Proviron stack to raise DHT and libido?

jxpx1

jxpx1

Awards
After taking finasteride for a month a couple years back, it totally screwed up my libido. i have been getting blood tests consistently throughout the years and ive managed to get almost every hormone within range, with the exception of DHT. these are my most recent.

6-01-2009
Testosterone : 460 [250-1100]
DHT: 17 [25-75]
Estrogen: 153 [>130]
FSH: 1.4 [1.6-8.0]
LH: 2.8 [1.5-9.3]
Prolactin: 28.3 [2.0-18.0]
TSH: 1.61 [0.40-4.50]

Ideally, I'd like to run masteron to raise the DHT but I'm having a hard time finding some at a reasonable price, so for right now I'm thinking of running Proviron. However, I have heard that it suppresses libido, so would a stack of Proviron + HcG help me out at all?

obviously finasteride somehow damaged my body's ability to convert T into DHT, however in the last year or so, from my blood tests ive slowly seen my T-DHT ratio getting better, but i'm not gonna sit around and wait forever. I'm only 20 years old

what do you guys think?

swole210

swole210

Awards
  • Established
Never used proviron myslef, but I beleive it is used due to its libido RAISING properties, I do not think it decreases libido!

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Proviron reduces SHBG which in turn raises free test which in turn ...:naughty:

jxpx1

jxpx1

Awards
does it raise testosterone as well tho?

im trying to figure out if in my case i should stack it with hcg just to prevent any sort of imbalance where my DHT level is too high for my T level etc..

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
...almost every hormone within range, with the exception of DHT. these are my most recent.

6-01-2009
Testosterone : 460 [250-1100]
DHT: 17 [25-75]
Estrogen: 153 [>130]
FSH: 1.4 [1.6-8.0]
LH: 2.8 [1.5-9.3]
Prolactin: 28.3 [2.0-18.0]
TSH: 1.61 [0.40-4.50]
I doubt it's the DHT causing the libido issue bro.
PROLACTIN levels are off the chart.

Tyrosine/P5P/Mucuna...should help this out.

BTW...Avy really brought back some OLD memories

jxpx1

jxpx1

Awards
Thing is, a year ago i got blood tests and they came out almost exactly to what they are right now. high prolactin, high estrogen, low dht etc...

i was on bromocriptine for 6 months, got my prolactin down to 1.3 and still nothing. like i mentioned earlier before, at one point in time i had all my hormones within the normal range EXCEPT DHT. after discontinuing the bromocriptine all my hormones got out of whack again.

lozgod

lozgod

Awards
  • Established
I doubt it's the DHT causing the libido issue bro.
PROLACTIN levels are off the chart.

Tyrosine/P5P/Mucuna...should help this out.

BTW...Avy really brought back some OLD memories
Beat me to it. You got to get that prolactin under control. That's a way better alternative to Proviron. Proviron is bad on the lipids and if you are prone, your hairline. It will however make you feel strong like bull. Used it once and loved it but that isn't your issue.

GotTest

GotTest

Awards
  • Established
Thing is, a year ago i got blood tests and they came out almost exactly to what they are right now. high prolactin, high estrogen, low dht etc...

i was on bromocriptine for 6 months, got my prolactin down to 1.3 and still nothing. like i mentioned earlier before, at one point in time i had all my hormones within the normal range EXCEPT DHT. after discontinuing the bromocriptine all my hormones got out of whack again.
Never used bromo myself...I hear it's a little harsh with sides as opposed to Caber.
So if you had no increase in libido with prolactin at 1.3, then DHT MUST have an influence on libido.

I haven't read about any LONG TERM sides with Finasteride as far as libido, but I would definitely stay away from it.
The ONLY research I've seen that showed a rise in DHT (other than HRT) that is OTC is androstenetrione (aka 6-oxo). It also raised estrogen a bit too, but I believe the DHT counteracts any sides from the est.

I've used this several times myself and did experience slight shedding and an INCREASE in libido...so I believe the research results. :D

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
finasteride half life is not very long, so I believe the problem is natural low 5 alpha reductase enzyme.
take an ai like atd , dht goes trough the roof

stilllearnin1

Awards
jxpx1 - Did it work? Did you take the proviron? what happened? you havin a good time again?

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
def works wonders for libido.