Important question: 1-test considered a "roid"?

RippedForce

Awards
If one were to do a cycle of 1-test, whether it be in pill or transdermal form, and someone asked them the question: "Have you taken 'roids before?" What would technically be the answer to that? I know that many say 1-test is a steroid, but it's also been referred to as a pro-steroid I thought, and "roids" generally refer to illegal products such as Dbol or Test. Anyone know, or have an opinion on this?

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Pro-steroid is a term that was coined for marketing purposes. It IS chemically a steroid that does not need conversion. It is however legal so, at this time, I would say (depeding on who asked) no. People associate steroids only as illegal substances.

pogue

pogue

Banned
Awards
  • Established
ww7 is correct. It would be considered a steroid, since the definition of a steroid is a synthetic chemical hormone derivitive of testosterone.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
In my case, I still say I'm natural, considering people never believed me to begin with...Since i'm a target of assumption to begin with, I don't bother to mention 1-test..

Prohormones are precursors to hormones, they need an enzyme to help out conversion.. This makes them not steroids, or even "technically" speaking..

RippedForce

Awards
Yeah, Ill probably just say that I have done prohormones, rather than explain the whole deal on 1-test. Most people don't think/know prohormones really work anyways :p

WYD02

Awards
  • Established
Tell them you use cell-tech and it makes you huge :D LOL :p

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
No no, its the nitrotech AND the celltech combined that really pack on the mass...

RippedForce

Awards
EXACTLY. Without the nitro-tech protein, the cell tech will not add 30 pounds of lean muscle in a month.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I KNOW! Its true too, just read those SPECIAL 6-PAGE AD REPORTS!!

Muscletech - supplements that work!:)

John Benz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Re: Important question: 1-test considered a "roid"?

If one were to do a cycle of 1-test, whether it be in pill or transdermal form, and someone asked them the question: "Have you taken 'roids before?" What would technically be the answer to that? I know that many say 1-test is a steroid, but it's also been referred to as a pro-steroid I thought, and "roids" generally refer to illegal products such as Dbol or Test. Anyone know, or have an opinion on this?
1-test is technically a steroid as it needs no conversion, but the answer to your question would be more a matter of personal ethics. Most "natural" bb'ers do pro-hormones and as long as they don't get caught, they feel it's allright. If I was asked if I used any steroids or prohormones, I could not lie about it to qualify for a natural contest.

There are some very dedicated naturals, like Layne Norton, who use nothing, and it doesn't seem fair for them to be in direct competition with a person who has used 1-test.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Important question: 1-test considered a "roid"?

Originally posted by John Benz

There are some very dedicated naturals, like Layne Norton, who use nothing, and it doesn't seem fair for them to be in direct competition with a person who has used 1-test.
So, I'd be a complete ass to compete with him this summer, huh? :D

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
There are contests that allow its use like the one I'm doing, and some that don't if you have to lie to get into the contest then yah your cheating, if the contest allows it then your not and don't have to lie. I won't compete in a contest that does not allow them when I've done them. I would wait 2 years b4 entering such a contest. It's grey so you just have to go by the rules of the governing body, that's black and white even though they are full of roid users. Take the high ground and don't cheat your only cheating yourself in the long run.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I knew that, that's why I only do NPC shows now..

1-test can't be traced anyway, I get my bloodwork done every 3 months, and have yet to find it... I've even told them I was on..

HINT: 1-test is similar in structure to DHT, which also isn't detectable.. ;)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't NPC have tested and non-tested shows. Do they allow all legal products or do they have some restrictions in their tested shows.

bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Tested shows for the NPC will allow prohormones.. Untested shows don't care.. :)

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yah that's what I thought so tested NPC may be an option for me in the future, thanks. I like what 1 test is doing for me and really want to keep using it if I can find shows that allow it and don't allow illegal drugs as I don't want to venture that far, we all have to draw the line somewhere.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the legal prohormones and 1 test and there are quite a few illegal ones probably that are just as safe but I have to use something as a guidline so I'll use the law, even though it may not be completely fair.

I guess there's a fair amount of cheating going on in the NPC tested shows though, like everywhere else, does it piss you off that your trying to abide by the rules and they're not or are you over it, and just go about your business.