S4 Split Dose?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I’m about to start S4 and just wanted to double check the consensus on this. I’m starting off with 50mg a day. Do you recommend splitting it up into two doses due to the half life or should I take it all at once? I’ve asked before but I just want to hear some more opinions on whether it even matters. Thanks.

Gator762

Awards
Same, I'm about to start as well. Everything I read and vids I've seen say to split it due it's short half-life, like 4 hours IIRC.

Of course, I'm a noob too so take that for whatever it's worth. :)

In on this

Last edited:
YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same, I'm about to start as well. Everything I read and vids I've seen say to split it due it's short half-life, like 4 hours IIRC.

Of course, I'm a noob too so take that for whatever it's worth. :)

In on this
Maybe nobody wants to weigh in on this but I’ll tell you what I’m doing. I’m gonna take 25mg soon after waking up and then another 25mg 4-8 hours later. I’m not going to be super strict and specific with my dosing times because I don’t believe it’s actually that important. Two doses several hours apart is probably adequate.

Jeremyk1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve always heard it recommended to split the dose. I wouldn’t go crazy though, just two a day, several hours apart like you said.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I didn’t answer here cause I gave you my opinion on another post and I didn’t wanna be annoying loll but bro definitely split it dosing it only once a day will make sides worse there really is no reason not to split it! But you could do like I did and try both method

Gator762

Awards
Maybe nobody wants to weigh in on this but I’ll tell you what I’m doing. I’m gonna take 25mg soon after waking up and then another 25mg 4-8 hours later. I’m not going to be super strict and specific with my dosing times because I don’t believe it’s actually that important. Two doses several hours apart is probably adequate.
If the half-life is 4 hours, just going on that and not knowing what else sounds like the tail end there at 8 hours would be better.

Anyone know if it's recommended to take with meals or not?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
If the half-life is 4 hours, just going on that and not knowing what else sounds like the tail end there at 8 hours would be better.

Anyone know if it's recommended to take with meals or not?
Doesn’t matter

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took my first dose on an empty stomach today and I felt fine. My stomach was a little upset at the time but that’s because I drink a ton of black coffee every morning. The s4 had no effect on it.

Gator762

Awards
Same, my S4 arrived yesterday and I took the first dose on an empty stomach with no issues.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same, my S4 arrived yesterday and I took the first dose on an empty stomach with no issues.
Nice. Let me know if you feel a pretty immediate increase in well-being. It’s subtle but apparent for me. I’m wondering if it’s the S4 or the DHEA I’m taking. Probably the DHEA.

Gator762

Awards
Can't really say for sure. I am taking the S4 (25mg 2x day) along with 20mg of Ostarine and 15mg of Cardarine. Not feeling too much now, but a little burnt as I just got back from some fasted cardio.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't really say for sure. I am taking the S4 (25mg 2x day) along with 20mg of Ostarine and 15mg of Cardarine. Not feeling too much now, but a little burnt as I just got back from some fasted cardio.
Cool. I assume you’re cutting too? We should both update this when there’s more to report. Only if you want to of course. But it’s cool that somebody else is taking s4 at the same time. I’m taking 10mg of mk677 a day with it. I’ve been on that for 4-5 weeks already. I’m also taking 50mg DHEA in the hope that it’ll keep me feeling up to par.

I tried cardarine before. I think the whole fat burning thing isn’t really true. There’s no such thing as exercise in a bottle. But it did increase my endurance like promised. And ostarine gave me anxiety actually. So I cut that cycle short because it was messing with my head. Anyway, good luck with the cycle.

Gator762

Awards
Yeah I'll update yours here and my cut thread. Only other thing I'm taking not on the list is Maca. Feels like something kicked in now, not really a euphoria but more energy. I did take the Maca, which seems to give me a little boost but not this much.

Course I finally ate too. Started at 178, doing IF with a target of 1800 calories with one break day of about 2500 calories. Not sure I need a break day on the SARMs but it does help me stay on a diet.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nice. What’s Maca?

I started my cut at the beginning of the month at 207 lbs but I’m sitting at 198 right now. I’m doing intermittent fasting too and eating a diet that’s about 95% carnivore.

