thinking about trying a prohormone for the first time. questions and concerns

SVT01

Awards
I'm a newb when it comes to this. i've read and read about them and then when I think i got everything figured out i'll find something new.

I don't know which ones are good brand wise and if its really necessary to run a liver support along with a pct (ive heard yes and no). really wanting to try one to help take myself to the next level cuz i've tried everything......except this. so any advice is greatly appreciated!

DKZ

Awards
Haha get ready to be burnt

SVT01

Awards
uhh yeah like i said i came here asking for advice....

imjuschillin

Awards
Hey man, I feel yer pain.

Far as the brands go, well, that's always under debate which are 'the best'. Overall, sounds like CEL is a good one, and Primordial Performace (tho they recently discontinued their PH's, perhaps just for now though, new ones r comin' soon I take it.) There's some other names you may come across too in ur research too. Just startin though, CEL may not be a bad place to start.

I think generally why you heard yes and no about liver support in PCT is because some will do over the counter (OTC) PCT. These don't really require liver support. The SERMS that most will say are needed for proper PCT can be stressful to your liver, so you should continue it while taking those.

Really though, liver is pretty important, and if you just strained it with a methylated PH, why not run it through PCT? Maybe even just at a maintenance dose?

Keep researching. Make sure your diet is really on point - drink lotsa water, make sure ur training is smart and consistent, and you're gettin some decent sleep, and you should be able to make decent gains with or even without the addition of a PH.

SVT01

Awards
Hey man, I feel yer pain.

Far as the brands go, well, that's always under debate which are 'the best'. Overall, sounds like CEL is a good one, and Primordial Performace (tho they recently discontinued their PH's, perhaps just for now though, new ones r comin' soon I take it.) There's some other names you may come across too in ur research too. Just startin though, CEL may not be a bad place to start.

I think generally why you heard yes and no about liver support in PCT is because some will do over the counter (OTC) PCT. These don't really require liver support. The SERMS that most will say are needed for proper PCT can be stressful to your liver, so you should continue it while taking those.

Really though, liver is pretty important, and if you just strained it with a methylated PH, why not run it through PCT? Maybe even just at a maintenance dose?

Keep researching. Make sure your diet is really on point - drink lotsa water, make sure ur training is smart and consistent, and you're gettin some decent sleep, and you should be able to make decent gains with or even without the addition of a PH.
thanks for the advice dude. thats what i was looking for much appreciated

DKZ

Awards
If you had read and read like you said, you would know a PCT is always required when using steroids, I'm not sure what your reading but whoever told you a PCT isn't required clueless

IronBusta

Awards
If you had read and read like you said, you would know a PCT is always required when using steroids, I'm not sure what your reading but whoever told you a PCT isn't required clueless
X2

Before you choose a PH... You need to know what they do, and how to properly cycle.

Don't **** it up man... It's better to read an be in the know. It'd be a shame to lose your gains cause you didn't cycle properly... Or even worse, screw up a number of possible hormones your playing with which could result in depression, extended shutdown, gyno, etc...

Here, do this... Go to google images and type in gyno, got an idea? Now go read!

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I ran one of the harshest ones...Sdrol as my 1st cycle, and i gained 30lbs in a month. Buy LIV52 for your liver, Clomid for your pct, and prepare for some great gains. You have to keep your calories up...as well as protein. Once u are done ur cycle, keep lifting heavy, and keep eating alot, or you'll lose your gains. Prepare for some joint pain due to the quick strength increase, and possible stretch marks...dependig how much and how quickly u put on weight. It was all worth it for me tho. Good luck.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I ran one of the harshest ones...Sdrol as my 1st cycle, and i gained 30lbs in a month. Buy LIV52 for your liver, Clomid for your pct, and prepare for some great gains. You have to keep your calories up...as well as protein. Once u are done ur cycle, keep lifting heavy, and keep eating alot, or you'll lose your gains. Prepare for some joint pain due to the quick strength increase, and possible stretch marks...dependig how much and how quickly u put on weight. It was all worth it for me tho. Good luck.
I know your not recommending him superdrol as a first cycle.?

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Noo...absolutely not. I was just telling him how my 1st cycle went from experience. By da way...i've had more side effects from a protein weight gainer, than sdrol lol

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First people are going to want to make sure your training and more importantly your diet are in a good place

no offense but you do look tall for your weight, you probably could add a lot of natural weight just buy changing your diet up

however what i just said is not what ppl itching to run a ph want to hear....so if you must run a ph i would recommend Epi as a first run, i think halodrol is less harsh but for a first run i'd recommend a 4 week moderate dosed ph and halodrol won't give you that good of results at a 4 week moderate dose in my experience....epi however run at a moderate dose at 4 weeks should lead to better gains and still isn't very harsh and easy to recover from

the pct question is something that will always be out there...i won't recommend running an otc pct only, a serm should be used or at the very least on hand when doing pct just in case something does happen, but imo why risk an otc pct when a proper serm has been proven time and time again to be effective

DaBeast

DaBeast

Awards
My first ph cycle ever was the LG science trifecta stack. I gained 8-10lbs off it and kept all of it. I did lose a little strength gains. But the most important thing is your diet. I ate healthy and trained hard. I pushed myself even more when I realized it was getting harder to lift the weight after my cycle. So eat healthy and hit them weights on whatever you decide to run. Good luck.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
My first ph cycle ever was the LG science trifecta stack. I gained 8-10lbs off it and kept all of it. I did lose a little strength gains. But the most important thing is your diet. I ate healthy and trained hard. I pushed myself even more when I realized it was getting harder to lift the weight after my cycle. So eat healthy and hit them weights on whatever you decide to run. Good luck.
x2
this was my first ph too... it was alright. good for beginners. there is a Stick in prohormones. I suggest you look at it. and do some good research...

DaBeast

DaBeast

Awards
Yea its a pretty good prohormone 2 use. I always felt great on it. And it was easy for me to keep my gains. And I agree with you. Do plenty of research before you take anything.

MM11

MM11

Awards
  • Established
There is some bad advice in this thread. Also some very good advise.

You said youve tried everything but hormonals. You every track calories and macros? If you can't gain naturally you probably will be
Disapointed with hormonals. I'm only 24 and people recomend to wait at least Till 25. I will wait longer or untill I naturally top out. Please post what your diet looks like and we can go from there.

I would personally stay away from superdrol from how it sounds you have homework to do.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
yeh stat away from sd.. unless your name is 2real

2 Real

Banned
Awards
  • Established
If you're going to put stress on your liver and get shut down..just to gain a few lbs...u might as well go all out and gain 20-30lbs instead. I had absolutely no side effects from sd...only nut shrinkage...but that goes for every steroid/ph.

SVT01

Awards
that trifecta stack looks pretty good....im still gonna do some more research before i decide to try this at all

DaBeast

DaBeast

Awards
Yea the trifecta stack is in my opinion a mild ph. I never felt bad on it or had any sides from it at all. I made decent gains from it but like I said that all depends on your diet and your training.

boricuarage

boricuarage

Banned
Awards
  • Established
2real you should be the last person giving advise....
especially at 21 taking what you taking. if you really taking..