Gw-501516 & Your Liver

J

jbellx3

Awards
I'm sure that somewhere this has been addressed to many times, but I don’t seem to be able to find someone laying out the facts. I have seen the study that talks about the damage that GW could do on your liver, but no evidence to say that it doesn’t, or to repudiate the study. Could someone please make it clear to me the effects of GW on your liver and explain why? Cell death? Fibrosis? I would truly appreciate it!

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It actually helps your liver. Lowers BP. Helps lipid profile.

B

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure that somewhere this has been addressed to many times, but I don’t seem to be able to find someone laying out the facts. I have seen the study that talks about the damage that GW could do on your liver, but no evidence to say that it doesn’t, or to repudiate the study. Could someone please make it clear to me the effects of GW on your liver and explain why? Cell death? Fibrosis? I would truly appreciate it!
I've only read that from really hight dose rat studies. Don't remember it beeng a problem with normal dose.

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
It is most definitely not good for your liver, it increases your chance of developing hepatic fibrosis and potentially cirrhosis. However this relationship only seems to be present when you are already under hepatic stress (ie taking prohormones or oral AAS, drinking heavily) or have existing liver damage (chronic alcohol use, previous choleostasis) This is true in human models at reasonable doses, if you want to take it don't stack it with anything hepatatoxic and drink reasonably on it. However, most definitely true it is great for lipid profile and will lower bp, some people get a little hypoglycemic on it though.

U

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
supposedly it can help liver damage if its run solo,
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25854303
No offense vujade, but if you read the entire article, which I can't blame you for because it's very verbose, this refers to a very specific type of liver damage caused by a problem that does not apply to 95% of people. In general it will not heal the most common forms of liver damage in people that are caused by ingesting exogenous heptatoxic compounds. In fact it is it's actions on hepatic stellate cell healing that actually causes the problems. It causes uncontrolled and rapid healing in damaged stellate cells that results in formation of fibrotic cells and hence fibrosis, this is via its activation of PPAR sigma. It also indirectly affects the angiotensin and renin system (same reason it lowers your blood pressure, it's almost like taking an ACE inhibitor, but different method of action), which is why it safely heals a very specfic type of liver damage that was the focus of the abstract.

I just don't want people taking it thinking they can heal or reverse liver damage that was caused by alcohol, PH use, or even legitimate use of certain prescription drugs. Even if you are taking it solo, don't take it if you suspect that you have existing liver damage that is the result of substance use in hopes of healing it, you are only increasing the chance of causing a more permanent form of liver damage. If you have a healthy liver, taking it solo is probably safe, but don't drink while on it or take prescription drugs that are hepatatoxic.

Here is very in-depth article explaining this further if anyone is interested.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3519722/

J

jbellx3

Awards
This is what I was looking to hear. I'm 46, drank a ton most of my life. I work in the wine business. Still drink, but not near the amount I did when I was younger. I have used AAS & PH and was not very smart about it when I was younger. I havnt been told I have any liver damage, but as I age, who knows what might come up. I am much smarter now and use MT, NAC, and Tudca reguardless if I'm on a cycle or not. I just up the dosage if on. I was going to add the GW to a SARM stack of RAD, MK-677, and LGD. I really only wanted the GW for the fatloss, but the endurance was a plus. I'm still on the fence, but now a days, I would rather err on the side of caution.