I think it’s a good idea to have a break day here and there to help you stay on the diet. Just don’t get too crazy with it. My main focus is staying under 50g of carbs a day but everyone once in a while I’ll say f*ck it and eat something I shouldn’t.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
I’ve done both. Vision sides seem to kick in later if you split the dose. Also, don’t get crazy with bumping up your dose, I’ve found as it builds in your system the vision sides get worse. One run I got impatient and went up too fast and had to bail because i couldn’t hang with the vision. In the summer it’s no big deal but getting dark at 6 could be an issue. Just FYI.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’ve done both. Vision sides seem to kick in later if you split the dose. Also, don’t get crazy with bumping up your dose, I’ve found as it builds in your system the vision sides get worse. One run I got impatient and went up too fast and had to bail because i couldn’t hang with the vision. In the summer it’s no big deal but getting dark at 6 could be an issue. Just FYI.
Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. I might just stick to 50mg the whole way through. I have 25mg caps and I’m worried the vision sides will be bad at 75mg.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man, I appreciate the advice. I might just stick to 50mg the whole way through. I have 25mg caps and I’m worried the vision sides will be bad at 75mg.
Yeah 80-100 I would be blind walking into a store. It’s just like your eyes take longer to adjust. I never have gotten the yellow tint though I am mostly color blind lol

Also for me personally I get depression when I come off of it. Same feeling all 3 times. Just hopeless for no reason. It lasts about 10 days. I’m going to taper down the dose over the last 4 weeks 100/75/50/25 to try and get around that.

I’m saying all that I feel amazing on it. Absolutely love it lol

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well most people say it’s a feel good compound, then when you hop off you’re not only not on the drug but you’re also suppressed. So that’s probably why you feel depressed. I felt depressed when I came off my last cycle. How long do you usually run s4?

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Well most people say it’s a feel good compound, then when you hop off you’re not only not on the drug but you’re also suppressed. So that’s probably why you feel depressed. I felt depressed when I came off my last cycle. How long do you usually run s4?
Well I’m on trt for the last 2. Full disclosure I was low T prior to cycling. I haven’t felt that way on some other sarms so I’m not sure. It for sure could just be the feel good wearing off.

First run was 6 weeks, next was 8, last was 10 if i remember correct.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I’m on trt for the last 2. Full disclosure I was low T prior to cycling. I haven’t felt that way on some other sarms so I’m not sure. It for sure could just be the feel good wearing off.

First run was 6 weeks, next was 8, last was 10 if i remember correct.
When do you usually feel it kick in? I’ve only been on it for a week now but I definitely think I’m already getting some of that feel good effect and a general energy boost from it. I still haven’t seen any of the cosmetic effects but that’s to be expected this early.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually, I do think my muscles already look a little pumped even when I’m not working out but I haven’t gotten that hard, vascular look yet.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
When do you usually feel it kick in? I’ve only been on it for a week now but I definitely think I’m already getting some of that feel good effect and a general energy boost from it. I still haven’t seen any of the cosmetic effects but that’s to be expected this early.
A couple days for the feel good effect. A few weeks for the effects. You’ll wake up one morning and look in the mirror and it’ll just pop. Fullness happens pretty quick though.

Gator762

Awards
Nice. What’s Maca?

I started my cut at the beginning of the month at 207 lbs but I’m sitting at 198 right now. I’m doing intermittent fasting too and eating a diet that’s about 95% carnivore.

I think it’s a good idea to have a break day here and there to help you stay on the diet. Just don’t get too crazy with it. My main focus is staying under 50g of carbs a day but everyone once in a while I’ll say f*ck it and eat something I shouldn’t.
Search it online, it's a libido booster and also helps boost energy. The stuff I got before was the NOW brand I think and I never felt much of anything off of it. This stuff I got just because it was cheap at Marshall's of all places, some organic stuff... this stuff is way better. I got a few more bags of it. Not sure on the libido part, don't really seem to need help there but it does give me a nice boost of energy. Take a few times during the day, one before working out along with a pre workout mix.

Gator762

Awards
A couple days for the feel good effect. A few weeks for the effects. You’ll wake up one morning and look in the mirror and it’ll just pop. Fullness happens pretty quick though.
Thanks for the info. I am only a few days into it, not really feeling much except a little more energy perhaps.

