Military and Anabolics

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
I just saw an e-mail that said the military was giving a grace period of 90 days to flush out any "Andro" products fro their personels system. Now with Bush taking aim at anabolics and all the surrounding hype about steroids and ph's in sports, do you think the military is going to either step up testing of these substances and/or will they be using more detailed tests? Plus if the testing gets more often or more indepth do you think the PH's that are out there will be still usable? I guess what I am asking is the half-lives of various ph's such as 1-Test, 1,4 Andro, MOHN, MOHT, and 4-AD. Are they Deca-like or more like Test Base.

M

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I hardly think the military is going is step up testing. I'm not sure if tests even exist at the moment for some ph and its unlikely that they will spend more money purposefully catching steroid (which was never the case anyway) or ph users.

All ph with the exception of injectables and probably some oddball lipophylllic formulations(sp?) do not have esters so their half lives are very short - days at the very most.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
They don't test for steroids in the military in the first place, unless there is absolute proof or need. When I got out a little over a year ago, Marines on my base were not allowed to take ph/ps, and they no longer sold any at our GNC. Did this stop me, no.

L

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah. Thats what I thought. I know some guys that are in the Corps now and nobody says anything. But with Bush being alk gungho about gear and all the stuff happening in the news I just wanted to check.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
When I first got to my duty station in San Diego I went on a military drug lab tour. I asked them if they test for steroids. They told me not at their facility, just rec. drugs. If they wanted to test for steroids they would have to send it to some lab at UCLA, and spend an insane amount of money to perform the tests, so it's not worth the money to the government to start testing all of these troops, JMO.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
nah, they won't test ya unless you blow up to a 280lbs freak snapping on superiors, getting nose bleeds, having heart attacks, etc. i was doing PH's for years and hitting up AAS at the end, only one question rose the whole time, and i just said i started taking creatine and that was it. as long as you keep a level head, you'll be fine.

J

JavaGuru

Awards
As others have pointed out they only test for rec drugs in the random tests. If you're a squared away soldier I'm sure your CO would see an aggressive jacked up soldier as an asset so probably wouldn't want to go to the trouble of having you tested for juice.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
but at the same time, don't go around boasting about your new gains in the gym. "dude, i gained 20lbs in 2 weeks and an inch on my arms". that brings unwanted attention. i kept my sleeves rolled low the whole time, what they call "gunny rolls", kept me safe.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the testing is expensive. I dont think bush is worried about the military abusing aas its more the baseball players. he has not hit up the nfl yet. there is a lot more aas there.

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
but at the same time, don't go around boasting about your new gains in the gym. "dude, i gained 20lbs in 2 weeks and an inch on my arms". that brings unwanted attention. i kept my sleeves rolled low the whole time, what they call "gunny rolls", kept me safe.
AHH yes, "gunny rolls", I did the same thing, only becasue I couldn't get them to roll up over my biceps unless I cut the bastards.

S

Strateg0s

Awards
  • Established
with Bush being alk gungho about gear
Rumsfeld is not the kind of panzy that's going to waste military resources on BS which could only ensure worse soldiers and lower morale. Some feminist lawyer might have her own 'hardon' to do something about hypermasculinization in the military, but unless I'm very mistaken, that's not going to wash very much with anyone else.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
AHH yes, "gunny rolls", I did the same thing, only becasue I couldn't get them to roll up over my biceps unless I cut the bastards.
yeah, same problem here, once i got past 18's, gunny rolls started, then this past year i broke 20's and had to bring out the scissors. :hammer:

B

builtolast

Awards
So, in this case I could do a cutter before basic w/o worry?

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Exactly, the main thing is play it safe, play it smart, and slide under the radar...

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I was in the corps for 7 years and spent the last four as my units urine test cordinator. A regular test (pot, coke, ect.) cost the corps around 54cents per unit(bottle). For a person to be tested for steriod like substance it would cost around 157$ per unit. Also, for this to happen it would have to be requested by a general, not a captian, major and colonel. Is that ever gonna happen? Most likely not. My buddy would do squats at the main gym on base (French Creek, for those who served at camp lejeune) with crazy amounts of weight, weighed around 195 and no taller then 5'2". Very obvious but no one cared cause he could do his 20 pullups, 100 sit ups and run around a 21 minute 3 mile. We were in artillery so the strength was great to have on your gun line. Also, the recon guys would do nothing but get bigger every freakin day, also very obvious. Anyways, back to the point, no they will not test simply cause they cant afford it. How many times while you were in did someone tell you this or that just to scare the **** out of the boots that have no idea what is really going on!

Magickk

Magickk

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was in the corps for 7 years and spent the last four as my units urine test cordinator. A regular test (pot, coke, ect.) cost the corps around 54cents per unit(bottle). For a person to be tested for steriod like substance it would cost around 157$ per unit. Also, for this to happen it would have to be requested by a general, not a captian, major and colonel. Is that ever gonna happen? Most likely not. My buddy would do squats at the main gym on base (French Creek, for those who served at camp lejeune) with crazy amounts of weight, weighed around 195 and no taller then 5'2". Very obvious but no one cared cause he could do his 20 pullups, 100 sit ups and run around a 21 minute 3 mile. We were in artillery so the strength was great to have on your gun line. Also, the recon guys would do nothing but get bigger every freakin day, also very obvious. Anyways, back to the point, no they will not test simply cause they cant afford it. How many times while you were in did someone tell you this or that just to scare the **** out of the boots that have no idea what is really going on!
Yep, true that... I also found out that the urine samples get sent to like one of 3 or 4 labs. At at a few of those labs, they test for only ONE recreational drug. Like, they'll test for weed one run and that's it, or it might be coke, or it might be ecstacy, etc. And at the other ones they run the gas on it, and any rec drug will show up. So it's a dice game really. But like you said, it does it's job, and it's as effective as anyone would want it to be. My bet is 80% of people who are in the military have done or were on drugs before joining, and how many now that they're in are on them? a SHITLOAD less. random drug testing scares the **** out of people, and it does it's job quite effectively, you never know when it's going to be you, so why chance it? is the attitude 95% of people have