A week into cold turkey kratom withdrawals

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
So it's day 7 of no kratom after 3.5 years of daily 15-20 gram a day use.

I took 2 weeks off work to prepare.

Long story short, it's not that bad. That said, I have klonipin. Lots of it. And I've been taking an average of 1mg a day.

My motivation to do anything but lay on the couch is virtually nonexistent. But when in that state I feel relatively comfortable.

Caffeine, which usually helps me to be motivated, causes a LOT of anxiety. So as long as I stay away from caffeine I feel OK. With a klonipin when I start to feel excessively bad.

I believe by the 2 week mark, I will be fit to go back to work. As I can function enough to get work done, if I push myself. It just isn't fun.

Just thought I'd share, because I k ow there are several bros on here hooked on that shyte. It can be done. Just don't expect to be your normal super cheery self for a while.

Oh and I also quit alcohol, bipolar meds and SSRI's at the same time. Oh and skoal. So it can be done. Just give yourself enough "me" time to adjust to your endorphins coming back online. I will report back as I see fit. For anyone interested. :)

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
THEY’LL NEVER MAKE ME GIVE UP MY COPENHAGEN

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yeah I'm not a very happy camper lol. Better than being a slave to substances numerous times a day just to feel normal. It got old

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Good stuff RB! You'll be out of the woods in no time. Keep it up - weren't you down to just a few g per day on a taper?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Good stuff RB! You'll be out of the woods in no time. Keep it up - weren't you down to just a few g per day on a taper?
I was, then my work load increased five fold. Backslid. Cold turkey is the only thing that works for me

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was, then my work load increased five fold. Backslid. Cold turkey is the only thing that works for me
I'm with ya brother. Always cold turkey for me....the attempts at a taper were always quick and unsuccessful- good luck

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cold turkey is the way to go. It’s the fastest way to full recovery. I’ve gone cold turkey off so many things. As long as it’s not a serious benzo or alcohol addiction then it won’t kill you. You’ll just think you’re dying. Kratom WD isn’t that that bad. It’s just a serious inconvenience and it’s very difficult to function during that time. But good job man. If you’re anything like me then around the two week mark you’ll be feeling pretty good and by the three week mark you’ll basically be back to homeostasis.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Jeez bro, I would taper off a dose like that. No sense in my opinion to deal with horrible sides for 2 weeks when it can be avoided with a slow taper. To each their own my friend, good luck amigo.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Personally a I could never take more than a teaspoonful of kratom at a time or I’d be puking like crazy.

Slapoyjoe

I’m sure someone has probably asked before: but why not just smoke weed?

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Good on you, Ricky. May not feel good right now, but you will when you know you’ve come out the other side a free man.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So it's day 7 of no kratom after 3.5 years of daily 15-20 gram a day use.

I took 2 weeks off work to prepare.

Long story short, it's not that bad. That said, I have klonipin. Lots of it. And I've been taking an average of 1mg a day.

My motivation to do anything but lay on the couch is virtually nonexistent. But when in that state I feel relatively comfortable.

Caffeine, which usually helps me to be motivated, causes a LOT of anxiety. So as long as I stay away from caffeine I feel OK. With a klonipin when I start to feel excessively bad.

I believe by the 2 week mark, I will be fit to go back to work. As I can function enough to get work done, if I push myself. It just isn't fun.

Just thought I'd share, because I k ow there are several bros on here hooked on that shyte. It can be done. Just don't expect to be your normal super cheery self for a while.

