cardarine vs ephedrine for fatloss??

FitnessLuke

Awards
Okay sooo cardarine sounds awesome, but the price is crazy.. Like 80-100 bucks a bottle and Id have to run it at 10mg a day to make it last 6 weeks. Ephedrine eca stack is soo much cheaper.

Does cardarine blow ephedrine away??

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your money would be better off spent on ephedrine.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Cardarine is awesome it attacks fat not just weight

FitnessLuke

Awards
Your money would be better off spent on ephedrine.

Honestly?..what advantages does cardarine even have over ephedrine?

Bc I heard ephedrine is veryy mildly anabolic too

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ephedrine is not anabolic.

Ephedrine is very cheap, and highly studied. Cardarine is pretty expensive, and not as highly studied.

sanmarino

sanmarino

Awards
  • Established
Honestly?..what advantages does cardarine even have over ephedrine?

Bc I heard ephedrine is veryy mildly anabolic too
It has an anticatabolic effect (clen and T3 are the worst in this case). Furthermore, GW-501516 improves the lipid values (HDL/LDL values, which will be more important, wenn you are getting older). Ephedrine has absolutely no anabolic effects, it doesn't improve any anabolic process.

GW-501516 gives you a clean source of energy, the power is not the same like from stimulants. I've used GW from RS (the old charge, which worked very well). But now I don't know how good the new charge is, because all of their products (except MK-677), have a new dosage.
Since then, the new products werde underdosed as shxt (the LGD-4033, had no effects, sadly).

Since I used this substance once, I won't miss it in my future cycles.

I could imagine, that GW and a ECY-Stack with a nice calories deficit will be probably the best cutting stack (performance/side effect ratio). And you won't use any AAS or SARM as muscle protector.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ephedrine is not anabolic but is muscle sparing in that it increases blood flow to muscle tissue and increases nitrogen retention during a cut.

I agree that you are better off with a tried & tested Effective ECA stack

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ephedrine is not anabolic but is muscle sparing in that it increases blood flow to muscle tissue
Ephedrine is a vasoconstrictor. How can it increase blood flow to muscle tissue??

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ephedrine is a vasoconstrictor. How can it increase blood flow to muscle tissue??
It is a mechanism of sympathomimetics to relax the smooth muscles, so yes it is a vasoconstrictor, but this is why we have more energy available in working muscles while using Ephedrine.

As a beta agonist it gives strength and hypertrophy benefits

"Ephedrine, as a beta-adrenergic agonist, can preserve muscle mass by reducing nitrogen excretion (and titrating nitrogen balance towards a positive state). Human interventions note a decrease in urinary nitrogen with acute ephedrine usage[37] and at least one study that did not note weight loss was due to a loss of bodyfat concurrent with an increase in muscle gain, with 4.5kg more fat lost and 2.8kg less muscle mass lost over 8 weeks.[6]"

Examine.com has a good overview on ephedrine

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is a vasoconstrictor so it does not relax muscle blood vessels but constrict them. so no additional blood flow to the muscle.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
It is a vasoconstrictor so it does not relax muscle blood vessels but constrict them. so no additional blood flow to the muscle.
It's not always that strait-forward with stimulants

" Ephedrine can have variable effects on the vasculature and can cause either vasodilation through stimulation of the B2-adrenergic receptors or vasoconstriction through stimulation of the a1-adrenergic receptors. "

It effects different systems differently

It can also cause either elevated or lowered BP based on the user and length of use

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The end result is the same though, it helps burn fat and protect lean mass, regardless of the many mechanisms at play

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can also cause either elevated or lowered BP based on the user and length of use
This is the first time I hear this. And honestly don't believe that. I've never seen anybody't BP lowered by ephedrine.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
This is the first time I hear this. And honestly don't believe that. I've never seen anybody't BP lowered by ephedrine.
That comes with prolonged use, I am an example myself. Resting BP on ECA is 90/45 typically

There was a thread discussing this if I can find it..

But generally yes it will only raise BP and is actually a treatment for hypotension.

"Many of the human studies (to be discussed) noted slight increases in blood pressure ranging from 5-23mmhg systolic with no influence on diastolic.[30][7] These effects were acute and causative of the ephedrine administration.

