They claim liver cancer rates are up 40%
What are peoples thoughts?
Orals+GW maybe hhmmmmm?

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Everything you put in your body passes through it. So many toxins in the world these days including our food

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Right.
But I'm just wondering about the big jump.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anybody see the show THE DRs today.
Orals+GW maybe hhmmmmm?
Even if everyone taking these got cancer, highly doubt it would raise the numbers this high. That number is stagering, and I bet it has more to do with obesity and depression rates soaring. Yes, depression significantly increases your likelihood of getting cancer.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Right.
But I'm just wondering about the big jump.
If legit....who knows how they came up with those numbers. Remember - they are an entertainment show first and foremost, not educational. Crazy statistics like that get viewers....

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Even if everyone taking these got cancer, highly doubt I would raise the numbers this high. That number is stagering, and I bet it has more to do with obesity and depression rates soaring. Yes, depression significantly increases your likelihood of getting cancer.
True that.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If legit....who knows how they came up with those numbers. Remember - they are an entertainment show first and foremost, not educational. Crazy statistics like that get viewers....
Word

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you get a chance you tube that episode.
That part was trippy. I think it was 42% over 10 years.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Orals+GW maybe hhmmmmm?
Right next to the opioid epidemic ad is the "lgd, gw, and anavar epidemic" lol

HEY! THATS ME!!

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i worked in this field for years and would have to say *tv show* The Doctors are using stats for hype. i have never heard of a jump like this outside of some kind of disaster like chernobly in terms of incidents rates climbing like this
Me neither.
I may try to re-watch so I can hear their source.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Even if everyone taking these got cancer, highly doubt I would raise the numbers this high. That number is stagering, and I bet it has more to do with obesity and depression rates soaring. Yes, depression significantly increases your likelihood of getting cancer.
This!!

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is this in bodybuilders and other athletes only or across the board?

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anybody see the show THE DRs today.
Orals+GW maybe hhmmmmm?
obesity with visceral fat leads to fatty liver disease, leads to cirrhosis, leads to liver cancer.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Across the board
Which makes the whole thing unlikely to be attributed to bodybuilding drugs; not nearly that many people even use these substances period, or probably even know what they are, to be responsible for such a large increase.

2kvette

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Which makes the whole thing unlikely to be attributed to bodybuilding drugs; not nearly that many people even use these substances period, or probably even know what they are, to be responsible for such a large increase.
you know, even in clinical trials, a lot of various 17-methyls had a less than 1% chance of causing sustained increased in liver enzymes.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Were you addressing Bodybuilding in general or the entire public
Chemtrails.

But seriously... that's a huge number.
People take too many meds like Tylenol alone for granted. I don't trust big pharma any longer than their bank accounts.
Everything causes cancer because the world is more and more poluted by big industry.
Monsanto to name one big evil corp.

There is no benefit to curing cancer.
NONE. Just obaserve the birth / death rate.

Sidebar:
Whenever there is a spike in birth rates, there is a war and we're overdue for a baby boomer...

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Were you addressing Bodybuilding in general or the entire public
Chemtrails.

But seriously... that's a huge number.
People take too many meds like Tylenol alone for granted. I don't trust big pharma any longer than their bank accounts.
Everything causes cancer because the world is more and more poluted by big industry.
Monsanto to name one big evil corp.

There is no benefit to curing cancer.
NONE. Just obaserve the birth / death rate.

