MOHN Replacement, Any post-ban products even close to it?

T

tlow4u

Awards
I dearly miss MOHN. There is a bevy of post-ban products Ergo Max(s), Pheraplex, etc. but I haven't kept up with real-world feedback and frankly am a bit overwhelmed.

What a need is something suitable for long term use, say 8-12 weeks or more continuously for dieting and also for clean, slow steady bulking. Health concerns rules out stuff like Superdrol. The characteristics I'm looking for in rough order of importance are:

minimal shutdown
minimal lipid impact
positive effects on mood/energy/well-being (at least not that M1T "death like" feel)
minimal water retention
low liver panel impact

In short something like anavar - though I have no source for that. Anything currently readily available that's even close?

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
That's so funny you posted this ...I was thinking the exact same thing earlier today....I loved MOHN...ufortunately..I didn't get enough to run it more than once at the high dosage that I like.

S

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yea I never actually stocked up from the original ban (wish I had now, I would love some of the good ol transdermals, to many god damn methyls, nothing that great to take besides the methyls) and once the ban was over I read all about MOHN and how much people liked it. I REALLY wish I would have been able to try it. Who knows, maybe a source would start selling it. I am not sure what MOHN actually was, if it was a ph to something or its own steroid.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
It was (is) a steriod. 17a-Methyl-4-Hydroxynandrolone. It received comparisons to Anavar and/or Primo. It wasn't super anabolic, but it's lack of sides were always welcome :D. It was a good addition to cutting.

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I ran it at 50mgs for 6 weeks and was very pleased with it. My abs came through much easier. I used it on a mild cut and looked my alltime best at the end of the cut.

M

massmonster

Awards
  • Established
sure would be nice to have 36g of m4ohn! :dance:

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
I used it up from 28mg and leveled off at 36mg (or was is 40? lol.)
Made for a great end to a dieting down period...ended up gaining a little bit o' muscle.

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this thread is making me drool. I ordered what I thought was the mother load of MOHN pre ban. I didnt realize that it needed to be dosed around 36mg a day. So I ate it all in one cycle lol...................I am absolutely in LOVE with MOHN. I recomp;d amazingly on it,felt pumped, wired , just damn good.

Alpine

Alpine

Awards
  • Established
I dearly miss MOHN. There is a bevy of post-ban products Ergo Max(s), Pheraplex, etc. but I haven't kept up with real-world feedback and frankly am a bit overwhelmed.

What a need is something suitable for long term use, say 8-12 weeks or more continuously for dieting and also for clean, slow steady bulking. Health concerns rules out stuff like Superdrol. The characteristics I'm looking for in rough order of importance are:

minimal shutdown
minimal lipid impact
positive effects on mood/energy/well-being (at least not that M1T "death like" feel)
minimal water retention
low liver panel impact

In short something like anavar - though I have no source for that. Anything currently readily available that's even close?
I liked m4ohn a lot too. I got all mine from DesignerSupps. I just made a post asking about H-50 and PP. Im basically searching for the best m4ohn alternative also. Obviously anything even close to Anavar would be great.

Check it out:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/anabolics/36127-halodrol-50-vs-phera-plex.html

I

ingo_1978

Awards
If Halodrol-50 is anything like oral turinabol then that's probably going to be the closest you'll get.

DAdams91982

DAdams91982

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank God for the Nutraplanet buy 12 get 12 sale it had!!!

Adams

O

oli200

Awards
I believe it is still legal to sell, however as most PH/pro-steroid products are produced in the US, mohn is near impossible to get in the uk now also.

M

miked512

Awards
:-(

I miss MOHN as well. I also missed that buy 12, get 12 sale nutraplanet had.

:-(

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I just liked the great moods it gives. its a greatly missed product.

UHCougar05

UHCougar05

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that still has several bottles of M4OHN from DS. I started to run a short cycle of it about 6 months ago but had to stop due to work and school getting hectic. The more I read, the more I learned that I needed to dose higher because of my weight. Here I am coveting my stash of PHs like the guy from LOTR. My Precioussssss....:D

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
This thread is interesting because half the time people are/were usually bashing on M4OHN because it's weak, no results, need high doses, etc. etc. Now it seems people are missing it like a lost child or something!!!
My take is this: It is a mild but good substance for cutting and very moderate gains with minimal sides---yeah, a lot like var. If you run it at 36mg/day or more, you'll probably like it! My best M4 runs were 6-8 weeks, starting at 8-12mg/day (stacked with X, Y, or Z for 3-4 weeks), then ending at 36-40mg/day solo.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

minimal shutdown
minimal lipid impact
minimal water retention
low liver panel impact

