Gotta get my FIXX -- with a twist...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to Advance Muscle Science, I was selected to run a bottle of Joint Fixx.

joint-fixx-2.jpg

One of the first things I noticed is bright yellow pills. Funny thing is, on the label it shows purple pills. Obviously no big deal - just an observation. The bottle contains 60 capsules, enough for 30 days. At only 2 pills per day, this stuff must be good. We shall soon see...

A quick note about me...
I'm pretty much an amateur powerlifter. I've been competing for the past 3 years and have set a few records here and there. I lift hard and put a ton of stress on my body in my attempts to get much stronger. At 34 years old and 244lbs, I do have some joint issues (stiffness and soreness) but I push through them. I'm hoping Joint Fixx alleviates some of these issues.

The 'twist'...
I am currently running a cycle of superdrol, 20/30/30/30. As with most anabolics, dry joints are just part of the cycle. I'll keep you posted as to how my joints feel throughout the cycle.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just different capsules is all.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
In to see how this works for you while on cycle.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Some additional info:

As for current supplements, I am taking Animal Pak, fish oil/omega complex, Organ Shield, Cycle Support, vitamin D3, whey, and whatever PWO I choose for the day. I've mentioned in a previous post that I'm currently on superdrol, and now, Joint Fixx.

My diet consists of basically whatever I want to eat - within reason, of course. If I had it my way I'd probably live at Hooters and eat wings on a daily basis. I will have what some call 'cheat meals' sometimes but I eat a lot of lean meats, fresh fruits and veggies, and whole grain complex carbs. Hey, I'm a powerlifter, not a blatant fatass. I consume a ton of dairy and have no problem doing so. I've also succeeded in tripling my water bill recently from refilling my water bottle all day (ok, so that's an over exaggeration; point is, I drink a ton of water).

My training is very instinctual but I embed aspects of Westside, 5/3/1, and Coan in my training methods. I will post my lifts and numbers for the duration of this log. I am a high school strength coach so I have the key to the weight room (10 full racks with platforms, 20 Olympic bars, all the weight anyone needs for gaining ungodly amounts of strength - see below for a pic) and full control of the loud, mind-thumping music played during training sessions.

Dreadnaught gym.jpg

My goals are simple: get as strong as possible. I consider myself an amateur powerlifter because I am nowhere near elite numbers. Regardless, I'm going to get strong, remain strong, and die strong. Life is too short to be small and pathetically weak.

TheBGRigatoni

TheBGRigatoni

Awards
  • Established
In for follow

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, not bad for a high school, huh?
That's just a great overall pic. All that weight equipment foreshadowing the championship banners. That pic makes a BIG statement.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Yesterday's training session was quick. I had some friends in town and, since my family and I were going to visit them, I did what I could in a limited amount of time.

warm-up

Power cleans
95 x 8
135 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 6
225 x 6
225 x 6

Hang cleans

135 x 6
225 x 6
225 x 6

Front squats

135 x 12
225 x 8
275 x 8
275 x 6

I did some sets of Keystone deads to stretch and and some quick mobility work to finish. The weightroom was sweltering hot (because I did not turn the air on - did it on purpose) so warm-ups didn't take too long. I just tried to get as must valuable work in as possible in the time I had. It wasn't my heavy day so the weights were kept lighter.

Since I started Joint Fixx on Monday I haven't felt a difference in joint soreness or stiffness. I know it'll take a little time. I'm patient.... and looking forward to results!

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
That's just a great overall pic. All that weight equipment foreshadowing the championship banners. That pic makes a BIG statement.
We've added 2 more banners since that pic was taken. ;) I am truly humbled to be a part of a coaching staff with so much amazing history.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Today's training session was OK. I didn't train in the usual gym (pictured in a previous post); instead, I went to one of the local powerlifting gyms where chalk and loud music are not only allowed but encouraged. Here's how it went today:

Bench

bar x whatever
135 x 12
135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 0 (slid on bench)
405 x 2
405 x 2
365 x 5 (slid on first rep)
135 x 40

I did some sets of face pulls to focus on scapular retraction, then did some log presses (yes, with the strongman logs). I worked up to the big log (about 190-200lbs) and did a set of 6 reps. Log presses are a totally different animal than overhead presses with the barbell.

My wrists were bothering me during warm-up sets of bench but felt better once I added more weight. The benches at the gym were really slick and I slid on my heavier sets. It really threw me off on my first 405 set to the point I couldn't get a single rep. I took my shirt off for the next 2 sets. I should have kept my shirt off for my 365 set because I slid again on the first rep, making the rest of the reps feel awkward. Oh well.

