Anyone try the 'Pure Ginger Extract - Minimum 5% 6-Gingerol'?

purebred

Been looking to purchase this for some time but wanted to get some feedback regarding this product! I remember the radio segment on it was very impressive and it got me reconsidering the ginger tea I've been drinking for so long.

Thanks in advance to all who provide insightful feedback!

Cogrick2

Awards
Been looking to purchase this for some time but wanted to get some feedback regarding this product! I remember the radio segment on it was very impressive and it got me reconsidering the ginger tea I've been drinking for so long.

Thanks in advance to all who provide insightful feedback!
I bought and use the extract but I'm afraid I am short on insight. I have not noticed a difference that I can attribute to it or the astragalus extract. I change too many variables all the time. I'll say that it seems legit in that it smells and tastes "like" ginger but is different enough to make me believe it is an extract.

purebred

I bought and use the extract but I'm afraid I am short on insight. I have not noticed a difference that I can attribute to it or the astragalus extract. I change too many variables all the time. I'll say that it seems legit in that it smells and tastes "like" ginger but is different enough to make me believe it is an extract.
Do you notice any of the touted benefits relating to increased energy levels?

Cogrick2

Awards
No, but I am currently reducing stimulant use so I may be able to detect that effect soon. I am not the best source of info given how many supplements I use. For example, perhaps it is reducing muscle soreness after exercise, but I also use Mass Pro Synthagen.

purebred

No, but I am currently reducing stimulant use so I may be able to detect that effect soon. I am not the best source of info given how many supplements I use. For example, perhaps it is reducing muscle soreness after exercise, but I also use Mass Pro Synthagen.
Hm. The manner in which the radio host was touting its benefits left me with the impression it would serve as a good source of energy compared to caffeine. Thank you for your feedback.

How do you consume the extract btw?

Cogrick2

Awards
Good question: I usually use it once per day, in the morning, and on an empty stomach. This is highly variable though. Sometimes I use it with food, and sometimes I use it in the morning and night. Finally, I often do not measure it out so I might use anywhere from 1/4 teaspoon to a teaspoon per serving.

One more thing: I believe we should often trust our intuition. My intuition is that the ginger extract and astragalus extract are good for me and I will continue using them. I have tense muscles, possibly related to anxiety, and the ginger might be helping me have less soreness and train more often. Distinguishing its effect from the mass pro synthagen, green powder, astragalus, and so on is impossible. :)