Gui's AXplosion - Alpha Test Log

gui1957

Awards
Intro: Well guys it finally arrived yesterday evening and I will start my first day using this test product. First off, I want to say thanks to AX for letting me be part of this product testing process. I hope to provide the info and feedback AX is looking for to evaluate this product.

History After a 24 year layoff, I returned to the weights 9 years ago after raising a family. Before, I was close to 180lbs, 34in waist, lacked energy and had a few medical problems. First started off on a high intensity cardio regimen with light weights and got myself down to 138lbs, but looked like a scarecrow. Decided I needed help from the experts, so I asked around my gym and met Joe(Mr Buffalo) and he set me on the right course. I then went on a clean bulk after that for about 1.5 years, taking it very slow but increasing my workouts with heavier weights. I didn't want to stagnate or digress to where I had been orignially. Currently, being harassed by my gym buddies to compete. Current stat's: 51 yrs old, 5'4", apprx 157lbs, waist apprx 29-30", and look a 10x better than I did when I was 30 yrs old.

Training Plan I will be using a 3-day split for all my workouts (Mon-Wed-Fri). I will also be doing cardio for 30-35 minutes 3 days per week in AM on (Tues_Thurs_Sat) with Sundays off. I do not plan on taking the product on my cardio days. Current routine includes Chest/Bi's/Abs, Legs/Abs, Back/Tri's/Abs. This is a 6 week program I have discussed and developed with my mentor, Joe. The current objective is to specifically get more vascular and shredded.

Nutrition I am currently on a 6-7 meal a day program consisting of:
Wakeup, Breakfast, Lunch, Preworkout, Postworkout, Evening Meal and Bedtime shake. On days I do only cardio I only have 6 meals a day. My meals on workout days have a slightly higher carb ratio then on days I do not, to maintain Glycogyn storage. I try to limit my fat intake to 15%. As you get older your metabolism plays havoc with the fat intake. So, I try to keep a handle on this.

Supplements Used Based on the information that was provided in the package. In preparation of doing this test, I had already eliminated certain supplements from my regimen. No "NO", Ariginine, or caffiene based products. I will take my Creatine capsules, BCAA's and have a protein shake 2 hours before I take the product and take my next dose of BCAA's about 20 minutes before the end of my 75-90 minute workout. Other supp's I will be taking with my food meals with be OPTIMen Multi-vitamin, Fish Oil, Lecithin, COQ10, Folic Acid and Hawthorn Berry Extract. (If anyone sees a conflict with any other these supp's, let me know.)

Other than what I've posted, I will update this log with the results from workout to workout. Hit me up if you have any questions.

Take care, Gui

gui1957

Awards
Day 1 Workout:

5:15 PM - Took 5 capsules (NOS FX) as directed for my weight class (157lbs).
6:00 PM - Began warmup/stretching routine. During this time I did not notice any change or impact from taking product
6:15 PM - Began workout. Used the program discussed previously. Chest routine: Incline bench curls 2 warmup sets followed by 4 sets of 10, followed by Flat bench barbell curls 4X10, followed by bench flyes 4x10, followed by close grip bench presses 4x10. Bicep routine: DB Bicep Curls 4x8, Preacher Curls 4X10, BB Curls (alternating narrow & wide) 4X10-12
7:30 - Took 6 capsules of BCAA's then performed my Abs routine: Rope crunch 3x25, hanging leg raises: 3X20, decline crunches 3X15, pole twists 3X20.

7:45 Completed workout, changed and then had my favorite banana classic post workout shake consisting of 48g of protein, 80g of carbs, and 5g creatine.

Results:

Overall: I have to say that I did not really notice any significant pump or change until more than half way thru my chest routine. I felt a tightness in my chest and arms, when I know that I am really hitting these muscles hard. The vascularity did not really become pronounced until I was actually doing my Bicep exercises. A few of my gym buddies remarked that my veins in my arms (upper and forearms), and near my temples were really visible. I looked in the mirror to verify their comments. What also surprised me was that the "Pump", did not last as long as expected. Based on what I think was said, it seemed to disappear as I was driving home an hour later. Maybe I shouldn't be comparing it to the last NO product I took, but it did not last as long as I thought it would.

Side Effects: Before, during and after the workout I experienced no side effects, nausea, lightheadedness, fatigue of any kind. The only side I did feel was this morning I felt more sore than usual. I attribute this to the shorter rest periods I was doing with my routine and performing the same number of sets/reps. I am wondering if I should up the dosage to 6 capsules, would this make a difference ? But will talk to AX on this.

Intensity/Focus Factor: From an Intensity factor I have to say that I did not feel tired toward the end of my workout that I usually do. I was expecting to because of the shorter rest periods I was applying after each set (1 minute or less). I was able to complete all reps for my sets and did not falter on my last set in any exercise. So that did surprise me or is it just the placebo effect? From a Focus factor, I can't really say it had any effect because, I really concentrate while performing my workout routines and blockout everything and everyone. So, that is yet to be seen.

Coming Up: I will be at the gym on saturday for my Back & Tri workout. Will let you all know the results..

Take Care Gui

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
so this is just a pump product. does it actually do anything or just give a pump?

gui1957

Awards
What I have experienced so far. Refer to Workout #2 for more info.

gui1957

Awards
Workout#2 Saturday Back & Triceps Routine (all-night fast)

8:00 AM took 5 capsules of NOS AXplosion

8:45 Arrive at gym and began my stretching exercises, took creatine capsules.