I have yet to feel the effects of Joint Fixx but I know this isn't some miracle supp where I'm going to feel perfect in a matter of hours. I'll continue to keep you posted...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I visited a friend on the west coast of FL yesterday and we trained at the gym at a condo facility there. I was the youngest guy in the gym by 30 years (seriously) and they did have a couple Olympic bars and plenty of plates. Most of the other stuff there was cardio-related or old-folks-rehab equipment (the kind of machines I'll probably be training with someday). I decided to pull deads just for fun; I wondered if anyone had ever pulled in that gym ever before. After a decent warm-up, I did:

Deadlifts

135 x 10
135 x 8
225 x 6
275 x 6
315 x 6
405 x 6
495 x 5
495 x 4

Keystone deads (light, focus on eccentric motion)

135 x 12
135 x 12
135 x 10
135 x 10

I did pull-throughs to finish. I also messed around with some TRX straps that were hanging on a machine and did some ab work. I kept it a light, simple day because my main concern was hitting the beach - not gonna lie.

As I've stated in previous posts, I haven't really felt much of a difference while on Joint Fixx as of yet. However, I am not noticing some of the lingering dull aches the day after training. Maybe the Fixx is starting to kick in. Maybe I'm imagining things. Time will tell...

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man I'd love to be hitting the Fl beaches right now.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Training on Monday was mediocre at best. Today, however, was decent.

Front squats

95 x 12
135 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 6
315 x 3
335 x 3
225 x 12

I did some walking lunges (weight overhead) and GHRs to finish. GHRs are the best (and worst) bodyweight exercise. They are straight from the depths of hell but the work. I left some front squats in the tank on each set but it was still a productive day.

I had a ton of enegy despite mowing the lawn until the rain became to intense before training. I felt good all-around today.

As a side note: my weight is up to 248.0lbs.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
A couple more quick side notes...

Some things I have noticed within the past few days:
= increased appetite (absolutely insatiable desire for more food)
= increase in body weight
= increased thirst (I cannot seem to get enough water)
= increased aggression in the gym
= increase in muscle fullness
= decrease in residual joint soreness

The SD has started rockin' for me. I have had no negative sides at all since bumping the dosage to 30mg/day beginning on Monday. I also believe Joint Fixx has kicked in and is doing its job. I can't wait until the 4 week trial is over so I can feel the full effects of Joint Fixx. If it remains effective, AMS will have another loyal customer.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Good stuff and you're strong as hell.
Thanks, but strength is relative and I am feeling relatively weak at this point in my training. That WILL change...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
It's been humid as sh!t here lately so I sweat withut doing anything. It actually helps my joints stay warm so I can't complain too much. Today's training session was good. I wanted to work some supramaximal weight on bench so I decided to do some negatives.

Bench

bar x a bunch
135 x 12
135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 5
315 x 3
365 x 1
405 x 1
415 x 1
455 x 1 (negative)
455 x 1 (negative)
455 x 1 (negative)

Face pulls, rear delt flyes, and tricep extensions with bands finished things off. I could have easily hit a double or triple on 405. 415 actually felt better but I stuck with singles. The negatives took about 12-15 seconds each (one guy took videos with his phone). They were brutal. I'm glad I don't do them all the time, but they're awesome to throw into a training session now and then.

My joints felt great today with the exception of my wrists. I don't know why but my wrists have been sore. Nothing major; I'll work through it. My shoulders even felt great - that's rare. Hurray for Joint Fixx!

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I just got finished mowing the lawn. About 10 minutes in I could feel a crazy back pump coming on. A few short minutes later it was tolerable but definately not pleasant. Back pumps suck, but my joints are feeling decent...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I just heard this song this week and thought I'd share...

[video=youtube;e20e9-bTg6M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e20e9-bTg6M[/video]

Absolutely B-A-D-A-S-S!!!!!!

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Checked my weight today prior to training: 252.2lbs. Gained 8lbs in 2 weeks...

Deadlifts today. Nothing crazy - just lifted.

Deads

135 x 8
135 x 6
225 x 8
315 x 6
405 x 6
455 x 6
495 x 6
545 x 2

Barbell Rows

135 x 12
185 x10
225 x 10
275 x 7
275 x 6

I finished with 4 sets of GHRs. Kept it simple. My lower back was sore and didn't feel right when I was pulling. The heavier the weight got the better it felt, but it still had an impact today - no doubt.

