estrogen rebound, what is it and how do you avoid it.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
the thread title looks like something you would see on a pamphlet in an STD clinic, but seriously....

i have read in multiple theards that there can be an estrogen rebound when finishing up PCT. i'm a PH newb and just finished my first PCT. (i actually cut it short because it was overkill for a basic 1-ad cycle anyway)

it went like this:

day 1-7 40mg nolva
day 7-10 20mg nolva

anyway, i really don't want to have an "estrogen rebound" and get all bloated, fat and emotional now that i'm done with PCT.
is this a valid concern, or am i just worrying myself for no reason, and if it is an issue, how do i avoid it?

thanks.

fairplay101

Awards
Estrogen rebound is generally what happens after the AAS or PH cycle, as you have no test in your body. It is PCT that counters this. PCT helps in 2 ways....Blocks estrogen and the sides they cause whilst helping your body to produce test, also gives time for your body to start producing and using your own testosterone again. As long as your PCT was long and substantial enough you should be fine. Supps like Trib can also help to boost your own test meanwhile.

blank!

Banned
Awards
Estrogen rebound is generally what happens after the AAS or PH cycle, as you have no test in your body. It is PCT that counters this. PCT helps in 2 ways....Blocks estrogen and the sides they cause whilst helping your body to produce test, also gives time for your body to start producing and using your own testosterone again. As long as your PCT was long and substantial enough you should be fine. Supps like Trib can also help to boost your own test meanwhile.
this is true for most users, but there have been cases where mismanagement of PCT components has resulted in estrgen rebound, and not just for people who mistakenly use AI's for PCT.

omar if you follow proper dosing protocol you shouldnt have any problems. those rebound cases were folks who used higher doses and "oscillated" - that is, bumped the dosage way up and then way down, over and over. some do this because they think they have gyno symptoms and take 80mg, and then drop the dose down to 20mg as soon as symptoms subside. i've seen a few threads like that, and that's probably what you're referring to.

the majority of users who taper correctly dont have any problems.

fairplay101

Awards
Conclusion: Omar, you should be fine with the PCT you used on a basic 1-AD cycle. You tapered the PCT and used Nolva. The only thing is we don't know how much ED you took the 1-AD and for how long. I would be tempted to run PCT longer than 10 days.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
Conclusion: Omar, you should be fine with the PCT you used on a basic 1-AD cycle. You tapered the PCT and used Nolva. The only thing is we don't know how much ED you took the 1-AD and for how long. I would be tempted to run PCT longer than 10 days.
I'd agree. Even a mild cycle of something like 1AD can shut you down. Plus you can't go by feel with any of this. Your testosterone production can be very, very low without showing signs such as low sex drive, water retention, lethargy, etc. I'd say for any cycle longer than two weeks three weeks is a minimum for PCT. Depending on the length of the cycle, what was used and at what dose, it will usually be longer such as four or five weeks for some. For any standard month long oral cycle I'd go for a minimum of 3 weeks tapered dose, be it a prohormone of any type or methylated steroid.

OmarJackson

Awards
  • Established
thanks a lot for the advice guys.

my cycle was 1-ad for 3.5 weeks starting at 300mg and building up to 500mg. i guess then i'll continue PCT so i get at least 2 weeks.

day 1-7: 40mg nolva
day 8-10: 20mg nolva
day 11-14: 10mg nolva

my only other concern is that, i have heard that estrogen actually improves sex drive, so could too much estrogen suppression through SERMs be hurting my libido?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't see why you need to taper pct products, if you don't start too high. Your will still have some slight rebound, but I don't think tapering is needed. Its the same thing with "gear". You are not gonna be any less supressed if you taper your dosage. I mean if you are taking 40 mg a week and then lower it to 20mg its not gonna make much of a difference when you come off of it. I can see the reason for tapering to save money or just so your not taking such a high dosage for a longer time...It doesn't make much sense to me taking anti-estrogens post cycle anyway. Testosterone is suppresed so estrogen will be suppressed also. I mean I follow all proper PCT after a cycle and everything but I don't necessarily understand the finer points!. I have read much from
William Llewellyn. Maybe he is trying to confuse me?. Look at these two links for me and tell me what you guys think.
http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php?issueID=6&pageID=72

http://www.avantlabs.com/magmain.php?issueID=7&pageID=77

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Also I see many people saying to use something like this, weeks 1-2 40 mg, weeks 3-4 20 mg. Then though I see a quote in a book saying this "A typical daily dosage for men is in the range of 10-30mg, the chosen amount obviosly dependent on the level of effect desired It is advisable to begin with a low dosage and work up, so as to avoid taking an unnescessary amount"

I know William Llewllyn is on this board. I hope he looks at this thread. I can't pm him, so maybe one of the mods can have him take a look at this thread so I can get some answers on this. Its just that in all the articles I have read from him he mentions nothing of tapering nolva...So I don't see why you can't just take 10-20 mg a day for your entire pct.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
this is true for most users, but there have been cases where mismanagement of PCT components has resulted in estrgen rebound, and not just for people who mistakenly use AI's for PCT.

omar if you follow proper dosing protocol you shouldnt have any problems. those rebound cases were folks who used higher doses and "oscillated" - that is, bumped the dosage way up and then way down, over and over. some do this because they think they have gyno symptoms and take 80mg, and then drop the dose down to 20mg as soon as symptoms subside. i've seen a few threads like that, and that's probably what you're referring to.

the majority of users who taper correctly dont have any problems.
I remembered Bobo (and someone else at CEM?) mentioning AI have a greater propensity for causing estrogen rebound compared to SERMS. Possibly because AI can be overused ED instead of EOD or even less.