Can steriods & gaining weight really fast screw up your limbs or legimates?

S

slayr98

Awards
I was wondering if taking steriods and gaining alot of weight really fast could screw up your limbs, or legimates? Because i don't remember where i read it but it said when you but on that much weight so fast can put an overload on your limbs and legimates? Is this true? and if so what can you do to help your body to deal with it? By stretching or doing or yoda or something?

S

size

Awards
  • Established
legimates????????

Ligaments would be the correct word selection.

S

slayr98

Awards
so do you know anything or you just here to correct my grammar? and never the less you still knew what i was talking about

K

knox

Awards
  • Established
by adding muscle and weight on too fast can create problems especially during workouts. Basically your muscles will over power your ligaments because your ligaments cannot keep up with the sudden increase in strength. Probably the best way to help this is by taking time off a cycle so the ligaments have time to catch up. Also deca is pretty popular during a cycle when dealing with these issues. I"m probably not much help. But isn't my kitty avatar cool? lol meow!

C

coofoostu

Awards
One of the main reasons you want to have a good natural base is so that your tendons are ready for aas use. With all the strength gains you make while on cycle, your tendons are stressed as they take longer to grow than the muscle. With a few years of training under your belt, your tendons are strong and can take the increase in strength (to an extent). Im not sure what you mean by limbs? You would more than likely be gaining strength in your legs an arms, not just your core body.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was wondering if taking steriods and gaining alot of weight really fast could screw up your limbs, or legimates? Because i don't remember where i read it but it said when you but on that much weight so fast can put an overload on your limbs and legimates? Is this true? and if so what can you do to help your body to deal with it? By stretching or doing or yoda or something?
so do you know anything or you just here to correct my grammar? and never the less you still knew what i was talking about
:goodpost:

M

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Might want to try some adequan or better yet gh
Might want to try some adequan or better yet gh

growth at his age more than likely would not have much effect unless it was at very high dosage and then the cost of if would NOT be effective...

Along note, if you are asking about GEAR/AAS please put the questions in the correct forum, I am moving this one to the anabolics forum now..

M

Methyl1

Awards
legimates????????

Ligaments would be the correct word selection.
What he meant to say is that he is an Illegitimate son:lol:

Yes, there is an issue where tendon strength increase is not equal to the rate of muscular strength increase that AAS use constitutes. I have read where muscular mass increases too rapidly for tendon strength to increase proportionatly thus resulting in damage where too much wieght is suddenly used that the underlying tendon cannot support.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Going from 160-170lbs. to my current 265, my tendons are fooking wasted. My arm work has totally taken a hit from it too. I'll get this flare up in my wrist and I'll have to not do any arm work for 3-4 weeks. Then by the time I get back to it, I'll get to where I was at previously and then the **** hits the fan again...quite annoying.

I wish (in a way) that I would've waited to put on this much mass and do it a lot slower. My fvcked up tendons along with my obscene amount of stretch marks would make anybody rethink their goals, or rather their rate of achieving their goals.

M

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I don't know if doing a little green thing from star wars will help with your ligaments or not.

M

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Joking aside dude, Bump to methyl1's post. IMO also warmups, proper form, strecthing etc. help with certain things but with ligaments time and consistent training are most important. I would say that good breaks between cycles not only help get your chol./lipids back to normal, liver cleansed, but also give ligaments time to catch up to your newly acquired muscle strength.

M

Methyl1

Awards
I don't know if doing a little green thing from star wars will help with your ligaments or not.
Yes it does, the magical properties strengthen the tendons in your jock and thus radiate upwards through your shaft and into your Muskels:lol:

M

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Than please tell me where I can find Yoda

S

size

Awards
  • Established
You should not be using AAS if you are this confused about elementary mammalian anatomy and physiology.

B

bigman420

Awards
:goodpost: hahahahaha i wish i could have sex with yoda

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I tried that Yoda exercise, but he just wouldnt fit up there without a friends help. Oh well guess I wasn't cut out for the force.

K

kwantam

the triumph of the grill
Awards
  • Established
I tried that Yoda exercise, but he just wouldnt fit up there without a friends help. Oh well guess I wasn't cut out for the force.
Dude, you gotta PUSH! Why do you think they call it the FORCE?

-kwantam

R

RedSwan78

Board Supporter
Awards
Going from 160-170lbs. to my current 265, my tendons are fooking wasted. My arm work has totally taken a hit from it too. I'll get this flare up in my wrist and I'll have to not do any arm work for 3-4 weeks. Then by the time I get back to it, I'll get to where I was at previously and then the **** hits the fan again...quite annoying.

I wish (in a way) that I would've waited to put on this much mass and do it a lot slower. My fvcked up tendons along with my obscene amount of stretch marks would make anybody rethink their goals, or rather their rate of achieving their goals.
Lifted,

In what sort of time period did you go from 170 to 265? Also, approximately what was the strength gain in that time of period as well?

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
About 4-4.5 years(consistently+diet). Although I've always worked out and played sports in high school. I've had to forcefeed myself for about the past year and a half since I have such a high metabolism. If I don't eat close to 6500 cals/day when I'm trying to put on mass, I lose my ,muscle QUICKLY!! Honestly, if I miss just one meal I notice it the next day. So it's no easy. Most days don't go buy w/ me vomiting at least once either...sickening, I know, but that's what I have to do to maintane/gain muscle.

When I started training consistently I was around 19, diet wasn't in check though until a year or two into it.

When I started training @ 165lbs. or so, my 1rep max bench press was around 225lbs...lol. At the moment, I'm thinking it's more like 400lbs. or so. Though the last time I checked was some time ago and I was able to get 365 1.5 times. I've added about 20lbs. LBM since then. Don't do squats anymore, so I can't give a reference. Deadlifts went from 200lbs. to 585 one time....maybe less a little now though due to a strained hammy. Deads are my fav. excercise.

Also mind you, I started running AAS when I was 21. But I waited till I was about 190lbs before I ran my first ph cycle. Since then, I've run MANY cycles. Probably about 9 or so within the last few years. Cycles (aas) consisted mostly of test/dbol. Ph's were 1AD/4AD/1test/m1,4diol, etc..

C

Cardinal

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Avoiding compounds that are known to be crappy on the joints might be one suggestion. Use of joint protective steroids another.

Personally, I have switched to quite a bit of Hammer Strength work and my joints a lot better. Often it is the mechanical movement and not the amount of weight.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Avoiding compounds that are known to be crappy on the joints might be one suggestion. Use of joint protective steroids another.

Personally, I have switched to quite a bit of Hammer Strength work and my joints a lot better. Often it is the mechanical movement and not the amount of weight.
Those hammer machines have been catching my eye lately. I've never really used them before except for lat raises which I loved. How do you like the chest and delt workouts with them? And do you have any idea where I could find a cheap one on a website or anything?? I've been wanting to buy one to add to my home gym.

G

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
The hammer press machines are even harder on my shoulders than free weights, but thats me...