9:00 Started Back exercises (deadlifts, wide grip lat pulldowns/reverse pulldowns, low rows, t-bar row) for 4 sets each with 10-12 reps then did Triceps (rope pressdowns, lying BB extensions, weighted dips BW+45, shrugs for again 4 sets of 10-12 each. At this point took 6 BCAA capsules. Exception was the dips 4 sets of 12-15 reps.

10:15 I then took my 6 BCAA capsules before completing my workout

10:45 Had my Gold's Banana Classic, with 48g protein, 100 carbs and 5g glutamine.

Observations

Side Effects: None. Didn't know what to again expect. I thought on a all-night fast, I might experience some discomfort. Again no nausea, light-headedness or negative reactions. However, the muscle soreness again appeared the next day, so this really has me wondering. I am thinking of taking an extra dose of Glucosamine to see if that helps my joints.

Endurance/Intensity: Again I am quite surprised, I really pushed myself with more volume and weight in this workout to see how my stamina would be. I did not experience any slowdown or struggle toward the end on my workout. As I walked out the gym I realized I was not beat up as I usually am. I am wondering of this product is more oriented toward endurance.

Pump: Well the so called "Pump" just wasn't as pronounced as it was in my previous workout. I did not feel anything unusual in my back or triceps. So I'm not quite sure if the dosage is right for a 50 yr old or by weight classification. Hope to have an answer from AX by Monday before I do my Legs.

Focus: Nothing out of the ordinary. Again I did not experience any additional focus from a muscle/mind connection. I again really stay focused to complete my routine each and every time.

Coming Next: My Leg routine on Monday will be a true test for me on this product. I will be able to really tell when I perform my heavy squats and leg presses.

Until then, take care. Gui

gui1957

Awards
Workout#2 Saturday Back & Triceps Routine (all-night fast)

8:00 AM took 5 capsules of NOS AXplosion

8:45 Arrive at gym and began my stretching exercises, took creatine capsules.

9:00 Started Back exercises (deadlifts, wide grip lat pulldowns/reverse pulldowns, low rows, t-bar row) for 4 sets each with 10-12 reps then did Triceps (rope pressdowns, lying BB extensions, weighted dips BW+45, shrugs for again 4 sets of 10-12 each. At this point took 6 BCAA capsules. Exception was the dips 4 sets of 12-15 reps.

10:15 I then took my 6 BCAA capsules before completing my workout

10:45 Had my Gold's Banana Classic, with 48g protein, 100 carbs and 5g glutamine.

Observations

Side Effects: None. Didn't know what to again expect. I thought on a all-night fast, I might experience some discomfort. Again no nausea, light-headedness or negative reactions. However, the muscle soreness again appeared the next day, so this really has me wondering. I am thinking of taking an extra dose of Glucosamine to see if that helps my joints.

Endurance/Intensity: Again I am quite surprised, I really pushed myself with more volume and weight in this workout to see how my stamina would be. I did not experience any slowdown or struggle toward the end on my workout. As I walked out the gym I realized I was not beat up as I usually am. I am wondering of this product is more oriented toward endurance.

Pump: Well the so called "Pump" just wasn't as pronounced as it was in my previous workout. I did not feel anything unusual in my back or triceps. So I'm not quite sure if the dosage is right for a 50 yr old or by weight classification. Hope to have an answer from AX by Monday before I do my Legs.

Focus: Nothing out of the ordinary. Again I did not experience any additional focus from a muscle/mind connection. I again really stay focused to complete my routine each and every time.

Coming Next: My Leg routine on Monday will be a true test for me on this product. I will be able to really tell when I perform my heavy squats and leg presses.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
That seems odd that the pump was less pronounced on your biceps workout.

What is your weight? You should have received a dosing chart with your test bottle.

As Shawn (the guy who designed this) put it, feel free to "experiment" with the doses. You may need more, or you may need less, depending on how you think it goes. If you're not getting much of a pump with your biceps workout, I would say try dosing a little bit higher for your next one and see how this plays out.

Remember, this is an alpha test. We are acquiring data to see what sort of doses work, how well they work, and (ultimately) if we can make a kick-ass product out of this.

gui1957

Awards
Hey Sinner,

I did get the instruction sheet with the product. I think I will increase to 6 capsules for my leg routine to see if there is any difference. Unfortunately, I am comparing your product in some instances when I used USP Labs Anabolic Pump and VPX NO Shotgun V3. I got great pumps with both of those products Also, I will start including my exercise weight to help you better evaluate the product.

Gui

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
if ur not getting a pump especially on bicep day check your diet. did u miss any meals that day?

gui1957

Awards
I did this workout on a fast (refer to workout #2) and did not have anything that morning prior to taking the 5 capsules for my workout. We'll see today, I am doing legs and will have a meal 2 hours prior to my workout. I am also increasing the dosage to 6 capsules. What surprises me is when I took other products, I did the samething regimen and still got a pump.

Gui

jsp0785

Awards
  • Established
I did this workout on a fast (refer to workout #2) and did not have anything that morning prior to taking the 5 capsules for my workout. We'll see today, I am doing legs and will have a meal 2 hours prior to my workout. I am also increasing the dosage to 6 capsules. What surprises me is when I took other products, I did the samething regimen and still got a pump.

