orals and digestive issues

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
I can't seem to take orals without extreme stomach problems. I would really like to be able to take them without this side effect. MAX LMG caused the same problems. extreme abdominal distention. I have been supplementing with peppermint, acidopholus, beano, gas-x etc. None of these things help when running orals.. I don't want to not be able to run them, so does anyone know how to alleviate this side effect?

patricio

Awards
I can't seem to take orals without extreme stomach problems. I would really like to be able to take them without this side effect. MAX LMG caused the same problems. extreme abdominal distention. I have been supplementing with peppermint, acidopholus, beano, gas-x etc. None of these things help when running orals.. I don't want to not be able to run them, so does anyone know how to alleviate this side effect?
i had a little prob. with abdominal pain when i started SD. After i started drinking alot more water it went away. This seems to be the case more times than not.

Dr. Death

Board Supporter
Awards
Now that i think back on it i did have stomach problems with some of the pro hormones that had the esters and the undeconates in them. I never had a problem with the methyls.

Last edited:

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
i had a little prob. with abdominal pain when i started SD. After i started drinking alot more water it went away. This seems to be the case more times than not.
I drink plenty of water. A little over 2 gallons a day, not counting the water in the protein shakes.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
BUMP

Does anyone know what can be done to prevent the gastric-distress I experience while taking orals? I mean I burp up food and get bad stomach bloat. Digestive problems are almost intolerable.. Weird thing is I never used to have any problems until a few months back.. Could I have a problem with malabsorbtion/ a digestive disorder, and if so, where can I go to get examined for one? Also, could taking GXR or something similar enhance the orals too much causing this?

shootmeagain

Awards
  • Established
This is just a little better than a shot in the dark... because we are not talking about regular digestive problems, but a specific issue... but have you considered probiotics/digestive enzymes? I have no idea if this would do a thing for you, but it is something you might try and see.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have tried supplementing with MRM's Digest-All, which includes a blend of enzymes to help the body digest protein, fat and starches. I've tried Beano, Gas-X and IBS medications as well. None help.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
Yes, I have tried supplementing with MRM's Digest-All, which includes a blend of enzymes to help the body digest protein, fat and starches. I've tried Beano, Gas-X and IBS medications as well. None help.
Just thought I'd re-bump this one..

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've had similar problems like this before and found that adding in some flax seed and pysllium husk powder for a little additional fiber intake along with a combination of relaxation techniques, i.e. proper breathing, meditation, etc, etc. Stress can cause havoc on the digestive tract and this worked great for me. Are you experiencing any gastric or intestinal pain along with your symptoms? If so may want to look up a local gastroenterologist. Try the yellow pages under physician.

Anarchy939

Awards
  • Established
I've had similar problems like this before and found that adding in some flax seed and pysllium husk powder for a little additional fiber intake along with a combination of relaxation techniques, i.e. proper breathing, meditation, etc, etc. Stress can cause havoc on the digestive tract and this worked great for me. Are you experiencing any gastric or intestinal pain along with your symptoms? If so may want to look up a local gastroenterologist. Try the yellow pages under physician.
Thanks for the response.

I actually tried supplementing with an Acidopholus/Phsyllum Blend and it seemed to help with the "regularity," but I still got really bad gas and bloat after a meal. I haven't had any pains though.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
I have the same issues. When I take orals, I tend to pop gas-X and pepcid AC like Pez (that's a type of candy for you youngins :D ). I would opt for a better Dig-enzyme such as the Now brand that Stryder carries or GestaZyme. They have a better profile and seem to work much better. One thing to note here, I eat a metamucil cracker and take a Dig-E with EVERY freaking meal when my stomach acts up. Personally, I think that I have a hiatal hernia since it worsens when I'm bulking (stomach gets stretched more then). But since I'm a man, I won't be going in to get checked :twisted: :twisted: :run: I'm going in for an umbilical hernia repair in a few weeks and really doin't feel like getting slit open again for another patch. FVCK....why can't they just put in a piece of mesh to just cover my whole freakin abdominal wall while I'm under :rant:

Anyway, I would look around for info on hiatal hernias (if the pain is at the bottom of your rib cage) and see what you find. Let me know if you find something miraculous :drunk:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SatishOG Anabolics 0
Anabolics 89
AntM1564 Anabolics 4
50Magnum Anabolics 5
Pro Bodybuilding 9