Formutech Level II mini-log

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
First off, I would like to thank Formutech for supplying me with a 10 day sample of their newest pre-workout/thermogenic. This will be my first experience with anything made by Formutech, but after looking through the profile, I am very intrigued and excited to get this underway.

Current stats: 24 years old 6'3 220 lbs ~12-14% bf

Diet: As of two weeks ago, I entered back into Ketosis. I do a Targeted Keto Diet, with my only carb intake being pre and post workout. I'm eating right around maintenance, if not a little under.

Training: I do not follow a set training split, but rather work off a rotation, with an off day thrown in every 5-6 days. My lift days include: chest/tris, back/bis, shoulders, legs, arms. I also do morning cardio/core/strech 2-3 a week fasted in the morning.

Current supplements: multi, fish oils, CLA, PWO Whey, BCAA's, Creatine mono, ZMA. Before Level II arrived, i was using Applied Nutriceuticals LIt up (really cheap off of supplementwarehouse, and actually a decent profile)

Later today I will be hitting arms and will report back on my first dose of Level II.

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In like, well....whatever is in these days!

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
Level II. This stuff is incredible. It smacks you in the face. I ll be watching this log. Wanna see the response people have. I think this is by far one of the most hard hitting products hitting the market. I remember when oxy elite pro came out I was highly impressed and I am feeling this way about Level II.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Dose 1

initial thoughts... damn, wish I was given more then just ten servings, but seriously, I was very impressed.

mix-ability: 10/10
only used 10 ounce of water and it mixed right up, no chunks

Taste: 8/10
I don't sip on anything besides my BCAA, so I never get to really savor any flavored drink, but with that being said, it definitely did not taste bad and kind of had a hint grape Koolaid. The one thing that was kind of strange, but not bothersome, was the instant sensation of warmth that ran down my throat.
Energy: 9/10
It didn't make me jump out of my seat, but it had a nice gradual incline. I was very tired today, didn't sleep great last night and did morning cardio. So, I was a little whooped, but Level II wiped that slate clean. Took it about 25 minutes before I began lifting and about 10 minutes into the workout I felt completely awake and found myself almost rushing through my workout and hitting the weights hard.

Pump/volumization: 7/10
This seemed to a take a little longer through the workout before I felt any significant pump, but towards the second half of the workout and even after I felt about 20 lbs bigger then what I am.

Strength: N/A
Its hard for me to say with just this one workout if this help out with strength, I didn't lift any heavier then what I normally would, but I was definitely able to push through a few more reps then normal. I had a few more carbs preworkout then normal and that very well could be the reason, but this is something I will report more on through the course of this log.

Thermogenic effect: 10/10

Like previously stated, from the initial sip, I could feel a warming sensation. I usually workout with a hoodie on for the first half of my lifts. Well, that changed quickly, After my second set of my first exercise I was already sweating, and i usually don't sweat that much as is. The hoodie had to come off.

After effects: 9/10

its been 2 1/2 since ending my workout and there has been no crash, No jitters, but definitely a giggity feeling, felt liking talking to people more then normal.

Final initial thoughts: There are very few preworkouts that I have felt the need to only take one scoop, and now I have another to add to the list. I am very tolerate to stims, and didn't know if one was going to be enough, but it was. I wouldn't even think of taking an additional scoop.
Tomorrow is a cardio only day, Wednesday is my next lift day (back/bis) and I am looking forward to having my second dose.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Dose 2

Due to a scheduling conflict, I bumped my back workout to today and scratched bis bc I worked them yesterday.
Sleep was normal last night and woke up just fine ready to go with my cardio session.
Dose #2 went just as well as dose #1. I didn't feel the same initial warming sensation as the first, but within 10 minutes on the car ride to the gym, I noticed my heart rate increase and my body warm up.

Energy and focus was on point today and once again I felt my self attacking the weights with a purpose. I also was sweating more then usual.
Overall, this was one of my better back workout that I've had in a while.
It's now been two hours since the end of my workout an there has been no crash. One scoop has been perfect and feel no need to increase the dosage.
Tomorrow I'll be hitting legs (heavy squats) can't wait to see how much I sweat tomorrow.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Dose 3

Last nights leg workout wasn't the greatest, but I was still able to get a decent pump and am awfully sore today. Not too much more to report on Level II, it played its part just fine and I once again was sweating by just getting under the bar. Definitely can feel my body temperature increase while using this.

