Why do some people still use Clomid?

John6

Awards
It seems like everyone who uses it believes it increases serum FSH/LH levels. Even if it does though (and I say "even if" because I've seen one study that says it doesn't), doesn't Nolvadex, at a lower dose, do the same thing and help prevent gyno as well?

The only reasons I can see are:

1. It's cheaper.
  2. It's thought to be better. I've never seen a study that compared the two, but I've often heard people say that Clomid, and not Nolvadex, is prescribed by doctors for men with low test levels. Also, I've heard people say that the reason people break out so bad on Clomid, and not on Nolvadex, is because it works so much better.
  3. It's thought to be safer. Clomid is usually said to have extreme sides, but I've read that Nolvadex can as well. So if someone got harsh sides from Nolvadex, but none from Clomid, then of course he would choose to continue using it.
I know I'm far from knowledgeable, so feel free to tell me what part I'm not considering or what part I'm totally wrong about. :)

Lean One

Awards
  • Established
I've used Clomid for years and actually prefer it over Nolva. I save Nolva for Gyno symptom control. I have used Nolva for PCT in the past, and I just diddn't like it as much as clomid. I never broke out so bad during PCT as when I used Nolva. Cost isn't an issue to me either. I've heard arguments from both camps that one is better than the other. They both do the job. For me it just comes down to the fact that I feel better on clomid. I like the increased ejaculate volume too. :thumbsup: (so does the GF)The other reason I think a lot of guys don't like clomid either, is because guys don't like how it makes them so emotional.:sad: Personally, I think that it's because these guys are less able to handle their emotions. I happen to have a strong emotional health, and I think it just enhances that. It comes in handy with the girlfriend. She just loves it when I get all passionate with her.;)

paperbolix

Awards
I use Clomid because Nolvadex makes me tired for some reason and Clomid does not.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
using both clomid and nolva during PCT currently, only bad effect i've had so far is a slight increase in getting pissed off.

Greenguy

Awards
  • Established
using both clomid and nolva during PCT currently, only bad effect i've had so far is a slight increase in getting pissed off.
I'm doing just what your are doing right now, with the same results you describe....

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What are the doses that you are running for clomid and novladex for your PCT.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
week 1: clomid 100mg, nolva 80mg
week 2: clomid 80mg, nolva 60mg
week 3: clomid 60mg, nolva 40mg
week 4: clomid 50mg, nolva 20mg

ironyogi

ironyogi

Awards
So far I'm way pleased with clomid. Had a week or two there where my libido was almost non-existent. Clomid brought it back in about a day. That's good enough for me *thumbs up*

u2pride

Awards
week 1: clomid 100mg, nolva 80mg
week 2: clomid 80mg, nolva 60mg
week 3: clomid 60mg, nolva 40mg
week 4: clomid 50mg, nolva 20mg
For me is better:

Clomid 100/100/50/50
Nolva 20/20/10/10