Will LG's New Topical 7-keto DHEA become a Staple in the Female Terminator's Arsenal?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
INTRODUCTION

The last few weeks have still been somewhat on and off re training. I really want to get back into a consistent training schedule by the start of 2011.

I've recently finished a log of PES' Erase: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/163701-revolution-female-terminator.html. GREAT product, and one that I have continued to use, and will use as a STAPLE!

I am one of the few selected to beta test LG Sciences' new 7-keto DHEA topical. I personally LOVE topical 7-keto, and DermaTherm (the original) is the best fat loss topical that I have ever used, and now that it is gone, there are no topicals containing 7-keto DHEA. I am very interested in seeing how this is going to go - at 12 sprays each use, the beta testing bottle will last until the end of the year, which is about perfect.

GOALS

I am going to CONTINUE TO RECOMP whilst maintaining 8-10% bodyfat (preferably closer to 8% bodyfat), focusing specifically on:
* Capping my delts and adding a little more mass to my arms
* Regaining my strength
* Returning to a decent level of fitness

I'm starting this log at:
* Body Composition of 10% bodyfat
* Body Mass of 118 pounds (please note that my bodyweight fluctuates a LOT, and so is not a good indicator of what my physique is like)
* Resting Pulse of 32 beats per minute

TRAINING

Weights

Day 1: Shoulders

Day 2: Arms

Day 3: Full-Body

Day 4: Full-Body

Day 5: Upper Body

Resistance sessions get done in this order each week. I have a day of just cardio - which will be done where my body feels that it needs it (although I will endeavour to do it on Thursday), and a day OFF ALL training each week (usually Sunday).

I use lower reps - not just so that I can lift heavier, but because lower reps at a heavy weight for me personally means improved strength, more mass, and definite leaning. I always lift as heavy as I can for the reps I set out to do each session, and I use 30 seconds to 1 minute recovery between sets/supersets/trisets/giant sets.

I do not do any specific work for my legs as my lower body overwhelms my upper body. If I train legs, I gain muscle mass despite what I do and more muscle in my legs is NOT what I want or need. ANY Legs work (i.e. Full-Body days) is going to be specific to Hamstrings, and I will deliberately use lighter weights, bodyweight, or plyometric exercises only.

Cardio

Day 1: HIIT Cardio

Day 2: 20 min Cardio

Day 3: HIIT Cardio

Day 4: 20 min Cardio

Day 5: HIIT Cardio

Day 6: 20 min Cardio

Cardio sessions get done in this order each week. Note that the days do not "match" the same numbered resistance day.

Flexibility

Stretch 20-30 minutes every training day (i.e. six days a week).

From 10 January 2010

Monday: HIIT Cardio + Shoulders + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Tuesday: 20 min Cardio + Arms + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Wednesday: HIIT Cardio + Full-Body (Velocity Session A) + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Thursday: 20 min Cardio + Full-Body (Velocity Session B)

Friday: HIIT Cardio + Full-Body (Velocity Session C) + Stretch 20-30 minutes

Saturday: V-Burn Challenge Circuit + Stretch 20-20 minutes

Sunday: Day OFF

NUTRITION

My nutrition does not play as much of a role as my training does in my conditioning - however, I am working on making it better, so that it COMPLIMENTS my training and works WITH my body, instead of constantly making everything more difficult.

I generally follow a calorie cycling method, with 5-6 meals daily, 2-3 hours apart.

I drink 1-2 UK galleons (a UK galleon is 4.54 litres) of water a day, with the only other liquid that I consume re drinks being herbal or green tea.

SUPPLEMENTS

(in alphabetical order):

Alpha-T2: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps ~8 hours post-Dose 1 (until 15 December).

Assault: 1 serving 30 min pre-training (from 8 January 2010).

BC+EAA - 3-4 x 10.5-21 grams daily.

BLACK CATS: 3 caps first thing and 2 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1 (until 5 January 2011).

EndoAmp Max: 1.1 gram first thing and 1.1 gram post-training (until 18 December).

Erase: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps 6-8 hours post-Dose 1, and 1 cap pre-bed (until 25 December).