Sidebar:
Whenever there is a spike in birth rates, there is a war and we're overdue for a baby boomer...
Please don’t turn this into another “there’s no benefit in curing cancer” threads. Besides showing a fundamental misunderstanding of cancer (suggesting that there is A cure for all cancers), it’s insulting to people who literally dedicate their careers and lives to researching potential cures for various cancers. Maybe MOST companies have no interest in curing cancer, but there are inarguably benefits in curing cancer, both for the prestige and wealth (autocorrect lol) of the researchers and university that conducts the research, and potentially even the company that creates the treatment. By your logic, there should be no money in vaccines either; more money to be made treating the illness for years/decades, right? But plenty of pharmaceutical companies have extensive vaccine catalogues.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Please don’t turn this into another “there’s no benefit in curing cancer” threads. Besides showing a fundamental misunderstanding of cancer (suggesting that there is A cure for all cancers), it’s insulting to people who literally dedicate their careers and lives to researching potential cures for various cancers. Maybe MOST companies have no interest in curing cancer, but there are inarguably benefits in curing cancer, both for the prestige and wealth (autocorrect lol) of the researchers and university that conducts the research, and potentially even the company that creates the treatment. By your logic, there should be no money in vaccines either; more money to be made treating the illness for years/decades, right? But plenty of pharmaceutical companies have extensive vaccine catalogues.
Easy there fella... you seem a bit uptight about something, lol.

This is a junk TV show AFAIAC...
https://www.healthnewsreview.org/2018/02/pulling-back-the-curtain-on-the-doctors-and-the-dr-oz-show-what-our-analysis-reveals/

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Easy there Roger Ramjet... "cure". I'm quite familiar with cancer(s) bro-high-horseki. It's a profit machine.
This is more bigger picture and far less conspiracy. You love to argue and go on and on in circles.

Cutting bait. You're free to lather on.
“Big picture” implies that every single person/company/university/etc. researching cancer all have the same “big picture” and/or endgame in mind. Yes, many, even most, companies/pharmaceutical companies/etc. stand to profit on cancer treatment, but to suggest that literally no one is interested in or trying to cure various cancers is asinine. Also, why bother with vaccines with this logic? Yet plenty of companies that sell drugs do. Your argument is “big picture.” But that’s a gross oversimplification that is really just hand-waving away any potential concerns and holes in your logic. It’s flat-earth and fake-moon-landing levels of ignorance.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My suggestion that it was GW+orals was tounge and cheek.
But I was honestly wondering about the jump.
I think living longer was the only reason they gave

