Dr. scripted Arimidex for Gyno. Help.

Gravious

Awards
Hope everyone is doing well. I need to know the best way to proceed.

I have just received a prescription for Arimidex. The Dr. says he will script it for a year if I want. Please be patient if the following data is scattered or not complete, and thank you in advance for telling me how to use the A-dex.

Here is a summary of what's going on:

I have just finished my 2nd mammogram in 2 years and there is no cancer. No history of AS use other than a cycle of Methyl Masterdrol in the Fall of 2006. I gained 30 f'ing lbs, and I realize this was water weight. I stopped after 3 weeks because the muscularity and vascular improvements were so drastic that I was afraid, to be honest. Perhaps my frame was just begging for some size. Presently, I'm 6'3" and 220lbs but am still very skinny and have a large broad frame to add on to. Don't know present body fat but it is way too high if this should be considered.

How did I get gyno?

On April 15th, 2007 I received a 200mg IM Test injection in my ass cheek, then 200mg IM Test 2 weeks later, then 400mg IM Test 2 weeks later, and finally 400mg IM Test 4 weeks later. Don't know if it was prop or cypionate. All I know is that a Dr. said he would administer it to me for abnormally low Test and I was all about it. Free Dr. prescribed Testosterone injections had me flat out excited.

Starting June 15th, 2007 I began to have a painful swollen lump in my left nipple. I took myself off of the Test injections, and the doctor would not prescribe a SERM or an AI. Very responsible of him. The lumps grew tremendously during the next 6 months.

Long story short, it took me 6 months to find a sympathetic Dr. and I went through 3 months of Tamoxifen therapy in December 2007(which I think made me fatter than I have ever been). Almost 2 years later the left lump is tiny and hard now. The right lump just showed up with a veangeance in December 2008 and I have no idea why. It is the size of a half dollar and very painful and visible. My test levels remain the same, so maybe this is why.

Should I go back on Test or another AS rather than just take the Arimidex as a stand alone? I am confident I could arrange therapeutic Test injections, but feel as though I might want to be more aggressive with a cycle than what a Dr. is going to do for me. A distant secondary goal from killing the gyno is to do a severe cut.

I must be extremely sensitive to estrogen. My Test levels were around 300ng/ml at the time I started HRT in April of 2007. The blood work was done because I had been complaining of fatigue. I was happy when the Dr. volunteered Test injections, because I'm an athlete and I weight train. However, this whole thing back fired on me in a huge way.

Now I have an opportunity to arrest the lump in the right breast, and I want to proceed as you guys would. Trying this by myself has been a miserable failure.

In case this is of any use, at home I have a bottle of M-Drol I have never started, cycle support, bcaa's, musclemilk, and some elbow grease. I know how harsh M-Drol is.

I'm sure I forgot to include a lot. Please let me know what that may be, and please let me know what you would do with the Arimidex prescription.

:hitit:

Thanks, Guys.

krogtaar

Awards
lol at having musclemilk...like you think that will help

i would stay on the arimidex (post what dose you were prescribed?)...for 2 months, tapering off very slowly over another month. going off a strong ai will cause a rebound of estrogen. you should be taking a SERM or at least resveratrol to help prevent it from coming back. i doubt anything longer than 2 months will reduce the size. also cut. note this will kill your libido and make your joints sore from low estrogen. also possibly not good for your heart.

there is a chance you will see a decent reduction in size, but it won't go away unless you get surgery

boooosted

boooosted

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i'm not sure what i would do in this situation, but probably something along the lines of what krogtarr said. You should also throw that bottle of m-drol out because its a very harsh ph with severe sides, which include gyno. If you are already prone to gyno (which i think is an understatement in your case) m-drol will only make it worse. Stay on the arimidex and see if that works. If you want to try something later on you can always go back to the arimidex since the doc will script it for a year.

Gravious

Awards
Thank you

Thank you for your responses. It feels good to have 2 well thought out and considerate responses.

Perhaps surgery down the road, but I'll settle for damage control right now.

Plus, I must have a TBD endocrine problem because this keeps showing up when I haven't even been on anything.

I hope you don't mind if I send you some questions after I put some solid thought into how I'm going to cut. I'm racing a 10K in a week, so that should be a good start! No doubt, this is a shitty place to be though and anyone wondering about if they will be okay not being very thorough with their PCT etc. Please think again and be safe. I was operating under doctor supervision and my body rebelled in a serious way.

Iron Lungz

Iron Lungz

Banned
Awards
  • Established
First off, if your doctor did indeed prescribe A-Dex for you, the dosing instructions are clearly labeled, unless the company wants the FDA to pull all of their licenses, which leads me to believe that they are labeled because no company/pharmacy will give you anything without instructions listed by the prescribibg doctor.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You should be listening to your doctor and following his instructions and treatment plan and not soliciting the advice of strangers on an internet message board.

Link24

Awards
  • Established
Hope everyone is doing well. I need to know the best way to proceed.

I have just finished my 2nd mammogram in 2 years and there is no cancer. No history of AS use other than a cycle of Methyl Masterdrol in the Fall of 2006. I gained 30 f'ing lbs, and I realize this was water weight. I stopped after 3 weeks because the muscularity and vascular improvements were so drastic that I was afraid, to be honest. Perhaps my frame was just begging for some size. Presently, I'm 6'3" and 220lbs but am still very skinny and have a large broad frame to add on to. Don't know present body fat but it is way too high if this should be considered.

How did I get gyno?
Thanks, Guys.
Methyl masterdrol is likely the cause of gyno. . . .what was your pct after this?

Gravious

Awards
I was prescribed 1mg every day for 6 months. Seems like an awful long time to take the medicine, but I guess I need to trust the doctor.

krogtaar

Awards
I was prescribed 1mg every day for 6 months. Seems like an awful long time to take the medicine, but I guess I need to trust the doctor.
as i said above 1mg for 6 months then stopping is stupid...doctors usually know little about steroids, ai's, and serms. i seriously doubt you would see any improvement after the 1st month. also it needs to b tapered down...like .5mg for 2 weeks, .5 mg EOD for 2 weeks. I would also be on nolvadex or toremifene while tapering down.