Gui
weird. might have just been an off day. i never get a pump with products that are liquid form but pill usually do the trick

gui1957

Awards
Workout #3 - Monday - Legs & Abs

Observations

3:30PM Had 50g protein shake, creatine capsules and a piece of fruit.

5:30Pm Took 6 capsules of AX

6:15PM Arrived at gym and did 10 minute fast walk/warmup on Treadmill.

6:25PM Began workout

Workout Routine: Consisted of - Squats 2WU sets (150/170X10) 4 sets - 12@210,12@220,10@230,9@240 Leg Presses 1@360X12, 1@450X12, 2@540X12, 1@590X10Leg Extensions 4 sets 150X12/160X12/170X11/170X10, Leg Curls 4 sets 90X12/100X10/110X10/120x9, Standing Calf Raises 4 sets 1X180X15/1X240X13/2X300X12. Used 1.5-2 min rest periods ABS: Rope Cruches 4x20@90lbs, Hanging Leg Raises 3X15, Decline Crunches 4X15/15/15/12 Used <1 min rest periods for abs.

7:30PM - Took 6 BCAA's
7:45PM - Completed Workout and had Post WO Shake w/50g protein/100 carbs/5G Glut

Sides/Effects: With the dosage increase to 6 capsules, I did have a sweat that I haven't experienced in quite a while. A few people mentioned that to me. Other than that again no nausea, fatigue, light-headedness or negative reactions of any kind. Regarding muscle soreness the next day, I was surprised it was very minimal than in previous workouts. Should I attribute that result from taking more Glucosamine or my body getting acclimated to the supp? It seems my joints appreciated it, as well.

Pump: Well I have to say that my legs did respond differently with 6 caps. My legs felt very tight at first then a good "Pump" kind of weird feeling appeared, after the first 3 squat sets. I did notice they were not fatigued or had a cramped feeling that I have gotten sometimes with other products. But to fairly assess this product, the "Pump" was not as strong and did not stay as strong, compared to taking other products. I did feel it on my way home and it did last for about an hour after that. Also, when I performed this workout my legs are usually burnt-out, but not with this product. It seems to do the opposite! In my last three workouts, I have not felt tired or beatup like I usually do.

Endurance/Intensity: With my leg routine, I really pushed myself as hard as I could with more volume again, to see and benchmark how my body would react. I did experience a very slight slowdown toward the end of my workout. But mentally I wanted to do more exercises.

Focus: Nothing out of the ordinary. I again really stayed focused to complete my routine each and every set and blocked out all distractions.

Coming Next: My Chest and Bi routine on Wednesday.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Regarding muscle soreness the next day, I was surprised it was very minimal than in previous workouts. Should I attribute that result from taking more Glucosamine or my body getting acclimated to the supp? It seems my joints appreciated it, as well.
Glucosamine is used in the polymers found in joint cartiledge. Muscle soreness is due to microtrauma (the abundance of broken muscle fibers). There are several things which may attribute to this. Food you ate, intensity and volume of your workout, developed tolerance to exercises, etc.

I am wondering if maybe this product is enhancing blood flow, but without the necessary blood pressure to allow for a perceivable pump. For example, some people use Bengay or Icyhot for sore muscles, which the heat from the cream allows for more blood to flow to that area and enhance healing. I know when I used to play hockey, we used to keep a tube of that stuff in our bags in case we pulled a muscle (or haze a freshman by spreading some on his jock). :devil:

Pump: Well I have to say that my legs did respond differently with 6 caps. My legs felt very tight at first then a good "Pump" kind of weird feeling appeared, after the first 3 squat sets. I did notice they were not fatigued or had a cramped feeling that I have gotten sometimes with other products. But to fairly assess this product, the "Pump" was not as strong and did not stay as strong, compared to taking other products. I did feel it on my way home and it did last for about an hour after that. Also, when I performed this workout my legs are usually burnt-out, but not with this product. It seems to do the opposite! In my last three workouts, I have not felt tired or beatup like I usually do.

Endurance/Intensity: With my leg routine, I really pushed myself as hard as I could with more volume again, to see and benchmark how my body would react. I did experience a very slight slowdown toward the end of my workout. But mentally I wanted to do more exercises.

Focus: Nothing out of the ordinary. I again really stayed focused to complete my routine each and every set and blocked out all distractions.

Coming Next: My Chest and Bi routine on Wednesday.
Interesting information.

It appears the pump seemed mediocre, however, it seems to make you feel less tired and beat up.

Have you noticed any increases in your strength?

gui1957

Awards
Sinner,

I would say a slight increase in strength but nothing really dramatic. But with my workout tonight I am going to pay close attention to the "pump and strength factor" to give you a better assessment.

Gui

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
sounds good. I look forward to it. :thumbsup:

gui1957

Awards
Workout #4 Chest/Bi's/Abs

Stat's

5"4", 154 lbs, 6 pounds to go to reach my target weight of 160lbs.