Prostanozol seems to fit fairly well with what your looking for. I ran it for 8wks and had no "noticable" shut down, no change in mood or well being, no water retention, and no "death like" feeling associated with m1t. The liver and lipid panel I don't know as I didn't plan to have blood work done. But since it's unmethylated I would assume that it's in the ball park with M4OHN if not a little better.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
I guess I'm one of the lucky ones that still has several bottles of M4OHN from DS. I started to run a short cycle of it about 6 months ago but had to stop due to work and school getting hectic. The more I read, the more I learned that I needed to dose higher because of my weight. Here I am coveting my stash of PHs like the guy from LOTR. My Precioussssss....:D
I have two bottles and two grams powder. :D

A

Atlas

Awards
I would say the closest things would be Prostanozol especially becuase it is unmethylated Winni and Halodrol-50 if what BK says is true! The Phera chemically is too androgenic for what you are looking for, despite the lack of sides in my opinion!

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I would say the closest things would be Prostanozol especially becuase it is unmethylated Winni and Halodrol-50 if what BK says is true! The Phera chemically is too androgenic for what you are looking for, despite the lack of sides in my opinion!
I'm guessing M4OHN and Halodrol are probably pretty different actually, but then I don't usually believe what BK says when he's busy pimping a new Gaspari supp. No offense to BK (necessarily), but advertisements (in general) in this industry are about as genuine as is professional wrestling.

No offense to professional wrestling, of course, and I mean that from the heart.

As a matter of fact, I've always maintained that pro wrestling is the most honest sport in the world! Why? Because everybody knows that it's fixed, so nobody loses any money betting on it!!! :thumbsup:
:trout: <<(foreign object in the ring...)

J

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
LOL I love that foreign object icon...had to give u a good rep pt for that one.

W

WannaGro

Board Supporter
Awards
Hey guys who are comparing the prostan to the mohn, what dosage did you use and did you run it solo?

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
Not to get off track, but how long will MOHN last before losing it's potency? I bought a ton of it before the ban and have enough for three 5-week cyles.

Thanks,

Gumbo

C

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't even know that M4OHN was that good, I have a bottle stored away in my freezer. I picked it up free with the original SuperDrol deal. I have been trying to figure out what to do with it?

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey guys who are comparing the prostan to the mohn, what dosage did you use and did you run it solo?
I used the standarded dosage of 75mg(3caps) per day for for 8wks during the summer(solo cycle). It did a really good job of maintaining muscle mass on a cut and bringing out density and vascularity for the summer. All in all from my personal experience with both compounds(prost. and MOHN) I'd say that they are both really close to each other. I basically got the same results from each.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Not to get off track, but how long will MOHN last before losing it's potency? I bought a ton of it before the ban and have enough for three 5-week cyles.

Thanks,

Gumbo
I think the theoretic half-life was around 4-6 hours. It seems to take a week or two to start to "feel" it. Despite that, I recall still "feeling" it about a week or two after subsiding. I had success at low doses (12-16 mg/d, @ 210-215 lbs.), but most folks ran it at moderate/high doses of about 24-36 gm/d.

L

Lakevillethor

Awards
But the 17a-methyl group changes so much. Everyone seems to think that the methyl group just makes it more orally absorbable. IN reality, it really radically changes the types of gains. Look at 1-T and m1t.

S

Skark

Awards
  • Established
Damn, Y'all really didn't stock up. I have 20g left:cheers:

J

JonasDavidsson

Awards
i am going to run a prostanozol/m4ohn cutting cycle for 6 weeks before next summer...i know were to get m4ohn he he

Skigazzi

Skigazzi

Awards
  • Established
I've used MOHN, and when looking for a similar effect (getting lean and adding a little quality LBM with little sides) I found a low dose Emax cycle to really do a good job. I ran 4 weeks at 10mg daily.

Gains were lean (about 7 lbs), PCT was a breeze, all gains kept.

No sides at all.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established

Thanks,

Gumbo
guys im pretty sure hes asking about the shelf life not the halflife of the powders.:hammer:

B

Burner

Awards
I've used MOHN, and when looking for a similar effect (getting lean and adding a little quality LBM with little sides) I found a low dose Emax cycle to really do a good job. I ran 4 weeks at 10mg daily.

