Is anyone here from China?

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
I'll be moving there for a while in a few months and had some questions related to the legal status of AAS that I can't find through Google. Thank you.

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
76 views and nothing? Hmmm...that may be my answer right there.

GearedVader

GearedVader

Awards
you ever seen a jacked china man? There's you answer roundeye.

schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
schwellington

schwellington

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Im almost positive AAS are illicit in china dude-- cmon its china

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
poation of AAS can be followed by strick felony

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
yeah china is very strict

Brainsmasher

Awards
you ever seen a jacked china man? There's you answer roundeye.
Have you ever seen pictures of the Chinese Olympic weightlifting team? Here's a sport that isn't exactly known for producing monstrous physiques, yet, the Chinese team, where the government actually works to hinder WADA in drug testing, unlike Western countries, all look like in-season bodybuilders. You'll see 150lb guys with 6% bodyfat squatting 600lbs.

There are drugs in China. Your best bet might be to seek out athletics where use is the accepted norm, especially at the international level, and make friends.

I know nothing of the legality issue though, only that if you are going to be doing *anything* illegal in China, do not get caught!

Jasen

Jasen

Awards
  • Established
my adivce do not do anything illegal there. we have laws in US to protect us, ..... china dose not have those laws to protect it's civilians

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you ever seen pictures of the Chinese Olympic weightlifting team? Here's a sport that isn't exactly known for producing monstrous physiques, yet, the Chinese team, where the government actually works to hinder WADA in drug testing, unlike Western countries, all look like in-season bodybuilders. You'll see 150lb guys with 6% bodyfat squatting 600lbs.

There are drugs in China. Your best bet might be to seek out athletics where use is the accepted norm, especially at the international level, and make friends.

I know nothing of the legality issue though, only that if you are going to be doing *anything* illegal in China, do not get caught!
Their National Team don't really look like bodybuilders to me. They actually look right on par to what most elite, Olympic weight lifters look like. Fairly lean with great shoulders and I actually think their traps are a bit small for as many upright movements as they perform. That said, I put nothing past their government to give their athletes an edge. They don't look like they use roids, but I'm not saying they're not.

You have to get an invite to be on the National Team, apart from that, who knows what else they are "voluntarily" on.

P.S. I'm also not sure whether the National Team invite is a, "please join the National Team," or "report to the National Team tomorrow or your family goes to prison."

Brainsmasher

Awards
Their National Team don't really look like bodybuilders to me. They actually look right on par to what most elite, Olympic weight lifters look like. Fairly lean with great shoulders and I actually think their traps are a bit small for as many upright movements as they perform. That said, I put nothing past their government to give their athletes an edge. They don't look like they use roids, but I'm not saying they're not.

You have to get an invite to be on the National Team, apart from that, who knows what else they are "voluntarily" on.

P.S. I'm also not sure whether the National Team invite is a, "please join the National Team," or "report to the National Team tomorrow or your family goes to prison."
The Chinese are widely accepted as being on more drugs than anyone else in the sport, and pretty much everyone in Asia or Eastern Europe is using PED's. It is near-impossible to drug test over in China, compared to anywhere else. Since the weight class change and new records started, basically, since they brought in the 'lets actually try and catch them' drug testing, the jacked weightlifter look is largely gone. Check out the lifters from the 80's, as compared to now. The Chinese definitely have the look of the older less tested lifters. Maybe we're looking at different pictures, but I've seen a lot of sub-8% Chinese lifters. They also do more general hypertrophy than other countries do.

Trap development will always be impressive with weightlifters. Mine blew right up when I started, and I already had a big deadlift. But its the erectors that really get obscene in that sport. Some of those lifters' backs look utterly misshapen.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not arguing any of your points and this isn't a rebuttal to your post. I put nothing past their government, especially when international competition (thus, international PR) is concerned. Maybe we just have a different perspective on what a bodybuilder looks like. These are the physiques I'm "currently" seeing. He looks fairly average build in my opinion. Far from anything exceptional. I can confidently say I look far more jacked then he does and I'm as bare @$$ natural as it comes, I'm barely on protein.

They are probably on strength roids, as oppose to hyper-hypertrophy roids as you said. On the same token, I've never seen the 80's lifters, only the relatively current crop.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't comment on the aas question. But overall China is amazing. Have a fun time there.

Just got back from Taiwan. Never been to China. I love Taipei, but the humidity is outrageous and the mosquitos seem to favor American blood. Currency rate is 33NT to 1 US dollar. Show up rich, come home and reminded you're broke.

stxnas

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
^^^Weird...you just described Central Florida :lol:

Gator 87

Awards
  • Established
OK, I hope this doesn't break any rules. I emailed my...guy...in China with this question, and this is what he replied:

"Not sure where you can get steroids in china but its not illegal over here I think ... I have licenses for my business so I can sell without problems but I never wondered about the steroids status here ??

Just find a pharmacy and ask bro, they will tell you"

I find it baffling that he is oblivious to the legal status of AAS in his own country. If he doesn't know, then who the hell does?

TexasRaised

TexasRaised

Awards
My brother lived in China for a few months and actually did a cycle over there. He said it was hard to obtain but there was no legal repricutions on having them. He's military intelligence pretty high ranking so I'm assuming it's right.

Brainsmasher

Awards
I'm not arguing any of your points and this isn't a rebuttal to your post. I put nothing past their government, especially when international competition (thus, international PR) is concerned. Maybe we just have a different perspective on what a bodybuilder looks like. These are the physiques I'm "currently" seeing. He looks fairly average build in my opinion. Far from anything exceptional. I can confidently say I look far more jacked then he does and I'm as bare @$$ natural as it comes, I'm barely on protein.

They are probably on strength roids, as oppose to hyper-hypertrophy roids as you said. On the same token, I've never seen the 80's lifters, only the relatively current crop.

When I think of bodybuilders, I think of probably the bulk of trainers out there. The look you see in the magazines, the best selling magazines anyways, not the ones that really promote AAS. Most actual bodybuilders look more like this than Coleman or Cutler. Obviously you could never get under a quick snatch looking like those guys. There are some pictures out there with these Chinese lifters just standing there posing, and others in action, that look pretty cranked up. I wish I could post up some pictures. I am even surprised to see the size of some of the arms on these guys, as arms play little part in the overall lift.

The 80's lifters were generally more muscular too, and some with some very very low bodyfat percentages. It is interesting to see that look starting to come back though. Despite much better and prevalent drug testing, the sheer level of competition today is bringing the general level of strength and size back up near where it was, very very close in some cases.

I would also assume they are on the strength drugs. The Chinese train so incredibly intense and often that even small 'womens' doses of Anavar or other often overlooked drugs would have a big effect.

chim_chim

Awards
My brother lived in China for a few months and actually did a cycle over there. He said it was hard to obtain but there was no legal repricutions on having them. He's military intelligence pretty high ranking so I'm assuming it's right.
Dude, not cool. I guarantee he doesn't want you posting that on a public forum.

TexasRaised

TexasRaised

Awards
Dude, not cool. I guarantee he doesn't want you posting that on a public forum.
I can understand your concern chim, but no names, ranks, or any kind of personal information was disclosed in the statement, so I don't think it will cause any type of harm.

VolcomX311

VolcomX311

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can understand your concern chim, but no names, ranks, or any kind of personal information was disclosed in the statement, so I don't think it will cause any type of harm.
AGREED