TimeLine

3:15PM Had 50g protein shake, creatine capsules and fruit.
5:15PM Took 6 capsules of AX
6:05PM Arrived at gym, 10 minute stretching routine.
6:15PM Began workout

Workout Routine:
Consisted of - PecDec Press 2WU sets (160/170X12) Lying BB Chest press 6 sets - 2@200X12, 2@220X11,10 2@240X7,6; Incline Presses 5 sets -2@170X10, 2@180X10, 1@190X8, Lying DB Flyes 5 sets - 1@50X12, 2@60X12, 2@70X10, PecDec machine 4 sets 180X12/200X10/210X10/220x9, (used 1-1.5 rest periods) Standing BB curls 5 sets 1X70X12/2X80X12/2X90X10,9. Used 1.5 rest periods ABS: Decline Crunches 4x20/20/25/12, Pole Twists 3X40, Standing Rope Crunches 4X20/20/15/13 (Used 1 min rest periods).

7:15PM - Took 6 BCAA capsules
7:30PM - Completed Workout and had PWO Shake w/50g protein/100 carbs/5G Glut/5g creatine

9:30PM - Had Chicken and broccilli meal.

Observations

Pump:

Well I have to say that my Chest and Arms finally responded in a more positive way with 6 caps. My chest felt tight and full, a definite good feeling A few gym-buds even remarked that they could see the pump effecta and my vasularity from a distance. That's when I started getting all the questions about the product and when will it be available. The pump in my arms started after the first couple chest presses and gradually increased throughout my routine. My arms first started with increased vasacularity during the chest exercises and then the actual pump started to be really noticeable in my Bi's. It continued to increase during my bi routine and never let up. I have to say it was a pump similiar that I would get from other products I have taken in the past. The "pump" stayed with me for about 1.5 hrs after my workout. Again after reading other test logs, I guess my system or my age is a factor.

Side Effects:
With the dosage increase to 6 capsules, I noticed I did put on a good sweat. Again no nausea, fatigue, light-headedness or any negative reactions. Regarding muscle soreness the next day, was again very minimal, which was surprising due to the volumne and load factor. I did feel a little tired than I have from previous workouts with this product.

Endurance/Intensity:

With this routine I really pushed myself and I have to say I was able to perform a few more reps with listed weights. I do notice a slight increase in strength, but not to the degree I have previous had with other products. Again this product seems to allow me to do more.

Focus:

I tried to focus on the pump and strength issues during my routine as previously mention to "Sinner". As I completed each set I evaluated if the pump and strength factors increased or stayed the same. Upon completing my Chest and Bi's I have to say overall the Pump was definitely improved. But, the strength factor was minimal.

Coming Next: My Back/Trap/Tri routine on Saturday. I am planning to up the dosage to 7 capsules to see if their woill be any differences.

Talk to you then, Gui.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff. Glad to see everything is working to a noticeable degree.

gui1957

Awards
Workout#5 Saturday Back/Tri's/Traps Routine

Timeline
7:30AM 6 BCAA capsules
8:00AM Breakfast Shake/Eggs/banana/Oatmeal
10:15AM Took 7 capsules of AX, creatine capsules.
11:15AM Arrive at gym and began my stretching exercises
11:30AM Performed Routine listed below.

(Deadlifts: 2wu-150/170x12, then 5 sets 240X12/12/12/11/10), (Closegrip Lat pulldowns 3@120X12/reverse pulldowns 3@120/110/100X12), (Sitting low rows 150/160/170/180X12-15), (DB shrugs 4 sets @70X12, Smith machine BB shrugs 4 sets @220x10reps), then Triceps routine (Tri pressdowns 4@120X12-15, Cable extensions 4@80x12-15, Lying BB extensions 4@80X12, Dips BW for 4x15-20).

12:30PM Took 6 BCAA capsules toward end of my routine.
1:00PM Had my PWO Banana Classic, w/48g protein, 100 carbs and 5g glutamine,5g creatine.

Observations

Side Effects:/B]Was wondering if there would be some difference from taking 7 capsules. Well, there was absolutely no difference. No new side effects appeared. No nausea, light-headedness or negative reactions of any kind. Muscle soreness appeared the next day, but was very minimal. Still taking Glucosamine. I am thinking my body is acclimating to the ingredients quite well. So far from my observation, it seems the product slowly builds up the vascularity and then the pump for me after doing a series of sets. Its not like other products that start fast out of the gate and then dimishes as you continue your workout.

Endurance/Intensity: Again I am quite surprised, I tried more volume and kept my intensity level high and yet never waivered at all. Even in the intensity factor, I shortened my rest periods to see if that would impact the results. If I didn't have other things planned that day, I would of stayed longer than 1.5 hours. I am impressed that I did not experience any slowdown or struggle of any kind in my workout from begining to end.

Pump:Well my "Pump" again started first with the vascularity and then the pump kicked in as in my previous workout. I did feel a good tightness in my back after I completed "most" of my back routine. So its interesting that certain exercise routines cause the pump to appear sooner than later in my workout regimen. I do know that my strength level did slightly increase but not to any major degree, but did stay consistent. Again the pump stayed and was noticeable for about 1.5 hours afterwards. I have not seen it stay any longer as in other logs being listed.

Focus: Nothing out of the ordinary. Again I did not experience any additional focus factors from this product. Maybe after 10 years of lifting, I just don't let anything ditract me from my mission.