IGF-2: 2 caps first thing, 2 caps ~40 min pre-resistance training, and 2 caps pre-bed (until 3 January 2011)/
From 4 January - 3 caps first thing.

Lipotrophin-PM: 2 caps first thing and 2 caps pre-bed (until 23 December).

MuscleGels: 1-2 packets daily.

Organic VitaBerry: 5 grams post-Meal 1 and 5 grams post-Meal 3.

Recompadrol - 1 cap immediately post-training, 1 cap either first thing or ~30 min pre-Meal later in the day, and 1 cap pre-bed (until 4 January 2011).

Shred Matrix: 3 caps 30-45 min pre-Meal 1 and 3 caps either 30-45 min pre-Meal later in the day or pre-bed (until 20 December).

Topicals: 7-keto DHEA, 24 pumps of of applied post-post-training/morning shower/
From 25 December - 24-36 pumps 7-keto DHEA applied post-post-training/morning shower and 24-36 pumps pre-bed.

Vitamin C: 1 gram first thing, 1 gram immediately post-training, and 1 gram pre-bed.

COMMENTS

Please note that I may or may not comment on all the factors listed below in each 'update'.

Sleep - Time and Quality
Mood/Aggression
Energy
Mental Focus and Clarity
Stress
Libido
Joints
Endurance
Strength
Pump
Vascularity
Quality of Training
Recovery
Body Composition and Look
Other Notes

I am planning on making 2011 a BIG year for me.
But, it's still 2010 and there's just under three weeks left until the end of the year . . .
I'm going to make the MOST of them!

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
first post :fest30:

i have got to say, despite this possibly not contributing to the content very much, that you do have an incredible body. i have seen pictures of you in the past, but the first one you posted here is pretty much absolute perfection in my eyes. (i hope your husband doesnt kill me, lol)

p.s. actually i just realized its kind of rude to just compliment the body, but it somehow came natural due to this being a bodybuilding forum. the picture in general is absolutely beautiful.
okay, finished. lol

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
first post :fest30:

i have got to say, despite this possibly not contributing to the content very much, that you do have an incredible body. i have seen pictures of you in the past, but the first one you posted here is pretty much absolute perfection in my eyes. (i hope your husband doesnt kill me, lol)

p.s. actually i just realized its kind of rude to just compliment the body, but it somehow came natural due to this being a bodybuilding forum. the picture in general is absolutely beautiful.
okay, finished. lol
:welcome:

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
present and accounted for! Looking forawrd to hearing your thoughts on this one hopefully it will stack up to dermatherm

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbing in :thumbsup:

//CC

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
yes yes Rosie your a beautiful woman, and I know my other half agrees......i will be watching this....my other half tried phytoserms 347 and had issues by day 3 of some characteristics i was on the look out for, she has since dc'd use and is fine.....perhaps this would work better...i dunno will be watching

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
present and accounted for! Looking forawrd to hearing your thoughts on this one hopefully it will stack up to dermatherm
It will be interesting to be sure. DermaTherm contained MORE than 7-keto DHEA, but I have an open mind, and I would not be trying it if there was no science behind it.

Subbing in :thumbsup:

//CC
:cheers:

yes yes Rosie your a beautiful woman, and I know my other half agrees......i will be watching this....my other half tried phytoserms 347 and had issues by day 3 of some characteristics i was on the look out for, she has since dc'd use and is fine.....perhaps this would work better...i dunno will be watching
Interesting. I see nothing in Phytoserms-347 that should give her a negative reaction - if she experienced effects from increased Testosterone, then that should be expected. Not all products are for everyone, though, and a woman has no need of such products unless she is experienced and they will aid in the achievement of her goals and needs.

7-keto DHEA is a completely DIFFERENT compound than those in Phytoserms-347, so you cannot compare the two, especially if you're looking at it for the same results and effects. Comparing oral and topicals is also difficult.