Gains were lean (about 7 lbs), PCT was a breeze, all gains kept.

No sides at all.
I've been thinking of doing the same thing. What was your calorie intake like? Had you used emax before, and if so what dosages?

H

hushdrops

Awards
That's what I was thinking...

This thread is interesting because half the time people are/were usually bashing on M4OHN because it's weak, no results, need high doses, etc. etc. Now it seems people are missing it like a lost child or something!!!
That's what I was thinking as well. A while back I even created a post asking a similar question: Why was it that even though most people didn't have great things to say about MOHN (many complaining that at it's suggested dose it's a joke, even at 40 - 60 MG you won't gain much etc.) & then A. L. Rea stated that MOHN was his favorite all time Pro-Steroid in the original ErgoMax ad literature.

Both cases it's like it was around and not that big of a deal, most said not to bother with it & after it's banned there's all of the new positive attention to the product. I hope it was underlooked last year & is a better product than initially believed to be but just like with alot of other things -once something is gone, discontinued -just no more available it seems as if it always becomes "better" now than when it was freely available.

H

hushdrops

Awards
What about good 'ole M-Dien / Methyl-D?

While on the MOHN subject, what about M-Dien (Methyl-D), has anyone noticed any new "intrest" in it as well as MOHN (as they were often stacked together) or is Methyl-D still lacking in its reputation?

I wonder if one would be better if both MOHN and M-Dein were now available to them for someone to take a larger dose of MOHN alone versus lowering the MOHN dose to allow for a stacked dose of M-Dien?

Since M-Dien is not being looked upon so favorably as MOHN these days (at least I haven't seen that on the forums) stacking the two may be a thing of the past with MOHN alone cycles being the better choice (if M-Dien still turns out to be not so hot).

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
I'll run MDien again, probably in the last 4 weeks of an 8 weeker as a good finishing item; worked well for me for hardening/drying out a bit and some strength benefits.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
though it operates through a completely different mechanism, Eform (formastane) can elevate test levels which promotes fat loss. I thought it was pretty good. It's only $12.99 I think

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
though it operates through a completely different mechanism, Eform (formastane) can elevate test levels which promotes fat loss. I thought it was pretty good. It's only $12.99 I think
how much form do you use, and are we talking transdermal?

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
yeah the dermabolics transdermal, I used the bare minimum but not as a standalone. The reviews on 1fast are all good.
worth a shot, I perfer non-steroidal non-oral anti-e's I think..

B

bluedelts

Awards
Prostanozol is winny w/o the methyl

Prostanozol seems to fit fairly well with what your looking for. I ran it for 8wks and had no "noticable" shut down, no change in mood or well being, no water retention, and no "death like" feeling associated with m1t. The liver and lipid panel I don't know as I didn't plan to have blood work done. But since it's unmethylated I would assume that it's in the ball park with M4OHN if not a little better.
Eve though new here, used to own a supplement company & have much experience w/ both supps & aas. Llewellyn says that Prostanzol is essentially oral winny w/o methylation, The Washington Post had the ant-desidner teroid detective Catlin test it at his lab @ UCLA. Said it contained a steroid, but never said which one. I agree it's oral winny.

poopypants

poopypants

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i must be lost but how did eform pop up here? i personally used eform once with some 6-oxo post cycle and aggrevated the **** outta my developing case of gyno. i probally would have been happier at that point if i had never been born with nipples at all they were so sore. i ende up running a stand alone RXT cycle and it made all signs of gyno dissapear.

S

s.norman

Awards
  • Established
using mohn now at 40mg as a cutter w/ t3/clen for last 10wks. i have dropped a good deal of bf% and actually gained 7lbs. normally, t3 eats up muscle and i was surprised big-time at how well mohn preserves it- muscles are somewhat pumped and not flat like t3 makes them. mohn=great stuff!!

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
I have run M4ohn@32mgs for 6 weeks each of the last two summers.I run it with T-4 and Albuterol. Not much weight or size gain(I am usually still huge from my winter bulk,haha) Strength slightly increased.The best part is the good all day walking around feeling it produces.I feel something like I did as an 18 year old going to my girlfriends house to get laid!...Also great vacularity. low toxicity with a hardly noticable shutdown and PCT.It feels like you could stay on it forever....I think EMAX compares interms of physical effects including PCT.vascularity not quite the same,but with a definate thining effect.I did not get the same "high level "feelings of well being, but maybe because I ran it toward the end of the fall