Coming Next: Monday evening will be my Chest/Bi/Abs routine. I am going to take 8 capsules of AX with this routine. I am hoping this will make some difference.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Interesting stuff. I really like how you are critical and really put thought into your assessment of the product you're testing.

gui1957

Awards
Sinner,

Am I being too critical? I don't want you to think that I am bad mouthing the product in anyway. I have done this in the past and alway evaluated products ion this manner.

gui

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Sinner,

Am I being too critical? I don't want you to think that I am bad mouthing the product in anyway. I have done this in the past and alway evaluated products ion this manner.

gui
Oh no. I didn't mean it that way at all. I like what you're doing.

It's too often I see overzealous logs, where it seems like the logger is trying to pimp the product moreso than working to determine if its even worth it to buy or sell. You're doing good. Keep it up.

gui1957

Awards
Workout w/8 capsules

Workout #6 - Monday - Chest/Bi's/Abs

Stat's

5"4", 156 lbs, 4 pounds to go to reach my target weight of 160lbs. I will then be going on a cutting cycle for the next 12 weeks.

TimeLine
3:30PM Had 40g protein shake, creatine capsules and large apple.
5:30PM Took 8 capsules of AX (NOS
6:10PM Arrived at gym, 10 minute stretching routine.
6:20PM Began workout

Workout Routine:
Consisted of - PecDec 2WU sets (180/180X12) Incline Bench Press 5 sets-1@180X10, 2@200X10, 2@220X9/8, Lying Chest press 5 sets - 1@150X12, 2@170X12,10 2@180X9,8; PecDec 5sets 1@180X12/2@200X12/10/220X11/220x10, Seated DB Press 4sets 1X45X12/2X55X12/2X60X11/10 (used 1-1.5 rest periods) Standing BB curls 4 sets 2X80X15/12/2X90X10/9, Lying Spider Curls 1@70x15/2@80x12/2@90x10. Hammer Curls 4 sets 2@35x20/2@40x15/12.(Used 1-1.5min rest periods) ABS: Kneeling Rope Crunches 4X25/25/20/20, Hanging Legups - 4x20/20/15/15, Oblique Pole Twist 3X40reps, (Used 1 min rest periods).

7:20PM - Took 6 BCAA capsules
7:40PM - Completed Workout and had PWO Shake w/48g protein/100 carbs/5G Glutamine
9:30PM - Had Chicken and salad meal.
11:30PM - Had bedtime shake 40g (whey/Cassein)

Observations

Pump:

From taking the 8 capsules before I left work I have to say that my vascularity started to appear sooner, about a half hour before I even got to the gym. The "Pump" also started sooner than expected and before I even completed my first regular set on the incline bench, I could actually feel it occurring. This really surprised me because it usually took a lot longer for me to really feel the pump, usually 4 to 5 sets before I would notice. Once I finished my chest exercises and then went on to my Bi's, the pump was so pronouned that a few of my gym buds remarked and I even was impressed. I told them I had increased the dosage to the max of 8 capsules and they countinued to watch and notice the results throughout my routine. My chest again felt tight and full and my bi's continued to increase during my routine and really never let up. Now, I can honestly say it was a pump very similiar to other products I have taken in the past. But, the "pump" again only stayed with me for about 1.5 hrs after my workout. It does not seem to extend beyond that time frame.

Side Effects:
With the dosage increase to 8capsules, I noticed I again did put on a good sweat. Again no nausea, fatigue, light-headedness or any negative reactions. Regarding muscle soreness the next day, it again was very minimal, which was surprising due to the volume factor. I did notice an increase in the strength factor due to more reps per set. Also, did not feel tired at all after my workout. So far, I think I have found the right dosage for a 50 yr old with this product. I will continue to use 8 capsules for the remainder of the test.

Note: Forgot to mention in my previous workouts. Since I started to sweat more, I have increased my water intake to over 64 ounces per workout. But I always drank two full bottles of water anyway.

Endurance/Intensity:

I have to say I was able to perform at an intensity level that allowed me a couple more reps on quite a few exercises and that was very surprising. Again this product seems to benefit me as a very positive endurance product. In all the products I have used over the years, I can't remember a product that allowed me to do so much more in my workout routine.

Focus:

Again I placed more focus on the "pump and strength issues" during my routine. I evaluated the pump and strength factors after each set and recorded them for comparison for similar future workouts. But, I did not notice any difference in focus, maybe its just my demeanor when I'm in the gym.

Coming Next: Legs/Abs routine on Wednesday. I will be using the dosage of 8 capsules again.

Talk to you then, Gui.

gui1957

Awards
Workout #7 - Wednesday - Legs & Abs

Stat's

5"4", 156 lbs, 4 pounds to go to reach my target weight of 160lbs. I will then be going on a cutting cycle for the next 12 weeks.

TimeLine
3:00PM Had protein bar, creatine capsules and apple.
4:45PM Took 8 capsules of AX (NOS)
5:30PM Arrived at gym, 10 minute fastwalk on treadmill.
5:40PM Began workout

Workout Routine:
Consisted of - Squats 2WU sets - 160/170X10 (5 sets) 12@210,12@220,2@240x10/10; Leg Presses (5 sets) 1@450X12, 1@540X12, 2@575X12, 1@625x10; Leg Extensions 4 sets 150X12/170X12/170X11/180X10; Standing Calf Raises 4 sets 1X180X15/1X220X15/2X300X13/12 Used 1-1.5min rest periods; ABS: Rope Cruches 4x25@90lbs, Hanging Knee-ups 4@BWX20/20/20/19; Decline Crunches 3X15/15/14, Pole Twists - 3 sets of 40 Used <1 min rest periods for abs.