Even with the tropical storm and rainy, crappy conditions here my joints still feel decent. The real test is getting out of bed in the morning and I haven't had the stiffness and soreness in my joints as bad as I usually do. Joint Fixx seems to be doing its job.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Question for the AMS reps:

Would taking more than the recommended dose of Joint Fixx have any added benefits? I am taking 2 a day, one morning one evening. If a 3rd pill were to be tossed in the mix would it make a difference? I do not plan on doing so on this run, but I figured I'd ask for future reference.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Question for the AMS reps:

Would taking more than the recommended dose of Joint Fixx have any added benefits? I am taking 2 a day, one morning one evening. If a 3rd pill were to be tossed in the mix would it make a difference? I do not plan on doing so on this run, but I figured I'd ask for future reference.
The research on ASU did not find any improvement with a higher daily dose. But that was ASU alone and did not include hyaluronic acid and curcumin. Hard to say really. I haven't had a need to ever bump to 3 caps and ive been using it months now.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
The research on ASU did not find any improvement with a higher daily dose. But that was ASU alone and did not include hyaluronic acid and curcumin. Hard to say really. I haven't had a need to ever bump to 3 caps and ive been using it months now.
Thanks for the response. I've only been on Joint Fixx for a bit more than 2 weeks so its nice to have someone who has run it for a while chime in.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Upper day. I planned on keeping it light so I might go crazy on Saturday with bench but the more I lifted the better I felt. It was hot in the weight room and that helped my joints stay loose.

Overhead press

bar x a lot
95 x 12
135 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 6
185 x 4
225 x 5
225 x 6
135 x 25

I also did some reverse grip lat pulldowns and face pulls, concentrating on scapular retraction.

My shoulders were screaming at me while I was doing presses today. I don't think I've ever had a feeling like that working shoulders. It was more a deep muscle burn that just kept on (no joint pain or discomfort). Finishing with 135 for 25 reps did not help. I was not happy with just 6 reps of 225 but there's always next time.

It was still a good day. Two of the guys I train hit PRs on squats. Another just started a Coan deadlift program and is progressing nicely.

My joints are still feeling decent. Joint Fixx certainly isn't a cure-all (nothing ever is), but it works.

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Upper day. I planned on keeping it light so I might go crazy on Saturday with bench but the more I lifted the better I felt. It was hot in the weight room and that helped my joints stay loose.

Overhead press

bar x a lot
95 x 12
135 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 6
185 x 4
225 x 5
225 x 6
135 x 25

I also did some reverse grip lat pulldowns and face pulls, concentrating on scapular retraction.

My shoulders were screaming at me while I was doing presses today. I don't think I've ever had a feeling like that working shoulders. It was more a deep muscle burn that just kept on (no joint pain or discomfort). Finishing with 135 for 25 reps did not help. I was not happy with just 6 reps of 225 but there's always next time.

It was still a good day. Two of the guys I train hit PRs on squats. Another just started a Coan deadlift program and is progressing nicely.

My joints are still feeling decent. Joint Fixx certainly isn't a cure-all (nothing ever is), but it works.
Nice workout there, and a great attitude.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
It was a weird day in the gym today. It was hot as shiz outside again and I had been out doing stuff in the yard all morning. By the time I got to the gym I was feeling exhausted. Once I started lifting I realized that I really didn't want to be there today. I ended up taking it light since it was a light lower day anyway, but I took it reeeeeally light.

Warm-up (did a longer warm-up than usual)

Hang cleans

95 x 10
135 x 8
135 x 8
185 x 5
185 x 5
185 x 5

Front squats

185 x 12
185 x 12
185 x 12

I did GHRs and some easier mobility work to finish. My left knee was sore in a strange place when I did the GHRs; that has never happened before. The discomfort was only during the ascent phase and didn't occur after the sets so I'm not worried about it. If there's an issue I'm sure Joint Fixx has my back and will take care of it for me...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Body weight prior to training today: 253.8lbs

Another strange day in the gym. I was tired, exhausted, and burned out from doing a sick amount of yard work yesterday. I felt like someone hit me with a truck when I woke up this morning. My back has been sore and some occassional back pumps don't help matters. Still, I wanted to work heavy bench with bands to work my lockout. Here's how that went...

Bench

bar x 15 or so
135 x 12
225 x 6
275 x 3
315 x 2
365 x 1
405 x 1
425 x 1
450 x 1 (PR)
405 x 3 (failed on 4th rep)

I finished with face pulls with the rope (for scapular retraction), dips, and tricep pressdowns.

I surprised myself on bench today. I was tired but I guess adrenaline is a wonderful thing. My first 405 was not very impressive. 425 was much better and it flew off my chest. I honestly didn't think 450 was going to come off my chest. I was going to try it then attach bands. After hitting that, I dropped to 405 and killed the first 3 reps. That 4th rep was brutal and I couldn't lock out. I never did use bands today. Here's a video of my 450:

[video=youtube;GSPHtgIYIjY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSPHtgIYIjY[/video]

Yeah, I know: it was just touch-and-go and I flaired my elbows. I've already critiqued the hell out of my lift.

One of the things I just noticed today is that I have not been using my elbow sleeves. I have a pair of Rehbands that I always use on heavy upper days. They're in my bag but I haven't used them in 2 weeks. This Joint Fixx stuff is legit!