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
“Big picture” implies that every single person/company/university/etc. researching cancer all have the same “big picture” and/or endgame in mind. Yes, many, even most, companies/pharmaceutical companies/etc. stand to profit on cancer treatment, but to suggest that literally no one is interested in or trying to cure various cancers is asinine. Also, why bother with vaccines with this logic? Yet plenty of companies that sell drugs do. Your argument is “big picture.” But that’s a gross oversimplification that is really just hand-waving away any potential concerns and holes in your logic. It’s flat-earth and fake-moon-landing levels of ignorance.
What? The earth isn't flat?
I share justhere4comm 's view. Medicine today is purely commercial. Science, on the other hand, may have some true intentions in finding cures -but funding is directed towards products with highest win margin -not the highest cure rates.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What? The earth isn't flat?
I share justhere4comm 's view. Medicine today is purely commercial. Science, on the other hand, may have some true intentions in finding cures -but funding is directed towards products with highest win margin -not the highest cure rates.
MOST funding is. There is undoubtedly SOME (a minority) funding and research on potential cures. I’ll agree the (vast?) majority isn’t, but SOME is, and SOME researchers/groups are trying to find cures. Now, if suddenly there’s a breakthrough in this minority research, then maybe more funding will be allocated to it as universities or the one-off-company wants to hit it big and get there first, but apparently we’re not there yet haha. They can always just charge an exorbitant amount for a cure. Like isn’t that new Hep-C thing some insane amount of money?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My suggestion that it was GW+orals was tounge and cheek.
But I was honestly wondering about the jump.
I think living longer was the only reason they gave
Did they not evaluate the rates by age group? If the increase is all in the oldest age(s), then that’s not surprising, as if you live long enough you’ll get cancer. But if it’s increased rates in younger ages, then that’s worth looking into further.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
MOST funding is. There is undoubtedly SOME (a minority) funding and research on potential cures. I’ll agree the (vast?) majority isn’t, but SOME is, and SOME researchers/groups are trying to find cures. Now, if suddenly there’s a breakthrough in this minority research, then maybe more funding will be allocated to it as universities or the one-off-company wants to hit it big and get there first, but apparently we’re not there yet haha. They can always just charge an exorbitant amount for a cure. Like isn’t that new Hep-C thing some insane amount of money?
See, you were "bitching" about wording, because there is some truth to it. I could name right of the bat 3 very promising cancer treatment possibilities, with studies backing it up, that are neither prescribed nor suggested by physicians, even though very promising.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
My man, both my parents died from cancer, and what they went through changed my life,
but you go on about how much you know. Have you been to a VA lately?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
See, you were "bitching" about wording, because there is some truth to it. I could name right of the bat 3 very promising cancer treatment possibilities, with studies backing it up, that are neither prescribed nor suggested by physicians, even though very promising.
He said NO BENEFIT. Not that it’s not the most profitable or likely route for pharmaceutical companies. NO BENEFIT means for anyone, but surely we can all agree that SOME researchers and groups have an interest and would benefit from it. Surely no one wants a Nobel prize lol. As for what most physicians prescribe, all that shows is that they are influenced more by big Pharma than by actual research, and perhaps many of them are stubborn to adapt to new things. Surely you’ve seen this from doctors stuck in the past before.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My man, both my parents died from cancer, and what they went through changed my life,
but you go on about how much you know. Have you been to a VA lately?
I’m truly sorry to hear that, and I’m sorry for your loss, but that itself isn’t an argument. My only point is that SOME people/researchers/scientists/universities/etc. are undoubtedly trying to find cures, and stand to benefit greatly if they do. So claiming there is “no benefit” is greatly oversimplified. That is all...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Talking about it, what hit me most were the fact, that women with breast cancer, here in Paraguay, are using a veterinary anti parasitic agent, "Ivermectin", used mainly on cows, to treat it. NO medic ever suggested such a thing. Here it comes: It works. I saw it, everyone here in Paraguay knows it. Total remission in about 80% of cases (there is a study mentioning said percentage). Its DIRT CHEAP!
They used it since the 90's here. Have a look at a study from 2018:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5835698/

It works on a great variety of cancers. Here they buy it from a veterinarian and take it with milk.

I have more of those "goodies" up my sleeve.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Talking about it, what hit me most were the fact, that women with breast cancer, here in Paraguay, are using a veterinary anti parasitic agent, "Ivermectin", used mainly on cows, to treat it. NO medic ever suggested such a thing. Here it comes: It works. I saw it, everyone here in Paraguay knows it. Total remission in about 80% of cases (there is a study mentioning said percentage). Its DIRT CHEAP!
They used it since the 90's here. Have a look at a study from 2018:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5835698/

It works on a great variety on cancers. Here they buy it from a veterinarian and take it with milk.

I have more of those "goodies" up my sleeve.
VERY interesting. But that study is from 2018; so SOME researchers are interested, even if they’re the small minority. We’ll see what additional research follows this up, right?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
VERY interesting. But that study is from 2018; so SOME researchers are interested, even if they’re the small minority. We’ll see what additional research follows this up, right?
Yes -but how many oncologists were presented with cases of sudden remission here in Paraguay -and did NOTHING?
-or better yet, killing their patients anyway with chemo?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes -but how many oncologists were presented with cases of sudden remission here in Paraguay -and did NOTHING?
-or better yet, killing their patients anyway with chemo?
So MOST are bad. That doesn’t mean NO ONE stands to benefit or is listening. Am I being pedantic, sure, but I think there is a distinction to be made.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So MOST are bad. That doesn’t mean NO ONE stands to benefit or is listening. Am I being pedantic, sure, but I think there is a distinction to be made.
Yes, wording, that is all. :)

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There is a home remedy for hemorrhagic fever (Dengue, Marburg, Ebola) with dozen of studies backing it up to be highly efficient in elevating platelets in blood serum, being low platelets the cause of the bleeding, would save most people. BUT, its dirt cheap.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739263