6:30PM - Took 6 BCAA's
6:45PM - Completed Workout and had Post WO Shake w/50g protein/100 carbs/5G Glut

Observations

Pump: From taking the 8 capsules before I left work the vascularity again appear as I was driving and before I got to the gym. The "Pump" began as soon as I finished my 2 squat warmup sets and continued to increase throughout my leg routine. After doing the squats and leg presses, my legs felt very, very tight and full, especially my quads. This to me was exactly what my expectations were with this dosage. So, the question I would ask AX is? "Does the ingredients in each capsule need to be increasedmore concentrated to reduce the number of capsules to be taken?" I therefore will stay on the "8" capsule dosage for the remainder of this test. Finally, my leg pump again only stayed with me for about 1.5 hrs upon completing my workout.

Sides/Effects: Staying with the dosage of 8 capsules, the only thing I noticed was "the sweats" were very pronounced. A few people mentioned to me that they noticed I was sweating more than usual. Other than that, again no nausea, fatigue, light-headedness or negative reactions of any kind. Regarding muscle soreness the next day, I was again surprised it was very minimal. I thought for sure that with the heavier leg presses, my quads would be hurting the next day going up and down the stairs and home and work.

Endurance/Intensity: With my leg routine, I really as mentioned I pushed myself with the heavier volume to see if fatigue would be a factor and how I would again react. This time, I did not experience a slowdown at all toward the end of my workout, which makes me wonder if I should try a GVT routine instead. The strength level did rise in this routine and I can honestly say was quite a surprise. I did however increase my rest periods to about 2 minutes for the squats and leg presses and this seemed to be enough recover time for the lactic state to disperse, which possibly could be a factor.

Focus: Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

Coming Next: My Back/Tri and Abs routine on Saturday.

Talk to next time, Gui.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i'm so confused as to why your pump is lasting 3-4 times less than mine.

i noticed you said you were sweating more, are you drinking enough water to make up for what you're loosing? also, is there anything that you're around that could alter your nitrogen levels in your blood (smoking, being around car/truck emissions for an extended period, etc).

gui1957

Awards
Hey Suncloud,

Not near anything that would impact my nitrogen levels. I work in a bank. I do drink between 2 to 3 botles of water per workout. So, I'm thinking it has to be my age.

Gui

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey Suncloud,

Not near anything that would impact my nitrogen levels. I work in a bank. I do drink between 2 to 3 botles of water per workout. So, I'm thinking it has to be my age.

Gui
That's a really interesting observation, and actually a contributing reason why we wanted you to test this, as we wanted to see if age played any sort of a role in the effectiveness of the product.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
Hey Suncloud,

Gui
hrm. fascinating, and great observation.

gui1957

Awards
Workout#8 Saturday Back/Tri's Routine

Timeline
8:00AM took 6 BCAA capsules, kre-alkalyn creatine capsules.
8:30AM Breakfast Shake/banana/Oatmeal
10:30AM Took 9 capsules of AX. Note: I only have 18 capsules left for each of my last 2 remaining workouts. So, I divided the remaining capsules up for 9 each time.
11:30AM Arrive at gym and began my stretching exercises
11:45AM Performed Routine listed below.

(Deadlifts: 2wu-150/170x12, then 4 sets 220X12/12, 240X12/11, (Widegrip Lat pulldowns 4 sets 2@140x12, 2@150X12/10, narrow grip reverse pulldowns 4@120/110/100/100X12), (Sitting low rows 140/150/160/180X12), then Triceps routine (Tri pressdowns 4@100X12, Cable extensions 5@80x12-15, Lying BB extensions 3@80X12, Dips BW for 4x20).

1:30PM Took 6 BCAA capsules toward end of my routine.
2:00PM Had my PWO Banana Classic, w/48g protein, 100 carbs and 5g creatine.

Observations

Pump: Well the "Pump" again started first with the vascularity and then kicked in as in my previous workout. I did feel a very good tightness in my back after I completed the first couple sets of my back routine. So its interesting that with the larger dose I am certain this causes the pump to appear sooner than later in my workout regimen. I do know that my strength level has increased in my workout. Again the pump stayed and was noticeable for about 1.5 hours afterwards. During this test I have not seen it stay any longer as in other logs being listed.

Side Effects:/B] There was a slight difference noted from taking 9 capsules, it had to do with a buzzing in my ears about a half hour after taking the dose. Other than that, no nausea, light-headedness or negative reactions of any kind. Muscle soreness appeared the next day, but was very, very minimal. But, still taking Glucosamine. As I stated before, its not like other products that start fast and then diminish as you continue your workout.

Endurance/Intensity: So far, I have tried more volume and kept my intensity level high and yet the tiredness never really appears. I again shortened my rest periods to see if that would impact the results. I am sure I would still be able to workout longer than 1.5 hours.

Focus: Well, the buzzing in my ears the first half hour of my workout seemed to be a distraction. It did diminish after that and my focus was back to normal. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Coming Next: Monday evening will be my Chest/Bi/Abs routine. I am going to take 9 capsules of AX again with this routine.

gui1957

Awards
Workout #9 Saturday - Chest/Bi's/Abs

Stat's
5"4", 156 lbs, 4 pounds to go to reach my target weight of 160lbs before cuting cycle to get BF down to 10%.

