New Drug for DHT Blocking

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Originally posted by DecaDent @ MuscleChem

**Thought Jake would like to read this and a few other guys so I brought it over.....

Dutasteride(brand name Avodart) is now avalible in the US. It is a superior 5 alpha reductase inhibitor to Finasteride(Proscar/Propecia)blocking both the type one and type two enzymes that convert Test to DHT. Type two is primarily active in the prostate while type one is also responsible for testosterone conversion in the skin and liver.
Finasteride is about 70% effective in blocking Test conversion,where Dutasteride is over 90%. Potential sides are essentially identical.
Dutasteride will give better protection against the developement of baldness and prostate problems than anything previously avalible. It comes in a 0.5mg soft gel dosed once daily.
I'm switching from Proscar to Avodart this week and let y'all know how it goes.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
nice work yj
by blocking both enzymes, will this drug be effective in preventing on cycle hairloss?
Im taking propecia now, spiro, and xandrox, and after 25days of 1-ad, im still shedding

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Im actually waiting on the feedback from a couple guys who are guinea pigs of this product. This is seemingly a to good to be true product because like you said both enzymes are being blocked, but it remains to be seen......Im sure someone like Dio would know a bit more than me about this subject....

dez/null

Awards
what about that avacore ****. would that help. its pretty popular now.

my ideas are if it has a raceing car then it has to work.

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I think the problem with Avacore is the price and the 3 step BS. Nizoral (if you can find it) is a good choice too....

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
I have been reading a lot of posts by Nizoralman, who's a mod at FG, and here's a stack he suggests if you're prone to baldness and are going to do a Test heavy cycle:

1. Spironolactone - 2x/day
2. Azelaic Acid 5% + Minoxidil 5% - 2x/day
3. Nizoral 2% Shampoo - EOD
4. Polysorbate 80 Shampoo - EOD
5. Proscar - Only when on a high test cycle (>750mg/week)

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Heres a Nizoral Shampoo Profile

Hair Loss Treatment: Nizoral (ABBA) / Ketoconazole

Drug Type Antiandrogen, Imidazole Antimycotic Antifungal
Availability OTC in 1% formula, Prescription 2% formula (OTC in most other countries)
Notes This is an antifungal shampoo primarily for the treatment of seborrhatic dermatitis. The active ingredient Ketoconazole has some antiandrogenic effects, but it is unknown whether the amount in the shampoo is absorbed. If it helps with hair loss it may work in a way other than as an antiandrogen. It is definitely a good shampoo for making hair look thicker.
Claimed Results None.
Observed Results Some prevention of loss, possible mild regrowth.
Clinical Results Similar to topical Minoxidil/Rogaine.
Testing Well tested (FDA approved).
Safety/Side Effects Possible mild irritation.
Gender Either.
Typical Cost $12-30
Where you can get it Hair2Go (2% formula)
OTC formula available in most grocery/drug stores

Hair Loss Study Abstract: Ketoconazole binds to the human androgen receptor.

Title
Ketoconazole binds to the human androgen receptor.
Author
Eil C
Address
Department of Internal Medicine, Naval Hospital, Bethesda, Maryland.
Source
Horm Metab Res, 24: 8, 1992 Aug, 367-70
Abstract
Ketoconazole, an imidazole anti-fungal agent, has often produced features of androgen deficiency including decreased libido, gynecomastia, impotence, oligospermia, and decreased testosterone levels, in men being treated for chronic mycotic infections. Based on these potent effects on gonadal function in vivo as well as previous work in vitro demonstrating affinity of ketoconazole for receptor proteins for glucocorticoids and 1,25(OH)2 vitamin D3 and for sex steroid binding globulin (SSBG), the binding of ketoconazole to human androgen receptors (AR) in vitro was also examined. Ketoconazole competition with [3H]methyltrienolone (R1881) for androgen binding sites in dispersed, intact cultured human skin fibroblasts was determined at 22 degrees C. Fifty percent displacement of [3H]R1881 binding to AR was achieved by 6.4 +/- 1.8 (SE) x 10(-5) M ketoconazole. Additional binding studies performed with ketoconazole in the presence of increasing amounts of [3H]R1881 showed that the interaction of ketoconazole with AR was competitive when the data were analyzed by the Scatchard method. It should be noted, however, that the dose of ketoconazole required for 50% occupancy of the androgen receptor is not likely to be achieved in vivo, at least in plasma. Finally, androgen binding studies performed with other imidazoles, such as clotrimazole, miconazole, and fluconozole, revealed that in this class of compounds only ketoconazole appears to interact with the androgen receptor. Ketoconazole appears to be the first example of a non-steroidal compound which binds competitively to both SSBG and multiple steroid hormone receptors, suggesting that the ligand binding sites of these proteins share some features in common.
Language of Publication
English
Unique Identifier

Anyone looking to obtain some Nizoral Shampoo, drop me a PM.

CEDeoudes59

CEDeoudes59

USA HOCKEY
Awards
  • Established
I have been reading a lot of posts by Nizoralman, who's a mod at FG, and here's a stack he suggests if you're prone to baldness and are going to do a Test heavy cycle:

4. Polysorbate 80 Shampoo - EOD
The polysorbate shampoo, thats a brand name? Or is that an ingredient? -- I heard washing w/ the active ingredient in Head and Shoulders helps the regrowth process
thanks

YellowJacket

Banned
Awards
Its an ingredient. There's polysorbate 20, 40, 60 and 80 I believe. Its all legal can buy it on the net or probably at some stores.