Gator762

Awards
Don't really feel anything outside the gym, but today the weights did feel a little lighter and I had a little more energy through the workout.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shyttttttt, it kicked in! I’ve been feeling improvements and getting some vision issues but today is exactly two weeks into my cycle and damn it hit me hard. I just had an insane biceps, triceps and shoulder workout. The pumps were crazy and my strength and endurance was way up. I didn’t feel like I needed a break between sets at all. I ended up running for 20 minutes at the end of my weightlifting session cause I still had so much energy. Even after that I could’ve kept going but I had to remind myself that I’ll have to recover from all this. The vision issue is kind of annoying but it’s not bad enough to make me want to stop the cycle. I also have a hard time falling asleep because I have so much energy.

I gotta give a shout out to Cgkone for being a huge s4 advocate. I would’ve never tried it if it wasn’t for him talking it up.

I have six and a half weeks left and I can’t wait to see how much better it gets. Hopefully I see some serious aesthetic improvements. So far it doesn’t even compare to the other sarms I’ve tried. It’s wayyy better.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Shyttttttt, it kicked in! I’ve been feeling improvements and getting some vision issues but today is exactly two weeks into my cycle and damn it hit me hard. I just had an insane biceps, triceps and shoulder workout. The pumps were crazy and my strength and endurance was way up. I didn’t feel like I needed a break between sets at all. I ended up running for 20 minutes at the end of my weightlifting session cause I still had so much energy. Even after that I could’ve kept going but I had to remind myself that I’ll have to recover from all this. The vision issue is kind of annoying but it’s not bad enough to make me want to stop the cycle. I also have a hard time falling asleep because I have so much energy.

I gotta give a shout out to Cgkone for being a huge s4 advocate. I would’ve never tried it if it wasn’t for him talking it up.

I have six and a half weeks left and I can’t wait to see how much better it gets. Hopefully I see some serious aesthetic improvements. So far it doesn’t even compare to the other sarms I’ve tried. It’s wayyy better.
It gets better and better.
Are u considering increasing the dose? You really should.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It gets better and better.
Are u considering increasing the dose? You really should.
As of right now I think I’m gonna stick with 50mg since I’m already getting a lot out of it. And I hear the vision issue gets worse as the dose goes up. I might not be able to handle 75mg. But above all else, I’ll probably stick to 50mg for financial reasons.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As of right now I think I’m gonna stick with 50mg since I’m already getting a lot out of it. And I hear the vision issue gets worse as the dose goes up. I might not be able to handle 75mg. But above all else, I’ll probably stick to 50mg for financial reasons.
Cool.
Its fun and by now u should know if u can't handle the sides.
Make sure

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m almost four weeks in. I’m still using 50mg a day. I might go up to 75 for the last 3 weeks but I haven’t even decided if I’m going 8 weeks or maybe 11 or 12.

One thing that’s strange is that I don’t really have the vision side effect anymore even though the dose is the same. Maybe I just don’t notice it now but it used to be pretty annoying. I’ve never heard anyone say it just goes away mid-cycle so this is strange.

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
I’m almost four weeks in. I’m still using 50mg a day. I might go up to 75 for the last 3 weeks but I haven’t even decided if I’m going 8 weeks or maybe 11 or 12.

One thing that’s strange is that I don’t really have the vision side effect anymore even though the dose is the same. Maybe I just don’t notice it now but it used to be pretty annoying. I’ve never heard anyone say it just goes away mid-cycle so this is strange.
Feeling suppressed at all?

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
Not at all. My libido might even be better than usual. But all around I feel good.
Excellent! This compound has always fascinated me. Just always been apprehensive to try it. Maybe I'm too much of a vagina

Gator762

Awards
LOL. I'm 3 weeks in, just starting my 4th. I just upped to 75 mg from 50, not noticing any sides yet. Stuff should be legit, it's from OL.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LOL. I'm 3 weeks in, just starting my 4th. I just upped to 75 mg from 50, not noticing any sides yet. Stuff should be legit, it's from OL.
You splitting that up into 3 doses? I might start taking 75mg today. I’ll probably take 25mg every four hours. But I am curious if starting the day off with 50 all at once and then taking 25 later would somehow be better.

Gator762

Awards
You splitting that up into 3 doses? I might start taking 75mg today. I’ll probably take 25mg every four hours. But I am curious if starting the day off with 50 all at once and then taking 25 later would somehow be better.
Yeah, I dunno about splitting either. I am spreading it out 3x25mg 4 or so hours apart. Mostly to avoid the nasty vision side with it.