TimeLine
6:45AM Had 25g protein shake, Kre-Alkalyn creatine capsules.
8:30AM Took "9" capsules of AX NOS
9:20AM Arrived at gym, 10 minute stretching routine.
9:30AM Began workout

Workout Routine:
Consisted of - Lying Press 2WU sets (160/160X12) Lying BB Chest press 5 sets - 3@200X12, 2@220X12; Incline Presses 5 sets -2@170X12, 2@180X12, 1@190X11, PecDec Machine 5 sets 180X12/200X12/220X10/10/9, (used 1 min rest periods) Lying Spider BB Curls 5 sets 1X70X15/2X80X12/2X90X12,10; Incline DB Curls 4 sets@35x12, BB Preacher Curls 4 sets 2X70X15/12/2X80X12/11, 1X90X8, 1-1.5 min rest periods: ABS: Hanging Leg Raises 4sets@BWx20, Standing Rope Crunches 4X25, Pole Twists 3X50, (Used less than 1 min rest periods).

11:00AM - Took 6 BCAA capsules before abs routine
11:15AM - Completed Workout and had PWO Shake w/50g protein/100 carbs/5G Glut/2 Kre-Alkalyn capsules
12:30PM - Had Turkey,brown rice and sweet potato meal.

Observations

Pump:
My Chest and Arms responded again in the usual positive way with the 9 caps. Chest was again tight and full, definitely a good feeling, the vascularity and pump in my bi's and forearms was again very pronounced. I was however curious what the effect would be with the 9 capsules? From my workout, I can honestly say that there was "no difference" in taking the 9 capsules. The pump continued to increase during my routine and again never let up. The "pump" again stayed with me for about 1.5 hrs after my workout and then faded.

Side Effects:
With the dosage increase to 9 capsules, 2 things were noticed: I again did put on a good sweat and made sure my water intake was sufficient. But, this ringing in my ears was present again. I can only assume it had something to do with my blood pressure. It did dissipate around a half-hour in to my routine. Again, no nausea, fatigue, light-headedness or negative reactions. Regarding muscle soreness the next day, was again very, very minimal, which tells me my body was acclimating to the pills very nicely. I did not feel tired or beatup after my workout with this product.

Endurance/Intensity:
In this routineas I previously mentioned I tried to perform a modified GVT-German Volume routine to see what it would do. I did notice I was able to perform more reps with the listed weights. I did notice an increase in sustained strength during my workout. Not sure if other testers had the same effects, but I think as a marketing item to older guys, this would defintely be a plus with this product.

Focus:
As I mentioned previously, I focused on the pump and strength areas during my routine. The only annoying issue was the ringing in my ears in the beginning that caused my focus to not be 100%. Once it disppeared, I was able to focuss totally.

Coming Next: My Leg/Abs routine on Wednesday. I will be using my final "9" capsules I have and this will conclude my testing of the product. I will create a final analysis of this alpha product and hope this provides AX with what they were looking for.

Until then, take care, Gui.

gui1957

Awards
Sorry Guys this was my Monday Workout routine. Forgot to change day in update.

Gui

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've seen a few of the other testers make mention of an increase in endurance as well.

enjoy your 9-caps legs/abs routine. I eagerly await your final review.

gui1957

Awards
Final Workout on AXplosion NOS

Final Workout #10 - Wednesday - Legs & Abs

Stat's
5"4", 157lbs, 3 pounds to go to reach my target weight of 160lbs. I will then be going on a cutting cycle for the next 12 weeks,starting in March.

TimeLine
3:00PM Had 50g protein shake/large apple, 2-Kre-Alkalyn Creatine capsules.
5:00PM Took the "9" reminaing capsules of AX/NOS I had.
6:00PM Arrived at gym, did 10 minute warmup on treadmill.
6:15PM Began workout

Workout Routine:
Consisted of - Squats 2WU sets @160/12 (5 sets) 1@220X12, 2@240x12, 2@260x10/8; Leg Presses (6 sets) 1@450X12, 2@540X12, 2@630x12, 2@720x8; Leg Extensions 4 sets 2@160X12, 2@170X12; 3sets Standing Calf@180/300/300, 2sets - Sitting Calf Raises, 42sets - Leg Curls 4 sets@100/140X12. Used 1-1.5min rest periods; ABS: Rope Crunches 4@80lbsx25, Hanging leg raises 4@BWX20; Decline Crunches 3X15, Pole Twists - 3 sets of 60. Used <1 min rest periods for abs routine.

7:20PM - Took 6 BCAA's before doing abs.
7:45PM - Completed Workout and had Post WO Shake w/50g protein/100 carbs/5G Glut, 5-Dessicated Liver tablets
9:30 PM - Had Turkey, brown rice and green beans for meal (Multi-vitamin, liver tablets.
11:30PM - Nightime shake before bed.

Observations

Pump: With the 9 capsules, I again began to notice vascularity as I was driving to the gym about 20 minutes after I took the dose. The "Pump" as expected, started as soon as I finished my 2 warmup sets and continued to increase throughout my leg routine. After doing the squats and leg presses, my quads felt very tight and full. But, I must admit there was no difference from taking the 8 capsules. This is what I assumed would happen with the increased dosage, but I wanted to be sure. Finally, the leg pump again only stayed with me for about 1.5 hrs upon completing my workout.