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That's a damn nice PR buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

CaptHowdy5150

CaptHowdy5150

Awards
  • Established
Yessir!!! PRs on video are f'n awesome! Great job brother.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
I was just browsing the Nutraplanet sale and noticed that they do not carry Joint Fixx. WTF?!?!

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Happy Independence Day!

I opened the gym today for a couple hours this afternoon and was surprised as to how many of my guys showed up. I pulled deads and added bands for a harder lockout.

Deadlifts

135 x 10
135 x 8
225 x 8
315 x 8
405 x 6

Deads w/ EliteFTS Monster Mini short bands

225 x 8
315 x 6
315 x 6
365 x 6

I did some jump squats and GHRs to finish but had the same weird pain in my knees as I did last week.

I focused on pulling fast and accelerating hard all the way to lockout on deads. I'll pull heavy late next week.

I weighed myself prior to lifting today: 255.4lbs. I am feeling very full and tight, like a 'pump' all the time, and my wife has noticed that my vascularity has improved. Better size, better strength, better body composition; Superdrol is some amazing stuff. Joint Fixx has really helped alleviate any joint issues associated with SD. I wish Joint Fixx was available at NutraPlanet but its no big deal. I found it cheap elsewhere and I will be ordering more once I'm finished with my SD PCT.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Nothing too special about today. Light upper with reps.

Overhead press

bar x whatever
95 x 12
95 x 10
135 x 12
135 x 8
185 x 7
185 x 3
200 x 13

The reason I did 200 is because one of the guys I train is doing 5/3/1 and it was his max rep day for 200lbs. He hit 9 reps so I figured I'd outdo him. A little friendly competition never hurt anyone. I did some light bench (135) with bands (attached to heavy DBs on the floor) and counted 4sec down and exploded up. I did 4 sets of 6-8 reps. I was focusing on elbow and shoulder position as well as speed. Afterwards I did some pull-ups and tricep pressdowns.

Today is my last lifting day on SD. My joints have been feeling decent so Joint Fixx is doing its job. My left shoulder was a bit sore yesterday and today (probably slept on it wrong) and my knees have been feeling dry. Joint Fixx isn't a cure-all but it definitely helped while on cycle. PCT begins Sunday. If I counted the pills correctly my last dose of Joint Fixx will be Tuesday morning.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
PCT begins today. It was a decent SD cycle with surprisingly minimal sides. Joint Fixx certainly helped with any joint issues. Honestly, my joints have never felt better while on a PH cycle.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Today was the last training session on this bottle of Joint Fixx. Everything felt good today except for my lower back. It felt tight as hell for some reason. I still went up to 545 on deads but I was not happy at all with the bar speed.

My body weight today: 258.2lbs. That is officially the heaviest I have ever weighed.

CopyCat

CopyCat

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
PCT begins today. It was a decent SD cycle with surprisingly minimal sides. Joint Fixx certainly helped with any joint issues. Honestly, my joints have never felt better while on a PH cycle.
That's good stuff brother. We much appreciate all of your feedback and your detailed log.

Sent from my iPhone using Am.com

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
That's good stuff brother. We much appreciate all of your feedback and your detailed log.
Thanks. It was a great opportunity for me to try out a great product on these beat-up, old joints.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Today was the last day of my bottle of AMS Joint Fixx. :(
I'll do a write-up on my experience with it as soon as I have time tomorrow...

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Finally - a moment to do my final review.

First, I want to thank the AMS crew for supporting me through this logging opportunity. Honestly, I had my doubts at first, but Joint Fixx ended up being a worthy supplement (more about that in a minute).

Second, a quick update on my SD cycle. I had minimal sides at 20/30/30/30 (some lethargy, some libido issues, back pumps) and my gains were worth it. I certainly did not experience some of the nightmare-ish problems that I've read about with some guys. I made some obvious strength and weight gains; I started my cycle at 244lbs and ended up at 258lbs - not bad. My bench 1RM (touch and go) is now 450 which is a noticeable improvement. My vascularity has improved and a few pairs of cargo shorts are looser around my waist. Good results for 4 weeks.

Finally -- Joint Fixx. I did not have any joint issues until the very end of my SD cycle when I noticed that my knees were a bit sore when doing GHRs. Most of the time I notice my joints drying out as one of the first sides. Joint Fixx really helped alleviate joint dryness for sure. If it worked this well on-cycle then it should do even better when I'm not running a PH. One of the things I had noted in my log was the fact that I no longer needed elbow sleeves. My joints felt well enough to throw whatever weight I decided to at 'em. All in all, Joint Fixx is the real deal; I rate it a 9.5/10. Fixx is not a cure-all by any means but will definitely benefit anyone with current joint soreness or those who have the potential for joint issues in the future.