One thing I would like to note, is that I am impressed by the fact that there is no crash and it has yet to effect my sleep at all. Last nights workout was later then usual and I thought that it could have been possible to keep me up later, but everything was normal. I hit my pillow and it was lights out.

Tonight I have shoulders. Till next time!

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Keep on killing it.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Sorry Guys, been out of town and very busy, but still found time to hit the gym.

Level II has been the same for me... A great product.

Tomorrow I'll be back to a normal routine and plan on upping it to 1.5 dose just for experimental purposes. I still feel that one is all that is needed, but we'll see.

Brucega

Brucega

Board Sponsor
Awards
I appreciate you logging this. I do want to point out that Level II is a super thermogenic and not what we categorize as a PWO. If you are looking for hard hitting energy with some serious sweating this will do the trick. I would think any pump would be because of focus. We feel there will be several people stacking this from time to time with Volatile when they want more energy rush!! Thanks again

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
^thanks, and I meant to mention earlier in the log, that even though Level II is not intended as a PWO, that's how I'd be using it. The main component I personally look for in any PWO is the energy. Level II has done a great job with that.

Well, before yesterday's workout, I went ahead and tried a 1.5 scoop dose and its safe to say that I will not be attempting to ever push past that mark with this product. This was definitely my threshold. Not that I ever felt too uncomfortable, but there were a few moments during my workout that I felt very flushed and even seemed a little red in the face, but it did not hinder my workout.

I only have a few more doses left, my next post I'll write a full review and any final thoughts I have, but as of right now Level II has my two thumbs up.
Till next time!

drewsicle3210

drewsicle3210

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I appreciate you logging this. I do want to point out that Level II is a super thermogenic and not what we categorize as a PWO. If you are looking for hard hitting energy with some serious sweating this will do the trick. I would think any pump would be because of focus. We feel there will be several people stacking this from time to time with Volatile when they want more energy rush!! Thanks again
Hmmm, very interesting.

bigbruiser739

bigbruiser739

Awards
  • Established
Final Thoughts

I am very pleased with having the opportunity to log Level II. Kudos to Formutech for developing a quality thermogenic. Looking back at my initial reveiew, I still hold the same opinions.

When this hits the shelves I will buying some.,

double s

double s

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Love to hear this. Thank you for your honesty

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
subb

TheSwanks

TheSwanks

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Dose 1

initial thoughts... damn, wish I was given more then just ten servings, but seriously, I was very impressed.

I don't sip on anything besides my BCAA, so I never get to really savor any flavored drink, but with that being said, it definitely did not taste bad and kind of had a hint grape Koolaid. The one thing that was kind of strange, but not bothersome, was the instant sensation of warmth that ran down my throat.
It didn't make me jump out of my seat, but it had a nice gradual incline. I was very tired today, didn't sleep great last night and did morning cardio. So, I was a little whooped, but Level II wiped that slate clean. Took it about 25 minutes before I began lifting and about 10 minutes into the workout I felt completely awake and found myself almost rushing through my workout and hitting the weights hard.

This seemed to a take a little longer through the workout before I felt any significant pump, but towards the second half of the workout and even after I felt about 20 lbs bigger then what I am.

Its hard for me to say with just this one workout if this help out with strength, I didn't lift any heavier then what I normally would, but I was definitely able to push through a few more reps then normal. I had a few more carbs preworkout then normal and that very well could be the reason, but this is something I will report more on through the course of this log.

Like previously stated, from the initial sip, I could feel a warming sensation. I usually workout with a hoodie on for the first half of my lifts. Well, that changed quickly, After my second set of my first exercise I was already sweating, and i usually don't sweat that much as is. The hoodie had to come off.

its been 2 1/2 since ending my workout and there has been no crash, No jitters, but definitely a giggity feeling, felt liking talking to people more then normal.

Final initial thoughts: There are very few preworkouts that I have felt the need to only take one scoop, and now I have another to add to the list. I am very tolerate to stims, and didn't know if one was going to be enough, but it was. I wouldn't even think of taking an additional scoop.
Tomorrow is a cardio only day, Wednesday is my next lift day (back/bis) and I am looking forward to having my second dose.
Final Thoughts

I am very pleased with having the opportunity to log Level II. Kudos to Formutech for developing a quality thermogenic. Looking back at my initial reveiew, I still hold the same opinions.

When this hits the shelves I will buying some.,
Well everyone really seemed to love it so far!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Dose 1

very nice!!!