Oh and I also quit alcohol, bipolar meds and SSRI's at the same time. Oh and skoal. So it can be done. Just give yourself enough "me" time to adjust to your endorphins coming back online. I will report back as I see fit. For anyone interested. :)
Pins are way more addicting and benzos withdrawals are far worse bro.
I'd get some gabapentin instead of klonopin

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m sure someone has probably asked before: but why not just smoke weed?
I’m sure he does smoke weed. Kratom is an opiate and produces a totally different feeling than weed. That’s like telling a coke head to just drink beer. They’re totally different substances. I smoke weed recreationally but I’ve still been addicted to opiates many times because I go back to them for that distinct comforting feeling.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pins are way more addicting and benzos withdrawals are far worse bro.
I'd get some gabapentin instead of klonopin
I’m pretty sure he’s already addicted to benzos. Maybe not, but I know he said he has copious amounts of them. I’ve successfully used benzos to help quit opiates, including kratom, for up to a week at a time without getting addicted to the benzos. You just need to get enough to get you through the first 4-7 days but no more than that. It can provide a tremendous amount of relief.

BlockBuilder

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Did a doctor tell you to go off of your antidepressants and bipolar medication? If you’re on bipolar medication I really wouldn’t go off of it unless a doctor specifically told you to

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Good for you. As an ex opiate pill addict who loved the initial feeling but got hooked badly, I will never touch kratom or anything that works like it does. It's just asking for trouble. My brother who had pain pill problems is struggling to get off kratom right now. I think its crap personally.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m pretty sure he’s already addicted to benzos. Maybe not, but I know he said he has copious amounts of them. I’ve successfully used benzos to help quit opiates, including kratom, for up to a week at a time without getting addicted to the benzos. You just need to get enough to get you through the first 4-7 days but no more than that. It can provide a tremendous amount of relief.
I know. Gabapentin helps almost as much and there really is no withdrawals from gabapentin .
I'm just saying, I've kicked real dope dozens of times. I still use STUFF now and then so withdrawals I'm familiar with.
I didn't catch that he's commited to staying on benzos. Klonopin build up in the system so the work better as time goes on.
I'd add some Gabapentin.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Did a doctor tell you to go off of your antidepressants and bipolar medication? If you’re on bipolar medication I really wouldn’t go off of it unless a doctor specifically told you to
I have to agree here. My best friend was supposed to taper off a few years back according to his doc, but he got impatient and went cold turkey. Started mega-dosing weed to try to cope but less than 2 months later he came home from the grocery store, put the milk on the counter, and put a bullet in the dog and in his brain. Nobody but his fiancé knew he’d dropped everything suddenly.

A tale of caution. I think about him probably once a week, and I wish I had known what he was trying so I could try to slow him down with it.

You need to be very open with your loved ones and talk to your doctor, for them.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've quit the bipolar meds before. Felt fine. Wife says I'm more cranky without but she'll survive. Doc has a thing agains benzos so he has been trying to taper me down and give me antidepressants. Well they make me feel like shyte, so I'm quitting that too. Only been on for about a month. So I'll be aight.

I never really needed that crap. All I had was anxiety and the klonipin always did the trick. Maybe one day I'll taper off the benzos. Probably not.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Good deal bro... So many people get labeled by a physician with such things as bi-polar. I could easily be considered such with my heavy swinging pendulum of moods. The thing about a label is once you yourself buy into it it becomes a crutch you can't walk without acknowledging. Now I do know some people do have legit chemical imbalances.

However America is 5% of the worlds population and we consume 75% of the worlds prescription medication. Its crazy and really unnecessary. Often holistic approaches are more effective, even things like diet (gluten, sugar etc) drastically affecting people's sense of well being.

I'm glad youre jumping off man. You know yourself how you feel with and without meds. If you think its for the best you're probably right.

I myself have tapered my kratom use to 3-5g 2-3x per day. Getting ready to jump off myself. I did this after a heavy tianeptine addiction (that stuff is horrific). Formerly abused opiates and benzos for years. I guess even now anything i use I'd rather do it somewhat moderately. Chalk it up to maturity I guess.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know. Gabapentin helps almost as much and there really is no withdrawals from gabapentin .
I'm just saying, I've kicked real dope dozens of times. I still use STUFF now and then so withdrawals I'm familiar with.
I didn't catch that he's commited to staying on benzos. Klonopin build up in the system so the work better as time goes on.
I'd add some Gabapentin.
Ok, I have to look into gabapentin. I don’t know anything about it. If it’ll help with anxiety then maybe I’ll try it. I’m coming off a bit of an opiate relapse myself.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cgkone I just looked it up and see it’s by prescription only. Have you ever tried gaba the supplement? Does it work? I still haven’t even tried cbd products but my brother uses it and swears by it. I smoke weed but I kinda wanna try straight cbd for the anxiety relief because weed can sometimes actually spike my anxiety.

