Mountainman starts his D Pol/Condense Halloween Scare Log

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey Everyone,

My first log here, or ever, so we'll see how this goes.

Thank you to Grambo and Aaron at Purus for this opportunity, and taking pity on me for my story.

I'll be logging D-Pol and Condense Island Punch.

Stats: 11/11/13

6'1"
198 lbs.
12% BF
35 yrs. Old

Finished a 4 week stack of Tropinal (original), Revolution Black, C4, and AMS Arom-x 2 weeks ago so I should be able to give this log a fair shake. My first workout will be back and bis in the morning. The majority of my workouts are strength based maxing out at 5-6 reps and mostly compound movements. My accessory work tends to be in the 8-10 rep range for size, but size is secondary at the moment. I have a well put together home gym that my wife and I have put together over the years. I have adjustable benches, a Smith machine, barbells, dumbells with plenty of weights, a gym quality universal machine, plus other small things along with my wife's cardio equipment. Don't have all the things I want, but enough to kick my butt on a daily basis.

Again, thank you Aaron and Grambo, and I'll log my first day tomorrow.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 1

Alarm at 3:50 a.m., weighed after morning drain, 200 lbs, D-pol/Condense pre mixed the night before chugged by 3:59. I also added a 1/2 scoop of bcaas and a 1/3 scoop of protein, and 2 grams kre-alkalyn which I have been doing for a while in all my PWO so shouldn't affect my overall log of this stack. At 4:10 I have the full BA tingle and flush going on so out to the home gym I go.

Warm up with 20 light reps of wide grip pull downs, then 15 light bent over reverse Flys. One more round of warm ups and start to notice more vascularity than normal at this point. Time more for the working sets.

Bent over reverse Flys super setted with D handle pull downs, shuttle runs after each set, 60 seconds rest:
15 lbs. 10 reps / 120 lbs. 9 reps
20 lbs. 7 reps / 140 lbs. 7 reps
25 lbs. 5 reps / 170 lbs. 5 reps

Vascularity at this point is better than I've ever had. This is my first product containing betaine which I think accounts for the visibility of the veins all over my forearms. Next up:

Bent over barbell rows, medium overhand grip super setted with "skier" pull downs. Shuttle runs with 10 pound dumbells after each set, 75 seconds rest.

135 lbs. 8 reps / 50 lbs. 7 reps
155 lbs. 6 reps / 60 lbs. 6 reps
165 lbs. 5 reps (+1 cheat rep) / 60 lbs 5 reps

My lats and traps are on fire and feel like they are stretching my shirt apart. Definitely feeling a better pump than I did at any point with C4, or the tub of Flashover I used before that.

1 more super set, since I'm running out of time. Under hand low pulley cable rows super setted with suitcase rows with 45 lbs. plates, then incline dumbbell curls, 30 second rest.

140 lbs. 5 reps / 45 lbs. 5 reps / 25 lbs. 7 reps for all 3 sets.

At the end of my workout I have more gas in the tank than usual.
Looks like I'll be pushing my self a little harder next time around. Back in the house my wife is up and mentions how "veiny" I look, good sign.

Over all for my first day, a pretty good start for a new pre workout. Better than others I've run. Still, only the first day so well have to see, but I like the potential for extra pushing during my workouts. The taste was good, and mixed no problem. No grit what so ever at the bottom of my bottle.

Tomorrow is an off day and Thursday is my power volleyball league, so my next log will be either Friday or Saturday.

Thanks for reading.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
1st. Enjoy.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
4AM..... Brutal
Yeah, but after 2 years of that you get used to it. 6 a.m. seems like sleeping in now these days. Having a family is a killer, that's for sure.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Last night was Power Volleyball League night, and I had never used a PWO on league night. I figured since I was logging Condense this would be a good chance to test it out in a different realm than it is normally used. I mixed 4 scoops into 20 ozs. of water and would drink 2 ounces before each match. I now have a new ritual: Condense before playing, every time.

