Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
Can't seem to find any information on this. Thanks for any help.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Yes.

17a-methyl-5a-androst-2-ene-17b-ol

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yes.

17a-methyl-5a-androst-2-ene-17b-ol
i believe he asked if DMT is reduced in the body by 5AR. the answer is NO, DMT is already 5A-reduced, which is mostly what accounts for the androgenic sides (libido, acne, strength, hairloss, etc)

SubliminalX

SubliminalX

Awards
  • Established
i believe he asked if DMT is reduced in the body by 5AR. the answer is NO, DMT is already 5A-reduced, which is mostly what accounts for the androgenic sides (libido, acne, strength, hairloss, etc)
Thanks. But I thought being 5-alpha reduced doesn't necessarily mean it's a strong androgen receptor agonizer. Like Deca is reduced to a weaker compound, while non-reduced Deca is the stronger androgen.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Thanks. But I thought being 5-alpha reduced doesn't necessarily mean it's a strong androgen receptor agonizer. Like Deca is reduced to a weaker compound, while non-reduced Deca is the stronger androgen.
DHN is the exception, not the rule. virtually all 5A-reduced steroids are dry (of course), hardening, good for strength, unfriendly to those with MPB or BPH...and many cause acne and aggression to a greater degree than their unconverted counterparts.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
oh and a compound's androgenicity and its AR affinity are not the same thing...although they can feasibly be related, as androgenic sides will be exhibited more on a stronger steroid.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
i believe he asked if DMT is reduced in the body by 5AR. the answer is NO, DMT is already 5A-reduced
Actually, the question simply said, "Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?" and the answer is yes, it IS reduced by 5a-reductase in it's current state (as you yourself went on to say). Maybe the question should have asked, "Is DMT Reduced/Effected in the Body by 5a-Reductase?"

Smart-A$$...

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Actually, the question simply said, "Is DMT Reduced by 5-AR?" and the answer is yes, it IS reduced by 5a-reductase in it's current state (as you yourself went on to say). Maybe the question should have asked, "Is DMT Reduced/Effected in the Body by 5a-Reductase?"

Smart-A$$...
i dont believe DMT ever encounters the 5A reductase enzyme during its pharmaceutical manufacture...therefore the answer is still "no."

anyway, this is all semantics. i think we have made it clear what the actual scenario is.