Over a long period of time (8-12 weeks) ephedrine is associated with reduced blood pressure, although this is due to weight loss.[48][3] Sometimes blood pressure is not significantly affected at all chronically, however.[49][50][51]"

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ephedrine is not anabolic or muscle sparing. I am literally running out the door for work, but on my break i'll bring up the research, or paraphrase it.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's not always that strait-forward with stimulants " Ephedrine can have variable effects on the vasculature and can cause either vasodilation through stimulation of the B2-adrenergic receptors or vasoconstriction through stimulation of the a1-adrenergic receptors. " It effects different systems differently It can also cause either elevated or lowered BP based on the user and length of use
it's why some beta agonist increase erection strength or don't effect quality of erection

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
on a pure agonist of b2 possibly but ephedrine works on b1,2,3 and the affect on beta 1 will affect bp adversely

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
on a pure agonist of b2 possibly but ephedrine works on b1,2,3 and the affect on beta 1 will affect bp adversely
Yes I was referring to ephedrine and not a pure b2 agonist.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Ephedrine is not anabolic or muscle sparing. I am literally running out the door for work, but on my break i'll bring up the research, or paraphrase it.
What about clen?

xhrr

Awards
It has an anticatabolic effect (clen and T3 are the worst in this case). Furthermore, GW-501516 improves the lipid values (HDL/LDL values, which will be more important, wenn you are getting older). Ephedrine has absolutely no anabolic effects, it doesn't improve any anabolic process.

GW-501516 gives you a clean source of energy, the power is not the same like from stimulants. I've used GW from RS (the old charge, which worked very well). But now I don't know how good the new charge is, because all of their products (except MK-677), have a new dosage.
Since then, the new products werde underdosed as shxt (the LGD-4033, had no effects, sadly).

Since I used this substance once, I won't miss it in my future cycles.

I could imagine, that GW and a ECY-Stack with a nice calories deficit will be probably the best cutting stack (performance/side effect ratio). And you won't use any AAS or SARM as muscle protector.
Clen is not catabolic but T3 is like you mentioned.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Clen is not catabolic but T3 is like you mentioned.
Low doses etc as wl as higher doses increase protein turnover/synthesis

Bump up those aminos

12.5-25mcg eod may serve well on a bulk and shouldn't be to catabolic if at all to muscle tissue with appropriate deficit (not 500 cals like everyone says) and high amino content

xhrr

Awards
Low doses etc as wl as higher doses increase protein turnover/synthesis

Bump up those aminos

12.5-25mcg eod may serve well on a bulk and shouldn't be to catabolic if at all to muscle tissue with appropriate deficit (not 500 cals like everyone says) and high amino content
I debated playing around with the exact dosages you mentioned. 12.5 ED

Would you split that up into 2 dosages or just take all 12.5 upon waking? I know the half life is ~1 day IIRC so I'm guessing all at once.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I debated playing around with the exact dosages you mentioned. 12.5 ED Would you split that up into 2 dosages or just take all 12.5 upon waking? I know the half life is ~1 day IIRC so I'm guessing all at once.
Just one time in the morning

I'd only do 3-4x a week 5 max

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just one time in the morning

I'd only do 3-4x a week 5 max
Are you talking about T3?
don't you think taking 3-4 times a week at a low dose will also shut down natural T3 secretion?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Are you talking about T3? don't you think taking 3-4 times a week at a low dose will also shut down natural T3 secretion?
Consensus on other boards (mostly anabolic users) is that natural T3 rebounds very quickly and that tapering down isn't even necessary

Followed a few logs including bloodwork and PCT went smoothly even going from high doses ED to nothing

MuscleJ

Awards
They would need to know there t3 range was before using. And what was there health state, young, healthy, what kind of diet is being used. T3 can be spiked after eating and depleted quickly too. I think there's to many factors that can play a role for quality advice without knowing or having labs in front of us and medical hx.

Consensus on other boards (mostly anabolic users) is that natural T3 rebounds very quickly and that tapering down isn't even necessary

Followed a few logs including bloodwork and PCT went smoothly even going from high doses ED to nothing

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why isn't ephedrine sparing by nature then if they're both B2 agonists? Some other pathway?
Ephedrine may have muscle sparing properties, but they are so small it's not really worth mentioning. Clen however is much much stronger, so the muscle sparing properties are noticeably expressed.

SquatsAndOats

Awards
Ephedrine may have muscle sparing properties, but they are so small it's not really worth mentioning. Clen however is much much stronger, so the muscle sparing properties are noticeably expressed.
Gotcha thanks bro

FitnessLuke

Awards
Okay thanks for clearing all that up. Also sounds like most are saying ephedrine over cardarine, so good to know.

Last question does cardarine increase vascularity?

xhrr

Awards
Okay thanks for clearing all that up. Also sounds like most are saying ephedrine over cardarine, so good to know.

Last question does cardarine increase vascularity?
I guess it would if it is helping you lose weight you will become more vascular.