on HRT - how long before test levels return to 'normal'?

mikeblasting

Awards
I'm not worried about the presence of an ester in my system, as I am on HRT. I am more worried about how long it will take my testosterone levels to return to 'normal' (approx. 500ng/dl) after I come off of the supraphysiological doses. I'll be taking 500mg every week for 10 weeks then going immediately back on my HRT protocol.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I don't understand what you're asking...as long as you're using test injections or any kind of aas, you will not be able to start producing natural testosterone until you completley come off of everything and let your HPTA fully recover.

And since we're on the subject, why are you on HRT at such a young age? Is this being prescribed by a doc? Or are you just using your own gear and calling it HRT? If it's the second, then I would highly suggest against it....

mikeblasting

Awards
I don't understand what you're asking...as long as you're using test injections or any kind of aas, you will not be able to start producing natural testosterone until you completley come off of everything and let your HPTA fully recover.

And since we're on the subject, why are you on HRT at such a young age? Is this being prescribed by a doc? Or are you just using your own gear and calling it HRT? If it's the second, then I would highly suggest against it....
Thanks for your time in contributing to this thread, it's greatly appreciated, bro.

I have hypogonadism (hereditary) and have a legit script for test cyp (the side effects of not taking the steroid are horrible).

Let me phrase my question better;
When I stop taking 500mg test enanthate/week and go back to my regular HRT protocol, how long will it take for my testosterone levels to subside from supraphysiological ('cycle high') down to 'normal' levels (where my doc would expect them to be on HRT; IE - approximately 500ng/dl)?

Hope that is a better question :)

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your time in contributing to this thread, it's greatly appreciated, bro.

I have hypogonadism (hereditary) and have a legit script for test cyp (the side effects of not taking the steroid are horrible).

When I stop taking 500mg test enanthate/week and go back to my regular HRT protocol, how long will it take for my testosterone levels to subside from supraphysiological ('cycle high') down to 'normal' levels (where my doc would expect them to be on HRT; IE - approximately 500ng/dl)?

ooooooh :D I see....that would depend on the ester being used...since it's cyp/enth, the half-life is said to be 12 days....give or take a couple..this is from highest levels to completly out of your system and the recovery begins...but since you're only needing to come down to high normal levels, then of course it wouldnt take the whole 12 days...my best UN-educated guess would be somewhere along the lines of a week or so...but really this isn't fact until you actually can see bloodwork back.....but like I said 1 week sounds about right....or just take two weeks before going back to the doc just to be on the safe side.

mikeblasting

Awards
That's what I thought, but I had to be certain. Thanks, bro.

(researching gear info sucks when you're an HRT patient... hardly anything out there for HRT bros who gear up)

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay with the half life being 12-14 days.. would that lead anyone to think that it might be longer for it to return to "normal" levels? I am just thinking outloud here.. because say you are doing your normal shot and the 500 mg/week..... that would be say 750 mg injected... but as you stop, then the level decreases by half as much per 12-14 days... semi clear?

mikeblasting

Awards
Okay with the half life being 12-14 days.. would that lead anyone to think that it might be longer for it to return to "normal" levels? I am just thinking outloud here.. because say you are doing your normal shot and the 500 mg/week..... that would be say 750 mg injected... but as you stop, then the level decreases by half as much per 12-14 days... semi clear?
I see where you are going with this... but 500 mg every week (or even two 250mg / week) will get your "total testosterone" in the range of 150mg (actual active testosterone). So doing 750mg would make that value even greater, and essentially farther away from my 'normal' HRT levels. This is my first cycle, so I want to go with the 500mg test enan every week. I feel I will still have significant gains from 500mg/week.

It'll go something like this;
week 10 (last shot): 500mg test e****
10 days from last 500mg shot: 250mg test cyp
10 days from last 250mg shot: 250mg test cyp
10 days later: 250mg test cyp
and so on (because my hrt protocol is 250mg test cyp E10D)

****Question was; how long from this (****) point will it take for my testosterone levels to return to what they should be on my normal HRT protocol? But now that I know that it'll be about a week or a few days past a week, I'm good.

EDIT: I understand that raising T levels to supraphysiological is what causes the benefits, and that the farther away from 'normal levels' you go the more opportunity for your body to reap those benefits. I'm trying to get my levels at a point where I will have sufficient gains, but still be able to 'come down' in time do the quarterly blood test for my endocrinologist without suspect results. I hope I'm being clear enough and not making myself look like an ass. :D

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Okay.. why not see if you can lay your hands on some test prop.. shorter half-life and it would give you better control of levels..

Chute

Awards

Probably about 2 weeks. Was doing very similar to you except at 400mg of test cyp. The funny thing was 6 days after a 400mg shot, my levels were 667ng/dL. Seems bizarre that 400mg barely got me to half a superphysiological levels.
But thats probably just me.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Depends on the dosage - about 2.5 weeks @ 500mg/week though, for it to get to normal numbers.