TRT blast and cruise question

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
So I'm on TRT, 100mg/week of Test Cyp. I've been off and on for about 8 years now because I was diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism (I don't produce enough LH). I have tried HCG but I'm just going to stick with TRT.

I'm not trying to do huge doses, just enough to get some extra results. Here's my questions:

1. Would 250mg/week be enough to see some gains over 12-16 weeks?

2. When I do the cycle should I incorporate some form of anti-e? If so, which one and how much? I was thinking Aromasin.

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Get a blood panel done for a baseline. Going up to 250mg per week is still TRT dosage to many of us, so I doubt you'll see the gains someone would see while blasting. I'd go up to 500mgs a week, 250mg twice a week. Unless you see some reason to start an AI, don't bother. With no AI at all, using 600mg test-e and 200mg Equip, my E2 was just 32. If I didn't get bloodwork done I'd probably be taking an AI for no reason. Only blood work will tell for sure what your E2 levels are.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Get a blood panel done for a baseline. Going up to 250mg per week is still TRT dosage to many of us, so I doubt you'll see the gains someone would see while blasting. I'd go up to 500mgs a week, 250mg twice a week. Unless you see some reason to start an AI, don't bother. With no AI at all, using 600mg test-e and 200mg Equip, my E2 was just 32. If I didn't get bloodwork done I'd probably be taking an AI for no reason. Only blood work will tell for sure what your E2 levels are.
well said but id have an ai on hand. im on 200/week and blast at 650. i use ai eod during blast and e3d while cruising. aromasin is my choice ai

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
well said but id have an ai on hand. im on 200/week and blast at 650. i use ai eod during blast and e3d while cruising. aromasin is my choice ai
Good point. Always have what you "may" need ready and on hand before starting a cycle/blasting.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Thanks guys. I don't have Aromasin on hand but do have Nolva (To block the effects) which would tide me over while I would wait on my AI to arrive. I also have some 6 Bromo which I guess I could use in a pinch.

My baseline before going back on to TRT was at ~250 total t. I am about to get my blood drawn next week after a month of injections to see where I'm at.

I have my prescription but then on top of that I know where I can get some extra Test Cyp so I can adjust my dosage accordingly. Since that is the case I will probably taper up my "blast" and go by feel as high as 500mg/week.

One other question. Let's say I run 250mg week and like how I feel and have virtually no estrogenic sides which is what I would expect; could I incorporate a low dose of Proviron to add a little help and increase free test while also slightly lowering E2? Or I guess a better queston is, would that be something you would consider?

DetroitHammer

DetroitHammer

Awards
  • Established
Cool. Thanks guys. I don't have Aromasin on hand but do have Nolva (To block the effects) which would tide me over while I would wait on my AI to arrive. I also have some 6 Bromo which I guess I could use in a pinch.

My baseline before going back on to TRT was at ~250 total t. I am about to get my blood drawn next week after a month of injections to see where I'm at.

I have my prescription but then on top of that I know where I can get some extra Test Cyp so I can adjust my dosage accordingly. Since that is the case I will probably taper up my "blast" and go by feel as high as 500mg/week.

One other question. Let's say I run 250mg week and like how I feel and have virtually no estrogenic sides which is what I would expect; could I incorporate a low dose of Proviron to add a little help and increase free test while also slightly lowering E2? Or I guess a better queston is, would that be something you would consider?
Most people take proviron to help keep their libido in check. The tabs I have are 25mg. That's really nothing, just a little help if you want to combat ED. It does nothing to improve muscle mass or anything else, including acting as an AI. What is your E2 now? Or the last time you took it? Typically (and everyone is different) you don't start seeing E2 problems until you start up around 600 or more. I think you're almost too worried about E2 rising out of control. It's easy to control and don't forget, you need E2. It's complememtary to test. So don't try to elimininate it, just be ready to treat the sides, if any.

I think you're doing the smart thing, going up slowly with one substance, not a drug store full of stuff. This way you'll know your tolerance to test before trying something else in the future. So take proviron if you want, but in reality, it's probably a waste of time and money. Having said that, I take 25mg a day, but I'm going to stop once my supply is exhausted.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
Most people take proviron to help keep their libido in check. The tabs I have are 25mg. That's really nothing, just a little help if you want to combat ED. It does nothing to improve muscle mass or anything else, including acting as an AI. What is your E2 now? Or the last time you took it? Typically (and everyone is different) you don't start seeing E2 problems until you start up around 600 or more. I think you're almost too worried about E2 rising out of control. It's easy to control and don't forget, you need E2. It's complememtary to test. So don't try to elimininate it, just be ready to treat the sides, if any.

