Accurate T3 measuring

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
Ok, for all liquid t3 users, we know the best way approach is to use an oral syringe and go from there. I understand that, and using KitchenChemists' faq I follow the idea of determining "drops" per syringe and calculating dosage from that. The problem is, it doesn't work. At least for me, the number of "drops" is never the same. Also, while I have syringes marked every tenth of a ml, it becomes a pain when you want doses like 12.5mg etc. 1/10 of a ml leaves little room for error. So what does everyone else do? Insulin pins, or just guestimate?

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
I use an oral syringe from walmart... or use a normal syringe minus the needle or an insulin pin would work.. I would get the needle off.. ;)

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I used an oral syringe, but finally after coutning drops a shitload of times I came to about 25 drops = 1mL with my droppers. :)

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
ya...ive tried that with two different oral syringes. Might just be me but Ive gotten anywhere from 25 to 37 drops. Usually its around 32. Might go pick up some slin pins, for lower dosing.

ripper2

Awards
i use a tuberculosis pin. just like a slin pin but with a removable needle. i fit it with a 1.5inch 19gauger and count whatever is marked on the pin + ~5iu for whats in the pin. really easy to measure this way. if you use a different gauge or length pin you'd have to measure the pin volume once to know how much is in the pin when you have the syringe set at 10iu

Soop

Awards
Did you make the liquid T3 yourself, or did you buy it already made???