Warming up didn't take as long, especially my legs for jumping. Warming up my shoulder for hitting was faster and I had less shoulder pain at the end of the night from the increased circulation keepig my shoulder warm. Always a bonus in my book. I also felt like I was jumping higher and hitting harder. Could be a placebo effect, but I pasted a 31 off a middle blockers face pretty hard, and I haven't done that since college. My court vision when hitting also seemed a little sharper. I had an easier time finding the floor last night.

I will certainly be using Condense for all my athletic activities from now on.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Last night was Power Volleyball League night, and I had never used a PWO on league night. I figured since I was logging Condense this would be a good chance to test it out in a different realm than it is normally used. I mixed 4 scoops into 20 ozs. of water and would drink 2 ounces before each match. I now have a new ritual: Condense before playing, every time.

Warming up didn't take as long, especially my legs for jumping. Warming up my shoulder for hitting was faster and I had less shoulder pain at the end of the night from the increased circulation keepig my shoulder warm. Always a bonus in my book. I also felt like I was jumping higher and hitting harder. Could be a placebo effect, but I pasted a 31 off a middle blockers face pretty hard, and I haven't done that since college. My court vision when hitting also seemed a little sharper. I had an easier time finding the floor last night.

I will certainly be using Condense for all my athletic activities from now on.
Good stuff, glad to see condense being used in different ways.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 3 (technically day 2 but I consider my league night day 2.)

Leg power and calves

Alarm at 5:30, chug down my PWO heat out to the garage to warm up. I usually take longer to warm up my legs vs. my upper body since my knees are achy and creaking beyond their years.

Warm up: 5 mins incline treadmill, 5 mins stair master, 5 mins jump rope.

After my warm up my heart it beating pretty well, and my vascularity is decent, even before doning any real work. I truly feel this being my first product containing betaine is the major contributor. My power days consist of heavy weights, performing contractions as quickly as possible with a very slow and and controlled eccentric.

Deadlift/ Machine leg press calf raises
135 x 8 / 110 x 15
225 x 6 / 130 x 15
295 x 5 / 150 x 12
345 x 3 / 170 x 12
365 x 1 / 180 x 10
375 x 1 (PR) / 180 x 8
Attempted 385 = no go

I was feeling pretty good, and felt real good about hitting my pr at 375. It wasn't easy, but I felt I could go heavier. I got 385 about 3 or 4 inches off the ground and couldn't budge it any further. I was frustrated by it, but next time around I'll change up my sets and weight scheme to try and hit 385 next time. I feel the Condense/D-pol combo was a driving force behind the extra push.

Smith machine front squats / Smith machine calf raises

135 x 6 ASG / 205 X 12
145 x 6 ASG / 205 X 11
165 x 5 ASG 165 x 5 @ 3/4 reps / 205 X 10

I was almost able to jump don't front squats on the Smith machine which I normally need a little lighter weight for. So far today has been a stronger day overall.

Power cleans straight to flat foot calf raises

155 x 6 + 8
155 x 6 + 8
155 x 6 + 8

If you haven't tried this combo, give it a shot. After your set of power cleans let the bar hang and try to knock out as many calf raise reps add possible. After the calf work during cleans going straight raises is a killer and your calves get a serious pump as well.

Overall, great workout. I felt strong throughout and probably could have done more, but when the wife texts saying the kids are up and both in a mood it kind of cuts things short. So far though I'm really digging this stack.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Day 4

Chest and shoulders

5:45, and Condense/D-pol down the hatch. After an early bed time and just more than 8 hours of sleep I'm wide awake and feeling pretty good.

Warm ups were better than usual and I was able to warm up a little heavier than normal.

Flat bench press / lateral raises
135 x 6 / 15 x 10
185 x 4 / 20 x 8
225 x 3 / 25 x 7
225 x 2, 205 x 2 / 25 x 6, 20 x 4
I was going to try for a 3rd rep at 225 on my final set but since I don't have any one to spot me I didn't want to risk anything.

