Bloodwork from a Physical

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
In advance of a SARMS cycle, I want to get bloodwork done. Already have a general physical scheduled for next week. What specific bloodwork should I make sure they include for useful info, that they might not otherwise include if I didn't request it?? (male, Age 53, 6'-2" 195lbs)

Total T, free-T, estrogen levels, cortisol?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wouldn’t worry too much about cortisol testing. A metabolic panel and a lipid Test would be good info to have. Total T, Lh, FSH, and estrogen are important ones.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
In advance of a SARMS cycle, I want to get bloodwork done. Already have a general physical scheduled for next week. What specific bloodwork should I make sure they include for useful info, that they might not otherwise include if I didn't request it?? (male, Age 53, 6'-2" 195lbs)

Total T, free-T, estrogen levels, cortisol?
Liver enzymes if going to run either Sarm S23 or Ostarine.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Talked with RN at physical today. Got approval for all the bloodwork except for estrogen. She really wanted no part of that, no matter how many ways I presented it. She said her boss (the main Doc) even does HRT and has never asked for an estrogen test among blood work. Does that sound right?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Talked with RN at physical today. Got approval for all the bloodwork except for estrogen. She really wanted no part of that, no matter how many ways I presented it. She said her boss (the main Doc) even does HRT and has never asked for an estrogen test among blood work. Does that sound right?
No, it is very important to have. You also need to make certain you have SHBG, free test, and thyroid in there. Those are standard.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I would go elsewhere. They should be running these tests as part of routine trt bloodwork. At a minimum they should run it since you their customer requested it run and are willing to pay. Trt increases estradiol so it needs to be monitored to avoid developing boobs, excess water retention, inability to ejaculate, etc.Having the right Estradiol level dialed in will also impact how you feel on trt. You don’t want it too high or too low.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
That is ridiculously ignorant and wrong, dangerous even. I’d inform her, drop her jaw with some knowledge bombs about the importance of estrogen levels monitoring on HRT, say something to the effect of the doctor breaking the Hippocratic oath and walk out.

BamBam54

BamBam54

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
So initial blood tests with the regular doctor's office physical were less than helpful (see above). Though I did get total T level (now 400 up from 328 a couple years ago) and Free Testosterone (which they show as 7.2 pg/mL where they give normal range of 7.2 - 24.0).

They did cortisol which is normal at 12.6 mcg/dL.
And several pages of abbreviations for tests I don't recognize or understand. But everything was said to be normal.

Cholesterol is sort of high at 215... but they said I have a bunch of good HDL (78) which inflates the number.

Now on to some self medicating and research experimentation? Going to log a solo LGD 5mg run for 12 weeks and see what happens. Seems that data is hard to find as most people take much more and/or quit posting after a few weeks.