Drugs to take to minimize muscle burn during cardio?

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm pretty sure I asked about this before in someone else's thread and got some good feedback, but for some reason I can't find the post, so I figured I might as well make a new thread for it. I've cut down on my cardio in recent months in an effort to gain more muscle, but even doing just a few days of running each week still seems to be blunting my progress (unless I really do just have total **** genetics), despite the fact that I have also increased my daily caloric intake.

Having said that, are there any drugs that I can take that will help me preserve (as well as continue to gain from lifting) muscle during cardio workouts? I think someone mentioned either 11-KT or a similar drug. I recall the poster mentioning that Swanson sells it for a really cheap per-bottle price.

Thanks

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pms black liver then use usp labs pink magic for pct. :smoker:

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
I’m interested in this too due to current marathon training and not wanting to lose muscle mass.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You need to be more clear about your goals. Why are you doing cardio in the first place? Health? If your still losing muscle or gains have stopped your not eating enough or your training is sh!t. No rocket science here. Pretty much any steroid will help with this. Your in a steroid forum so I am guessing your not opposed to taking them.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
Goals are to run a marathon while maintaining and ideally gaining muscle mass.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To a point, yes. But that study doesn’t replicate an actual intensive training protocol well IMO. One leg? Of course you can handle doing resistance training and cardio for one leg. But when you get to hitting every muscle group multiple times a week, balancing it with cardio becomes a little more challenging. Not that it’s not doable, but you have to account for it, probably up your calories for it, etc.

Also, cycling works the legs, why should you be surprised that doing more leg work increased leg gains? Cyclists have massive legs. That study seems very oversimplified and somewhat flawed to me.

That’s not to say some cardio isn’t good, as it probably is. To keep your endurance up between and at the end of sets, and at the end of workouts, as well as go help with recovery and whatnot.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Goals are to run a marathon while maintaining and ideally gaining muscle mass.
Not many marathon runners with a lot of muscle out there.

EPO with anavar

cardarine with anavar

These would be my recommendation. Anavar is enough to increase nitrogen retention to maintain muscle. Your not going to get big but that wouldnt be conducive to running a marathon.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established

EPO with anavar

cardarine with anavar

These would be my recommendation. Anavar is enough to increase nitrogen retention to maintain muscle. Your not going to get big but that wouldnt be conducive to running a marathon.
Thanks for the advise buddy. I just fancy knocking off a marathon as I’m turning 40 in a few weeks so I want to do it as a milestone. I have a decent muscle set just now and I just don’t want to start losing it during this endeavour.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Swanson 7keto is what you wanted.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

EPO with anavar

cardarine with anavar

You burn too many cals to burn muscles running marathons to gain muscle. Unless you are are only doing a few a year. But test would help and prevent the catabloic state you definitely will put you in. Plus if you want to be good...dont you want to be thin?

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
It’s not necessarily about being good. For me it’s just about being able to complete it in an acceptable time and count it as a life goal completed.

And the fella Ross Edgley that was posted about earlier certainly isn’t a skinny person

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It’s not necessarily about being good. For me it’s just about being able to complete it in an acceptable time and count it as a life goal completed.

And the fella Ross Edgley that was posted about earlier certainly isn’t a skinny person
Very cool...much respect. Test would be my option...but as these guys know...its usually my answer...lol. But still a very solid answe

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Sounds like "S42" but don't quote me.

SpicedCider

SpicedCider

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to be more clear about your goals. Why are you doing cardio in the first place? Health? If your still losing muscle or gains have stopped your not eating enough or your training is sh!t. No rocket science here. Pretty much any steroid will help with this. Your in a steroid forum so I am guessing your not opposed to taking them.
Yeah, I actually just finished a TBol cycle back in mid-January and am looking forward to running a more traditional cycle this spring. I like doing cardio for general health, but also because I like to get outside and just really work up an appetite.

Swanson 7keto is what you wanted.
Thanks, that's the one. Can I take that pretty much on a regular basis and not worry about experiencing any hormonal effects? Do you know if it's pretty much a sure-fire way of preserving muscle during cardio?

Sounds like "S42" but don't quote me.
Haven't heard of that one; will need to research it...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah, I actually just finished a TBol cycle back in mid-January and am looking forward to running a more traditional cycle this spring. I like doing cardio for general health, but also because I like to get outside and just really work up an appetite.

Thanks, that's the one. Can I take that pretty much on a regular basis and not worry about experiencing any hormonal effects? Do you know if it's pretty much a sure-fire way of preserving muscle during cardio?

Haven't heard of that one; will need to research it...
Well, cortisol suppression is in itself a hormonal effect... but as far as testosterone and all that you’re fine. It is a dhea type hormone, but it is not part of that branch of the hpta at all. It activates a thermogenic effect in the liver, raising metabolic rate and keeping it high during a caloric deficit, and suppresses cortisol. It does not suppress testosterone, as it does not attach to androgen, estrogen, or progestogen receptors at all in the brain, testes, muscles etc.

Is it surefire? Nothing is 100% in my experience, but I seem to do better on it than off it. It does not attach to androgen receptors like other steroids do, so muscle preservation isn’t necessarily what it’s going to do best. There are other catabolic factors at play than just cortisol.

It is, however, very cheap, easy to get and sustain the supply. The stuff flies off the shelves at the Swanson store. So popular as well.