Incline Flys / Overhead press
20 x 8 / 105 x 8
25 x 7 / 105 x 7
30 x 6 / 105 x 6

Incline DB press to flat DB press / Low cable lateral raises. Lateral raise scheme is reps on right side then left, back to right for half the reps, then left again for half.

50s x 6, 6 / 10 x 6, 6, 3, 3
55s x 6, 5 / 12.5 x 5, 5, 3, 3
60s x 6, 5 / 12.5 x 4, 4, 2, 2
I was able to get more reps than planned on the presses, but I maxed out my weights I can put on the dumbells. Need to get more 10# plates apparently.

Dips / 45# plate front raises ladder
6 / 6
5 / 5
4 / 4
3 / 3
2 / 2
1 / 1
2 sets of those ladders and I'm toast. After going back inside, both of my kids are up and I get inspired. I have both of them, my 40# 4 yr. old and 30# 1-1/2 yr. old, sit on my back and knock out 10 push ups. NOW I'm toast. But good Lord is my chest pumped up. My wife asks if I need to borrow a bra to support my oversized Chest. Getting ready to take a shower I notice veins in my chest that weren't previously there. This stack is working better and better.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I should probably note that on my off days I'm still taking D-pol in the a.m. And that stuff tastes pretty good on its own. Best way to take DAA by far.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Glad it's going well so far. Keep us filled in on what you notice!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Vascularity has been out of control. My forearms look pumped all the time now. We were at dinner with some friends last night and my friend's wife is a nurse. The first thing she said to any of us after we sat and took our jackets off was to me: "Good lord! Do you give blood a lot cuz those veins are JUICY!" A little awkward, but also validation. Also starting to notice a some test sides. I always get a little crabby on test boosters and my fuse gets shorter. This morning getting my kids ready for school really started to test my patience, more than it should have. I unfortunately made my daughter cry, which I aplogized for, but it shows I'm getting the boost.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Vascularity has been out of control. My forearms look pumped all the time now. We were at dinner with some friends last night and my friend's wife is a nurse. The first thing she said to any of us after we sat and took our jackets off was to me: "Good lord! Do you give blood a lot cuz those veins are JUICY!" A little awkward, but also validation. Also starting to notice a some test sides. I always get a little crabby on test boosters and my fuse gets shorter. This morning getting my kids ready for school really started to test my patience, more than it should have. I unfortunately made my daughter cry, which I aplogized for, but it shows I'm getting the boost.
Be careful with your daughter...
Either way d-pol is no joke; It'll defiantly help get you where you need to be in this game.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
How are things going?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Time to play some catch up. Work has been insane, busiest November in 3 years, and family life has been nuts.

Back Day

A little on the colder side in the a.m., 38 degrees to be exact but working out in cold weather seems to make my workouts more productive and efficient. Probably due to the fact my body doesn't have to work to keep my body temp normalized.

After chugging my stack, I mentally go thru my workout, which seems to be easier than before I started Condense, I also have noticed I'm a little sharper at work as well. Certainly never a bad thing.

After warm ups, which I was able to go alittle heavier on than last back workout, it's time to jump into my strength work. One of my favorite exercises to start with on back lately is D handle pull ups, but I constructed my own D handle set up with plumbing pipe parts. I was able to make the grips wider than a typical D handle which helps increase range of motion. Not much, but enough extra so that I really feel my lats working through the motion more.

D handle pull up superset with bent over reverse flys, shuttle runs after each set, 60 seconds rest:
8 reps / 20 lbs. 9 reps
7 reps / 20 lbs. 7 reps
6 reps / 20 lbs. 5 reps

I used to max out at 6 reps on these pull ups so feeling pretty good about 2 extra reps

Vascularity in my arms is great, and my biceps feel bigger. They probably aren't but they sure feel like it.

Bent over barbell rows, medium overhand grip super setted with "skier" pull downs. Shuttle runs with 10 pound dumbells after each set, 75 seconds rest.

