SARM-X, if it's true, I want it!

cgcrz8

Awards
Saw it in the latest edition of MD magazine. It was an ad by MHP. I asked Dave Palumbo about it on another forum and he said he doesn't know too much about it. I'm going to e-mail the company and ask them Q's about what gains are comparable to. Anyways, I'm glad the industry is moving towards innovation though!

*P.S. there was a sweet article about methyl metitiopistane (sp) AKA HAvoc/epistane saying that the methylated version was more potent than the regular injectable. To sum up what they say the injectable is mg for mg as potent as methyltest and the methylated is 12x more potent than methyltest. Also the article states due to low androgenicity, its strictly considered anabolic.

Last edited:
rpen22

rpen22

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It looks like it's DHEA and Ferulic Acid. Not sure what FA is, however.

cgcrz8

Awards
Nevermind guys. Basically DHEA with antagonist to androgen receptor of prostate. Here is what I found on PUBMED:

Trans-4-hydroxy-3-methoxycinnamic acid (ferulic acid, FA) antagonized the effect of exogenous androgens on the ventral prostate (VP) in castrated rats as well as the effect of endogenous androgens in intact rats. FA, however, had no effect on the seminal vesicles (SV) and levator ani muscle (LAM), nor oestrogenic effect in female rats and mice. FA did not antagonize the receptor binding of testosterone nor inhibit the conversion of testosterone into 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone (DHT).

wrestler119

wrestler119

Awards
I thought this was going to be a Specific Androgen Receptor Modulator. I have friends here at school who are involved in steroid and muscle growth research and they say SARMs will be the next generation of steroids. Basically, the androgens only attach to receptors in muscles, and not to receptors on the the prostate and skalp. Should be interesting.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
SARMs are supposed to be the next gen AAS...but thats not going to be for years...

solidwon

Awards
It's a scam based on fantasy scientific research. Real SARMs are being developed as we gawk over this fake one and you won't find it at GNC. Dave Palumbo couldn't possibly bad mouth this product on an open forum because MHP does an awful lot of advertising in MD. I have been generally supportive of MHP's product until this one. Their stock has plummeted in my world irreparably.

cgcrz8

Awards
I agree. Using words like this on a product will make me less willing to buy from them. That sucks, got me excited.

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
It works with the STRAP.

The strap is Fing AWESOME!! I swear I made the greatest strength gains using that thing....Ok, just kidding!:icon_lol: What the heck do some companies think:fool2: !

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
The research is done on rats.

Come on now.

Remember saccharine? Caused cancer in rats but didn't do that in humans.
Rats aren't always a good physiological model for humans. I wouldn't design a supplement knowing the only data I had was on rats.

But - then again, I'm not a retard.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
lol, well rat data is always going to be your first step on the research ladder. One should pay attention to the trends that occur with rodent data certainly, but not draw firm conclusions until human trials happen.

I would not be surprised if someone swiped a SARM chem formula and had it produced in China..then had the vast online juice community guinea pig it for them. lol

Mark my words.

2fresh

2fresh

Awards
wow I got this product for free and was like WHATTT no way but now im not so excited =/

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
why do we waste all of this good research on rats.

pick some death row inmates. i mean they're all going to be euthanized eventually, so why not put them to good use.

i mean if some do indeed want to give back to the public and say they are willing to turn their life around, i say, lets not give them a second chance, just because their crimes were obviously so heinous to warrant death... but let them do some good by allowing them to donate their bodies to science, in preservation of humanity.

just think of all the REAL feedback we'd get!

or just take some people and put them in a chuck e. cheese costume and call'em "rats"

addijhaq

addijhaq

Awards
lol, well rat data is always going to be your first step on the research ladder. One should pay attention to the trends that occur with rodent data certainly, but not draw firm conclusions until human trials happen.

I would not be surprised if someone swiped a SARM chem formula and had it produced in China..then had the vast online juice community guinea pig it for them. lol

Mark my words.

PLUS

wow I got this product for free and was like WHATTT no way but now im not so excited =/

EQUALS: Legal Supplement Company "rat" research.

conglomerate "chemist" 1: hey, we ran out of money for rats on account of all that advertising space spent in MD.

conglomerate "chemist" 2: well, let's just do the usual again... how many samples should we give away for review this time?
20, 30?

cc1: naw too many... 4 high school seniors will be good enough. oh and make sure when you post the free samples in the forum, make sure you make it sounds real serious. like only "experienced" posters need apply. hahaha. and make a list of requirements these "experienced" posters must have in order to obtain the "beta" version.

cc2: haha good one. i think the writeup should include some "scientific data".. pull up some research articles to quote from pubmed.

cc1: no, that's too easy for some idiot to just do a search and realize this stuff is just a derivative of miracle grow .. use that old chem book i got at that garage sale, last week... i think it's from 1942 translated from turkish into english. i'm sure there's some good quotable material in there.

cc2: hmm, what should we do if the feedback is negative. i mean i'm not even sure this compound is bio-available. i mean it makes watermelons huge and ripe, how's that gonna correlate into muscle growth?

cc1: better put some monohydrate in it then before you get out the cap'em quick.

cc1: man i still dunno, we need some kinda tech gimmick... hey, lets put in there somewhere that it's a sublingual.

cc2: that's ingenious. "under the tongue for rapid release and immediate absorption" ya, that's a great sell point.

cc1: ooh, snap, i think i can get ahold of that candy that makes pop rocks fizzle in your mouth.. lets put that in there too, really give it that "rapid release" effect.

cc1: am i forgetting anything else....?

cc2: i think we're lacking a hot fitness model in our ads... ah, we can't afford it right now.

cc1: yeah, but give it a week after the first posts. i'm sure these'll be flyin' outta gnc in NO time. LOL.. N.O. haha, man remember when we came up with that "CUTTING EDGE DEVELOPEMENT!!"? hahahaha. o man. that was a good time.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
It works with the STRAP.
Dude,

I was watching UFC last night, one of the winners was sponsered by Fizojizz, and he had the strap written across his chest and azz!! I felt so bad for him! I was hoping he was illiterate so he couldnt FEEL the pain!

Beige

Awards
  • Established
I worked for a GNC for about a year (I promised them that I knew nothing about supplements and liked to lie so I was hired on the spot). Anyways, during that year I did not sell a single strap...because the original stock sold out and they never sent us any more. This one kid bought a brutal mass kit and I think the loss of the hundred or so bucks weighed more than he gained while on those powerful anabolics.

Big BAMA

Big BAMA

Awards
  • Established
Every time I see a fisojizzle ad I laugh then I feel bad for all the dumbazz's that will end up buying it. I don't feel bad for people who use SDI labs. I pity people that stupid.
I use the old adage "If it sounds to good to be true, It probably isn't".
If you buy your supp's because of the ads you deserve what you get NADA.
But seriously the strap works if you put it around your wallet.