Steroid/testosterone use and blood clots.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
If you google "testosterone blood clots", various agencies are warning that even simple TRT regimens of testosterone are causing sometimes fatal blood clots in people, resulting in heart attack, stroke, or pulmonary embolism.

Is it really the test that causes it though? Do these people have underlying medical conditions?

How come people like Hulk Hogan and pro bodybuilders take massive dosages for years and never had these issues?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
"People like Hulk Hogan and pro bodybuilders" I'm sure have some health problems. You are acting as though anything you read on the internet is factual and anything you haven't read on the internet doesn't exist.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
"People like Hulk Hogan and pro bodybuilders" I'm sure have some health problems. You are acting as though anything you read on the internet is factual and anything you haven't read on the internet doesn't exist.
But they didn't die, except maybe some BB'ers here and there.

rhizome

Awards
But they didn't die, except maybe some BB'ers here and there.
Even if there were some degree of causal relation, only a small percentage of people who get blood clots experience adverse events. I have Factor V Leiden which increases my risk of clots. Over the past 5 years, I've had at least a half a dozen clots in my leg with no adverse events, nothing to do with steroids, yes n=1. Athletes are not likely to report clots to the general public so you may not even know if they occurred perhaps unless you took a close look at their legs.

stankyleg

stankyleg

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nangirin and tumeric keep hematocrit in check. Give blood and do HIIT as well.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're basing this thread off of commercials for law agencies looking to make a buck. Come on now.

"1800BadDrug said this drug will people!. What should I do?"

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
You're basing this thread off of commercials for law agencies looking to make a buck. Come on now.

"1800BadDrug said this drug will people!. What should I do?"
Seems you're quite hung up on this.

The warnings were issued by the FDA; not just fly by night lawfirms.

Not that I trust our government either. I am not anti-roid, btw.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Basic bad science is all that it is. Correlation =/ causation and of course the FDA and pharms aren't a fan of them. It can't be patented.

BertBolic

BertBolic

Awards
It probably has more to do with the AI or SERM used along with test, rather than with test itself.

throneof

throneof

Awards
  • Established
There is a growing body of evidence that trt induced polycythemia is not associated w an increase in cardiovascular events. My hemoglobin and hematocrit are elevated, my last two endos haven't been all that concerned about QUOTE]

How elevated are your hemo and crit? My hemo came in at 20.2 at the end of a 12 week cypionate cycle. Just trying to get a gauge as to what is merely elevated and downright alarming. I know 20.2 is above range

napalm

napalm

Awards
There is a growing body of evidence that trt induced polycythemia is not associated w an increase in cardiovascular events. My hemoglobin and hematocrit are elevated, my last two endos haven't been all that concerned about QUOTE]

How elevated are your hemo and crit? My hemo came in at 20.2 at the end of a 12 week cypionate cycle. Just trying to get a gauge as to what is merely elevated and downright alarming. I know 20.2 is above range
21 and 56. I'm on a full dose aspirin/day.

Had a stress echo about 6 months ago, clean as a whistle...