Cutting and 1-test/4-AD

dodgeee-O

Awards
Instead of posting this on BB.com and getting told to do a 3 hr long search I figured i ask here. I've never really done a cutting cycle before but i've packed on some extra fat from my last 3 month bulking and i want to cut up for my newyears ski trip. What are peoples thoughts on maybe a Usnic Acid/ECA and 1-test/4Ad stack? Maybe do a 10gr 1-test and 5gr-4ad with xenadrine every 6 hrs and UA for the first (or second) two weeks. I just finished a 4 week 1-Test/4-AD cycle and gained 12 pounds so i wanna give it another shot in a month. Also, i'm kinda confused on the whole calories thing (how many to consume, how many carbs, how much fat, and what type of training to do, whether i should go high rep or low rep.) so if anyone can point me to a good thread or explain here, it would be great.
My stats are:
5'9 1/2''
185 pounds
20 years old

curt2go

Homebrew Help, Inc.
Awards
  • Established
I like the 1-test 4-ad idea. The eca is a given . I still don't know about UA but i am getting there... I am going to do a 1-test 4-ad eca cut before I go to cuba. I will let you know how it goes.. Talk to ya

dodgeee-O

Awards
When are you hittin up cuba? My buddy just got back and said it was awesome. Let me know how your cycle goes!

BrKonman

Awards
I'm no expert, and this is JMO from personal experience and doing those 3 hours long searches on BB.com :)

UA I haven't tried, but seems unnecessary if you're doing a good dosing for ECA.

1-t/4ad in a 2:1 is a fantastic idea for muscle preservation. Definitely got the right idea there. Run the eca all the way through your 4 weeks. I don't see a need for UA(especially if you follow a training like one I'm about to name)

Calories thing. Gotta go with what works for you. I find that low carb cyclic-keto diets (20g or less of carbs per day) leave my brain running like a sloth in the middle of the week. If you have important activities or mentally demanding work, I'd avoid 'em. Best thing to do is run over to YJ's bulking info thread, calculate your *maintenance* calories, reduce by 500. (or take the easy route and just multiply BW by 10 - 12) Calculate your protein intake per day, and subtract it from your total. Balance about 30% of the rest of the calories to fat, and the remainder for carbs. Tends to work for me. Also, keep reducing calories after a week or two, and see if it provides better loss of fat without muscle loss. You really gotta tweak and find what works for you.

Training. Now this is a real personal preference kinda thing, but I'd suggest the standard 45min intensive cardio, first thing in the morning (before eating anything.) Make it HIIT or just some good high-heartrate intense cardio. Weight-lifting wise, I haven't done a cutting cycle with PH, though I intend to try one in a few months tops. When *not* "on" I *love* Metabolic Conditioning, 3x3 workouts. They prove fantastic for me. (LG can back me up on these workouts, since we were just discussing it in another thread) My personal plan while "on" is to try an increased volume Metabolic Conditioning. A good 6x6 or more if possible, since a 3x3 tends to keep my heartrate in the 170's *after* I'm done working out.

If you're unfamiliar with Metabolic Conditioning workouts, just say so and I'll post the basics. All that info is just my .02 on cutting though, and it comes down to the individual. :)

Instead of posting this on BB.com and getting told to do a 3 hr long search I figured i ask here. I've never really done a cutting cycle before but i've packed on some extra fat from my last 3 month bulking and i want to cut up for my newyears ski trip. What are peoples thoughts on maybe a Usnic Acid/ECA and 1-test/4Ad stack? Maybe do a 10gr 1-test and 5gr-4ad with xenadrine every 6 hrs and UA for the first (or second) two weeks. I just finished a 4 week 1-Test/4-AD cycle and gained 12 pounds so i wanna give it another shot in a month. Also, i'm kinda confused on the whole calories thing (how many to consume, how many carbs, how much fat, and what type of training to do, whether i should go high rep or low rep.) so if anyone can point me to a good thread or explain here, it would be great.
My stats are:
5'9 1/2''
185 pounds
20 years old

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
As posted by wardog, 1 test + UA=coma. There is lethargy associated with the UA(although, I, personally did not feel it)

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Re: Re: Cutting and 1-test/4-AD

When *not* "on" I *love* Metabolic Conditioning, 3x3 workouts. They prove fantastic for me. (LG can back me up on these workouts, since we were just discussing it in another thread) My personal plan while "on" is to try an increased volume Metabolic Conditioning. A good 6x6 or more if possible, since a 3x3 tends to keep my heartrate in the 170's *after* I'm done working out.

If you're unfamiliar with Metabolic Conditioning workouts, just say so and I'll post the basics. All that info is just my .02 on cutting though, and it comes down to the individual. :)

dodgeee-o

Yeah, 3x3 "metabolic training" is cool:

Click here to see the thread

If' u r on ECA while doing the 3x3 stuff for cutting, you will see some definite results.:cool:

deaconbill

Awards
Brkonman, so what gives with the metabolic conditioning?  Shed some light?

