The last set was shakey, but I wanted total quad annihlation. The slow negatives on the calf raises sucked, they burned like crazy after 12 or 13 reps, but my daughter thinks I'm a tough guy so I didn't want to disappoint her. When I was dropping my kids off at daycare on Monday my daughter walked right into my truck door. I picker her up right away expecting to have to console her since it made a pretty good thunk sound. She just rubbed her head and said "I'm not crying daddy, I'm being tough like you". Not sure where she got the idea I'm tough, but I'll run with it. Now I have a persona to keep up for her.....great.

Smith Machine Front Squats / BB Seated Calf Raises
115 x 12 / 195 x 18
115 x 11 / 195 x 18
115 x 10 / 195 x 16

Leg Exts. to Machine Leg Press / Machine Leg Press Calf Raises
*50* x 10 - *130* x 6 / *130* x 15

Burn out: The "Zig Zag"

This is a tactic I would use for conditioning when I was the strength coach for a local high school football team. I did a shorter version but it's still hard.
5 reps BB Squats
10 reps Leg Press Machine Calf Raises
5 reps squats
10 reps Smith Machine Calf Raises
5 reps squats
10 reps Leg Press Machine Calf Raises
5 reps squats
10 reps Smith Machine Calf Raises

This sucked. But I knew my legs were officially fried after.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Last night was chest and traps, and again, focusing on TUT with slow negs., a little bit lower weight, and higher reps.

45 Degree Incline DB Press / DB Bent Over Rows Elbows Out
45s x 15 / 45s x 12
55s x 12 / 55s x 10
60s x 10 / 60s x 8

20 Degree Incline DB Press / BB Bent Over Rows Overhand
60s x 12 / 135 x 8
60s x 10 / 135 x 8
60s x 10 / 135 x 8

Flat Bench DB Press / BB Bent Over Rows Overhand
60s x 12 / 135 x 8
60s x 10 / 135 x 7
60s x 10 / 135 x 6

Another KISS workout, but used the bench to change the exercise and incorporate mechanical advantage into the selection. This really helps you feel your chest as you change the angle. At the end you "feel" every fiber in your chest working to lift those dumbbells.

Pec Deck / DB Reverse Flys - No Rest
*40* x 10 / 15s x 10
*30* x 10 / 15s x 10
*30* x 10 / 15s x 10

On the pec deck I kept my arms out straight and tried to clap my hands together. I feel my chest more doing it that way then putting my hands on the arms of the machine contracting that way. Almost like my front delts are less involved. I may be wrong, but that's at least how it feels.

I finished out with 2 sets of elbows in push ups and could only get 10 reps each. Was a solid workout and I felt pumped up like crazy. Scale this morning has me down to 206 which is disappointing, but hopefully after this ArA/PR-XT run I'll be closer, if not at, 210. My boobies are sore today.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Soreness is pain leaving the body! Wait, what! Nice workouts. Those super sets raise my HR way too high to allow me to do them.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Soreness is pain leaving the body! Wait, what! Nice workouts. Those super sets raise my HR way too high to allow me to do them.
I do them that way to try and make them as close to HIIT as possible. I'm usually huffing and pufing at the end of each set. I have to switch the order of which exercise I do first. And the soreness I was afraid of because of all the reports of severe DOMS I've seen from ArA. But nothing yet. I probably just jinxed myself, but I have only felt normal soreness after really hard sessions. My fuse is still ridiculously short though.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Maybe you just have a short fuse? :newangel:
I used to be really bad. I had a Yosemite Sam temper for a while. Got me into more trouble and more fights than I can count. I've simmered down a lot with age, but it still rears its ugly head sometimes.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In! :p

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yesterday was hamstrings and calves and based on how they feel today I may have gone a little too hard.

RDLs / Machine Press Calf Raises
185 x 12 / *140* x 15
225 x 10 / *140* x 15
295 x 8 / *160* x 12
295 x 6 / *160* x 12

With no more back pill issues I can start hitting the RDLs and SLDLs hard. I used to be able to rep out at 315 so that's my goal on the next couple of months.

Lying Cable Hamstring Curls / Smith Machine Calf Raises
*55* x 10 / 185 x 16
*55* x 10 / 185 x 15
*55* x 9 / 185 x 14

SLDL / Smith Machine Seated Calf Raises
225 x 8 / 175 x 16
225 x 8 / 175 x 16
225 x 7 / 175 x 16

Burn outs:

Assisted Russian Hamstring Curls / Leg Press Calf Raises / Smith Machine Calf Raises, no rest
BW x 6 / *120* x 10 / 125 x 10
BW x 6 / *120* x 10 / 125 x 10
BW x 5 / *120* x 10 / 125 x 10

Definitely had shaky legs, and calves really burned on those last sets.

Giving my kids their baths tonight sucked too. My hamstrings kept reminding me how hard I worked them yesterday.