Aspirin inhibits androgen response to HCG...

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
this one has me thinking.

full study:
http://ajpendo.physiology.org/cgi/content/full/277/6/E1032

Aspirin inhibits androgen response to chorionic gonadotropin in humans

Abstract
Eicosanoids play an important role in the regulation of the hypothalamic-pituitary axis; less clear is their role in testicular steroidogenesis. To evaluate the involvement of cyclooxygenase metabolites, such as prostaglandins, in the regulation of human testicular steroidogenesis, we examined the effects of a prostaglandin-blocker, aspirin, on plasma testosterone, pregnenolone, progesterone, 17OH-progesterone, androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone, and 17beta -estradiol response to human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) in normal male volunteers in a placebo-controlled, single-blinded study. To test the efficacy of aspirin, seminal prostaglandin E2 levels were also determined. hCG stimulation increased peripheral levels of testosterone, 17OH-progesterone, androstenedione, dehydroepiandrosterone, and 17beta -estradiol, without affecting circulating pregnenolone and progesterone values. Aspirin significantly lowered seminal prostaglandin E2 levels, whereas it did not modify steroid concentrations not exposed to exogenous hCG. Moreover, the drug significantly reduced the response of testosterone, 17OH-progesterone, androstenedione, and dehydroepiandrosterone to hCG, as assessed by the mean integrated area under the curve, whereas it did not influence 17beta -estradiol response. In conclusion, aspirin treatment inhibits androgen response to chorionic gonadotropin stimulation in normal humans. The action of aspirin is probably mediated via an effective arachidonate cyclooxygenase block.

Ubiquitous

Ubiquitous

Awards
  • Established
That is interesting dude. I'm running HCG on my cycle right now. Recently I've been getting headaches, most likely from high blood pressure associated with the AAS.. I'll think twice about using Aspirin. lol:cheers:

P E A C E

kwyckemynd00

kwyckemynd00

Awards
  • Established
Good post........no aspirin & hcg for me

:thumbsup: