Oral Testoserone? Maybe if combined with Dutasteride...

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Article basically says more research is needed but they did see increases in serum T.

1: J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2005 May;90(5):2610-7. Epub 2005 Feb 15.Related Articles, Links

[size=+1]Oral testosterone in oil plus dutasteride in men: a pharmacokinetic study.[/size]

Amory JK, Bremner WJ.

Center for Research in Reproduction and Contraception, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Washington Medical School, Box 356429, 1959 NE Pacific Street, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA. [email protected]

Testosterone (T) is not administered orally, because it has been reported to be rapidly metabolized by the liver. We hypothesized that sufficient doses of T or T enanthate (TE), administered orally in oil, would result in clinically useful elevations in serum T. We also hypothesized that coadministration of dutasteride (D) with T or TE would minimize increases in serum DHT seen previously with oral administration. Therefore, we conducted a pharmacokinetic study of oral T and TE in oil, with and without concomitant D, in normal men whose T production had been temporarily suppressed by the GnRH antagonist acyline. Thirteen healthy men (mean age, 24 +/- 6 yr) were enrolled and assigned to oral T (n = 7) and oral TE (n = 6) groups and were administered 200, 400, or 800 mg of either T or TE in sesame oil in the morning on 3 successive days 24 h after receiving acyline. Blood samples for measurement of serum T and dihydrotestosterone were obtained before T or TE administration and 0.5, 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, and 24 h after administration. Subjects were then administered D for 4 d before repeating the sequence of T or TE doses with D. Serum T was significantly increased in a dose-dependent fashion with the administration of oral T or TE in oil. Coadministration of D with oral T or TE significantly increased the 24-hr average serum T levels compared with administration of T or TE alone [average serum T after 400 mg dose, 8.7 +/- 3.0 nmol/l (T) and 8.3 +/- 5.7 nmol/l (TE) vs. 16.1 +/- 5.8 nmol/l (T +D) and 15.0 +/- 8.8 nmol/l (TE + D); P < 0.05 for T vs. T and D]. The administration of oral T or TE in oil combined with D results in unexpected and potentially therapeutic increases in serum T. Additional studies of this combination as a novel form of oral androgen therapy are warranted.

Publication Types:
  • Clinical Trial
  • Randomized Controlled Trial
PMID: 15713724 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
are you hinting at andriol ?
I had to do some googling on Andriol because I didn't know what it was.. but no.. It looks like that is administered with an oil and works through the lymphyatic system. And the doses on that are crap.

This study went up to 800mg. Plus.. look at the pub date, seems Andriol has been out for alot longer than that.

french_muscle

Awards
  • Established
hmmm .... andriol is testosterone undecanoate in a cap and is the only one oral test I know of, therefore it is mainly absorbed by the lymphatic system, but 800mg of that stuff ED will give you gastrointestinal discomfort and stress, plus it will be expensive

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hmmm .... andriol is testosterone undecanoate in a cap and is the only one oral test I know of, therefore it is mainly absorbed by the lymphatic system, but 800mg of that stuff ED will give you gastrointestinal discomfort and stress, plus it will be expensive
The article is suggesting that ingesting straight Test base and Test enanthate oil along with dutasteride will raise T levels...

This wouldn't have anything to do with gastrointestinal problems.....800mg can be easily suspended in 2ml or less of oil...why would that cause GI discomfort?

french_muscle

Awards
  • Established
nah lifted I was just hinting at andriol and I've read somewhere that large doses of that stuff ingested daily can cause GI discomfort...

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Honestly if I didn't want to pin I would rather run a dermal. Much more effective.

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
still an interesting study. i would really like to know what the serum concentrations were at the various times after administration. cant imagine it lasts all 24h.

if i could legally (via HRT) get 800mg of test powder for $1 a pop or so, you bet ur ass i'd give this little experiment a try.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
still an interesting study. i would really like to know what the serum concentrations were at the various times after administration. cant imagine it lasts all 24h.

if i could legally (via HRT) get 800mg of test powder for $1 a pop or so, you bet ur ass i'd give this little experiment a try.
Yeah.. that's all that I was pointing out is that it was interesting. I couldn't comment on a dermal only cycle ... or any for that matter I just found it interesting.

KD1

Awards
  • Established
I think dutasteride increases test alone, at least finistride does and dutasteride is kinda a double whammy finistride. So the oral test might not have done anything.

N4cer

N4cer

Banned
Awards
  • Established
What a waste of perfectly good gear. Lemme see... 800mg/day oral... or 800mg/wk pinned, and spend the rest of the money on some tren. Hrmm... I'll be pinning.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
What a waste of perfectly good gear. Lemme see... 800mg/day oral... or 800mg/wk pinned, and spend the rest of the money on some tren. Hrmm... I'll be pinning.
LOL right on :head:

velikimajmun

Board Sponsor
Awards
I think dutasteride increases test alone, at least finistride does and dutasteride is kinda a double whammy finistride. So the oral test might not have done anything.
somebody didn't read the whole abstract. :D

same_old

Banned
Awards
  • Established
finasteride does not show T increase in clinical studies. dutasteride does, but it is not a large amount.

pinning is obviously superior, but if the price wasnt a concern ($2/g for instance) then it's not a crazy idea. especially for HRT guys.

getreal

Awards
fina and duta do not increase test levels, they inhibit dht levels

getreal

Awards
andriol is the safest oral, but it aint cheap to run effectively

getreal

Awards
dutasteride does not increase test