Double in Lady :D
Hey there! :)

In for this Rosie, I want some 7-keto :(
I know. I miss DermaTherm badly!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 1: Planning the Dream

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Life is too big for playing small, and when we minimize ourselves, we only minimize those around us. When we relinquish our own fears of shining we allow others to shine too." - Nick Smith

TRAINING

HIIT:
a. 4 min easy
b. 8 x 40 sec effort/20 sec easy
c. 4 min easy

Gym - Arms (30 sec recovery between supersets/trisets):
Superset A -
1. Close-Grip Pull-Ups 4 x 22, 12, 11, 10
2. Bicep Curls 4 x 10
Superset B -
3. Dips 4 x 6
4. Tricep Push-Downs 4 x 12, 10, 8, 6
Triset -
5. Cable Bicep Curls 4 x 10
6. Alternate Hammer Curls 4 x 10 per side
7. Close-Grip Flat BB Bench Press 4 x 10

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Stress: My stress is up and down, depending on the areas of my life. Taking steps to minimize the stress in the big areas, and managing the other stuff as I can.

Endurance: Great.

Strength: As can be seen from the session, better than last week.

Pump: Hard.

Vascularity: The best it has been in a long, long time.

Quality of Training: HIIT was great . . . Resistance training was painful, but making it harder and more intense than last week made me feel better . . .

Body Composition and Look: Just to show how much my bodyweight fluctuates, today I am 116.6 pounds.

Other Notes: My current bottle of Alpha-T2 finishes today (changes reflected in post #1), but I will be starting more as soon as my new one arrives . . . Plus, I have two photoshoots with Walt Ostarly next year, and plan on working with Johnny Crosslin as well - so EXCITED! . . .

INITIAL IMPRESSIONS OF TOPICAL 7-KETO DHEA

In next post.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Initial Impressions

7-keto DHEA Topical

Smell - N/A: The 7-keto DHEA topical smelt like alcohol - it was not strong, and the scent faded and disappeared within minutes of spraying.

Feel - 10/10: A quick cool touch, like that you get when you get water sprayed on you. The 7-keto DHEA topical is not greasy or sticky after application.

Spreadability - N/A: The 7-keto DHEA topical is not a lotion, but a spray. Even if I try and spread it immediately after application to anywhere but the place where the spray hit my skin, it does NOT spread there - see "Drying" comments below.

Drying - 10/10: The 7-keto DHEA topical was dry in mere seconds after spraying it on my skin.

Other Notes: I actually used 24 pumps instead of 12 to make sure that I covered all the areas I wanted to properly - especially since it does not spread. I am going to have to attempt and make 12 sprays cover everything for future usage. Definitely interested in seeing how this 7-keto DHEA topical works.

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
give it hell, rosie!!!

curious about this product-i know you will give us the raw truth.:hammer:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In Rosie..one hell of an intro! really looking forward to your thoughts, as there spot on no matter what it is:D

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
give it hell, rosie!!!

curious about this product-i know you will give us the raw truth.:hammer:
Cheers, Tom - you know I will :D

In Rosie..one hell of an intro! really looking forward to your thoughts, as there spot on no matter what it is:D
Thanks for giving me the opportunity, Chris :)

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Def following your adventure, Ms. Rosie! :22:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 2: Short Session Today

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve." - Walt Ostarly

TRAINING

Cardio 20 min.

Stretch 22 min.

COMMENTS

Stress: Working on it.

Quality of Training: Just an easy session today, before I have to go to a fast-paced, non-stop night job.

Body Composition and Look: Again, to show how much my bodyweight fluctuates, today I am 118 pounds.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
so you are up around a pound and a half since yesterday? you are right your body weight does flucuate a lot, lol. for me it wouldn't be much, but for your body weight...

don't let the stress wear you down!

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
so you are up around a pound and a half since yesterday? you are right your body weight does flucuate a lot, lol. for me it wouldn't be much, but for your body weight...

don't let the stress wear you down!
Man.. I have those fluctuations big time.

I will wake up and complete my morning piss and be 4-5 pounds lighter than the night before.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Man.. I have those fluctuations big time.

