I just read this article on BB would it also apply to Pro Hormones/Pro Steroids?

Patriots

Awards
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I just read this article on BB would it also apply to Pro Hormones/Pro Steroids?

"The best thing that steroids can do is help those who use them to recover from their workout much faster than a natural bodybuilder. When natural bodybuilders need at least 48 hours rest before they train again in order to continue increasing their muscle bodymass, steroid users need just a few hours!

When most of us should not train more than 3-4 times per week, and every time we train we should not spend more than 1 hour in the gym, people that use steroids can easily train 6 times per week, splitting their sessions in morning and afternoon training, as well as they are able to spend easily 2 hours in the gym, getting stronger and bigger, week after week. (That's something that would make any natural bodybuilder get overtrained in no time!)"

Article By: John Stamatopoulos
[/font]

intv

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I remember that article...it's BS - a few hours to recover? Sounds like negative propaganda you'd hear from the media.

[font=verdana, arial, helvetica]I just read this article on BB would it also apply to Pro Hormones/Pro Steroids?

"The best thing that steroids can do is help those who use them to recover from their workout much faster than a natural bodybuilder. When natural bodybuilders need at least 48 hours rest before they train again in order to continue increasing their muscle bodymass, steroid users need just a few hours!

When most of us should not train more than 3-4 times per week, and every time we train we should not spend more than 1 hour in the gym, people that use steroids can easily train 6 times per week, splitting their sessions in morning and afternoon training, as well as they are able to spend easily 2 hours in the gym, getting stronger and bigger, week after week. (That's something that would make any natural bodybuilder get overtrained in no time!)"

Article By: John Stamatopoulos
[/font]

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
There is some improvement in recovery time and increase in muscle synthesis of course. It is nowhere near as much as cited in the article. IMO, diet, training, and rest account for 90-95% of your permanent progress.

-2z-

Awards
  • Established
There is some improvement in recovery time and increase in muscle synthesis of course. It is nowhere near as much as cited in the article. IMO, diet, training, and rest account for 90-95% of your permanent progress.
Exactly....how many people have you known/heard of do an AAS cycle and barely gain, due to poor diet.

dg806

dg806

Enologist/Brewmaster/Damn good guy
Awards
  • Established
Actually I have read some old east german training techniques where they said the muscle fibers were recovered enough after 4-5 hours. They would train each bodypart twice a day. I don't remember what they were taking. I do not recommend this but the east germans were the leaders in powerlifting for many years. So they must have been on to something.

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Actually I have read some old east german training techniques where they said the muscle fibers were recovered enough after 4-5 hours. They would train each bodypart twice a day. I don't remember what they were taking. I do not recommend this but the east germans were the leaders in powerlifting for many years. So they must have been on to something.
I think the E.Germans/Bulgarians/Hungarians whoever were just covering up the fact that they were carrying out secret government sanctioned steroid programs - which they were.