does methoxy TST aromatize or 5a-reduce?

Rob69420

Awards
since methoxy TST is supposed to be similar to test, an obvious question is whether it aromatizes (converts to an estrogen analog) or 5a reduces (converts to a DHT analog)?

does it have any affinity for the aromatase or 5a-reductase enzymes?

would nolva and finasteride on cycle be a good idea?

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
since methoxy TST is supposed to be similar to test, an obvious question is whether it aromatizes (converts to an estrogen analog) or 5a reduces (converts to a DHT analog)?

does it have any affinity for the aromatase or 5a-reductase enzymes?

would nolva and finasteride on cycle be a good idea?
In the write up for it ,it says it aromatizes slightly,and i can attest to this as it does cause slight water retention,but i am not sure if it is affected by 5-alpha reductase.

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards

For all we know it may already be 5-alpha reduced. I still have yet to see the structure/mol. formula anywhere.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
assuming TST is methoxy-testosterone, which is the best guess we have now - yes it will aromatize and yes it will be impacted by the 5AR enzyme

bigSMokey

bigSMokey

Awards
When TST first came out, I immediately thought it might be methoxy-test as well, in obvious relation to TRN. But the active is described as methoxy trienosterone, which leads one to believe it has 3 double bonds, an isomer of TRN. But then again that may have been the intention all along - cause extra confusion in looking for a triene.

Damn, I wish we knew the structure. I would not be uncomfortable w/ methoxy-test. But some unknown steroid with a unique triene structure, I just don't know.