I will wake up and complete my morning piss and be 4-5 pounds lighter than the night before.
I get 3-4 lb fluctuations morning to morning. Its a drag

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes - but not really, since at the start of this log I was 118 pounds. However, as I said, my bodyweight fluctuates a LOT, and it's not unusual for me to go up and down between 10-15 pounds over a few days or so. Yes, for someone my "size" this may seem huge, but it's done it for as long as I can remember - and is one of the things that has to STOP, because it plays havoc with my body.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
strange, if my diet stays reasonable my weight is usually the same-unless i am trying to cut. a 1 1/2 pound difference would be out of the ordinary.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i seem to saty around 237-240 as of now....but thats for quite another reason i think...

mehhh

watching this closely to throw into my natty stack for the future

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some of my highest ranking officers will be following your log.....they tell me you inspire them very much....

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
strange, if my diet stays reasonable my weight is usually the same-unless i am trying to cut. a 1 1/2 pound difference would be out of the ordinary.
With my diet "normal" for me, it always does this, period. Goes to show how different everyone is . . . Hence, I only focus on BODY COMPOSITION . . .

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 3

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"More than anything else, I believe it's our decisions, not the conditions of our lives, that determine our destiny." - Anthony Robbins

TRAINING

HIIT:
a. 4 min easy
b. 8 x 40 sec effort/20 sec easy
c. 4 min easy

Gym - Full-Body (30 sec recovery between supersets):
Superset A -
1. Behind-the-neck BB Military Press 4 x 6, 5, 4, 3
2. Hammer Raises 4 x 6, 5, 4, 3
Superset B -
3. Hammer Curls 4 x 12
4. Incline Dips 4 x 6
Superset C -
5. Reverse Rows (feet on bench) 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
6. Push-Ups (feet on ground, hands on DB) 4 x 10, 8, 6, 6
Superset D -
7. Single-Leg Deadlifts 4 x 10 per side
8. Jump Squats 4 x 6
Superset E -
9. V-Sits (on bench) 4 x 15
10. Bicycle 4 x 20

Post-Weights Cardio 20 min.

Stretch 20 min.

COMMENTS

Stress: High.

Endurance: Fine.

Strength: Moving up.

Quality of Training: Throughout my entire training session, I wanted to stop, and had to keep repeating to myself what I wanted, reminding myself that I have to push past the pain and whatever I don't feel like doing, and just do it anyway, because it's the only way I'll get anywhere or achieve what I want to!

Body Composition and Look: More fluctuation, being 114.6 pounds this morning.

Other Notes: Tomorrow I finish my current tub of EndoAmp Max (changes reflected in post #1) and won't be using it again for a bit, since I'm already using two other cortisol control products with Erase and the 7-keto DHEA topical . . . Yesterday was another 24 pumps of the 7-keto DHEA topical post-training, and I actually did another 12 pumps post-pre-bed shower, just to see if I could cover everything in that amount of pumps - only covered abs and lower back region (sigh). Going to have to figure something out, because at this rate, what I have is only going to last about another 10 days . . .

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
With my diet "normal" for me, it always does this, period. Goes to show how different everyone is . . . Hence, I only focus on BODY COMPOSITION . . .
i found the topic interesting-thanks.

ConcreteConny

ConcreteConny

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quality of Training: Throughout my entire training session, I wanted to stop, and had to keep repeating to myself what I wanted, reminding myself that I have to push past the pain and whatever I don't feel like doing, and just do it anyway, because it's the only way I'll get anywhere or achieve what I want to!
I hate it when I have days like these. Even though I tell myself the same thing my motivation still seems to be down through the training session :grumpy:

//CC

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I hate it when I have days like these. Even though I tell myself the same thing my motivation still seems to be down through the training session :grumpy:

//CC
Yep. Sometimes my mood gets worse, which means I end up in a terrible mood AFTER training for the rest of the day, but I won't allow myself to stop - I did ONCE, because it was not being conducive to the session, but never again. I need to get OUT of this funk, because I have so many GOOD things going on and to prepare for, and they should be motivation ENOUGH, but somehow it's not always so . . .

