Animal Pump/Intra-Aid Samples + 30 Days of Animal Omega Review

P

purebred

First off, I want to give thanks to Universal/Animal especially U-Rep and Hoomgar. I finally got my hands on a can of Animal Omega! I also have a small stash of 5 Intra-Aid and 5 Animal Pump sample packets and will be posting my experience with each sample packet as I go through them. My first experience with the samples of IA and AP were yesterday which I will be sharing in a moment. First, I'd like to get my initial thoughts on Animal Omega.

Animal Omega
I appreciate the idea of a full spectrum EFA supplement. I really do. I like to know that a company can provide me with a one-stop shop when it comes to supplements and when it comes to EFAs, Animal Omega definitely seems to provide this. However, I'm dissatisfied with not being told what amounts of these wonderful ingredients I'm consuming. I've never been a fan of 'blends' or any such label listings that do not clearly state the amounts of the ingredients incorporated. I feel as a consumer I should know exactly what I'm paying for and how much I'm getting. This is my only major complaint. In any case, I have faith that Universal is up to par on their research and has incorporated thoroughly researched ingredients at scientifically-proven effective amounts.

Prior to AO, I was taking a glucose metabolism complex consisting of Taurine, Chromium, Magnesium, Vanadium, ALA, Banaba leaf extract prior which I normally consume twice a day on training days (breakfast or pre-WO/PWO) and once in the morning w/breakfast on non-training days. AO is simply enhancing my current nutritional supplement program.

Eight (8) pills is definitely not for the faint of heart, not to mention if you're looking to try Universal/Animal products (e.g. Animal Pump consists of 9 pill packets and Animal Pak of 12 pill packets!). Psh! I'm a pill poppin' animal though so I'm game! :head:

Animal Pump
I consumed my AP packet 1.5 hrs after pre-WO meal. However, I'm certain my experience report would have been much better if I wouldn't have locked my keys in my car. Hey, hey, hey!! I haven't done this in years, ok? Cut me some slack! I was mad enough for everyone but the situation was finally resolved with a spare key and I made it to the gym about 1 hr and 45 min later. Even then I had a very positive experience.

I consumed the 9 pills w/ 1.5 cups Crystal Light because there was no juice (what I usually take pills with) of any kind at hand. I'm not a big fan of Crystal Light but hey, ya gotta do what ya gotta do, right? Within 25 minutes I felt a significant increase in mental focus and clarity. My muscles felt fuller and harder. I felt a slight, faint tingle (possibly the beta-alanine?) and it was a feeling similar to that of goosebumps: I don't know if this is what BA feels like but I'm going to have to keep toying with BA to assess this a bit better. There was a noticeable increase in vascularity.

It was Push Day for me @ the gym and the muscle-mind connection was present and all together during training. I was intensely focused during my reps and my stamina and endurance levels were higher than normal.

I like Animal Pump's ingredient profile, I just wouldn't mind not consuming 9 pills and maybe consuming some tasty powder. I know you're capable of coming up with something good Universal!

Intra-Aid (Blue Raz)
Let's get my main dislikes out of the way first:
  • Proprietary Blend. I already touched up on this earlier. I like to know exactly what I'm getting and how much of it I'm getting. Hard to do with 'blends'.
  • Artificial Sweeteners: Acesulfame K and Sucralose. Same situation as in my recent Controlled Labs Review for Purple Wraath and Green MAGnitude)
Also, I'd prefer whey protein isolate over concentrate any day. That being said, I was unaware of there were any performance benefits during exercise as I thought this theory had been debunked. Maybe someone can pull up the full study as this the basis of my statement regarding protein.

Romano BC et. al. Effect of a 4:1 ratio carbohydrate/protein beverage on endurance performance, muscle damage and recovery. Med Sci Sports Exerc, 36:5126, 2004

I can't say I've seen much substantiating research on Waxy Maize either.