Sides/Effects: With the dosage of 9 capsules, only 2 things were again noticed, "the sweats" were very pronounced, and that expected buzzing in my ears for the first 20-30 minutes. Other than that, again no nausea, fatigue, light-headedness or other negative reactions. Regarding muscle soreness the next day, it was again minimal. I again thought the heavier squats and leg presses would be hurting the next day. Nice surprise!

Endurance/Intensity: With my leg routine, it really gave me a good analaysis of this product that I will prepare separately. But, I can honestly say at this time, this product is as good as any on the current market for the overall endurance factor.

Strength Level Overall, I did notice a slight increase in strength in the beginning of this test, as my body got more acclimated to the product. It also made me notice that my overall strength level did not waiver at the end of my workout or make me feel drained, as I have in the past on other products.

Focus: Sorry, nothing noticeable or out of the ordinary in my workout regimen.

Coming Next: Final Analysis of AX test product.

gui1957

Awards
Final Analysis of AXplosion

Intro:The following analysis is my honest opinion of this product from performing 10 routine workouts using the AXplosion test product. First of all, in all fairness I would like to say that these are the results of a 50 yr old man and may not be the results experience by younger individuals who are testing this product. For this analysis I will using a rating system of (1-5, with "1" being the lowest and "5" being the highest).

Pump Rating: 3
I have used a lot of pump products over the past 10 years and I have to say that this product did not live up to expectations with the dosage stated for a 150lb person. I had to increase the dosage and finally double the dosage to really experience the pump. The pump did however become quite pronounced at the double dosage that was a close comparison to other products I have taken. However, the vascularity factor I did obtain was the very same as when I took the product, "Black Powder".

Side Effects: Rating: 4
This to me was quite a surprise because I did not know the current composition of this test product. As previously stated, the side effects of sweating was no big deal to me and the buzzing in the ears was definitely a new thing. But, I am sure if I was taking this product on a regular basis, I would have gotten use to the buzzing. Also, to compensate for the sweating, all I did was increase my water intake, as also suggested by Suncloud. To me, if that is the only sides you will experinece, then overall this is a good thing.

Strength Level Rating: 3
In the beginning of this test, I thought I would experience slight increases from the beginning. It wasn't until I doubled the dosage that I really experienced the strength factor. I also found that 9 capsules does not make a difference over 8 capsules. So, more does not necessarily mean you will experience better results. On the other hand, my strength level did not dissipate as with other products. It was quite consistent throughout my workouts. Again, I thought this was a positive thing to experience with this product.

Endurance/Intensity Rating: 5
To me this was one of the most surprising factors of all. Only once did I slightly feel my endurance or intensity level falter in the 10 workouts. To me this products primary benefit is endurance not the pump. You are able to maintain your workout level and intensity factor. That was also the one noticeable factor that all of my gym buds remarked about. The factor of not being beatup also must be considered in a positivbe light. The "DOMS" were very minimal most of the time and I remarked about that factor a lot.

Dosage Rating:1
Well on this factor, I have to say it may be age dependent. But, I would definitely investigate if the capsules are under dosed for the weight classes stated. For me, I had to literally double the dosage to experience the expected results. I do understand this is an alpha test. If there is going to be a "beta test", I would suggest reviewing the dosage requirements or the ingredient concentrations for the next test. Also, if this supposed to be a "Pump" product, maybe something is missing or needs to be increased in the formula because, it seemd the "pump" was again secondary to the endurance factor experienced.

Libido/Sexual dose Rating: 1
Well, just because I'm 50 doesn't mean I'm dead. I did take the stated "8" capsules and I have to honestly say it was a "non-event". There was no fireworks, bells, whistles or standing on my head!! I am a healthly male and do not have any sexual problems. I have taken other over the counter sexual boosters and they were a lot more effective than this test product.

Overall
Being this is an "Alpha Test", I understand this product needs to be tweeked before it is marketed. I do think this product has potential, but I would definitely consider what development and marketing strategy AX decides to use. Hopefully, they can come up with a solution that will prove its both a pump inducer and an endurance product. To me, this product is just an average pump product compared to better pump products on the market today. But, as an endurance product it would get high scores. Also, what about the cost implications, if a person has to take so many capsules to experience the desired results, I hope the bottle will contain 180 capsules when it goes on the market. In its current form, this product will be like the other 90% of products today on the market that cater to the age group of 18 to 30yrs old. Most vendors don't realize that the age group of 30-50yr old has more disposable income than any teenager would. But that's another story.

Well, I hope this helps you in your overall analysis. I would definitely consider being a beta tester, if the opportunity is given to me by AX. I again want to thank AX for letting me participate in this alpha test.

Take care, Gui.

thesinner

thesinner

Recovering AXoholic
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good stuff.

Thank you for your very detailed review.

That endurance bit is surprising to me as well, but certainly some very nice information.

I'm not really surprised by the libido effects. I don't know what the guys were thinking with this bit; libido is controlled by brain chemistry. Unless the user is having a tough time "standing at attention" when he's in the mood, I wouldn't expect much to happen.

The finished product would be a drinkable powder-mix, not capsules. For the case of the alpha-test, we put them in capsules in order to correspond to dosing more accurately. X capsules = Y grams of active ingredient.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplement Logs 26