DIY TRT vs Medically Supervised TRT

THAsokrtryxtr

Awards
Decided to test my testosterone using letsgetchecked. To my surprise, it was incredibly low for my age (~76 ng/dl at 26 yrs).

Other relevant info:
Always have been natty.
I've been lifting regularly for over a decade.
I'm 99% sure that I will start using testosterone at some point (likely in the near future).
5'8, 170-175 lbs, 10-15% BF

What are the pros and cons to learning how to do TRT by myself versus being medically prescribed testosterone (i.e. price, quality, etc.)

Additionally, would a doctor also prescribe a PCT or are dosages not high enough to need one?

Kevinhim

Kevinhim

Awards
I would highly advise seeing your primary care physician.. That is very low for your age, so there is a chance that there is a serious underlying issue for this - given you aren't newly coming off of anabolics. TRT isn't something that you get a PCT for, TRT is a life time commitment of 1 to 2 pins/ wk. Make an appointment and see what a trained medical professional thinks. You are not gonna get the appropriate advice for your particular situation on this board.

THAsokrtryxtr

Awards
I would highly advise seeing your primary care physician.. That is very low for your age, so there is a chance that there is a serious underlying issue for this - given you aren't newly coming off of anabolics. TRT isn't something that you get a PCT for, TRT is a life time commitment of 1 to 2 pins/ wk. Make an appointment and see what a trained medical professional thinks. You are not gonna get the appropriate advice for your particular situation on this board.
Much appreciated!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 0
Peptide/Research 1
mTOR25 Anabolics 5
Supplements 1
Peptide/Research 4