Mixability: 8.5/10
Mixed quite well in the shaker. Took about 5 secs. of shaking using 20 oz. water.
Taste: 7.5/10
I prefer fruit flavored pre-WO powders. Don't ask me why, it's just a personal preference of mine. However, I'm not going to lie...although I was weird out a bit at first by the taste as I was expecting something a bit fruitier, it's not a flavor that I dislike--I can deal with it. Gladly (especially if it's free of charge). It tastes like a cotton candy Blow Pop creamsicle. It has a bit of a milky texture to it. I would love to try Citrus Burst as I believe I'll have a better taste-testing experience than Blue Raz but I'm glad the flavor is manageable because the remaining Intra-Aid sample packets are Blue Raz flavor!

Effectiveness: ?/10
At the moment, I'm considering waiting until I'm done with reviewing Animal Pump before I finish the remaining Intra-Aid samples. I'm concerned with experiencing overlapping effects and not being able to assess the effects of each individual product effectively and efficiently. I'll decide next training day what I'm going to do. My intentions were to consume about half prior to arriving @ the gym and the rest intra-workout but I only managed to sip on about 1/2 and I saved the rest. I'm considering using that half for next training session and seeing how that goes.

I'll continue to update accordingly.

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Solid bro. Thanks for the honest review man. If you want a tasty powder to replace the Animal Pump try the Universal Shock Therapy.

Hg

P

purebred

Universal Nutrition Real Gains WEF Sample Review (Banana Milk Shake)

Universal Nutrition Real Gains WEF (Banana Milk Shake)​

Figured I'd throw in this review with the rest seeing as they are essentially produced by the same company. Here it is! Short and sweet!

Taste: 7/10
Real creamy (+) but I have to be honest: not as flavorful as I'd hoped for (-) as I'm a BIG fan of banana flavored protein powders. I'd love to try the strawberry flavor I have in the picture above. That pink just jumps out at me and yells "eat me!" (I know, I know. I have a dirty mind :tongue2:)

Mixability: 7.5/10
I mixed the packet's contents in 12 oz. milk and it came out a bit thicker than I expected. I rarely use anything but milk when making shakes and thick shakes are uncommon. They usually come out just right with that milk shake consistency I love oh so much. It took quite a bit of shaking while I was consuming it as it kept clumping a bit at the bottom but I managed.

Prior to receiving my sample, I was hoping I'd get a full serving but ended up being the samples are but 1/4 of the suggested serving size so the nutrition content was dramatically decreased:
  • 150cals
  • 21g carbs
  • 13.5g protein

Although the milk did provide some additional nutrition, the sample alone w/milk didn't satiate me so I ended up having one of my usual shakes after :tragedy: Thanks again to Universal!

Will continue updating accordingly!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Another honest write up. Much appreciated bro. Yea the sample packets are mostly so you can see the product, taste it and see what it is like. 12 oz is how much I use for a full serving so this would explain why the flavor wasn't as strong as you would have liked. Those sample packets are best made in about 4 oz of fluid.

Hg

P

purebred

Is it on the packet that the sample is meant to be mixed w/ 4 ounces liquid? If it is and I missed it I'm gonna feel like a dope :laugh2: I figured 12 oz. would get the job done due to the amount of powder in the packet. It's not a lot but it's no pinch of powder either, ya know? At least that's the way I perceived it.

Well, at least now I know if I get my hands on another sample of Real Gains to use 4 oz. for best results. I'm dying to get my hands on some Citrus Burst Intra-Aid!

Hoomgar

Hoomgar

Awards
  • Established
Is it on the packet that the sample is meant to be mixed w/ 4 ounces liquid? If it is and I missed it I'm gonna feel like a dope :laugh2: I figured 12 oz. would get the job done due to the amount of powder in the packet. It's not a lot but it's no pinch of powder either, ya know? At least that's the way I perceived it.

Well, at least now I know if I get my hands on another sample of Real Gains to use 4 oz. for best results. I'm dying to get my hands on some Citrus Burst Intra-Aid!
I honestly am not sure? I have had the sample packs myself but never looked because I already knew this based off what you use for a full serving which is 3.5 scoops. I typically use 12 oz of water for that but 16 to 20 is probably the right number. It's all subject to your own personal taste. That is the beauty of powdered mixes.

Hg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Supplements 10
blaykeryan Supplements 5
Ari Gold Product Reviews 0
T Supplements 0
T Supplements 8