Anyone can chime in here if they’ve tried gaba or cbd. I’m curious if they’re effective for anxiety and sleep.

rgurleyjr

rgurleyjr

Awards
  • Established
Cgkone I just looked it up and see it’s by prescription only. Have you ever tried gaba the supplement? Does it work? I still haven’t even tried cbd products but my brother uses it and swears by it. I smoke weed but I kinda wanna try straight cbd for the anxiety relief because weed can sometimes actually spike my anxiety.

Anyone can chime in here if they’ve tried gaba or cbd. I’m curious if they’re effective for anxiety and sleep.
Sent you a pm.

Never tried gaba the supplement but unrelated to gabapentin. I've heard gaba the supplement can cause issues coming off. As someone with massive sleep problems, I like ksm 66 and valerian root.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I have to look into gabapentin. I don’t know anything about it. If it’ll help with anxiety then maybe I’ll try it. I’m coming off a bit of an opiate relapse myself.
Helps a lot. Really gets you through the hard parts of withdrawal.
If you get a chance try some. They've helped lots of people .

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

If your looking for gabapentin shoot me a PM. It was the only non opiate that helped my opiate withdrawal. Calms the limbs, relaxes you, takes the wd symptoms away. My understanding is that it's really not addictive at all itself. Not even close to gaba supplement - but that can be very helpful too. Just nowhere the degree that gabapentin is.

Godstrength

Godstrength

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Helps a lot. Really gets you through the hard parts of withdrawal.
If you get a chance try some. They've helped lots of people .
The biggest thing they help with imo is restless legs and that feeling that you want to crawl out of your skin. It pretty much eliminates that which makes it much much easier. Not even benzos can do what gabapentin can for opiate withdrawals.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Gabapentin and gaba are different.
I use CBD daily. The weed I smoke is CBD 6% /thc 6%.
Where normally cbd is .08% and the 15%+
Cbd is the sh1t.
Cbd does all kind of good stuff for me
I smoke daily.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The biggest thing they help with imo is restless legs and that feeling that you want to crawl out of your skin. It pretty much eliminates that which makes it much much easier. Not even benzos can do what gabapentin can for opiate withdrawals.
Yeah they do all kinds of neat stuff. Almost zero sides. You don't build a tolerance ..
No hangover. They also make me quite the conversationalist.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Still doing good. Didn't even need a klonipin yesterday until bedtime when I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Feeling some week cravings today that pass quickly. Probably due to boredom.

Motivation is coming back somewhat, still staying away from caffeine. Makes me feel like hell for some reason

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Still doing good. Didn't even need a klonipin yesterday until bedtime when I knew I wouldn't be able to sleep.

Motivation is coming back somewhat, still staying away from caffeine. Makes me feel like hell for some reason
Good to hear!

bigsmall

Banned
Awards

Its cause your system is used to kratom calming it. I had the same problem with opiates. Coffee made me super anxious for a few months until post withdrawl symptoms started to level out. Keep up the good work. Freedom abounds brother.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

If you’re bored, if you’re sore, if you’re tired - a fresh breath of cold air during a walk can help ease the mind.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Glad to see someone else broke the bondage. Kicking tianeptine and Kratom was terrible, but I did it. You can kick your addictions as well! Remember once you’re done, temptation is a helluva thing. Thoughts creep in, “I can take it just for this event” or whatever your case may be and remember you’ve been clean for “x” amount of days and the person you truly are is currently present and conscious. Don’t backslide my guy!

