Effectiveness of 3-beta?

Jcc

Awards
  • Established
Hey, first time poster here, though I've been lurking for a while. Anyways, a short cycle of 3aa/4ad sounds appealing to me, however, 1fast is the only place where I'm seeing bulk 3aa powder, and I don't really want to buy a full 10g.

However, at $1 a gram, 3-beta doesn't sound all that bad. Is the conversion rate all THAT much lower? I was considering a 5g 3-beta/5g 4ad transdermal for 2 weeks. Wonder if that would be worth my time.

chosen5

Banned
Awards
However, at $1 a gram, 3-beta doesn't sound all that bad. Is the conversion rate all THAT much lower?
It's conversion rate is purported to be roughly 1/5 that of the alpha isomer. So other than the fact that you have to buy 10g intervals of the alpha, they're roughly equally cost effective.

I was considering a 5g 3-beta/5g 4ad transdermal for 2 weeks. Wonder if that would be worth my time.
I ran 3-beta at 300mg/day and experienced VERY good increases in strength and muscle hardness. I wouldn't recommend running the beta isomer at much lower than the 300mg/day level and stacking it w/4-ad would be a good choice as it will act as an anti-estrogen keeping the gains much cleaner!

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
The conversion rate for 3-Alpha is approx 43% while 3-Beta is approx 9%. The 3-Alpha is worth the $5/gram.

chosen5

Banned
Awards
The conversion rate for 3-Alpha is approx 43% while 3-Beta is approx 9%. The 3-Alpha is worth the $5/gram.
According to the conversion rates you posted, and assuming ph have no anabolic effects before conversion, 3-alpha would be 4 and (7/9) times better than 3-beta. Yet, 3-alpha costs 5 times as much and you're forced to buy it in 10g increments - which he already stated he didn't really want to do.

SO, after actually reading Jcc's post and taking all facts into consideration, if you're not wanting to buy at least 20g of 3-alpha it's actually monetarily and efficaciously in your favor to go with the 3-beta and running it anywhere from 300-500mg a day.

FYI I would run the 3-beta and 4-ad at a 1:1 ratio - meaning 300mg 3-beta/300mg 4-ad etc etc.

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
But if you are doing in a transdermal that means 5 times less the liquid that gets slopped on as well. I would definately opt for the 3-alpha.. TTY

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established

According to the conversion rates you posted, and assuming ph have no anabolic effects before conversion, 3-alpha would be 4 and (7/9) times better than 3-beta. Yet, 3-alpha costs 5 times as much and you're forced to buy it in 10g increments - which he already stated he didn't really want to do.

SO, after actually reading Jcc's post and taking all facts into consideration, if you're not wanting to buy at least 20g of 3-alpha it's actually monetarily and efficaciously in your favor to go with the 3-beta and running it anywhere from 300-500mg a day.

FYI I would run the 3-beta and 4-ad at a 1:1 ratio - meaning 300mg 3-beta/300mg 4-ad etc etc.

Not to mention, you have to ask yourself why 3-Alpha has a four times higher conversion rate. Is it because the liver is very effective at breaking down 3-Beta? If this is the case (which I believe it is), you are punishing your liver.

chosen5

Banned
Awards
But if you are doing in a transdermal that means 5 times less the liquid that gets slopped on as well. I would definately opt for the 3-alpha.. TTY
I doubt he's like you and I curt whom disperse enough gel/spray to indulge in 1gram+ of androgens a day :)

At 300mg 4-ad/3-beta a day he could get a good 25 day cycle into one bottle of t-gel (or homebrew).

Instead of having an extra 6-7 grams of powder laying around he could get just what he needs!

**actually it's 4 and 7/9 more liquid "slopped" on as well Curt!and that's considering that ph have no anabolic effect before conversion, but that's probably over your and bow's heads**

chosen5

Banned
Awards

Not to mention, you have to ask yourself why 3-Alpha has a four times higher conversion rate. Is it because the liver is very effective at breaking down 3-Beta? If this is the case (which I believe it is), you are punishing your liver.
Wouldn't it be exactly the opposite, those compounds which the liver has DIFFICULTY breaking down are in fact the more hepatotoxic compounds?!

Hepatotoxic: relating to or causing injury to the liver.

**in case you didn't know**

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
There is nothing that says 3-beta or alpha is active before conversion. 4-ad on the other hand is active before conversion. I would still much rather put on 100mg of something than 300mg any day.. TTY

chosen5

Banned
Awards
I think you're out of your league here bow! Why do you think 17aa and methylated androgens are rather hepatotoxic? According to you it must be due to the inherent fact that they're broken down so much in the liver that hardly ANY gets delivered systemicly - must be why you only take 20-50mg of them, huh?!

You're more than welcome to give out your opinions, and I welcome them, but in the future please refrain from propogating such nonsense! You're giving individuals advise on altering their endocrinological systems and you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about!

Even worse though, EVEN the hepatotoxic androgens have been shown time and again through medical research to return liver enzyme levels to baseline upon discontinuation - so that is a moot point. Showing that you only brought it up in an effort to discredit myself, and in the process you only served to make a fool of yourself! Not to mention Curt, the cowboy 2 go, whom came in on his stallion to try and save bow - sad Curt got caught standing behind the imbecile!

Bow, do you also know that liver cells regenerate themselves on a regular basis? Maybe you should read up a little more before you give more advice bow or pay closer attention to your posting!

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by chosen5

I think you're out of your league here bow! Why do you think 17aa and methylated androgens are rather hepatotoxic? According to you it must be due to the inherent fact that they're broken down so much in the liver that hardly ANY gets delivered systemicly - must be why you only take 20-50mg of them, huh?!

You're more than welcome to give out your opinions, and I welcome them, but in the future please refrain from propogating such nonsense! You're giving individuals advise on altering their endocrinological systems and you don't have a clue as to what you're talking about!

Even worse though, EVEN the hepatotoxic androgens have been shown time and again through medical research to return liver enzyme levels to baseline upon discontinuation - so that is a moot point. Showing that you only brought it up in an effort to discredit myself, and in the process you only served to make a fool of yourself! Not to mention Curt, the cowboy 2 go, whom came in on his stallion to try and save bow - sad Curt got caught standing behind the imbecile!

Bow, do you also know that liver cells regenerate themselves on a regular basis? Maybe you should read up a little more before you give more advice bow or pay closer attention to your posting!
Did I stand behind what he said???? WHere????? I did not agree with what he said but you corrected him before i could.. So please get off your high horse and come down to earth and act like someone who is here to share info not to pounce when you see someone screw up.. TTY

Alpha Dog

Alpha Dog

Obese Member
Awards
  • Established
Yup. I screwed up. My bad. I will self inflict twelve lashes.

chosen5

Banned
Awards
Yup. I screwed up. My bad. I will self inflict twelve lashes.
I just hope your liver isn't shot to he|| from that 3-alpha man! :D

I do apologize for my pompous attitude, little too much testosterone in my system at the moment!