Lifeguard

Lifeguard

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by deaconbill
Brkonman, so what gives with the metabolic conditioning?  Shed some light?

Metabolic training is basically this...

3 sets x 3 reps each exercise, superheavy weights, and about 30 secs rest between sets, and 2-3 exercises per bodypart...the whole point is to keep your heart rate high up.  And if u r on ECA/NYC while doing this....it will burn fat....

also do 2 warm up sets of 12-15 reps for each bodypart before you start the first heavy set (duh)....

then cardio is HIIT (high intensitiy interval training)...Go hard for 20 secs, rest for 30, hard 20, rest 30...etc make sure you do the "hard" part 6-7 times....this approach to cardio may not burn more fat while in the gym...but it burns more fat throughout the day.

hope this "sheds some light"

LG. :cool:

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
as for HIIT, i love it man. im a dude that dont want to run at constant speed for 20+ minutes cuz i dont want to lose weight but do just enough cardio(hard) to avoid any fat buildup, mainly around my abs (im a buck 63 @ 5'9) Of course, various programs do it for different people and their goals and HIIT is the way to go for me. (plus, i hate long distance running)

BrKonman

Awards
Originally posted by Lifeguard

Metabolic training is basically this...

3 sets x 3 reps each exercise, superheavy weights, and about 30 secs rest between sets, and 2-3 exercises per bodypart...the whole point is to keep your heart rate high up.  And if u r on ECA/NYC while doing this....it will burn fat.... 

Right... but a standard Metabolic Conditioning Routine, is a little different. It's also been recently updated to be useful in increasing muscle mass, by following progressive overload. Basically, it is 3 sets of exercises, but the reps and weights are different. Begin by going to failure with a weight at 10 reps, then immediately go to the second exercise and do 10 reps to failure, then the third exercise. Take a 30 - 60 second rest, and start again. Do it all through, 30 - 60 seconds rest, and do it a third time, You'll be panting like a horse!

On the very next workout(usually EOD to take advantage of muscular hypertrophy theories) increase weight for every single one of those exercises. Go to failure at whatever your highest reps are, and repeat like the prior day. *EVERY* single workout, increase weight, and go to failure. Go every third day if the stress is becoming too much, but try to keep the workouts frequent.

The standard sample routine for this is:

Day 1: Chins @ BW, Dips @ BW, Squats of 15 - 20 at failure

Day 2: Chins @ BW + 5lbs, Dips @ BW +5 lbs, Squats at + 5 - 10 pounds from prior.

Day 3: Chins @ BW + 10... or if that's too much of a drain, go for BW + 7.5, just make sure you're increasing by *some* amount.

Repeat like this for as long as necessary. Obviously you'll reach a point where so much weight has been added that 2 or 3 reps is pure hell and failure. That's when you should switch up the routine(possibly continue Metabolic Conditioning with other exercises, if your not at your goals yet.)

If using PH's, I'd suggest the above workout at 6 triple-sets, rather than 3. Now that's rough. I'm planning on using this on my third cycle, currently on #1 of my 2 on 2 off, 2 on 2 off, 2 on lots off. During the two weeks on, do 6 sets. Two weeks off, do 3 sets, but still increase that weight. I would not be at all surprised if this caused a fairly good body recomposition.

dodgeee-O

Awards
Thanks for all your replies!
My maintenance calories are 2615, so if i drop 500 and burn an extra 500 a day (cardio), would this equal the same as dropping 1000 calories and no cardio or does it not work that way? Sorry i'm a little unsure on this kinda thing!

BrKonman

Awards
Originally posted by dodgeee-O
Thanks for all your replies!
My maintenance calories are 2615, so if i drop 500 and burn an extra 500 a day (cardio), would this equal the same as dropping 1000 calories and no cardio or does it not work that way? Sorry i'm a little unsure on this kinda thing!
Essentially the same. The idea is to produce a calorie *deficit.* Simply, an amount of calories below your maintenance, by whatever means necessary. If you're expending more calories then you're taking in, then you're gonna lose weight. If you're overall calories for the day is below maintenance, whether it's 500 calories less consumed, and 500 more burned = 1000 calorie deficit, or just not feeding 1000 calories, you're still achieving your deficit. However, don't discount cardio entirely, since it still plays some useful roles... even if we do hate it most of the time. ;)

Frost

Awards
Do you still gain muscle from the T1 cycle while cutting? OR does it just get you ripped? umm obvious question , i know.:rolleyes:

dodgeee-O

Awards

Essentially the same. The idea is to produce a calorie *deficit.* Simply, an amount of calories below your maintenance, by whatever means necessary. If you're expending more calories then you're taking in, then you're gonna lose weight. If you're overall calories for the day is below maintenance, whether it's 500 calories less consumed, and 500 more burned = 1000 calorie deficit, or just not feeding 1000 calories, you're still achieving your deficit. However, don't discount cardio entirely, since it still plays some useful roles... even if we do hate it most of the time. ;)
Thanks a lot, answered exaclty what I needed to know!