Guys on TRT what is it like? How do you feel?

lift_heavy21

Awards
I mean do you feel normal? can you get solid erections and do you feel just like you did when not on TRT or do you feel better?

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
If you work with your doctor you should be able to get the correct TRT dose that will make you feel good. Maybe not the same as when you were 21, but a significant improvement.

However, once you start adding other hormones to your TRT all bets are off. You could develop all of the same symptoms as someone not on TRT (low libido, ed, etc.)

lift_heavy21

Awards
If you work with your doctor you should be able to get the correct TRT dose that will make you feel good. Maybe not the same as when you were 21, but a significant improvement.

However, once you start adding other hormones to your TRT all bets are off. You could develop all of the same symptoms as someone not on TRT (low libido, ed, etc.)
was just wondering because of young ppl who have used roids then end up on trt, do they feel the same or better i wonder?

HoLLo

HoLLo

Awards
Got a buddy who took a very minor dose of DBOL at like age 18 (definitely nothing enough to adversely affect his body in any way), and after he got out of the Navy, went to the Doc for some anxiety issues, and found a really low Test number, and is on 100mg/week Test Cyp. He says 100mg alone gives him wood all the time and is droppin panties like no other. So, even 100mg can be certainly effective. He feels overall better, and claims his anxiety problems have gone mostly away.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
Natural testosterone production is only around 5-7mg per day. So 100mg of esterified testosterone should be a sufficient TRT dose for most people.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
Is 31 too you g to consider trt? I feel i have alot of the symtoms ie: midsection fat, no energy, horrible sleep, depression

Warwarrior

Awards
Is 31 too you g to consider trt? I feel i have alot of the symtoms ie: midsection fat, no energy, horrible sleep, depression
Too young? Why would u wanna torture yourself? If u r having symptons and the lab test clarifies the low test I think u should be on trt no matter what age. IT'S NOT AGE RELATED.

zeroshens

Awards
i would begin by going to privatemdlabs.com to order a blood work test. it is only $50 and will answer a lot of your questions on whether you have low test or not.

if things come back out of wack, you could consider trt, but remember drugs only treat symptoms and do not cure the problem. the stuff you mentioned can be fixed whether you have low or high test, just gonna take consistent and dedicated lifestyle change.

Warwarrior

Awards
i would begin by going to privatemdlabs.com to order a blood work test. it is only $50 and will answer a lot of your questions on whether you have low test or not.

if things come back out of wack, you could consider trt, but remember drugs only treat symptoms and do not cure the problem. the stuff you mentioned can be fixed whether you have low or high test, just gonna take consistent and dedicated lifestyle change.
How u gonna fix low test by lifestyle change unless u got it from stress or by doing too much sports etc. How do u fix your balls if they arent producing enough test?

AngryOldMan

Awards
How u gonna fix low test by lifestyle change unless u got it from stress or by doing too much sports etc. How do u fix your balls if they arent producing enough test?
Low Vitamin D is VERY common and can reduce test production
Lack of sleep reduces test production - Sleep apnea reduces the quality of sleep, so 8 hours may not be enough if you have it.
Doing squats instead of curls may help improve test production.

There are others but this should get you started.

Warwarrior

Awards
Low Vitamin D is VERY common and can reduce test production
Lack of sleep reduces test production - Sleep apnea reduces the quality of sleep, so 8 hours may not be enough if you have it.
Doing squats instead of curls may help improve test production.

There are others but this should get you started.
U can eat all the vitamins u can get your hands on and sleep 24/7 but if your balls arent capable of producing enough test thats it, ONLY solution is trt.

jerrysiii

jerrysiii

Awards
  • Established
OP, just get some bloodwork. Either through the site zeroshens recommended or through a local endocrinologist. If you have insurance you may want to see the doc. That we he can help you decide the best course of action. GL.

zeroshens

Awards
You don't. But before you make the decision to pin test for the rest of your life my advice is to get that bloodwork. Chances are high his test levels are fine, and the tests will verify.

Warwarrior

Awards
You don't. But before you make the decision to pin test for the rest of your life my advice is to get that bloodwork. Chances are high his test levels are fine, and the tests will verify.
Of course u should get the bloodwork done and react after that. Never heard someone who started trt ( by doc ) without bloodwork tests. Is that even possible? Sounds wack...

AngryOldMan

Awards
U can eat all the vitamins u can get your hands on and sleep 24/7 but if your balls arent capable of producing enough test thats it, ONLY solution is trt.
I agree. For some people TRT is the only solution. But, I'm sure that a large percentage of the people with low test can bring it up enough with other methods. TRT for life is a big commitment. Even if you have insurance now, in 10-20 years, who knows what your situation will be.

My recommendation is blood work first. Try lifestyle changes to see if that helps, and THEN TRT if you still have low T.

RockyP

Awards
I mean do you feel normal? can you get solid erections and do you feel just like you did when not on TRT or do you feel better?
Hi All new here,

I am 50yo and started TRT in the second half of 2015.
It all started with a pain in the left nipple. and not feeling well.
They tested the prolactin and it was way high, did an MRI to the pituitary and was normal but my levels were TT:296 and the Free 3.8.

I was feeling like crap. I am raising 2 small kids mostly alone and with stress, work, marriage issues and the kids I was basically a walking zombie.
I have always been in shape but this time I could not even get myself to the gym, my cholesterol went up etc.

Did not want to get on it. I knew this would have been for life but it has made a HUGE difference.
Yes I do get lethargic every now and then especially on the day before the dosage. I am on .50 per week. Yes I know it's nothing for most people but it i s working wonders for me. E2 has always been low so no too much to worry there.
I am concerned about long term use and IF possible I would like to get off but ALL the docs are saying if I do it will revert to what I was experiencing before if not worse and that is a no no as I need to have energy and be active.
Right now I am in the gym every day and feeling pretty good. My levels are within range on the mid to high side.
One issue is too much sexual appetite. a real bummer when you have marital issues.

Thanks

RockyP