Tired of Plateau - First PH Cycle

Archoplites

Awards
After reading numerous posts in the last three weeks about PHs and I decided to go ahead and try my first PH cycle.

My stats:

Age – 35

Height – 5’ 10�

Weight – 184

BF – 20.0%

Diet – appox. 3500 calories/d (60% carbs, 23% protein, and 17% fats)

Bench – 225x8

Squat – 295x8

I have been working out for over 15 years (off and on). Within the past 3 years I have focused more on diet. One plan increased my calories to 3000-4000 with at least 1.0-1.5g/lb protein. My workout consisted of 3 days on and 1 day off. I had decent gains (12lb of muscle) within 2 years, but have not gained within the past year. To combat this I have mixed up the workout routine, increased calorie intake (up to 4000), and taken extended rest periods (2-3 weeks) throughout the year, but with no strength or muscle gains.

My goal is to gain mass first (200 lbs?) and then a cutting phase (down to 10%BF).

My first cycle started today (11/29) and consists of Legal Gear Power LGP 1-T (1-Test and 4AD). My dose is 200mg/d of 1-Test and 400mg/d of 4AD (supplemented with 4AD to reach 400mg). All are transdermals. My cycle is planned for 6 weeks. Calorie intake is 3500/d and supplemented with creatine (5g/d).

PCT consists of 4 weeks of 6oxo (600/400/400/300mg/d). I will have tamoxifen citrate on hand if needed.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything.

Questions

When should this stuff kick in?

Is this a good combination to help reach my goal (I know it’s a little late)?

What other PH’s should I consider to reach my goal (any advice would help)?

AP

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a good transdermal cycle, probably a little expensive for my tastes, but good nonetheless. Also, you might want to consider a different ratio with less carbs and more protein. JMO.

And nolva would be preferred over 6oxo, taken together I've heard good things.

enimity

Awards
Dosent look expensive to me looks like around $50 for the cycle not including pct. I am currently using lgp hydroxytest at 8ml a day so
100mg 1 test
100mg hydroxytest
200mg 4ad

This is day 13 and I would say it is only starting to kick in now, Just got back from the best damn chest workout ever. Pr's on all lifts so something is working up untill then nothing spectacular so give it time.

Also the carrier lgp use dries out your skin so rotate application sites and get some moisturizer.

Longdog

Awards
  • Established
The cycle looks good, but your diet ratios are way outta whack for bodybuilding purposes. You should increase protein intake to 2g per lb of bodyweight, especially on-cycle. Lower your carbs to accomodate. Your diet is probably the reason you've plateaued, it's awful hard to build muscle or lose fat with 60% carbs & only 23% protein.

TheManGuy

Awards
  • Established
I agree 100% on the diet. These are the ratio's I'd suggest for the cycle

350g protein 1400cals
400g carbs 1600 cals
120g fat 1080 cals
(including, flax oil, olive oil and lots of fatty fish like salmon)

total cals 4080

This should be far more effective than your current diet. Just ask if you need some more help or details.

I'd suggest getting a qualified bodybuilding dititian to monitor your diet though.

Archoplites

Awards
I agree 100% on the diet. These are the ratio's I'd suggest for the cycle

350g protein 1400cals
400g carbs 1600 cals
120g fat 1080 cals
(including, flax oil, olive oil and lots of fatty fish like salmon)

total cals 4080

This should be far more effective than your current diet. Just ask if you need some more help or details.

I'd suggest getting a qualified bodybuilding dititian to monitor your diet though.
Looks like the consensus is good on the PH cycle but change the diet. I currently have been following (more or less) the book "Power Eating" by Susan M. Kleiner. She recommends eating a high calorie diet (4000+) with at least 65% carbs for bulking up. Later during your cutting phase, she recommends decreasing carbs and increasing protein (2700 calories). I have reduced my overall calorie intake (to 3500) because of BF gains were to high.

I have no problem increasing my protein intake as recommended by previous posts (and probably will). Does anyone have experience with the Power Eating diet?

AP