Any tips for Glute injection?

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Im very likely overcomplicating it but are there any tips for injection placement? I know it needs to be in the upper/ outer quadrant at a 90 degree angle and i know the sterilization tips, but i guess are there any indicators as to where best to pin?

Im a little scared of hitting a vein/ blood vessel or whatever. Any tips for avoding this? How frequently does this happen? Every nurse or whatever on youtube says to aspirate, does it happen frequently enough to where you need to aspirate?

Apologize if i am overcomplicating it but i have never run an injectable cycle before.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im very likely overcomplicating it but are there any tips for injection placement? I know it needs to be in the upper/ outer quadrant at a 90 degree angle and i know the sterilization tips, but i guess are there any indicators as to where best to pin?

Im a little scared of hitting a vein/ blood vessel or whatever. Any tips for avoding this? How frequently does this happen? Every nurse or whatever on youtube says to aspirate, does it happen frequently enough to where you need to aspirate?

Apologize if i am overcomplicating it but i have never run an injectable cycle before.
Only way to know if you hit a vein is to aspirate everytime. You could always look in to doing sub q injections...they are very popular with the TRT.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
my wife is a nurse and says most nurses no longer aspirate. i don't worry too much about it in the glute though that's why its such a good place to hit.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah for sub q i think its shorter...a simple google search will tell you all you need to know.

stud220

Awards
Only way to know if you hit a vein is to aspirate everytime. You could always look in to doing sub q injections...they are very popular with the TRT.
Sub q injections are just stupid with trt or any intramuscular injectable compound. I never understood why people would try this.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sub q injections are just stupid with trt or any intramuscular injectable compound. I never understood why people would try this.
Check out on youtube, Dr. John Crisler SubQ injection demonstration...

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Just a shorter needle?
Sub-q would be like a 1/2 in pin or so. You pinch the skin and inject into the sub-q tissue. I have to do it for a med I’m on; I do it in the stomach. I’d prefer intramuscular to subq personally, especially when you’re pinning 1ml or more.

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
You’re just worrying too much imo. Just aspirate before you push the oil through. If blood comes in, pull it out, swap needles and try a different spot. As someone already said, most nurses don’t even aspirate anymore.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Finally went for it today and i didnt feel a damn thing honestly when it went in. Got super like hot and almost sick because i have a phobia of needles which im hoping ill overcome but after i sat down for a minute i was good. I was blown away how i felt nothing.

It feels like i have some substantial PIP and almost have like a bruise but other than that everything is good to go.

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Finally went for it today and i didnt feel a damn thing honestly when it went in. Got super like hot and almost sick because i have a phobia of needles which im hoping ill overcome but after i sat down for a minute i was good. I was blown away how i felt nothing.

It feels like i have some substantial PIP and almost have like a bruise but other than that everything is good to go.
Go slower next time (count to 10) 1-one-thousand, etc. Don't move the needle. That causes the PIP.
My wife has been a phlebotomist for 20 years, and runs the lab at the hospital. She never aspirates, and she teaches medical students.
(Thankfully -- but most of them are still idiots. lol)

DemntedCowboy

DemntedCowboy

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have never aspirated, and as justhere4comm said. The slower you go the better

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
Go slower next time (count to 10) 1-one-thousand, etc. Don't move the needle. That causes the PIP.
My wife has been a phlebotomist for 20 years, and runs the lab at the hospital. She never aspirates, and she teaches medical students.
(Thankfully -- but most of them are still idiots. lol)
I was kinda freaking out when the needle was in haha so i went super quick but remembered someone said to go slow so i slowed down at about 1/4 left.

Didnt know thats what caused pip tho! Thanks for the heads up!

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lots of things can cause PIP...virgin muscle being one of them as well. Next time, do some quick squat thrusts a few mins after injection, its been known to help with Pip

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
When injecting glutes, use a 25 or 27 g 5/8 inch syringe. Stand on the opposite leg to take the pressure off the leg/glute you plan to inject. Massage for a few minutes afterwards.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I watched some YouTube videos before I pinned.

Davy25

Davy25

Awards
  • Established
So the PIP is still going strong. I know how to avoid it next time but should it last this long? Tomorrow i pin again if it lasts more than like a week should i think about seeing a doctor?

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the PIP is still going strong. I know how to avoid it next time but should it last this long? Tomorrow i pin again if it lasts more than like a week should i think about seeing a doctor?
Even after getting an injection done by my doctor, the PIP lasted about 3 days...though it was very minor, but noticeably sore. Virgin muscle injected with test oil will result in PIP even when done perfectly. Take some Ibuprofen and carry on, unless its extremely painful. Keep an eye on the spot you injected, as long as its not swollen and/or leaking discharge, you will most likely be alright.

khall1974

khall1974

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When injecting glutes, use a 25 or 27 g 5/8 inch syringe. Stand on the opposite leg to take the pressure off the leg/glute you plan to inject. Massage for a few minutes afterwards.
Will the 25 or 27 get deep enough for intramuscle

Matthersby

Matthersby

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
25 or 27 gauge is the width of the needle, not the length. They are less painful but take longer to get oil in or out. And tbh all it has to do is get in your body and it will be absorbed into your bloodstream. Obviously it’s preferable to get all of it into a nice depot deep in the muscle, but if it’s in fat or muscle, your body will get the drug. Whether you use a .5 inch or 2 inch needle.