In the case with S4, wouldn't you want your higher dose at night, to mitigate the side issue? If it matters, I have no idea if it's better to have a higher dose for during the day, or before bed when you're recovering & growing.

Gator762

Awards
Today it seems like the S4 vision thing is kicking in a bit. Clear skies and sunny today. Right after going inside, it did take noticeably longer for my eyes to adjust. At home, it's dark at the door, and I was half blind. Even turning on the lights vision was a little dark, and maybe the bit of yellowish.

It's not too bad, honestly I'm kinda glad I got the side it's making me feel better about it being legit lol.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like it’s probably legit but your not susceptible to getting it really badly. Feeling blind in the dark is definitely part of what I get.

What you said about taking it at night when you’re growing makes sense and it maybe would mitigate sides but I like the idea of taking it during the day because then you’re awake while you get the performance benefit.

Gator762

Awards
Maybe. At 50mg I felt nothing really. I think it's creeping up on me, unless it's in my head. Driving back from the gym last night, all the headlights seemed more yellowish.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m going to try a different dosing protocol for the next week or so and I’ll stick with it if I like it. I’m going to take 50mg when I wake up and then take another 25 around lunch time.

It has a 4-6 hour half life. So if I take 25mg six hours after taking 50mg then I’ll still have 50mg active in my system. Six hours after that I’ll have 25mg in my system. I have suspicion that this is better at keeping your levels higher for at least 12 hours of the day. Splitting it up into three doses might give you more consistent levels throughout 24 hours but those levels will never be very high. At least with the approach I’m taking you’ll have a period of the day with high levels, and during that time you can take advantage of those levels by working out and throwing down some protein.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And I believe I heard someone on YouTube once say that he got better results by taking a large dose in the morning and then a smaller dose in the afternoon compared to when he took three small doses throughout the day.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Last night when I’d get up to go to the bathroom I was about 95% blind. That is not an exaggeration. I had to reach my hands out to feel for things.

Even so, I ordered more and I’m gonna go for 10 weeks. If I try 100mg then it’ll end up being a 9 week cycle.

Gator762

Awards
Haha sounds like you might want to space the doses apart more. :D

Delboss731

Awards
  • Established
Last night when I’d get up to go to the bathroom I was about 95% blind. That is not an exaggeration. I had to reach my hands out to feel for things.

Even so, I ordered more and I’m gonna go for 10 weeks. If I try 100mg then it’ll end up being a 9 week cycle.
Be careful bro! Sounds scary man. Keep us posted if you can

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Be careful bro! Sounds scary man. Keep us posted if you can
It’s getting pretty intense. When I’m working my construction job during the day I’m in natural lighting. The vision side doesn’t bother me then. But when I get home the artificial lighting is extremely annoying and when I enter a dark room I’m basically completely blind. I’ve been using the flashlight on my phone to get up and take a piss or get water during the night. When I do this I essentially have tunnel vision. I can only see where a shine the light and everything else is pitch black. In the lighted area everything looks extra high definition and shadows really pop. It’s super trippy. And of course all artificial lighting does have a strange yellowish tint, like an old western movie. And to top it off my eyes don’t seem to ever adjust like other s4 users claim.

So I’m gonna go back to splitting my doses up into 4-6 hour intervals and hope that helps. I really don’t want to go back to 50mg because I’m getting more strength, endurance, fullness, and better pumps at 75mg. I have 5 weeks to go and I’ve decided 100mg is absolutely out of the question. I would need a seeing eye dog at that dose haha.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The vision side effect is terrible for me at 75mg. I’m basically blind half the time. I’m coming off completely for a few days until my eyesight returns to normal. At that point I’ll hop back on but not go past 50mg or I’ll just stash what I have left and try a cycle another time. But I can’t tolerate this shyt any longer. It’s taking away from my quality of life. I need my vision.

Gator762

Awards
With it's short half life, maybe just skip a day, then back at 75. 25 when you wake, 25 middle of your day, then 25 before bed. That way you're keeping spikes to a minimum.

Gator762

Awards
I hear ya, I am still on my first week at 75mg and feeling strong despite being in a caloric deficit. I'm tempted to go to 100mg. Only having slight vision sides and I have enough on hand now.