135 lbs. 8 reps / 50 lbs. 7 reps
155 lbs. 6 reps / 60 lbs. 6 reps
165 lbs. 5 reps (+1 cheat rep) / 60 lbs 5 reps

Mechanical Advantage Drop set pull ups, chin up to d handle to pull up. As many reps as possible with each grip, no rest in between. Superset with bent over shrugs with 225#:

6, 3, 2 / 10 reps.
6, 2, 2 / 10 reps.
5, 2, 1 / 10 reps.

I'm cooked but my back feels like it's ready to split my skin open. My biceps are on fire, and I can watch my pulse beating on their surface. So far D-pol/Condense is living up to the hype and reviews. Tommy likey.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Glad you like it man! Let's see what next week brings shall we?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
"You wake up late for school and you don't want to go!".

Slept right through my alarm, but still woke up in time to get in a quick workout, but since I went right to warming up and lift directly after drinking my D-pol/Condense plus, i had a solid experience that really drove home how well it trully works. I started out my chest and shoulder workout like normal:

Flat bench press / lateral raises
135 x 6 / 15 x 10
185 x 4 / 20 x 8
225 x 3 / 25 x 7
225 x 2, 205 x 2 / 25 x 6, 20 x 4

Incline Flys / Overhead press
20 x 8 / 105 x 8

This is the point when I felt the "kick in". Weights and reps up, and I felt my chest and shoulders like every nerve had been turned on. This was the first time I had a PWO hit me mid workout, but it had a significant effect on my workout.
30 x 8 / 125 x 7
35 x 6 / 135 x 6

Incline DB press to flat DB press / Low cable lateral raises.

50s x 7, 7 / 10 x 6, 6, 3, 3
55s x 7, 7 / 12.5 x 5, 5, 3, 3
60s x 6, 6 / 12.5 x 4, 4, 2, 2

Dips / 45# plate front raises ladder
8 / 8
7 / 7
6 / 6
5 / 5
4 / 4
3 / 3
2 / 2
1 / 1

Given the drive and intensity that I got from the mid workout kick I was still able to get in a full workout and with some shorter rest times between sets I was able to get a chest splitting pump. Almost painful, but a good pain.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Woke up and after my "morning constitution" I jump on the scale and I'm up to 201. 2 lbs. in 2 weeks? And LBM? Could be. I haven't been tracking my weight to this point but I think it's time to start really keeping track.

Last night was league night, and it was finals. I'm the only person I know of in the league, which is 12 teams, a total of about 100 people all together, that uses a PWO before and during play, and I feel like it shows. I'm one of very few people who gets winded during long rallies, I am able to maintain my maximum jump height longer into the night, and my mental focus seems to never waiver. Condense really helped me stay razor sharp last night. I felt like I had better court vision when hitting, I was able to read hitters a lot better while blocking, and I made faster dicissions on defense. I was invited to be the starting middle for our Vermont team at New England regionals, you better believe Condense is going with me.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Hey Kids,

It's been a while since I was last able to post. Work has been crazier than usual, had to let a couple guys go, and my wife has been called away for military training so it's been myself with our 3 kids. Working out has been nearly impossible. But as soon as I can get back to the iron I will start posting again.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Hey Kids,

It's been a while since I was last able to post. Work has been crazier than usual, had to let a couple guys go, and my wife has been called away for military training so it's been myself with our 3 kids. Working out has been nearly impossible. But as soon as I can get back to the iron I will start posting again.
Sure thing. Are you still taking the products?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sure thing. Are you still taking the products?
I've been using the D-Pol everyday. I think the "delivery system" in D-Pol is more effective than just taking straight DAA. I've cycled DAA before and seen/felt results, but with D-Pol I'm still noticing more vascularity, I'm also getting a tiny bit of back acne which I barely got even when I was younger. A good indication to me it's working. Nothing major, just a few random spots here and there. Being 35 I know my test levels are dropping so the increased production may having an increased effect since my receptors haven't seen this much test in a little while.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Wifey is back AZ. training!! Woohoo! Back to training.