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
In! Curious about this one. Don't let the stress drag you down.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Give it hell Rosie...
Will do, Eric :D

In! Curious about this one. Don't let the stress drag you down.
My stress levels are ALWAYS HIGH, so they don't really affect me and definitely don't drag me down - you'll see that if you look at any of my previous logs.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Day 4: Recovery

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"When you stop making excuses, destiny embraces you with conquest." - Push Harder

TRAINING

Cardio 20 min.

Stretch 24 min.

COMMENTS

Stress: High.

Endurance: Fine.

Quality of Training: Wasn't planning on it, but it was an easy session, more recovery than anything.

Recovery: My entire body aches, especially my feet and legs (which probably has more to do with running around in 4-inch heels for seven hours non-stop at my night job yesterday).

Body Composition and Look: The last day in a while that I am going to show the scale weight fluctuation - today I was 116.8 pounds.

Other Notes: Still using ~24 pumps of the 7-keto DHEA topical. I definitely prefer the spray over a cream/lotion, especially since it dries so fast, and there's no after-scent, and it doesn't come off on my clothes when I get heated or sweat. The only downside is that I'm having to use a LOT of pumps to cover the area between my waist and my hips adequately.

ax1

ax1

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to use transdermal 7-oxo, and the scent was horrendous. The only thing that kept me on cycle was the amazing effects......but after 2 cycles of that I just tired of it. It made my cloth smell worse too.

The fact you say the scent goes away makes me really look forward to trying the spray out myself soon.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I used to use transdermal 7-oxo, and the scent was horrendous. The only thing that kept me on cycle was the amazing effects......but after 2 cycles of that I just tired of it. It made my cloth smell worse too.

The fact you say the scent goes away makes me really look forward to trying this out myself soon.
As I mentioned in my "Initial Impressions", there is no scent, and the only one there is is a faint hint of alcohol for a few brief moments when you spray the topical.

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Other Notes: Tomorrow I finish my current tub of EndoAmp Max (changes reflected in post #1) and won't be using it again for a bit, since I'm already using two other cortisol control products with Erase and the 7-keto DHEA topical . . . Yesterday was another 24 pumps of the 7-keto DHEA topical post-training, and I actually did another12 pumps post-pre-bed shower , just to see if I could cover everything in that amount of pumps - only covered abs and lower back region (sigh). Going to have to figure something out, because at this rate, what I have is only going to last about another 10 days . . .

So 36 pumps total. So is that pre bed and post shower?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So 36 pumps total. So is that pre bed and post shower?
My pre-bed shower application was not on the same day as my post-training shower application, as I don't go to bed until ~0500-0600 - although, technically, that meant ~35 pumps in one day, yes.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Will do, Eric :D

My stress levels are ALWAYS HIGH, so they don't really affect me and definitely don't drag me down - you'll see that if you look at any of my previous logs.
Mrs. Rossie, not to sass you, but high stress leads to a slew of medical problems

just sayin

i do likes ur log though!

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mrs. Rossie, not to sass you, but high stress leads to a slew of medical problems

just sayin

i do likes ur log though!
I'm well aware of what stress can do - I said it doesn't really affect me or drag me down; big difference.

PS. There's only ONE "s" in Rosie. And never refer to me as "Mrs." Thanks.

Rahl

Rahl

Awards
  • Established
My pre-bed shower application was not on the same day as my post-training shower application, as I don't go to bed until ~0500-0600 - although, technically, that meant ~35 pumps in one day, yes.
So how long do you think this product will last at the higher pumps/ed that you're using?

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm well aware of what stress can do - I said it doesn't really affect me or drag me down; big difference.

PS. There's only ONE "s" in Rosie. And never refer to me as "Mrs." Thanks.
For a second i thought you were new at this Rosie...:lol:

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So how long do you think this product will last at the higher pumps/ed that you're using?
There are 24 days worth topical at 12 pumps daily - therefore, at 24-26 pumps daily, it will last me ~10-12 days (as mentioned in earlier posts).

For a second i thought you were new at this Rosie...:lol:
Yeah, the newbies need to take a look around before making comments :salook:

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are 24 days worth topical at 12 pumps daily - therefore, at 24-26 pumps daily, it will last me ~10-12 days (as mentioned in earlier posts).
im trying to work something..... , key word is "try" :)