It is not used by medicine. People just die by internal bleeding up until today, even though the cure is well known and literally grows in my garden.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There is a home remedy for hemorrhagic fever (Dengue, Marburg, Ebola) with dozen of studies backing it up to be highly efficient in elevating platelets in blood serum, being low platelets the cause of the bleeding, would save most people. BUT, its dirt cheap.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27739263

It is not used by medicine. People just die by internal bleeding up until today, even though the cure is well known and literally grows in my garden.
Is this one of the first modern studies on this for that use? Sometimes modern science just takes a while to catch up to, or validate, traditional remedies. One can hope anyway.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I could go on-and on. There is a cure for most viral infections, backed by studies. Guess what, dirt cheap. No doc will ever prescribe it.

The remedy is known for centuries and here is a study from 2015. Now being 2019, everyone should use it, right?EEEEH ! -buzzer- sound, nope.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4383212/

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I could go on-and on. There is a cure for most viral infections, backed by studies. Guess what, dirt cheap. No doc will ever prescribe it.

The remedy is known for centuries and here is a study from 2015. Now being 2019, everyone should use it, right?EEEEH ! -buzzer- sound, nope.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4383212/
In all fairness, I’m not sure if a doctor will prescribe something based on one study. I’m also not sure if every doctor is aware of every promising treatment for every disease or illness. And plenty of doctors suck.

I’m not arguing that. I’m saying that clearly SOME people stand to gain from cures. Like the people conducting these studies. ;)

That is all...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Is this one of the first modern studies on this for that use? Sometimes modern science just takes a while to catch up to, or validate, traditional remedies. One can hope anyway.
It is used for generations here in South America and everyone knows it, even the medics -but, nobody gives a sh1t and not one medical doctor suggested its use ever. I have almost countless of examples, basically proving a conspiracy. Or do doctors don't have google?

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In all fairness, I’m not sure if a doctor will prescribe something based on one study. I’m also not sure if every doctor is aware of every promising treatment for every disease or illness. And plenty of doctors suck.

I’m not arguing that. I’m saying that clearly SOME people stand to gain from cures. Like the people conducting these studies. ;)

That is all...
Look. If something is reasonable safe to take, you chose: Take it, or die -because we have to first invest millions in it, to add some molecules, that way we can patent it and get rich. What is your answer? What should a doctors answer be?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is used for generations here in South America and everyone knows it, even the medics -but, nobody gives a sh1t and not one medical doctor suggested its use ever. I have almost countless of examples, basically proving a conspiracy. Or do doctors don't have google?
Not one doctor ever? You’ve kept track of every single doctor in all of South America. That’s impressive! All I’m saying is that SOME people are interested in finding cures. The studies you posted prove that some researchers do indeed care and are trying. That is all I’m saying man. I don’t see what you’re even arguing, but I do enjoy the great studies.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not one doctor ever? You’ve kept track of every single doctor in all of South America. That’s impressive! All I’m saying is that SOME people are interested in finding cures. The studies you posted prove that some researchers do indeed care and are trying. That is all I’m saying man. I don’t see what you’re even arguing, but I do enjoy the great studies.
The fact that you don't know about my examples proves my point. Maybe some doctor in Suriname suggested using papaya leafs for hemorrhagic fever, how do I know? Mainstream medicine doesn't. That is my point -and it should!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The fact that you don't know about my examples proves my point. Maybe some doctor in Suriname suggested using papaya leafs for hemorrhagic fever, how do I know? Mainstream medicine doesn't. That is my point -and it should!
Yes, it should. By my only point was that SOME people are trying, and do stand to “gain” from it, as evidenced by the research you just showed me. Surely we can agree on that. The system is broken and only cares about money, but there exceptions to that rule, and researchers who aren’t really part of the system. That’s all I’m going to say; we don’t even disagree. I was being pedantic, yes, but we don’t even disagree about anything...