Since volleyball is on the back burner until tournament season starts I can go back to my normal leg training split: Quads/Calves one day, Hams/Calves the next leg day.

Squats/Seated Barbell Caf Raises

135 x 15 / 145 x 20
165 x 10 / 165 x 18
175 x 8 / 165 x 16
175 x 8 / 165 x 16

Patellar tendonitis is still a constant dull ache but not so bad since vball season went on hiatus 2 weeks ago. Kept me from full ROM and it's been a while since I squatted instead of DL so I backed off on the weight a bit.

Leg Extensions/Leg Press Calf Raises

60 x 15 / 200 x 12 - 30 seconds rest
70 x 14 / 210 x 12 - 30 seconds rest
80 x 12 / 210 x 10

Rapid fire extensions after squats has my quads on fire and bulging with blood. As I said, been a while since I trained legs the way I like so this pump is ridiculous, LOVE IT! The Condense/D-Pol PWO has made this pump in my legs better than I had with other PWOs no doubt.

Leg Press/Seated Calf Raises/Smith Machine Calf Raises

Full stack on leg press is 280# and according to the weight differential chart is supposed to equal 800# in percieved weight. Not entirely sure that is the case, but no way for me to tell at the moment so we'll just go with 280# for now.

280 x 15 / 185 x 10 / 135 x 10
280 x 12 / 185 x 10 / 135 x 10
280 x 10 / 185 x 10 / 135 x 10

Legs are shaking pretty good, but my calves feel like they are about to pop out of my legs. Phew! That's toight!

Overall a good workout, and I feel the Condense gave me some serious focus to push through some tough sets. We'll see how next quad day goes so I can compare. For now though I'm going to go spend the next few days being sore.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Back and Shoulder day, and fired up after tinkering with my equipment in order to do Meadow rows.

Meadow Rows/DB Shoulder Press

50 x 15 / 45 x 12
65 x 11 / 55 x 8
70 x 10 / 55 x 8
80 x 8 / 55 x 7

Anyone who has never done Meadow rows should ABSOLUTELY try them. I've done all kinds of variations of rows with all kinds of grips, and these are my new favorite by far. Not only is the range of motion increased, but the angular motion seams almost designed for lat work. My lats are on fire, and PUMPED. The only thing to watch for is making sure your line up angle is the same from side to side. I tried using a line on the floor between rubber floor mats and that helped keep me "symmetrical". Plus, Meadow rows help with forearm work since you're using the thick end of a bar. Good stuff.

Bent Over Underhand Grip Rows/Lateral Raises/Stairs 3 times up and down w/ 60 secs. rest

135 x 10 / 15 x 10
155 x 6 / 20 x 8
155 x 5 / 25 x 7
165 x 3, 205 x 2 / 25 x 6, 20 x 4

"Skier" Pull Downs/35# Plate Front raises w/ 30 secs. rest

55 x 12 / 35 x 12
65 x 12 / 35 x 10
75 x 10 / 35 x 8, 5 secs. rest, 2 more reps

My weights are on the skier oull downs, def. something I attribute to the stack. And my back very much at capacity with blood. Lats seems to be pushing my arms out sideways.

Monster Set Time
Chin Ups/D Handle Straight Bar Pull Downs/Lateral Raises/Barbell Shoulder Press: 45 secs. rest
6 / 145 x 6 / 15 x 10 / 6 x 115
5 / 145 x 6 / 15 x 8 / 5 x 115
4 / 145 x 5 / 15 x 7 / 4 x 115

Torched, fried, cooked, beaten and bloodied after those monster sets, but my whole upper body is swollen and pumped beyond belief. It almost hurts. This stack has been an awesome addition to my regimine. This was my last dose of D-Pol so I won't be able to stack them, but I do know that I'll be using the 2 combined in the future for sure. My next post here will be for the links to my reviews for these products.

Aaron and Grambo, thank you so much for this oppotunity. I hope you consider me in the future for other logs.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
Thanks for the review.