Aspirin while on cycle

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
I work in a hospital and get my BP checked by a nurse there often. Last night it was pretty high. 170/89. But I had it checked today at the gym by one of the trainers and it was 130/89. I have been under a lot of stress with a divorce coming up and the soon to be ex was at the hospital last night with one of her troops when I got to work, so that didn't help much. I am currectly taking 20mg M1t ED and 750 mg of 4AD ED (tab form). I am doing a 4 week cycle and I am at the end of the 3rd week. Put on 16lbs so far. Diet and training are in perfect check. Would any of you recommend taking baby aspirin while I finish my cycle to help with the BP? How much would you recommend if you think I should? Thanks for all the help!

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
aspirin will not help your BP at all. I would use celery seed extract and hawthorn berry. Or, since you work at a hospital...get some BP meds :trout:

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
aspirin will not help your BP at all. I would use celery seed extract and hawthorn berry. Or, since you work at a hospital...get some BP meds :trout:
Haha that might be tough to get some BP meds. The nurse who takes my BP yells at me every night for taking PH/PS. Who knows maybe I will ask her to prescribe me some and run down to pharmacy and get some for free! NEED ANYTHING!?!?!?! Yeah I will also have to get some hawthorne berry and try it out. Thanks man.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Asprin is still a good idea if your using emboligenic **** like nolva, or any progestin or non-aromatizable, like Dec.

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Clotting factors get all messed up on non-aromatizable androgens and lipid values go to hell on progestins, so cardiovasular issues like atherosclerosis and thrombophlebitis can occur. I've seen it happen with Dec particularly. I take 1/2 asprin/day on cycle to make my platelets cooperate. Except when using Halo and Dbol. They seem to be exceptions. And always with Nolva or Clomid, usually a whole asprin then. Asprin improves immediate recovery from w/o but a day or two later can delay it. I don't can. I refuse to use a thinner or a statin, so asprin is the rule.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
Dr. D, why is that?

Yeah...does Nolva cause blood clots or plaque build up? I could see that M1T causes plaque due to the rise in cholesterol and maybe aspirin would be good to use post cycle. Everyone here over 40 should be taking aspirin anyway as part of their daily routine. Although I forget most of the time....DOH!!

....oh...I see you responded while I was typing :trout:

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I do cardio once a week for 30-45 min. Bulking right now, so I don't want to do it too much. I have a high metabolism as it is.

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
unless there is a VERY good reason for it, I would avoid ALL such anelgesics (tylenol, advil, asprin, etc.) while using methylated substances. I guess if it's in a very small dose for BP, it might be fine, but just like with booze, the potential hepatoxicity/liver strain is a concern. If it's a BP issue, I'd agree on the Hawthorne berry. Or clonodine if you can befriend that nurse

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Clonidine rocks! It's on line cheap too if you don't have 'friends' But remember that only tylenol hurts your liver. Motrin is tough on the kidneys, and asprin can promote ulcer. Just rules of thumb, but mostly tylenol on the liver probs.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
Dr. D, bringing this thread back to life real quick....
How much [Aspirin] would you reccommend for me, 22 years old...?

Just want to keep the platelets in the normal functioning mode...

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
CEDeoudes59, I just take 1/day unless I start bleeding too frequenty, then stop and restart again in a week or two with 1/2. I take T4, so I really probably only need a half or quarter long term. I'd say you could take 1/2 normally, but maybe 1 whole asprin if you have no adverse effect, or are cycling progestins. Depending on your own personal clotting factors and platelet properties, you may need up to 2/day. But your likely too young to need that much. If you go get all that tested, your doc can usually suggest a precise dose, but if you just do some experimenting, you get a 'feel' for it pretty fast if you know your body.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
thank you Dr.D.
I'm guesing all the aspirin dosages (/per pill) run standard. The reason I bring this up is I just saw "Daily Aspirin" for sale by Bayer. It's a new product. I'm sure it's just clever marketing but I was curious how aspiring (in MGs) is standard for the daily dose.
I will look around next time I goto the grocery store.
thank you sir

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
thank you Dr.D.
I'm guesing all the aspirin dosages (/per pill) run standard. The reason I bring this up is I just saw "Daily Aspirin" for sale by Bayer. It's a new product. I'm sure it's just clever marketing but I was curious how aspiring (in MGs) is standard for the daily dose.
I will look around next time I goto the grocery store.
thank you sir
Anytime I can help, you got it my man! You've been there for me too. 1 real asprin is standarized @ 325mg, because a baby asprin is 81 (1/4 dose). 81mg may be the marketing dose for adult "daily asprin". I'm not sure now, but at least that used to be the protocol. This kind of stuff is subject to convension and recommendations change from time to time.

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
Anytime I can help, you got it my man! You've been there for me too. 1 real asprin is standarized @ 325mg, because a baby asprin is 81 (1/4 dose). 81mg may be the marketing dose for adult "daily asprin". I'm not sure now, but at least that used to be the protocol. This kind of stuff is subject to convension and recommendations change from time to time.
Normal adult one is double of the baby. I took half of that everyday across my 1,4+SD cycle and I felt it was enough of a dose for just the purpose of blood thinning. I measured that in nose capillary sensitivity.

okboy63

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Clotting factors get all messed up on non-aromatizable androgens and lipid values go to hell on progestins, so cardiovasular issues like atherosclerosis and thrombophlebitis can occur. I've seen it happen with Dec particularly. I take 1/2 asprin/day on cycle to make my platelets cooperate. Except when using Halo and Dbol. They seem to be exceptions. And always with Nolva or Clomid, usually a whole asprin then. Asprin improves immediate recovery from w/o but a day or two later can delay it. I don't can. I refuse to use a thinner or a statin, so asprin is the rule.
Dr D
Could Vitamin E replace asprin for what you are trying to accomplish ? http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=569

DR.D

DR.D

Awards
  • Established
Dr D
Could Vitamin E replace asprin for what you are trying to accomplish ? http://www.healthy.net/scr/article.asp?ID=569
Vitamin E doesn't thin the blood per se, but prevents platelet aggregation and blood clotting. It has been used as an asprin enhancer at around 1000iu's/day, but on it's own requires about twice that dose to even come close to the effectiveness of asprin. I only take 400iu/day of dl-a-tocopherol acetate, but it probably wouldn't hurt to take more.