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
WHY has modern medicine to catch up with my knowledge? I use a computer, that is all. They have computers and internet too. Some of them may speak several languages as I do -and all have access to the same data. The only thing required is a international cooperation, researching methods used for determined afflictions in all countries. By medicine -AND folklore. Modern medicine is only interested in products who can be patented = profit.

I almost NEVER visited a doc in my life, I avoid it at all cost. I am the person most interested in my health -why trust a stranger (Doc)?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
WHY has modern medicine to catch up with my knowledge? I use a computer, that is all. They have computers and internet too. Some of them may speak several languages as I do -and all have access to the same data. The only thing required is a international cooperation, researching methods used for determined afflictions in all countries. By medicine -AND folklore. Modern medicine is only interested in products who can be patented = profit.

I almost NEVER visited a doc in my life, I avoid it at all cost. I am the person most interested in my health -why trust a stranger (Doc)?
How long did it take mainstream doctors to not consider Creatine basically a steroid lol. How many doctors still don’t really even know about it? Most doctors suck. I agree. Modern medicine sucks. Sure. But clearly some researchers care enough to conduct the studies, and some journals care enough to publish them, no? Mainstream medicine and health sucks, yes. But saying that NO ONE cares or is trying is objectively exaggerating. What the hell are we even arguing about anymore? All I said is that some people/researchers/journals care. I was being pedantic, I admitted that too.

But you’re sharing great info, so it’s all good.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Back to the liver.

17 years ago I CURED my mothers liver cirrhosis. Call me a liar, because supposedly, there is no cure, right?
Note, this was 17 years ago. Today, if you have cirrhosis -you are waiting for a transplant and a 5 figure bill to pay.
My mother is still alive and still alcoholic and has now again cirrhosis. Well, she deserves it.

I used:Sulphasalazine

I had it made by an UGL lab here in Paraguay. Total cost for a 4 month treatment: US200.-
Had my mother come over, because I couldn't send the capsules.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/52735.php

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How long did it take mainstream doctors to not consider Creatine basically a steroid lol. How many doctors still don’t really even know about it? Most doctors suck. I agree. Modern medicine sucks. Sure. But clearly some researchers care enough to conduct the studies, and some journals care enough to publish them, no? Mainstream medicine and health sucks, yes. But saying that NO ONE cares or is trying is objectively exaggerating. What the hell are we even arguing about anymore? All I said is that some people/researchers/journals care. I was being pedantic, I admitted that too.

But you’re sharing great info, so it’s all good.
Sorry, maybe I'm venting a bit. My disdain for mainstream medicine should now be apparent. :)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sorry, maybe I'm venting a bit. My disdain for mainstream medicine should now be apparent. :)
Yeah, and totally understand that. I just wanted to say that not ALL hope is lost, as there are still some researchers and journals fighting the good fight. And people like you sharing their findings.

We have more access to information at our fingertips today than kings of old could have ever even dreamed of, yet most of us will never even bother to do any research of our own, or will simply agree with the first thing we find that supports our preconceived notions. It says a lot really.

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yeah, and totally understand that. I just wanted to say that not ALL hope is lost, as there are still some researchers and journals fighting the good fight. And people like you sharing their findings.

We have more access to information at our fingertips today than kings of old could have ever even dreamed of, yet most of us will never even bother to do any research of our own, or will simply agree with the first thing we find that supports our preconceived notions. It says a lot really.
I'm a pessimist. As long there is profit to be made, all "approved" cures will come at a hefty price. I hold some Russian medicine in high regard, because a lot of the medical facilities are governmental and not out for profit. As example: They still cure intestinal ulcers with bismuth -instead of prescribing proton pump inhibitors, who keep you dependent lifelong, done in the western world. Noopept, another drug used by Russians after accidents with Cranioencephalic Trauma. Now abused by western teens to compensate laziness when it comes to studying.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2199292