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Good job man. Is your plan to permanently quit alcohol as well? Or is that a temporary thing while you detox from kratom?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Good job man. Is your plan to permanently quit alcohol as well? Or is that a temporary thing while you detox from kratom?
I plan on limiting my alcohol use to special occasions only. Maybe once a month or two

Popeisdope

Awards

It is prescription only but it's relatively easy to get.

Gabapentin is alright. It definitely does help. I personally prefer pregabalin (Lyrica) though. Makes me feel a lil drink but it's the only thing that can combat the restless legs I get during opiate wd. Also a pretty easy script to get.

Straight gaba products don't work the same way unfortunately.

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is prescription only but it's relatively easy to get.

Gabapentin is alright. It definitely does help. I personally prefer pregabalin (Lyrica) though. Makes me feel a lil drink but it's the only thing that can combat the restless legs I get during opiate wd. Also a pretty easy script to get.

Straight gaba products don't work the same way unfortunately.
I find it hard to get lyrica. Can shoot me pm if your I arrested I'm a trade.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
kratom sounds like some seriously evil ****.
It’s not, but you can’t use it all the time. It’s a gift from the gods for those addicted to opiates.

I use it similar to how they used to use nalbuphine (Nubain)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It’s not, but you can’t use it all the time. It’s a gift from the gods for those addicted to opiates.

I use it similar to how they used to use nalbuphine (Nubain)
But guys got mad addicted to Nubain as well...

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
But guys got mad addicted to Nubain as well...
**** yeah they did. Kratom isn’t as addictive though, or detrimental to cardiovascular health, so using it a couple times a week or less is alright.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To be honest I’ve used it on and off for months on end before, as in daily for a few months, stopped for a few months or as long as a few years. Just whenever. No issues. Since getting back to bodybuilding this year I’ve incorporated it into training rather than recreation. Taken preworkout it can increase both initial force and overall endurance. Because you can’t feel the pain the same.

Taken post workout or on off days obviously has an anaesthetic analgesic effect for recovery purposes.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
**** yeah they did. Kratom isn’t as addictive though, or detrimental to cardiovascular health, so using it a couple times a week or less is alright.
Nowhere near as addictive. Not really seeing the comparison to nubain?!?!?...with that said I do realize a lot of people have to put up a hell of a lot of fight to stop taking it. Seems very user dependant as far as effects and sides go.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I thought I basically heard of every opiate but this is the first time I’ve heard of nubain. Is it a prescription drug or is it a grey area drug?

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I thought I basically heard of every opiate but this is the first time I’ve heard of nubain. Is it a prescription drug or is it a grey area drug?
It used to be a gray market drug, then they scheduled it.

It was mainly used by bodybuilders, in much the way I described using kratom.

Old Witch

Old Witch

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Nowhere near as addictive. Not really seeing the comparison to nubain?!?!?...with that said I do realize a lot of people have to put up a hell of a lot of fight to stop taking it. Seems very user dependant as far as effects and sides go.
Nubain = opioid painkiller

Kratom = opioid containing herb

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Nubain = opioid painkiller

Kratom = opioid containing herb
Nubain = synthetic opiod painkiller. Body WILL become dependent on this. You WILL have a detox. You will need increasing doses over time....etc.

Kratom = granted I've gotten as educated as I care to but what I understand is it is an opiate receptor agonist. Doesnt cause numerous problems a pharmaceutical does...100% of the time. The 7-OH may be a partial opioid?

However, I dont think you can even say a majority get addicted to this. You will not need increasing doses over time - does not lose effectiveness as far as pain relief. I understand to a degree they "fill the same hole" but the action is nowhere near the same.

Imodium is an opiate. Would you compare that to nubain, oxy, heroin?

bigsmall

Banned
Awards
Cold showers really helped with withdrawl. They snap you out of the state your in...i still use them today.