I think you're doing the smart thing, going up slowly with one substance, not a drug store full of stuff. This way you'll know your tolerance to test before trying something else in the future. So take proviron if you want, but in reality, it's probably a waste of time and money. Having said that, I take 25mg a day, but I'm going to stop once my supply is exhausted.
Alright, sounds good. I really didn't even know about proviron until recently. I was just under the impression that it decreases SBHG thereby leading to an increase in free test. Also that it is a DHT derivitive and being so lowers estrogen just as pure DHT would. I'm just telling you what I read, not that it's right.

Either way I agree with you that I should just avoid it and stick with the Test Cyp. I'm not too worried about my E2 honestly as I am not prone to high E2 levels. The only thing that has increased my E2 significantly was HCG at a high dose that the doc put me on, but then again HCG is notorious for that. Testosterone itself has not done that to me.

Good advice.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Alright, sounds good. I really didn't even know about proviron until recently. I was just under the impression that it decreases SBHG thereby leading to an increase in free test. Also that it is a DHT derivitive and being so lowers estrogen just as pure DHT would. I'm just telling you what I read, not that it's right.

Either way I agree with you that I should just avoid it and stick with the Test Cyp. I'm not too worried about my E2 honestly as I am not prone to high E2 levels. The only thing that has increased my E2 significantly was HCG at a high dose that the doc put me on, but then again HCG is notorious for that. Testosterone itself has not done that to me.

Good advice.
aromasin also frees up test by lowering sbhg. aromasin is also more lipid friendly than adex which is why i use it. i dont think youll need proviron for libido help on 500mg test. i dont recall how long youve been on trt but in time you will know when your e2 is not right. i have mine nailed down as i alternate during trt eod then e3d then eod and so on... when i blast its eod. always aromasin 12.5mg. just another note. if you are on trt for low test for real and you dose 150mg/week to bring you in normal range then when you blast you add the amount of test you want to blast. ex. your on 150mg so blasting to 250 is only 100mg. a complete waste of time. so id say start at 350 to give you the 250 you are looking for. make sense?

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
aromasin also frees up test by lowering sbhg. aromasin is also more lipid friendly than adex which is why i use it. i dont think youll need proviron for libido help on 500mg test. i dont recall how long youve been on trt but in time you will know when your e2 is not right. i have mine nailed down as i alternate during trt eod then e3d then eod and so on... when i blast its eod. always aromasin 12.5mg. just another note. if you are on trt for low test for real and you dose 150mg/week to bring you in normal range then when you blast you add the amount of test you want to blast. ex. your on 150mg so blasting to 250 is only 100mg. a complete waste of time. so id say start at 350 to give you the 250 you are looking for. make sense?
Yeah that makes sense. Thanks.

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Typically (and everyone is different) you don't start seeing E2 problems until you start up around 600 or more.
really thats dependent on bodyfat levels too, at a higher bodyfat it starts up at a lower dose.

To add as well, for SHBG either using Activate Xtreme or Divanex will make a decent dent and are legal OTC products. Another option is to take 25-50mg of winstrol orally for 3 days in a row every 2 weeks.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
really thats dependent on bodyfat levels too, at a higher bodyfat it starts up at a lower dose.

To add as well, for SHBG either using Activate Xtreme or Divanex will make a decent dent and are legal OTC products. Another option is to take 25-50mg of winstrol orally for 3 days in a row every 2 weeks.
I have some Protein Factory Unleashed that I'm going to try.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sup brother.

Are you sure this is accurate?

I have never heard that before and cannot find any supporting in on it or ANY other A-I binding SHBG.

Thanks

aromasin also frees up test by lowering sbhg. ?

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Sup brother.

I have never heard that before and cannot find any supporting in on it or ANY other A-I binding SHBG.

Thanks
yes its accurate. the info is out there. a trusted buddy of mine swayed me towards aromasin for those reasons and had given me links but that was a while back and i dont have them or remember where they were

ambulldog

ambulldog

Awards
  • Established
Sup brother.

Thanks
i pm'd you one link i could find

jack98

Awards
when people blast/cruise on trt, what are the lengths of their blast vs cruises? just curious.

Mikey851

Awards
  • Established
when people blast/cruise on trt, what are the lengths of their blast vs cruises? just curious.
I would say it varies. I have read of people who blast for a year. I would say the most common however is blasting for anywhere from 10 weeks to 20 weeks (Normal cycle lengths) and then cruising for a few months to let your body get used to the gains; plus if you took any methylated orals you would need to allow time for your lipids to normalize.